Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Power of Pecota posted:

Is there a list of all the unlocks from flawlessing bosses somewhere? There are a few I'm not sure if I have or not (Cannonbalrog, Kill Pillars)

Flawlessing only seems to count for the floor, not the bosses themselves. I know you unlock the Hazmat Suit for flawlessing a boss on the third floor, and the Frost Giant for flawlessing one on the fourth. I don't think there is an unlock for flawlessing the Dragun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

I like that when the Cultist's selection panel comes up, he smacks into the front after it stops spinning. :3:
What's different about the dart gun compared to the other basic pistols?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I'm really enjoying the game. The basic gameplay is great.

Now, if only I could stop sucking at it.

There isn't any boss practice mode, is there? Cause that would be reeeeeally helpful.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I killed the marines past and then died to poison before the victory screen came up so it gave me the unlocks and achievements but also the defeat screen :confuoot:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Zorodius posted:

I'm really enjoying the game. The basic gameplay is great.

Now, if only I could stop sucking at it.

There isn't any boss practice mode, is there? Cause that would be reeeeeally helpful.

As a matter of fact, there is a boss rush mode, but you unlock it late enough that it won't really help.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Broken Cog posted:

Flawlessing only seems to count for the floor, not the bosses themselves. I know you unlock the Hazmat Suit for flawlessing a boss on the third floor, and the Frost Giant for flawlessing one on the fourth. I don't think there is an unlock for flawlessing the Dragun.

That's a relief, because I'm like physically incapable of not loving up at some point on Cannonbalrog.

VV E: Same, but ~850 hours in various forms of Isaac.

Power of Pecota fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Apr 17, 2016

Todo88
Apr 16, 2016

I think I put about 700 hours into Isaac and Rebirth/Afterbirth, and another 2 hours into Nuclear Throne but this game makes me feel like a fool. It's so hard, but so satisfying when things are going well.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
So I've read that the TV is used to unlock a secret character and I found the tv in the elevator shortcut....but where do I put it or what do I do with it?

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Niggurath posted:

So I've read that the TV is used to unlock a secret character and I found the tv in the elevator shortcut....but where do I put it or what do I do with it?

Bring it to the blacksmith on floor 5. Have fun!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The fun part about trying to get the unlock is that you drop the TV every time you dodgeroll. But don't worry, you can "activate" it to throw it manually over pits that you have to roll over.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Pesterchum posted:

Bring it to the blacksmith on floor 5. Have fun!
Hey....I've gotten to the fifth floor twice :(. I'm sure I can totally get there holding a tv that easily breaks and stuff; plus I've also heard that the rat can steal it, so you can't just leave it behind.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Does covering enemies in glitter do anything besides humiliate them?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Has anyone had the thing where they take multiple instances of damage if you accidentally roll into a pit? I think it's caused by trying to move while you're in there but I can't confirm.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Okay so the game is currently handling me only freezing guns in a run and FROZEN ENEMIES DONT DROP CASINGS. My only other gun hexes enemies into chickens all the time which also dont drop money.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Bullet hell :eyepop:

e: it's not much of a spoiler, but sure.

lazorexplosion fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 17, 2016

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
^Might want to spoiler that

Protip: Don't walk into a jammed chicken.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Apr 17, 2016

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Yo, I just had a run where I had four (4) guns, including my starting pistol, and every single one was out of ammo, and I had to fight the Kill Pillars using only the Rogue Special, which was a test of endurance and patience.

I won though so gently caress it

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Two floors in a row I found a spooky looking door in a small room full of candles. Entering it and flipping a switch inside took me to a room with all the unlockable merchants and a branch off it with Winchester.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I was convinced by this thread to purchase this fun & cool game and after several hours now I can consistently get to the third chamber but holy cow it's still a fun challenge.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I just noticed that shooting beam weapons over water and poison puddles electrifies them. I don't know if it hurts you too, but it explains the random sparks I've been seeing on the screen sometimes.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

how do i open this stupid room?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

how do i open this stupid room?

Use a blank?

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Jusupov posted:

Use a blank?

Nope.

I can't find the crack using a non-default gun, either, at least on that left wall.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Nope.

I can't find the crack using a non-default gun, either, at least on that left wall.

It's either up from the chest room, or up and then right from the room to the left, I guess.

