Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Just hope that building's management company doesn't get into a contract dispute with whoever runs the garage robot.
http://www.wired.com/2006/08/giant-robot-imprisons-parked-cars/

Zhentar posted:

I haven't found hauling groceries from my basement garage to be that much of an inconvenience, but if I did I'd just get a cart to carry them up.

I'm disappointed you didn't link to a Stryker evacuation chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Long time listener - first time caller.

At the bowling alley last week...something seemed amiss...

Yep...it's load bearing.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

SharkTattoos posted:

Yep...it's load bearing.

I wonder what would happen if you knocked that pin over... :ohdear:

It's okay, they probably have a spare. :haw:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Who would be liable if someone got hurt? The employee or the alley?

Both, in a 7–10 split.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Wow, that's bad, the employees should go on strike.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Also 400 pound block of concrete LOL!

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
That sure is a real turkey of a construction job

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

SharkTattoos posted:

What are the long glass tubes on the rack, are they just really tall glasses or what?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Crotch Fruit posted:

What are the long glass tubes on the rack, are they just really tall glasses or what?

Looks like a beer tube. 3/4 gallon or so of beer with a tap at the bottom. Basically it's a gimmick alternative to pitchers.

e:f;b

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

How am I supposed to fit my novelty half yard or boot glass under that spout?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

CopperHound posted:

How am I supposed to fit my novelty half yard or boot glass under that spout?

Turn it over, now the spigot is 3' up

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

High Lord Elbow posted:

I have a basement garage. Tremendous pain in the rear end when you want to haul in groceries or something. It's below the kitchen so we thought about putting in a dumbwaiter but there's a little thing about fire-rated doors, so that's impractical too.

How much groceries do you buy, geez.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

totalnewbie posted:

400 lbs worth, obviously.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

This is the new landscaping my work just installed

Something tells me it's not going to last the next time it rains

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

SharkTattoos posted:

Yep...it's load bearing.

If that pin is screwed in place top and bottom, then I don't see the issue. Bowling pins are full of wood:

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

FCKGW posted:

This is the new landscaping my work just installed

Something tells me it's not going to last the next time it rains

Please post an after shot when it rains

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Buff Skeleton posted:

Please post an after shot after peeing on it

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

totalnewbie posted:

I have children so pretty much all the groceries. Those little bastards are like the Langoliers.

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

High Lord Elbow posted:

totalnewbie posted:

I have children so pretty much all the groceries. Those little bastards are like the Langoliers.

I was going to say. Not everyone lives alone dude. Lots of us shop for more than one person at a time. And often we don't have loads of time to dedicate to shopping so we buy larger amounts less frequently. And often we'll buy a whole bunch of something if it's on sale, and not something that goes bad quickly. I don't know how anyone who has a family can stand living in say a condo or an apartment.

fake edit: someone tell me how to make that quote work properly, please.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If you don't help haul up the bags you don't get to eat. Many hands make light work.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

If you don't haul the entire load up in one go by stringing just as many bags as you can on your arms then you're doing it all wrong. :colbert:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

kid sinister posted:

If that pin is screwed in place top and bottom, then I don't see the issue. Bowling pins are full of wood:

This is cool, what are the two little notches on the right side there?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Everything falls more satisfactorily if it's oddly weighted.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Arrath posted:

If you don't haul the entire load up in one go by stringing just as many bags as you can on your arms then you're doing it all wrong. :colbert:

Go ahead and try this when your groceries include 4 gallons of milk, 2 gallons of orange juice, a 24-pack of yoghurt cups, four boxes of cereal, two loaves of bread and a dozen sandwich rolls, several pounds of various meats, and probably like twenty pounds' worth of carrots, celery, onions, potatoes, lettuce, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, etc.

That was most of a week's worth of groceries in my family's house when I was a kid. I don't care how buff you are, it's physically too bulky for one person to move in a single trip.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Go ahead and try this when your groceries include 4 gallons of milk, 2 gallons of orange juice, a 24-pack of yoghurt cups, four boxes of cereal, two loaves of bread and a dozen sandwich rolls, several pounds of various meats, and probably like twenty pounds' worth of carrots, celery, onions, potatoes, lettuce, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, etc.

That was most of a week's worth of groceries in my family's house when I was a kid. I don't care how buff you are, it's physically too bulky for one person to move in a single trip.

Good Lord. How big was your family?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

kid sinister posted:

That sounds like a weeks worth for a family of four. My parents bought at least that much with my brother in I in high school and being competitive swimmers in school and summer leagues.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

kid sinister posted:

Wistfully recalling how much I ate as a pubescent male I am terrified of our food bills in 13 years. By 18 years old 3,000 kcals/day while maintaining my weight was a "light" day.

Edit: I used to drink 64oz of Mott's apple juice a day. I have no idea how I didn't get type 2 diabetes.

H110Hawk fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 17, 2016

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

My two kids (4 and 2) go through a gallon of milk in two days, so four gallons is about a week's worth. We don't actually buy that much at a time though because we would like to have something else in the fridge.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ashcans posted:

My two kids (4 and 2) go through a gallon of milk in two days, so four gallons is about a week's worth. We don't actually buy that much at a time though because we would like to have something else in the fridge.

My parents had a second fridge in the garage for the sole purpose to hold the reserve gallons of OJ and milk (and bottled beer and sodas) between the weekly grocery trips.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My wife and I don't have kids but it's impossible to get out of Costco for less than three hundred bucks anyway.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

Leperflesh posted:

My wife and I don't have kids but it's impossible to get out of Costco for less than three hundred bucks anyway.

the only way to win at costco is- no membership, only go there for the unbelievably cheap cafeteria food

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.

Leperflesh posted:

I get out of Costco all the time for $150. You're just doing it wrong.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

th vwls hv scpd posted:

So you spend the exact amount of money as they would individually and somehow they're doing it wrong? Or is that the joke?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

th vwls hv scpd posted:

lol if you don't buy 168lbs of kitty litter every two months

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Leperflesh posted:

lol if you don't buy 60lbs of chicken every month

FTFY

Although it's important not to go to Costco hungry, or you'll end up buying bulk quantities of pistachios and jelly beans.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ashcans posted:

FTFY

Although it's important not to go to Costco hungry, or you'll end up buying bulk quantities of pistachios and jelly beans.

And those jugs of cashews.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Basically the only reason I ever have to go to a wholesale club is to walk out with a $150 standing rib roast anyway, otherwise I'll just pay 1% more money at Target and recoup the difference in drive time

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Vulture Culture posted:

Basically the only reason I ever have to go to a wholesale club is to walk out with a $150 standing rib roast anyway, otherwise I'll just pay 1% more money at Target and recoup the difference in drive time

The killer is when you've got a costco with in a few miles. I hate the crowds so I can only stand going about once a month but once the toilet paper gets low - the trip happens and we're lucky to escape for under 150$. Mostly chicken, nuts, frozen veggies and dry goods.

Oh what the hell, I thought I clicked on a different thread. Ummm to make this construction related - they uhh poo poo i've got nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Tigntink posted:

Ummm to make this construction related - they uhh poo poo i've got nothing.
You could make them load bearing dry goods?

Or use 400 pounds of costco groceries to secure your motorcycle

CopperHound fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 18, 2016