Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Tyma posted:

Edit : I mean, they won it because Bergamasco can kick, while nobody on either team can catch the ball while running, but it was really fun.

And if someone does run with the ball you have to miss three tackles before someone does bring them down.

But you're right, a really enjoyable game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
So glad I caught that game. In terms of the scoreline it was very entertaining, but again the lack of handling skills and first-up tackling in USA rugby meant the actual play wasn't too inspiring.

Nevertheless, it's a definite step up. Way to go, Professional Rugby Organization Rugby!

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

i thought the production was pretty great even if the skills werent. fun to watch and hope it grows. also mils muliaina is joining the sf side in a couple weeks which still makes me laugh

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

They can only get better from here on *.

* said every single SunWolves fan after every single game

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Arctic Baldwin posted:

i thought the production was pretty great even if the skills werent. fun to watch and hope it grows. also mils muliaina is joining the sf side in a couple weeks which still makes me laugh

Ohio has snagged Jamie Mackintosh as well.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Muliaina must have spent his career earnings on some preposterous poo poo considering his late career has seen spells at Connacht, Zebre and a team in a league that didn't even exist a couple of months ago.

I suppose it's to be expected that a new league will bring these kinds of players in, hopefully they can help the younger squad members and stuff and actually develop the game.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Welp. Willie le Roux must be made of a combination of play-doh and carbon steel.

(Jason Emery just cleaned him out in the air, le Roux came down from about six feet up to land on the back of his neck. Red card for Emery - totally agree with that, even as a Highlanders fan. Just glad that le Roux is walking under his own power, legit thought we were looking at a broken neck.)

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Thel posted:

(Jason Emery just cleaned him out in the air, le Roux came down from about six feet up to land on the back of his neck. Red card for Emery - totally agree with that, even as a Highlanders fan. Just glad that le Roux is walking under his own power, legit thought we were looking at a broken neck.)

I honestly don't agree with the card. It was a very unpleasant situation, but Emery didn't have a choice - he went up for the ball, le Roux lifted his legs towards him... he either did that, or took knees / boots to the face.
The rest of the reffing has been atrocious, as well.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I honestly don't agree with the card. It was a very unpleasant situation, but Emery didn't have a choice - he went up for the ball, le Roux lifted his legs towards him... he either did that, or took knees / boots to the face.
The rest of the reffing has been atrocious, as well.

Disagree. Emery realised he wasn't going to win the ball, attempted to bail out, and basically undercut le Roux. (If you look at the contact, it's Emery's shoulder to le Roux's rear end.)

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Thel posted:

Disagree. Emery realised he wasn't going to win the ball, attempted to bail out, and basically undercut le Roux. (If you look at the contact, it's Emery's shoulder to le Roux's rear end.)

You may be right. My interpretation was from my brief look as it happened, plus what my wife was telling me as my pansy, squeamish self ran to another room.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
How is Le Roux not dead? Holy poo poo.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
https://youtu.be/Z3i0q2n4rZ8

:shrug:

A haka before a football match performed by actors to sell face cream, I don't know where to start.

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 22, 2016

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

https://youtu.be/Z3i0q2n4rZ8

:shrug:

A haka before a football match performed by actors to sell face cream, I don't know where to start.

AC Milan should be happy they will never ever play New Zealand in anything is a good starting point as far as I'm concerned.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
On his first game back Joe Marler has just kicked someone in the head. What a prick. https://twitter.com/SportsMindUK/status/723604723400597504

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Thel posted:

I agree with the card, and I don't think O'Keefe really had any other option other than a straight red. It didn't look intentional at all though.

fallingdownjoe posted:

On his first game back Joe Marler has just kicked someone in the head. What a prick. https://twitter.com/SportsMindUK/status/723604723400597504

This, on the other hand? gently caress him. When Eddie Jones was talking about some England players having the wrong attitude, I wonder if Marler was one of the players he was referring to?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

This, on the other hand? gently caress him. When Eddie Jones was talking about some England players having the wrong attitude, I wonder if Marler was one of the players he was referring to?

Seeing as it's Jones, he probably thinks Marler isn't enough of a bellend.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

I agree with the card, and I don't think O'Keefe really had any other option other than a straight red. It didn't look intentional at all though.

Yeah Emery didn't *intend* to do that, he just got it all arse-about-kite, resulting in le Roux landing all arse-about-kite. And yeah, opposing player up for the ball + contact + not challenging for the ball => referee going to the pocket every time. That plus the fact the contact completely upended the opponent => red.

Also every time I watch that replay I'm more and more confused as to how le Roux isn't tetraplegic right now. That's like a textbook case of "how to break your neck". Dude must have the trapezius muscles of Zeus.

Vagabundo posted:

What a fuckwit. Seriously, does he have two brain cells to rub together? I can't believe O'Shea trying to say it's not red card worthy - he deliberately made contact with the head of a prone player. Doesn't really matter if Marler is too incompetent to actually kick Heguy properly, the mere act of deliberately doing that should be a red card (and hopefully a long suspension, more likely he'll get a slap on the wrist though).

