Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah seriously Ricky D is one of the only cool and good guys out there. After Roman Big John, President of the United States of America, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Those are my expressions when I see Daniel whatshisface on TV or driving or getting beaten by a retarded russian teen.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I have no strong feelings regarding Ricciard but I sure hope Red Bull finally fucks off.

Lets get Minardi back and maybe Alfa Romeo too.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Mods change my name to @aussieshit (i'll need a ricciardo haircut av)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

El Hefe posted:

Lets get Minardi back and maybe Alfa Romeo too.

Marchionne should worry about having one not poo poo team before introducing a second poo poo one.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Look at this sexy sexy German

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah Vettel is hot as hell

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Apparently, no driver has ever lost the championship after winning the first three races. I will therefore watch with interest to see how Nico manages it

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Shouldn't Vettel have been penalized for passing those two cars while under a safety car? I know Hulkenberg was penalized for slowing down but wasn't that while he was in the pit lane?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
you are allowed to pass in the pit lane before the line under the safety car, crofty red out the rules. I believe the rules were clarified to the Nth degree after that time Kimi backed everyone else up by going 2mph while ferrari double stacked.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NtotheTC posted:

Apparently, no driver has ever lost the championship after winning the first three races.

I usually ignore the stats and history stuff that the commentators use to fill the gaps between talking over each other, but this one is interesting.

It's weird seeing the dislike for Nico bubble up in the thread...like it did for Seb when he was dominating (and then disappeared when he went to Ferrari)...almost as if anyone who does well is disliked until they inevitably (because no one is perfect) slip and falter...? I get that Lewis acts like a twat quite a lot but Seb and Nico are pretty likeable (OK, apart from Seb's initial reaction to Kyvat's first corner driving).

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Seb isn't likeable.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

NtotheTC posted:

Apparently, no driver has ever lost the championship after winning the first three races. I will therefore watch with interest to see how Nico manages it

He's also now the most winning driver without a WDC. So there's a stat that can go the rest of his life!

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Did mercedes comment on the damage to Lewis' car at all? I would think he was running with a serious disadvantage after running over his own front wing what with the floor be so vital to aero.

Great race with some actual strategic excitement and lots of passing, yet some of you still are not happy...

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

darth cookie posted:

Seb isn't likeable.

Ever since he told Martin (in the ITV days) in an interview at the German GP that there are no funny German jokes, I've been a fan. Not his BIGGEST fan, but that interview definitely moved him up a few notches. He's had some moments like at Turkey with Webbah and the freakout when Ricciardo hit the track marker at Abu Dhabi (I think it was him/there?) so I can see how people use that to blow up any dislike they have for him, but as a Dude To Hang Out With, he's probably pretty cool, like Nico.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

thegasman2000 posted:

Did mercedes comment on the damage to Lewis' car at all? I would think he was running with a serious disadvantage after running over his own front wing what with the floor be so vital to aero.

He almost got overtaken at the end by a Toro Rosso so I'm pretty sure the car wasn't right in some way shape or form. I believe Merc said the floor was damaged from the wing at some point.

krushgroove posted:

It's weird seeing the dislike for Nico bubble up in the thread...like it did for Seb when he was dominating (and then disappeared when he went to Ferrari)...almost as if anyone who does well is disliked until they inevitably (because no one is perfect) slip and falter...? I get that Lewis acts like a twat quite a lot but Seb and Nico are pretty likeable (OK, apart from Seb's initial reaction to Kyvat's first corner driving).

in the interests of full disclosure, I don't like Nico. The root of my dislike is basically "I don't think he's that good" (He's obviously still a great driver and better than many on the grid) but because this is a sport, half the fun comes from exaggerating our likes/dislikes to extreme proportions. So it's easy to take that dislike and turn it into STRONG dislike when he wins like he did yesterday, when the only person capable of beating him had to start from the back of the grid.

VVVVV Yeah, that.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Apr 18, 2016

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Britney is a perfect little corporate robot who thinks she is a lot better.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Yeh but at least he's not Lewis.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Apparently FOM is really strict with anything F1 and is scrubbing the internet of GIFs etc. Was trying to find one of Vettle's overtake on the pit lane and it's been removed. From reddit anyway.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

people would think more highly of nico if it seemed like he were straight up beating lewis, rather than lewis just completely falling apart

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I was going to complain about the lack of availability of old races and cool footage but then I remembered that the FIA yearly review videos are reasonably priced, have a good narrator/commentator who remains neutral, are over 4 hours long with another hour of extras. One of the better features about them is that they don't designate a time slot per race. For example on the 2015 DVD the Spanish GP is only 7 mins long but the US GP is 15 mins long, and from 2008 onwards the entertainment value started to rise as the FIA decided to stop censoring all of the paddock drama and go warts and all. No it's not the same as watching the full race but if you just want to watch the cool poo poo without British commentators banging on about British drivers and filling time talking bollocks then they are well worth it.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I haven't bought a DVD in years. Isn't it like, 480p? This is the pinnacle of racing technology give us modern options to watch it.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
You can get season reviews in Blu-Ray, I have one.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I'm really after the option to watch it on the net, I simply don't buy any physical media any more. I'd be happy to pay a reasonable subscription fee.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

They are practically killing their own sport from within.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't have a problem with Nico or even Lewis really but it is human nature to want to see the drivers who have an built-in advantage gently caress it all up.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The reviews are FIA and not FOM though, you can tell this because they are not £80. It's part of the rights deal, FIA got the exclusive to physical releases. It's why you don't get best of Scudaria Ferrari DVDs and the like.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
I see formula E put up highlights of the last race on YouTube with that 360 degree camera. F1 will follow in 3 decades.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If the FOM did that they would be hit with lawsuits from all those broadcast companies who have paid through the nose to be allowed to show highlights. 2020 is when all the contracts get torn up and the teams finally get to tell Bernie and the FOM to go gently caress themselves over broadcast stuff and payments.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
I know I know.

You know what really grits my poo poo? The fact that if you turn on 20 mins into the race you can't watch from the start. And the fact sky don't out highlights up till days later. Actually the answer to the original question is sky. Twats.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol Kvyat driver of the day.

also

"Pirelli says it will have to quit F1 if test plan not agreed on Monday"

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Diet Crack posted:

They are practically killing their own sport from within.

F1 is dead.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

NtotheTC posted:

Has someone posted this one yet?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Has someone posted this one yet?

Confirmed Nico is the biggest fraud.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The life and career of Rubens "The anti-Senna" Barichello

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Reminder that Webber had the exact same car as Vettel. Not sure if this makes him more or less of a fraud than a man who spent a great deal of his career in a car that was cobbled together from the bits Schumacher didn't want.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Senna destroyed Brazil. They had a bunch of historic great F1 dudes before him and none after. Way to go Ayrton.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Nico Rosberg is the 2016 WDC

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

El Hefe posted:

Nico Rosberg is the 2016 WDC

I like you today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Just finished watching. Really enjoyable race even if a massive fraud is going to be WDC this year.

gently caress I want Dan on another team. I hate cheering for a loving redbull.

Refreshing to see three diffrent teams on the podium.

I'm loving Lewis's continued downward spiral.

• Locked thread