Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Gologle posted:

https://imgur.com/a/olgvn

This is a really good link that someone in this thread put up, so I'm putting it here myself for ease of access for myself. It's really interesting. Some of the stuff is probably unused items that were left out of the final game, while some others may hint at future DLC content. What kind of surprises me is how the NPC faces actually kind of match up with their characters. Irina is blind, Cornyx is old, etc.

I am yours too, if you wish

e: lmao and then I scrolled one down and hit Anri

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

CJ posted:

Does anyone have an Abyss Watcher soul they don't need and want to trade a Farron Greatsword for something? I hosed up and wasted mine and that sword looks really cool.

Couple pages back but I'll give you mine if you give me a Sunset Shield :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

keyframe posted:

Where do people find the vocal emotes? I encountered a couple sunbros who used it so I am guessing I missed whoever is selling those.

Trade with the bird at firelink. Specifically:

Divine Blessing = Very Good
Hidden Blessing = Thank You
Alluring Skull = Hello
Sacred Chime = Help Me
Shriving Stone = I'm Sorry

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Yardbomb posted:

Havel's ring is another 9 to equip load, which you can make with the soul from that big rear end in a top hat up above the wolf of farron's bonfire.
Ah okay. 9 is good, that should do it.

Just killed that guy before I posted, too. Good timing.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Gologle posted:

https://imgur.com/a/olgvn

This is a really good link that someone in this thread put up, so I'm putting it here myself for ease of access for myself. It's really interesting. Some of the stuff is probably unused items that were left out of the final game, while some others may hint at future DLC content. What kind of surprises me is how the NPC faces actually kind of match up with their characters. Irina is blind, Cornyx is old, etc.

i can't believe all of those weapons and armor, what the hell

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

CJ posted:

Folow the river to the bonfire then go down that path.

Rosaria's Fingers is accessed by taking the shortcut from the cathedral bonfire up to the undead with a crossbow, then go round the ledge up the ladder and get on to the rafters. Drop down on the other side to the obvious wooden balcony and follow the path.

Found Rosaria's Fingers, thanks! Although my main reason for finding her covenant was the assumption that the Red Soapstone was there, guess it isn't.

Um, I'm not sure what river is being referred to here though. I've killed Aldrytch and I'm not sure where to go next. DS3 is pretty gigantic...

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing
For anyone who's getting performance issues / low framerates despite CPU / GPU being up to the task - check out this thread on reddit, it helped solve all my performance issues thus far. Silky smooth 60 fps most of the time now, and what framerate changes there are are handled much better, so there's no noticeable stutter (except with the saving thing but oh well) etc.

Basically, go to nVidia control panel -> Manage 3d settings -> Manage for darksoulsiii.exe -> Find 'Virtual Reality Pre-Rendered Frames' -> set to 'Use the 3d application setting' rather than 'Use the global setting'

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

CJacobs posted:

Trade with the bird at firelink. Specifically:

Divine Blessing = Very Good
Hidden Blessing = Thank You
Alluring Skull = Hello
Sacred Chime = Help Me
Shriving Stone = I'm Sorry

These, plus there's at least one gesture, "hey," that lets you yell at people

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I don't know why the loving Hell they can't get blue covenants right

Like I'd settle for either being able to counter-invade people outside WoB or having a Blue Eye Orb, instead we get two identical covenants that are identical versions of Blue Sentinels that don't have cracked orbs or a dueling arena

They got it right in Dark Souls 2 I have no idea why they thought removing blue invasions was a good idea.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
WHAT SET IS THAT NPC NEAR THE PALADIN ASHES AT CATHEDRAL DEEP FIRST BONFIRE WEARING? thanbks

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

Mr Dog posted:

Found Rosaria's Fingers, thanks! Although my main reason for finding her covenant was the assumption that the Red Soapstone was there, guess it isn't.

Um, I'm not sure what river is being referred to here though. I've killed Aldrytch and I'm not sure where to go next. DS3 is pretty gigantic...

Kill all the worm men right outside Rosaria's room. It's there.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Mr Dog posted:

Worm dude not agroing outside her door drops it into your inventory, check, you might already have it.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I AM BRAWW posted:

WHAT SET IS THAT NPC NEAR THE PALADIN ASHES AT CATHEDRAL DEEP FIRST BONFIRE WEARING? thanbks

I forget the name of the set, but your very own copy of it is in the Clearwater swamp in Road of Sacrifices, near the giant gate and somewhat between the two giant crabs.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Funkmaster General posted:

I forget the name of the set, but your very own copy of it is in the Clearwater swamp in Road of Sacrifices, near the giant gate and somewhat between the two giant crabs.

I must've not even noticed I have it, I do remember picking something up there. Gonna check.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
update: It's the Fallen Knight set it's good.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFH4y1UNhIw :same:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I AM BRAWW posted:

This one? That's the Fallen Knight set; you find it in Road of Sacrifices swamp (as opposed to the Farron Keep swamp, where you find the nameless knight set.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Funkmaster General posted:

I had a crab trying to smash my head in when I picked that up and it covered the entire screen to show the entire set and I just sat there and screamed.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

They do those gestures afterward as if their victory was at all earned.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Just beat the High Lord.

