Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
are we DDing yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Like, running ads like that in an election is brutal as gently caress. drat. Bill got some cannons.

Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011

bowmore posted:

are we DDing yet?

Well according to these:

https://twitter.com/SabraLane/status/721937703671955456
https://twitter.com/SabraLane/status/721938079922032640

Sometime tonight, or as soon afterwards as Turnbull reaches the GG to DD.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Why does everyone hate Turnbull? I thought he was the cunning, suave bastard who would gently caress everyone over with a smile.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Skellybones posted:

Why does everyone hate Turnbull? I thought he was the cunning, suave bastard who would gently caress everyone over with a smile.

Because he's contractually obliged to be Tony Abbott, and even the Australian public isn't that dumb.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

He had his chance and he hosed it up. He should have told the right wing of the party to piss off and did what he could to contain their attempts to undermine him, at least then he would have had the possibility of success.

[EDIT: I think he'll still win the election anyway, but he could have been a 'great reformer' or whatever]

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Nah he has Julie Bishop and Bananaby by his side, he is Tony

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011
He's also nowhere near as suave and intelligent as his tone of voice would suggest, Turnbull has been stumbling around for months now and can barely get through an interview without throwing out meaningless buzzwords like the Tory he is.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
I have a great deal more respect for Abbott because at least his tiny clown brain believed all the stupid poo poo he was shilling.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Turnball lost the Left when he was just a new face for the same policies. He never had the Right, and he learned that the Right never change no matter how much you pander to them. He lost the Centre when he showed weakness by flip flopping about.
That said, Labor has none of those three either so who knows.

Edit: To clarify. The Right have no one else to vote for, but they still hate him. The Left could have loved him, but now it'll go ALP on first or second preferences. The Centre will be determined by whether the vote counters go with bigger or smaller dicks as the order of preference.

Amoeba102 fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Apr 18, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
The support was for the knifing of Abbott not Turnbull himself.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Amoeba102 posted:

The Centre will be determined by whether the vote counters go with bigger or smaller dicks as the order of preference.

this keeps coming up as a joke but if we could get a coherent system where you could register your vote by drawing dicks on the paper I'm sure we'd see a huge drop off in informal votes and the almost complete obliteration of the youth voter enrollment problem

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Johnny Depp and Amber Heard: Australian biosecurity

Australia has very strict biosecurity laws to protect the health of our people, animals and plants. Everyone entering the country must truthfully declare if they are carrying any items listed on the Incoming Passenger Card.

Ms Amber Heard appeared in the Southport Magistrates Court in Queensland on 18 April 2016 to answer charges alleging the illegal importation of her two dogs into Australia in April 2015.

Ms Heard pleaded guilty to one count of producing a false document (her Incoming Passenger Card).

Ms Heard also offered to publicly state her contrition with the support of her husband – this video is that statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORpBAIB9j64

This is amazing.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Turnbull failed to take the lesson from Labor that when you pander to the right they don't support you, they just go harder right and hate you anyway.

I want to call Barnaby Joyce "Bananababy" but he is nothing like a banana. He is like a baby in his going red faced and temper tantrumming when he doesn't get his way, and also being an illiterate idiot.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Barnabeet

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Johnny Depp posted:

:australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia::australia:

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Bill Shorten is going to get crushed, maybe even worse than Ed Miliband. Get Sir Lynton Crosby to chuck a dead cat on the table, job done

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
I hope Bill wins. Having a Prime Minister I have no real opinion on would be a refreshing change.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
More funny updates on the 60 Minutes international incident

Accused Beirut child abductor Craig Michael just a lazy tattooist, ex-partner says

The former de facto of one of the alleged child recovery operatives detained in the Beirut 60 Minutes case says he had no training in child recovery other than having kidnapped his own daughter.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Lid posted:

More funny updates on the 60 Minutes international incident

Accused Beirut child abductor Craig Michael just a lazy tattooist, ex-partner says

The former de facto of one of the alleged child recovery operatives detained in the Beirut 60 Minutes case says he had no training in child recovery other than having kidnapped his own daughter.

No learning like doing

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
He sounds pretty shonky to me

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Is there a tafe course or something you can do in snatch and grab

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm pretty sure the governor general didn't shake her hand intentionally. The video footage shows him smiling as he was walking away.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Cartoon posted:

How many sex slave rackets will it take? It's clearly more than one.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-27/most-australias-alleged-sex-slavery-victims-left-in-'limbo'/6714974
So give me a number here. Is it ten? One hundred? Because even though we can collect and give all your metadata to the RSPCA, if they ask, nobody seems to be exactly giving poo poo one here.

Yeah. No idea, I suspect a lot depends on if the media decides to run with it or not. I doubt with the election occupying reporters that we'll see anything but we can hope.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

He didn't want girl gems obvs

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Hello Auspol, I've only been vaguely following local politics but I just saw a Labor ad on TV lambasting Malcom Turnbull, does this mean the election is on?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
A lack of girl germs is a known cause of MRA-itis

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Trapezium Dave posted:

Hello Auspol, I've only been vaguely following local politics but I just saw a Labor ad on TV lambasting Malcom Turnbull, does this mean the election is on?

The happening is always on.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

It means labour are worried about bill shorten being about 30 points behind in likeability/preferred pm

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

hooman posted:

A lack of girl germs is a known cause of MRA-itis

:mrapig: flu

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I've got to admit, I've got no clue who is going to win an election held in the next few months. My gut feeling is it's going to come down to whichever side does the least unbelievably political boneheaded moves in the campaign, so it's anyone's game.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
gently caress the coverage on :twentyfour: has been super awkward.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The senate just voted it down. Erection confirmed

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

Watch Malcuck chicken out.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So July 2nd huh. Just 45 days away.

LABOR YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO DROP SHORTEN!!!!!

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler

Anidav posted:

Turnbull has to call it, right? Like there's an outside chance he might say "just kidding" and not pull the DD trigger?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

dr_rat posted:

So July 2nd huh. Just 45 days away.

LABOR YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO DROP SHORTEN!!!!!

Reminds me of the 1983 election.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What happened to the last liberal leader named Malcolm that called a DD?

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Serrath posted:

Turnbull has to call it, right? Like there's an outside chance he might say "just kidding" and not pull the DD trigger?

He's dropped literally every single other idea he's proposed since taking office so..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Bill shorten = Bill Hayden

• Locked thread