Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

John Cena is what Dana wishes he had in Sage "oh poo poo he's got side control" Northcutt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Sage evolving into John Cena would be a good end game scenario for Dana. But who is the UFC equivalent of Nikki Bella?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

1st AD posted:

Sage evolving into John Cena would be a good end game scenario for Dana. But who is the UFC equivalent of Nikki Bella?

Matt Hughes clearly.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

Whoever told the anecdote about working in a video store in the 90's and realising that whenever a very obviously mentally retarded person walked in there was a 100% chance of them making a bee line to the wrestling section, you should know that I may have forgotten you, but your insights live on in my heart.

Lol

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

Whoever told the anecdote about working in a video store in the 90's and realising that whenever a very obviously mentally retarded person walked in there was a 100% chance of them making a bee line to the wrestling section, you should know that I may have forgotten you, but your insights live on in my heart.

I love me some rasslin' but this is amazing.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Skinty McEdger posted:

Matt Hughes clearly.

Wouldn't it be Travis Browne?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Thauros posted:

Wouldn't it be Travis Browne?

No, he's Macho Man.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Marching Powder posted:

It's like what cops say about Star Trek:

Not every Star Trek fan is a pedophile, but every pedophile is a Star Trek fan.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

LividLiquid posted:

It's like what cops say about Star Trek:

Not every Star Trek fan is a pedophile, but every pedophile is a Star Trek fan.

Cops knew

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Captain Log posted:

This thread keeps floating around and making me think something is happening. God damnit fight or gently caress off.

I loved Cm Punk's run in WWE, but this.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Hope Eugene beats Punk to the punch
https://twitter.com/UGeneDinsmore/status/721125566514991104

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If he does keeps the Eugene gimmick and music as he comes down to the ring before getting bombs dropped on him by whichever unranked LHW fighter in front of a hushed and discomforted crowd that would be funny enough to make up for all the inherent humor of the CM Punk thing being dried out.

Failing that, a good rear end whooping would be a first step towards penance for the Eugene gimmick.

EDIT Step two would be a further rear end whooping and so forth.

RacistGuidingLight fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Apr 16, 2016

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
i started the eugene sucks chant at summerslam 04 so i like to think i played a part in his immediate burial afterward

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
There are pro wrestlers in MMA and mental retards in MMA, but a pro wrestling retard in MMA? Hachi machi!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RacistGuidingLight posted:

If he does keeps the Eugene gimmick and music as he comes down to the ring before getting bombs dropped on him by whichever unranked LHW fighter in front of a hushed and discomforted crowd that would be funny enough to make up for all the inherent humor of the CM Punk thing being dried out.

This is a very funny idea to me, but also makes me think of that fight where the guy with no arms and legs was in an mma fight which was also funny but sad in execution

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Aesop Poprock posted:

This is a very funny idea to me, but also makes me think of that fight where the guy with no arms and legs was in an mma fight which was also funny but sad in execution

:stare:

I feel the need to ask for both context and video of this.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

RZApublican posted:

:stare:

I feel the need to ask for both context and video of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYkTRTTjxvI

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'm thoroughly certain that Kyle Maynard would completely destroy Dan Quinn in a fight.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

One of this guy coming at me, without hands? Oh my god,

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dr. rear end posted:

He moves fast, but can he catch black guys from behind? Oh no poo poo Royce Gracie!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

RZApublican posted:

I'm thoroughly certain that Kyle Maynard would completely destroy Dan Quinn in a fight.

yeah but he can't play the violin

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Marching Powder posted:

I don't think it was me that said this, but I worked at an HMV that sold a shitload of DVD's in the mid 2000's and had pretty much the exact same experience.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dr. rear end posted:

what commission sanctioned that, holy poo poo. If I ok'd that, I'd have nightmares about quad amputees getting kneed into the 3rd row.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

coconono posted:

what commission sanctioned that, holy poo poo. If I ok'd that, I'd have nightmares about quad amputees getting kneed into the 3rd row.

well he's always a grounded opponent so, all kicks to the head are illegal

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

rovert posted:

Hope Eugene beats Punk with a punch

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

coconono posted:

what commission sanctioned that, holy poo poo.

Surprising approximately no one, Alabama.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Just let me roll, bro.

I love the punch at 1:11. It's framed as such that it looks like the fighter is punching a dying turkey. You can almost see his thought process before and after. "Oh gently caress I'm about to punch a grounded man with no arms and legs." *POP* "Oh gently caress I just punched a grounded man with no arms and legs."

How did the guy with no arms or legs ever think he could do anything? Tire him out and then swamp him with stubs? I'm not trying to be insensitive, I just have no idea how the logistics of this is supposed to work.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Apr 18, 2016

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Chromatic posted:

I just have no idea how the logistics of this is supposed to work.

It's fine, neither did they.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Chromatic posted:

How did the guy with no arms or legs ever think he could do anything?

He's had some success in wrestling and submission grappling -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5R75GGUovg&hd=1

so presumably he was hoping to do that.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Okay but you can still punch from your back in mma. A couple of decent shots would probably completely disrupt any wrestling/grappling he was trying to do. It's not like he could block them very well.