Is that the worst boss in the game? Because...well, okay, he's not Bed of Chaos bad, let's not say anything we can't take back here. But he was a drat sight worse than everyone else I've seen.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
What does getting cursed do in this game?

I got cursed a while back, but it didn't halve my health like in Dark Souls 1? Is it still active? Is that what this weird tiny symbol that I can't read under my stamina bar means?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah, I did not like High Lord. Especially the two attempts I lost because his weak spots clipped through the floor and stayed there so I could do nothing.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Bombadilillo posted:

Worm dude not agroing outside her door drops it into your inventory, check, you might already have it.

There's one non-aggressive worm dude out there but no Red Soapstone.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Bass Bottles posted:

What does getting cursed do in this game?

I got cursed a while back, but it didn't halve my health like in Dark Souls 1? Is it still active? Is that what this weird tiny symbol that I can't read under my stamina bar means?

It's just an instant kill. Don't know of any other effects.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lotish posted:

Yeah, I did not like High Lord. Especially the two attempts I lost because his weak spots clipped through the floor and stayed there so I could do nothing.

I just hate how artificial a constraint it feels like when you run out of room in that fight. Like, there's not a wall of spikes or something that crushes you or anything, he either just does his poison breath and you don't have anywhere to run, or he advances (and clips his face straight through the back wall) and you die in that 'gently caress you, don't stand here' fog spewing from his waist. Doesn't help that he seems to keep his right armlet RIGHT back up against that vague poison fog/arbitrary gently caress-you zone.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Mr Dog posted:

There's one non-aggressive worm dude out there but no Red Soapstone.

Sure you don't have it then? It gets auto placed in your inventory, like the crystal lizards when killed. That's the guy so you might be glitched, (or have it)

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Bombadilillo posted:

Sure you don't have it then? It gets auto placed in your inventory, like the crystal lizards when killed. That's the guy so you might be glitched, (or have it)

Oh, you have to kill him.

I usually feel bad about killing things that aren't trying to kill me :shobon:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Spiritus Nox posted:

I just hate how artificial a constraint it feels like when you run out of room in that fight. Like, there's not a wall of spikes or something that crushes you or anything, he either just does his poison breath and you don't have anywhere to run, or he advances (and clips his face straight through the back wall) and you die in that 'gently caress you, don't stand here' fog spewing from his waist. Doesn't help that he seems to keep his right armlet RIGHT back up against that vague poison fog/arbitrary gently caress-you zone.

If you break one of the bracelets he slides back to his starting position. If you ran out of room, you aren't being aggressive enough.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Do certain zones only allow one summon? I'm getting annoyed with that fact that I can't just roll four deep through the entire game. It's pissing me off.

Also, in the swamp I must have killed four or five invaders. Are those NPC invaders or actual players? I've never seen that many before, and they all died pretty easy so I'm guessing they were NPC because I'm terrible.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Mr Dog posted:

Oh, you have to kill him.

I usually feel bad about killing things that aren't trying to kill me :shobon:

There's a weird baby face lizard in the dungeon I don't know if I should kill. So I feel you.

...should I kill the baby faced lizard in the dungeon?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

There's a weird baby face lizard in the dungeon I don't know if I should kill. So I feel you.

yes. kill them all

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

CJacobs posted:

If you break one of the bracelets he slides back to his starting position. If you ran out of room, you aren't being aggressive enough.

I stand by what I said about the area around his back killing you for reasons that are so vague that it's hard to notice when you first start taking damage, and how he'll advance all the way to the end and start just rubbing against/clipping through the back wall.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bombadilillo posted:

Sure.

there's more.

And they aren't peaceful

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

How can I be mad when I lose to the princes? They're so loving nice.

And I have been losing, a lot.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Man these snake men don't gently caress around. They've been working out since DS1.

CJacobs posted:

They do those gestures afterward as if their victory was at all earned.

Rudest thing i've had a guy do is patches squat over my corpse :mad:

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Rapier, Crystal Sage's Rapier, or Pontiff Knight Curved Sword? ~SL45

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I spent like 3 hours grinding out yhorm for sunlight medals and now I have completely forgotten where I haven't explored yet, so I don't know where to go. on the plus side, I've got enough medals to max out the covenant

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

CJacobs posted:

I had one run I was summoned for where he went straight to the wall without stopping after we broke one bracelet. There wasn't a chance to hit the bracelets because he was just in his "run" animation the whole time until we reached the wall. He's buggy.

But I had several runs that went great and I basically saved someone's day. Lots of people facing Wolnir need a Sunlight Superman.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Man, I know some people were kind of down on some of the lore stuff making a direct return as too fanservicey, buuut(super huge later area spoilers) seeing the name ANOR LONDO just pop up on the screen was probably one of the bigger "holy poo poo" moments of this game to me. this game owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Well, I beat the game. Level 80, 34 hours as a 40 Strength Murder Lady wearing silver knight armor with the dancer's veil. Did the "normal" ending probably everyone does their first time through, although I had obtained the item needed for the "not as normal" ending but didn't know how to trigger it. Ah well!

Amazing game, best of the Soulsbornes nary a bad area or boss in the bunch (except maybe Smoldering Lake). I have maaany questions about the lore and overall plot and my only criticism is that I was never clear WHY I was doing almost anything. but maybe that was the point!