Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Every time I get summoned for Abyss Watchers the host is instantly obliterated.

Thats why theyre using summons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

net cafe scandal posted:

Every time I get summoned for Abyss Watchers the host is instantly obliterated.

I parried his opening attack once or twice then one time he did the dashing stab and I just Insta died

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If they nerf the Hollowslayer GS Ima be pissed. Does anyone else think the Greatsword item description is directly referencing Guts

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

*kisses fingers*

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

*kisses fingers*

lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

This nigga seriously trying to tell me Pate is Patches

PATe + CreigHton :stare:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

*kisses fingers*

Lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

If they nerf the Hollowslayer GS Ima be pissed. Does anyone else think the Greatsword item description is directly referencing Guts

i rly think theyre talking about fume. the charged heavy will oneshot every non-boss enemy, even some of the big fuckers in the lategame. it also sends anything it doesnt kill flying and enemies+bosses always stupidly run right into it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

at the beginning i was using the charged heavy on the claymore a lot because i noticed everything happily ran into the stab and i felt bad after a while and stopped lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Just saw the rapier weapon art for the first time. Very cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Proud Rat Mom posted:

Has any imps done any magic/pyro/or faith based builds? How have they turned out? I got a int build to ithryll and it didn't seem that fun, but then I've read that caster stats scale good up to 60 this time round so that might be why

I respecced into a faith build right around carthus so I can't speak too much about the early leveling, but my experience with faith is that all the offensive spells are in the range of complete rear end to mediocre, but the buff spells are pretty nuts. Lightning blade/dark blade give a ton of bonus damage and really gently caress up bosses if you know which to use. Deep protection is really good just in general, it gives you a nice bonus to basically everything other than weight so it makes up for the fact that you put 20-30 points in a non-combat stat.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Pate/Creighton situation is basically the same thing, as Patches. IMO.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Replenishment is really strong especially if you're using Anri's Straight Sword or a Blessed infused weapon for some insane reason

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Somebody spoil for me which NPCs summons have storyline progression / unique loot

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

Replenishment is really strong especially if you're using Anri's Straight Sword or a Blessed infused weapon for some insane reason

does anris sword have a heal over time effect? thats pretty cool if so

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I've been running a faith build and yeah theyre pretty slow going. the lightning infusion which does a lot of damage if youre specced faith doesnt become available till late in the game, the blessed infusion does pretty poo poo damage but has a heal effect, and the lightning spear miracles are pretty forgettable in pve so far. the good parts are that the support miracles are really helpful and most times I could get through levels without even touching my estus for healing, just using miracles to go through damage and that the raw infusion on the right weapon means you still do pretty good damage until you get the lightning infusion or the weapon buffs later on

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

apropos to nothing posted:

does anris sword have a heal over time effect? thats pretty cool if so

It's a Blessed sword that still scales with STR/DEX and can be buffed, basically.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

It's a Blessed sword that still scales with STR/DEX and can be buffed, basically.

yeah its really nice

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

does it also have the effect where skeletons don't respawn? that sounds really nice

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Somebody spoil for me which NPCs summons have storyline progression / unique loot

gently caress I don't know which ones they are but there's two summons I think that give you unique emotes and I think that is bullshit

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ah, gently caress balls..

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Boomstick Quaid posted:

gently caress I don't know which ones they are but there's two summons I think that give you unique emotes and I think that is bullshit

one of them only gives you the emote when he kills you too lmao they went all out with hiding poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

albeit that phantom in particular will prob loving kill you

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Having rare Dark Souls loot to show off in PVP is bliss..

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Figuring out a boss on the first go

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

my sl1 guy seems to be able to invade peopel in ng+, which is interesting

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Bobnumerotres posted:

one of them only gives you the emote when he kills you too lmao they went all out with hiding poo poo

Is that Tsorig, because he gives you his regardless of who wins.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

lmao

Dan Didio posted:

oh i didnt know, he kicked my rear end first so i thought that was how it worked lolol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Dan Didio posted:

I don't remember who it is but the guy in the catacombs rat sewer area did a "thank you" emote over my corpse and I learned it

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

sunbro invading in the cathedral, run away from a group of four and hide around the building with the ladder shortcut. wait for them to go in then kick the host off the platform as he's about to drop the ladder. number of souls received: 1337

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i summoned for Yorhm for some dumb loving reason so that i could figure out what was happening, and then kill myself to fight him solo, but instead they obliterated him in like 30 seconds. i'll have to fight him regularly next time, i guess.

aldritch was pretty easy, but had a shitload of awesome attacks. i'm sort of sad that i'm getting close to the end, i guess, but i've successfully completed like 0% of the npc quests, and i have a lot of stuff to discover as soon as i immediately start the next playthrough. on to lothric...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I didn't quite agree with whoever said that this was actually Demons Souls 2 but then I fought Yhorm and turns out they were 100% right

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
One of the male voices, the mature one, I think, is the dude's voice from Demons' Souls.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

i have an upper respiratory onfection and can't play worth a drat, gently caress gently caress gently caress

My one day off to play a lot and i cant even beat road of sacrifice

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also, spoiler question for later in the game after ihryll: is there anything to do in gwyn's grave below anor londo? it's a really cool callback, but it feels like i missed something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

also, spoiler question for later in the game after ihryll: is there anything to do in gwyn's grave below anor londo? it's a really cool callback, but it feels like i missed something.

Yeah there's a questline go to talk Yuria that should open it up if that doesn't do it then you done goofed the quest

• Locked thread