Edit: Oh, that's where I recognized Kyle from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b97oP708_pI&t=78s

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Later on Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Bob Holly pretty much beat the poo poo out of the dude on pay-per-view for having the temerity to defend himself in a fight he didn't ask for, and so the integrity and honor of professional wrestling was duly restored.
Now that Holly, Bradshaw and Taker aren't around, who is left on the roster that is sadistic enough to throw haymakers and stiff powerbombs at people who are disrespectful?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

deep space nein posted:

Now that Holly, Bradshaw and Taker aren't around, who is left on the roster that is sadistic enough to throw haymakers and stiff powerbombs at people who are disrespectful?

The just bring Bradshaw out of retirement for a night. It's what happened when the Ascension got in trouble for saying scripted lines that someone had written for them.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

fatherdog posted:

He's had some success in wrestling and submission grappling -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5R75GGUovg&hd=1

so presumably he was hoping to do that.

When I first heard of him I was intrigued until it turned out that a really buff large dude without arms or legs weighs as much as a toneless skinny kid who has learned sprawl, head and arm, double leg take down and probably CUT, just to keep him useful until you catch something that can learn both CUT and STRENGTH.

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

Skinty McEdger posted:

The just bring Bradshaw out of retirement for a night. It's what happened when the Ascension got in trouble for saying scripted lines that someone had written for them.
Bradshaw once got knocked the gently caress out by Steve Blackman who was not going to put up with his poo poo. This knowledge makes me happy :allears:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Bradshaw got knocked the gently caress out by Joey Styles of all people once.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chromatic posted:

Just let me roll, bro.

I love the punch at 1:11. It's framed as such that it looks like the fighter is punching a dying turkey. You can almost see his thought process before and after. "Oh gently caress I'm about to punch a grounded man with no arms and legs." *POP* "Oh gently caress I just punched a grounded man with no arms and legs."

How did the guy with no arms or legs ever think he could do anything? Tire him out and then swamp him with stubs? I'm not trying to be insensitive, I just have no idea how the logistics of this is supposed to work.

you could tell the 4limbed fighter is totally stuck in a moral quandary the entire fight. Being known as the guy that beat the absolute dogshit out of a dude with no arms and legs can't be a good career move.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Well, there was the time WWE tried to haze a bunch of rookies on television by putting them in shoot grappling matches with Kurt Angle (who has a legit Olympic gold in freestyle wrestling). Unfortunately, what they don't teach you in freestyle wrestling is how to defend a kimura, and one of the young guys was a trained MMA guy (which WWE knew and promoted up front before deciding that this would be a good idea). Fortunately for Angle, the ref counted a very quick pin count to get him out of there, because god only knows that you're going to get a Gracie to tap before he does, and WWE were about ten seconds away from having one of their top guys on the shelf for three months because you thought it'd be super funny to do a stupid segment that nobody watched or cared about.

Later on Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Bob Holly pretty much beat the poo poo out of the dude on pay-per-view for having the temerity to defend himself in a fight he didn't ask for, and so the integrity and honor of professional wrestling was duly restored.

Puder wanted that fight. He tanked the challenges they set up for them earlier as he had an idea what was coming (that WWE wanted to tire them out before they got to Angle.) It doesn't excuse the petty bullshit in the Rumble but he definitely wanted to get in there with Angle.

Luigi Thirty posted:

It was also nearly a financial disaster for Vince Sr., who promoted it in New York with a closed-circuit broadcast in Shea Stadium. Problem was nobody in America knew who Inoki was so tickets weren't selling like he thought. Everyone went to see the André the Giant match that he put on as the semi-main.

What saved it was Bruno agreeing to wrestle Hansen while recovering from a broken neck.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 19, 2016

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

root posted:

Bradshaw once got knocked the gently caress out by Steve Blackman who was not going to put up with his poo poo. This knowledge makes me happy :allears:

Wasn't it with a spin kick too? Because Steve Blackman is legit a guy who will kick you in the face.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Chromatic posted:

Okay but you can still punch from your back in mma. A couple of decent shots would probably completely disrupt any wrestling/grappling he was trying to do. It's not like he could block them very well.

Edit: Oh, that's where I recognized Kyle from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b97oP708_pI&t=78s

Doug Stanhope rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

MassRafTer posted:

Puder wanted that fight. He tanked the challenges they set up for them earlier as he had an idea what was coming (that WWE wanted to tire them out before they got to Angle.) It doesn't excuse the petty bullshit in the Rumble but he definitely wanted to get in there with Angle.

Puder's situation is interesting to me because it seems like Vince could have gone either way and saw the kid as exactly the kind of ruthless cut-throat who will do anything to be a big star and make money that he seems to want when he whines that the Millennials aren't grabbing the Brass Ring. Instead he just saw a punk going into business for himself who needed to be broken for it.

I mean, the story goes that when he had to fire Daniel Bryan he was impressed because Bryan just said that was great because it would make him a ton of money on the Indy circuit exploiting that he was too hardcore for WWE. It seems at least somewhat similar in terms of mindset.

• Locked thread