Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

asio posted:

No underbelly. These guys: http://www.atccq.com.au

Taiwan number 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
New Fairfax Ipsos poll. 50% 2pp.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

New Fairfax Ipsos poll. 50% 2pp.

I don't trust IPSOS just yet. Their polling is all over the place.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

That reminds me, I was curious about what the conventional wisdom is regarding the accuracy of the various different polls. Is there one that's generally regarded as more accurate than the others?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I thought Roy Morgan were one of the better ones.

It's going to be great watching the LNP squirm as they careen towards a self inflicted early election with the polls increasingly turning against them. I wonder if they'll succumb to the temptation of pulling the ABCC legislation and holding a regular election in November.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I think the last time it was asked the conclusion was that they're all much of a muchness and generally pretty good. Anyone saying that landline polls skew too old was talking poo poo and there wasn't any statistically significant difference in Australia.

I could be completely wrong though, I think the conversation was had around the last general election.

Here's one from that time which I might be thinking of rather than this thread.
http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/a-field-guide-to-australian-opinion.html

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Apr 17, 2016

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
50 50 is not where you want to be near an election. Ask Newman

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

A newspoll is also expected tonight.

I want an ALP lead shitstorm.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

OTOH, look at the Scottish Referendum - the second the polls hit 50/50, the tories were north of the border as fast as you can blink.

They won.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

tithin posted:

OTOH, look at the Scottish Referendum - the second the polls hit 50/50, the tories were north of the border as fast as you can blink.

They won.

scots are idiots though

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yeah but the Federal LNP has no stardom to rush in like the Tories in the UK.

Basically in Australian politics momentum against a government is hard to reverse.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
And isn't Scottish Referendum 2: Electric Boogaloo going to happen if the EU referendum votes OUT?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

And isn't Scottish Referendum 2: Electric Boogaloo going to happen if the EU referendum votes OUT?

It's not going to go away just because the Tories won a vote, if that's what you mean.

But it's true, we do vote out, not in. Making that choice difficult has always been the task here, but I think the ability to do it has degraded greatly in both major parties. We're going to have a big scare campaign the minute the Budget hits and it's the same old poo poo, the Libs have no other weapons than to demonize and hope they scrape over the line. And I think the public will hate it, but I don't know how they'll vote.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

ewe2 posted:

It's not going to go away just because the Tories won a vote, if that's what you mean.

But it's true, we do vote out, not in. Making that choice difficult has always been the task here, but I think the ability to do it has degraded greatly in both major parties. We're going to have a big scare campaign the minute the Budget hits and it's the same old poo poo, the Libs have no other weapons than to demonize and hope they scrape over the line. And I think the public will hate it, but I don't know how they'll vote.

I doubt the budget will be the same old poo poo, in the "a 2014 repeat" sense. It will be a same old poo poo in the "election 1996-2004" sense. ScoMo will do his best Oprah impression. EVERYONE GETS CASH!

Sure, not as big as before, but it will be there and with a ramped "LABOR WANT YOUR BOOMER MONEY!" scare campaign for 8 weeks... the ALP will need more than 50/50 now to get up at the election.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
20 minutes till newspoll omg

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I demand 52-49 to ALP for MAXIMUM CARNAGE

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Omg 51-49 to labor :vince:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Wait it's got a (0) movement. is this NXT?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Omg 51-49 to labor :vince:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Newspoll is preferencing NXT to ALP?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Same 2pp as last time, but a slight drop in Turdball's rating, and a slight increase in Shorten's. At least we know the last result wasn't a fluke.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Mrs Bishop's media spokesman could not be reached on Sunday but there is speculation she will go public with her view on the so-called choppergate scandal - likely to the detriment of Mr Abbott.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Mrs Bishop's media spokesman could not be reached on Sunday but there is speculation she will go public with her view on the so-called choppergate scandal - likely to the detriment of Mr Abbott.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
sorry but Bill Shorten is not going to be PM.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Someone photoshop her head to be an onion

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Only then did Bronwyn realise what a terrible mistake she had made.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Higsian posted:

Only then did Bronwyn realise what a terrible mistake she had made.

Taken at the unveiling of the revised $5 design, which Bronwyn Bishop described as being a better reflection of the style of the time.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
If our young men of this nation knew what was coming they would not be out drinking and partying til 2 in the morning, experimenting with drugs and wasting their money on pointless consumerist items.
They would be training, becoming strong, fit and wise, mastering the art of warfare, battle hardening themselves to the elements.
I propose this as we enter a new stage of Australian Nationalism.
We are in the process of bringing together Australian Youth, to raise up the spirits of our young men, to train the mind and body for the future struggle our people will face.
Stay strong and stay patient. The resurrection will come.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
The full moon shines its light down upon a crude building of corrugated aluminium. Within, illuminated by a dying fire in an old oil drum, the four young initiates kneel in front of a robed figure. Behind him stands an effigy of their patron saint, Ned Kelly. The room is thick with the smell of kerosene. The master of the ceremony raises a knife, slashing his palm and letting the blood pool there. Placing the knife on an altar of wheel rims, he dips a finger into the blood and daubs the forehead of each initiate with five spots. Stepping back, he intones, "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie." In unison, the initiates chant, "Oi, oi, oi." The pact is complete. In the distance, a koala growls its mating call.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Anidav posted:

Newspoll is preferencing NXT to ALP?

Blog post from Antony on using preference flows from the last election with this year's primary polling - http://blogs.abc.net.au/antonygreen/2016/04/a-few-thoughts-on-this-mornings-newpoll.html

The 2013 poll had an unusually high 'Others' vote who voted for PUP. Unlikely that NXT will reach the same levels as PUP as NXT are only running in SA.

With PUP collapse, a lot of those votes will flow back to the LNP giving them a 1% boost on 2PP. Using 2010 preference flows would make todays Newspoll 50-50, not 51-49.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

V for Vegas posted:

Blog post from Antony on using preference flows from the last election with this year's primary polling - http://blogs.abc.net.au/antonygreen/2016/04/a-few-thoughts-on-this-mornings-newpoll.html

The 2013 poll had an unusually high 'Others' vote who voted for PUP. Unlikely that NXT will reach the same levels as PUP as NXT are only running in SA.

With PUP collapse, a lot of those votes will flow back to the LNP giving them a 1% boost on 2PP. Using 2010 preference flows would make todays Newspoll 50-50, not 51-49.

NXT are running nationally, not just sa

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Nxt?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

WWE show that doesn't have JOHN CENA.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Nick Xenephon Terrists

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'd vote for Finn any day :swoon:

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

If we're going to be governed by a robot Arduino and Raspberry Pi are better and cheaper platforms to base it on.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Pre-emptive call to check your enrollment to avoid getting stuck with the wrong details at close of rolls (if they call it this week)

https://oevf.aec.gov.au/

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Does a Turdball float on elections eve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler
Neat, my first chance to vote in a federal election since citizenship. Will the electoral commission interpret me drawing an enormous dick next to a candidate's name as an endorsement or a dis-endorsement?

E: possibly irrelevant but Canada removed my ability to vote at the last election when they decided people living overseas didn't have sufficient impact to their lives attached to the outcome of the election to be allowed to take part. Which is too bad, putting a dick next to Trudeau's name would have fulfilled a dream of mine

Serrath fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 18, 2016

• Locked thread