Man, I'm getting really peeved. Trying to get enough money and also survive so I can take the Prime Primer to the Blacksmith is really hard. I have been noticing keys dropping a lot more frequently(aka, they actually drop) now.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Jetamo posted:

It's either up from the chest room, or up and then right from the room to the left, I guess.
drat it, I'm dumb. It was in the room to the south of the chest room, I just assumed that the key on the map there meant that I needed a key to get in from the right room since it was right on the wall.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Just bought this. First run went pretty well. Killed the first boss without too much issue then got promptly murdered on the second floor. Second, third and forth runs have all had this nightmare of a room.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I love that room. It's pretty easy to kite guys around and you make so much cash.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Finally managed to clear all four chars and the game now feels... faster than it had been when I first started playing it. As if I'm running circles around stuff that I used to tip-toe around.

And, of course, there is even more gungeons! :unsmigghh:

Nimgimmer
Jun 13, 2003

Oh yes kitties! Please fight!
Fun Shoe

Digirat posted:

Does covering enemies in glitter do anything besides humiliate them?

It doesn't seem like it does anything special other than allow you to get the achievement for killing a boss after glitterbombing them.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Boy is this game kinda bad in co-op. In normal rooms it's mostly manageable but the camera is garbage during boss fights.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

Boy is this game kinda bad in co-op. In normal rooms it's mostly manageable but the camera is garbage during boss fights.

Sounds like spelunky. Coop is terrible in that game.

I can't actually think of a roguelite I've played so far with good coop.

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009
Time #39 is the charm, apparently.

The RPG + Hip Holster gave me quite an easy Wallmonger beat.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!
re: RNG - done enough runs to have spent hundreds of Hegemony credits and haven't seen a Fightsabre yet

Blattdorf posted:

Finally managed to clear all four chars and the game now feels... faster than it had been when I first started playing it. As if I'm running circles around stuff that I used to tip-toe around.

And, of course, there is even more gungeons! :unsmigghh:
Yeah, for all the complaints about pace of play my experience is similar.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'm old and bad and got to the third floor for the first time today. Got close to acing both bosses too. :unsmith:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
91 deaths and I've only gotten to the 5th floor once, gently caress everyone.

Wallmonger is my run-ender the way that Treadnaught used to be. I have a theory the only reason people aren't screaming for a nerf the same way is that it's much, much harder for the average player to reach the 4th floor boss than the 3rd floor boss. There's nothing I can do, I need to be constantly dodging because I'm on fire 100% of the time and there's a constant stream of bullets coming from one side. The game isn't fun if I know my run is 100% over if I don't get the high priest boss.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

BJPaskoff posted:

91 deaths and I've only gotten to the 5th floor once, gently caress everyone.

Wallmonger is my run-ender the way that Treadnaught used to be. I have a theory the only reason people aren't screaming for a nerf the same way is that it's much, much harder for the average player to reach the 4th floor boss than the 3rd floor boss. There's nothing I can do, I need to be constantly dodging because I'm on fire 100% of the time and there's a constant stream of bullets coming from one side. The game isn't fun if I know my run is 100% over if I don't get the high priest boss.

The tip that completely changed that boss for me is to roll through the 4 lines of shots it puts out on one side when the fire's up. You really can just roll straight through it all, and never have to cross the fire. It's still a pain in the rear end, but it's the difference between losing one heart or four.

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
Finally got to the Blacksmith with the Prime Primer because I'm bad at this game. ...accidentally stepped in fire and learned that hey, fire will still hurt you as you frantically mash buttons to try and get through the dialogue so you can roll and put it out. I did not succeed.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Gotta say, the bonus boss with just the pilot's starting gun and half a disintegrator isn't very easy. Or fast.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Got a weird icon on the minimap on Floor 5 that I couldn't figure out - should have taken a picture. It was in a chest room and looked like a red gun or maybe the robot's other arm - I had already picked up the arm in another room though. Since it was a chest room, there was really nothing else in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Kiranamos posted:

Got a weird icon on the minimap on Floor 5 that I couldn't figure out - should have taken a picture. It was in a chest room and looked like a red gun or maybe the robot's other arm - I had already picked up the arm in another room though. Since it was a chest room, there was really nothing else in there.

It is the icon for the robot arm. I think it bugs out on the fifth floor, because it's supposed to be random, but the first time you find it it's in a specific location. Just ignore it.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Apr 18, 2016