Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Remember to also do a 10km run and your 100 crunches, and also don't turn on your AC during the summer or the heat during winter! You'll be a hero in no time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MajorGravy
Nov 3, 2010
Isn't he someone from Ougamadoki Zoo?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

MajorGravy posted:

Isn't he someone from Ougamadoki Zoo?

I think his design was recycled, yes.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The real best part of this chapter is Bakugou vainly attempting to stifle a smile/looking visibly relieved over his hero rescuing him.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fabricated posted:

The real best part of this every chapter is Bakugou vainly attempting to stifle a smile/looking visibly relieved over his hero rescuing him.

But for real I was glad to see that his focus was getting the gently caress out of there rather than trying to win, and he was very clearly faking confidence before the cavalry arrived.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

:ohdear:

I completely missed this little bit of foreshadowing in the manga. It's there though.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Vengarr posted:

:ohdear:

I completely missed this little bit of foreshadowing in the manga. It's there though.

What is this foreshadowing? Pretty sure that scene takes place after All Might shows Deku his scar and tells him he almost died.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
IMO, it's that Deku is also next in line to get his body wrecked in the name of heroism. You get the power, but there's a price to be paid.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
That's not really a price paid from getting the power. I mean, yeah, since he didn't have any power before it indirectly lead to him getting hosed up in that fight. But it wasn't anything like Deku blowing out his bones, muscles, and tendons just hitting things.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
yeah. you might get injured fighting superpowered badguys isn't really a huge leap.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The risk of injury is something all the heroes have to deal with. Deku's problem is unique to him.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Serious Frolicking posted:

The risk of injury is something all the heroes have to deal with. Deku's problem is unique to him.

not really, many quirks have issues that could probably seriously hurt their owners but they've learn't and grown with them, if Deku didn't have to go 1000% power he wouldn't have hurt himself.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Roland Jones posted:

Minor thing: Endeavor referred to All Might as "that America Man" (which sounds like a slightly off translation but that's tangential), which reminded me of a certain conversation of if All Might's being a blonde guy in a red, white, and blue uniform who yells out the names of U.S. cities and states and is the self-appointed world peacekeeper is or isn't American/meant to represent the US.

I didn't really realize it until I started watching the anime but he definitely comes off as an American hero, especially with all the random English (not just States) he yells.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

me on the left

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Cabbagepots?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ruggington posted:

me on the left

congrats on your fetish?

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Aurora posted:

Cabbagepots?

Glad to see his game is working out

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Ruggington posted:

me on the left

greetings, mount lady's butt.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Thanks for the rear end-istance

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Inflammatory posted:

greetings, mount lady's butt.

i can see why she's called mount lady

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Elfgames posted:

congrats on your fetish?

http://i.imgur.com/zKDCznk.gifv

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So what the hell is going to go horribly, horribly wrong now?

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Elfgames posted:

congrats on your fetish?
Apt, because she's calling him creepy af there.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

So what the hell is going to go horribly, horribly wrong now?

The traitor reveals themselves and through a surprise attack frees the villain squad. They then teleport away but manage to toss out some indiscriminate power usage causing massive destruction on the way out, injuring several heroes and at least on of the incognito students. Deku blames himself and we get a training montage set to My Chemical Romance.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It's never happened to me before and the only difference today was my temporary, lovely gloves and lifting slightly more than usual the evil spirit in the bar that I vanquished by repeatedly smashing it into the ground.

wet skin, not enough grip strength probably?

also chapter was dank as hell, love the orca hero, it's a nice callback to oumagadoki zoo

and yeah, villains gonna need some sort of backup, they got BTFO

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Wild Horses posted:

wet skin, not enough grip strength probably?

also chapter was dank as hell, love the orca hero, it's a nice callback to oumagadoki zoo

and yeah, villains gonna need some sort of backup, they got BTFO

I really wanna see what orca hero's quirk is. Can't be just a straight-up strength quirk, right?

I'm like 99% sure it's my temp gloves, they were pulling and rolling and generally being very dumb but I kept lifting with them because I'm an idiot.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Elfgames posted:

congrats on your fetish?

Thanks

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I really wanna see what orca hero's quirk is. Can't be just a straight-up strength quirk, right?

I'm like 99% sure it's my temp gloves, they were pulling and rolling and generally being very dumb but I kept lifting with them because I'm an idiot.