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

You all need to chill, it was just a love tap, Joe isn't a violent player, just like he isn't a racist.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Unimpressed posted:

You all need to chill, it was just a love tap, Joe isn't a violent player, just like he isn't a racist.

He just does racist and violent things, hes the real victim here

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

In other news, the Sunwolves just rugbied their way to a win.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

In other news, the Sunwolves just rugbied their way to a win.

Did they loving ever. :)

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Wasps off to a good start, hopefully they can keep it up and continue the tradition of Saracens getting cock-blocked from a European Championship.

e: Preistland is starting at 15 for Bath.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 23, 2016

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
What are the chances well ever see Henson and Priestland play together?

Edit : Forgot that Bath sold Henson to Ospreys 2 :{

Tyma fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 23, 2016

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Bath have won with Priestland at 15 for an entire game. He did botch a try though.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Tyma posted:

What are the chances well ever see Henson and Priestland play together?

Edit : Forgot that Bath sold Henson to Ospreys 2 :{

I checked, and apparently he's at Bristol.

Edit: And it looks like the Ospreys have Brendon Leonard now. :laffo:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One advantage of having a newborn in the house is you get to watch a lot of TV late you never normally would live like AFL and Rugby.

I like watching Rugby and know the general rules, but by and large now little about teams and quality*, so I'm wondering is the Crusaders vs Brumbles match going to be good?

*like I'm not really sure what this group of matches in Singapore I was watching earlier was for...except it seemed really fast or shorter periods at least.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

gfanikf posted:

One advantage of having a newborn in the house is you get to watch a lot of TV late you never normally would live like AFL and Rugby.

I like watching Rugby and know the general rules, but by and large now little about teams and quality*, so I'm wondering is the Crusaders vs Brumbles match going to be good?

*like I'm not really sure what this group of matches in Singapore I was watching earlier was for...except it seemed really fast or shorter periods at least.

What you were watching earlier is known as Sevens, which is an abbreviated form of the game. Usually, there are 15 players on the pitch at any given time (8 forwards and 7 backs), whereas the 7s format has 7 players (3 forwards, 4 backs), in 7-minute halves (or 10 if it's a final of a tournament).

The Crusaders v. Brumbies game has a high potential to be quite good. The Crusaders are one of the traditional powerhouses of Super Rugby, having won the competition 7 times (more than double any other team in the competition, and Australia have generally been the top Australian side.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Awesome. That does explain the crazy rear end pace.

Good to know it should be a good match. Nothing worse then trying to get into something and having it between two poo poo teams.

Now I just wish ESPN3 would just play the SR March like they have it on their schedule instead of lacrosse and college baseball.

Edit: now it says 2am...was the app using the wrong time zone?

Oh well I guess I'll watch the Lions King replay.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 24, 2016

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

3 tries so far, within the first 15 minutes, so pretty good, yeah. That's like a whole round of 6N rugby :smug:

e: gently caress, Nandolo is the full package, size, speed, ball skills and kicking skills, he can even spot kick, unbelievable.

Unimpressed fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Apr 24, 2016

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Vagabundo posted:

I checked, and apparently he's at Bristol.

Edit: And it looks like the Ospreys have Brendon Leonard now. :laffo:

Brendon Leonard, JJ Engelbrecht and Maʻafu Fia have started one game between them this season :{

I think Leonard is just emergency cover for Rhys Webb, in-case he ever gets injured and/or arrested.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unimpressed posted:

e: gently caress, Nandolo is the full package, size, speed, ball skills and kicking skills, he can even spot kick, unbelievable.
That dude was a beast. I mean just a phenomenal player. Funny enough he reminded me of like a really jacked up version of Colin Salmon.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/castrogiovanni-suspended-after-vegas-photos/

This is probably the best way to get fired from your job.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

This Highlanders v. Brumbies game is like a parody of all the worst aspects of Northern a Hemisphere rugby.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Does that mean it's really good or really bad?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Does that mean it's really good or really bad?

It's super-poo poo.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I get the feeling that all the poo poo going on behind the scenes is catching up badly with the Horses.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Glasgow annihilated Zebre last night with a ten try 70-10 victory. The repercussions for the Italian clubs could be quite damaging though as there's mutterings of them being removed from the Pro 12 due to their incapability.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I think it's only a matter of time before there's a proper debate about how the NH game is structured.

Whooping sides does no one any favours.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

WMain00 posted:

Glasgow annihilated Zebre last night with a ten try 70-10 victory. The repercussions for the Italian clubs could be quite damaging though as there's mutterings of them being removed from the Pro 12 due to their incapability.

Sat 20 Feb 15 Benetton Treviso 40 - 24 Cardiff Blues
Sat 31 Oct 15 Zebre Rugby 26 - 15 Cardiff Blues
Sat 13 Feb 16 Benetton Treviso 13 - 7 Cardiff Blues

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
At the Millennium Stadium with Tyma and the Ospreys are poo poo. At least there's some entertainment in his despair!