Orca quirk: does whatever an orca can

which is cunningly brutal violence

also you should lift without gloves

Wild Horses fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Apr 18, 2016

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Gyges posted:

The traitor reveals themselves and through a surprise attack frees the villain squad. They then teleport away but manage to toss out some indiscriminate power usage causing massive destruction on the way out, injuring several heroes and at least on of the incognito students. Deku blames himself and we get a training montage set to My Chemical Romance.
I was imagining All For One revealing that he can actually still fight for a maybe a scant few minutes, showing up with his own teleportation quirk, and then brutally owning the poo poo out of everyone present before peacing out with Shigaraki and company.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fabricated posted:

I was imagining All For One revealing that he can actually still fight for a maybe a scant few minutes, showing up with his own teleportation quirk, and then brutally owning the poo poo out of everyone present before peacing out with Shigaraki and company.

Yeah, something like this has to happen. In order for the villains to remain relevant after this crushing raid, there's needs to be an upheaval or a big shift in the status quo.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It's kinda weird how it's the villains growth that's a slow burner. Usually it's the other way around.
That said, I can see this being the final push Shigaraki needs.

So far this has been just as much about his growth as it has been about Deku.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Reminder that Shigaraki has the touch of death.

The instant he gets free and loses his cool, a whole lotta heroes are gonna die or get severely injured.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, if someone slips up and he gets his grip on a hero (which, given that he's only being restrained by his upper arms for some reason (you can see him waving his hands around even), seems rather possible even before considering some sort of distraction, Black Mist portaling his hands to the back of All Might's head, or any other number of things), that person is maimed or dead. The heroes are in a good situation but one slip-up and there could be a lot of casualties here. And, given how pissed All Might is, a slip-up or two would not surprise me.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 18, 2016

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Captain Invictus posted:

Reminder that Shigaraki has the touch of death.

The instant he gets free and loses his cool, a whole lotta heroes are gonna die or get severely injured.

I'm wondering if his hands are restrained in a way that makes his quirk useless, or if kamui woods is about to bite it.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eleeleth posted:

I'm wondering if his hands are restrained in a way that makes his quirk useless, or if kamui woods is about to bite it.

They aren't; he's even doing the dramatic hand-raising thing that villains do, adjusted for his upper arms being pinned to his sides. If he wanted he could take part of Kamui's arm off now or something, though All Might would probably react to that immediately with his super speed so I doubt that's what he'll do; if the villains want to make it out of this All Might's the one they need to get first probably.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The only way I see the villains getting out of this is some sort of direct or indirect intervention by AfO (for instance sending some other villain(s) to help). It seems pretty clear that the villain alliance folks were surprised by this attack, so if there's a trap it's one that was set at a higher level.

I don't think Shigaraki getting loose is much of a threat. All Might isn't the #1 hero for no reason; it's going to take something exceptional to throw him off his game.

edit: If they do end up killing off All Might soon, I'm not sure how exactly the comic will progress. The students clearly aren't nearly as skilled as higher tier professional heroes, so there isn't really any realistic way they could take on the Big Bad's faction as they are right now.

vvv The public finding out about All Might's condition is basically a death sentence. Sort of like with HxH characters, if you find out his weakness he's very easy to defeat/kill.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 18, 2016

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There wouldn't need to be a catastrophe. All Might just finally no longer being able to keep his transformation up and reverting in full view of the public would be a huge event.

There's no need to drive plot with a sledgehammer.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 18, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Roland Jones posted:

They aren't; he's even doing the dramatic hand-raising thing that villains do, adjusted for his upper arms being pinned to his sides. If he wanted he could take part of Kamui's arm off now or something, though All Might would probably react to that immediately with his super speed so I doubt that's what he'll do; if the villains want to make it out of this All Might's the one they need to get first probably.

Not restraining Shigaraki is a huge oversight. They should be well aware of his capabilities (and the likely requirement for all fingers making contact, like Uraraka) thanks to his encounter with Deku. I mean, this is probably why they've got Kamui restraining him and the rest. In addition to being best suited to quickly capturing a large group of enemies, he can likely regrow lost limbs.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Actually, if All Might dies publicly that could give Deku a power up as well as giving the series a new goal. All Might still has some of the power left in him, so there could be a hand-wave about Deku getting the full One For All fixing him up and giving him a Donner Superman Jor-El inner arc. Meanwhile, society goes off the rails and crime skyrockets, forcing the students to take on field work. As the villains seem to be in ascendance, class 1A and 1B end up pickup up the slack and emerge as a new Symbol of Peace. Changing the pinnacle or heroics from a solitary individual to a Justice League format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Wild Horses posted:

Orca quirk: does whatever an orca can

which is cunningly brutal violence

also you should lift without gloves

I'd watch it.

My normal gloves are super thin baseball gloves that only guard against abrasions, been lifting with them for 1.5 years with no problems (up to 325 lbs deadlift). P. Sure it's the new gloves. Though I'll be lifting without gloves until I find a suitable replacement anyway... as soon as I have skin on my palm again.