Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I would put that as a lead with a int turles friend for fun. Add 4 competent str/int units and there's a good chance of starting with 6 ki.

Then again most SSRs are looking good to me now.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. Supreme Kai/Int Cell/Turles/Broly/Launch/SSJ3 Goku maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Cozz posted:

I'm having an interesting error though. Originally I was having the same people show up in my friends list, and now I actually have no friends in my list come up when I select a stage. Which is no big deal since I'm just running easy stages right now, but that might be an issue if it doesn't fix itself when I have some harder stages to do. I

That's just running out of friends. You can only use them once every 24 hours.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I feel like double Broly might be overkill for Enter the Savior on Normal. It is expedient, though. 3 more Gero medals and I'm done with 13. Well, that and like 7 million Zeni, apparently?

Edit: I was thinking a but more about INT Cell. I think his links are a big saving grace. He's a great cross link between the better INT cards. Kamehameha pulls in the INT SSJ Gohans, Revival links in with Mecha and Golden Frieza. Even has the much improved Big Bad Bosses with Turles and Messenger from the Future for INT SSJ Trunks. I mean, he's not TEQ Cell, but he's a great addition to an INT team.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 16, 2016

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Finally got PHY Broly to max SA level, guess it's time to try and make a Broly team for medals. You have to use the links to break him right?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Finally got PHY Broly to max SA level, guess it's time to try and make a Broly team for medals. You have to use the links to break him right?
Depending on your box, you're better off using the links to tank damage and just blast him to death with friend SSG AGL Goku or Kaioken AGL Goku. If you have the banner characters from that event, it's different though because they have the passive necessary to directly damage Broly.

Gained over a 125 levels but still fell short of rank 200. I hope I can get there before the next WT.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 16, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think the recommendation for Broly is a good AGL striker or two and the rest being Burning Battle cards. That doesn't really change if you have the event SSJs.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 16, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Plus a ki booster for the AGL striker. Pikkon is usually the recommended one (set as leader and pair up with the striker).

The event characters just give you more units that can both take and deal out damage. The freely available ones won't do much damage.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
HP is also worth considering, I ran the event Goku as lead during the initial event and it worked well.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

I think the recommendation for Broly is a good AGL striker or two and the rest being Burning Battle cards. That doesn't really change if you have the event SSJs.

Best that I can come up with:

I don't have Kaioken or SSG cards outside of the freebie you get. That's pretty much all the blazing battle cards that I have that are at the very least TANGENTIALLY worthwhile, and my best AGI striker, the UR Goku. I also have UR Agi Roshi, but I doubt he'll hit harder. I take it I should take Agi orb changers and such.

Also hope that I can get a Agi SSGSS Goku friend or Kaioken?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Best that I can come up with:

I don't have Kaioken or SSG cards outside of the freebie you get. That's pretty much all the blazing battle cards that I have that are at the very least TANGENTIALLY worthwhile, and my best AGI striker, the UR Goku. I also have UR Agi Roshi, but I doubt he'll hit harder. I take it I should take Agi orb changers and such.

Also hope that I can get a Agi SSGSS Goku friend or Kaioken?

Yeah, you're gonna need a friend SSG Goku or Kaioken Goku. SSGSS is gonna have a harder time.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Do you have R AGL Trunks? Your Blazing Battle cards are there to soak damage so I'd actually replace SSJ2 Goku with AGL R Trunks if you have him.

Shuffle your friends (play a 4 STA stage) until you find a Kaioken or SSG Goku. Check the SA level for the highest one but don't sweat it if only a SA1 is available since that's enough for your striker

Make sure your striker is always paired with Pikkon using the first 2-3 turns where Broly doesn't attack. You want to put Pikkon and Goku is together in the turn Broly doesn't attack since he only attacks every other turn.

Sensu, Dende, Ghost, Ox King (or Fruit). Maximize your items so close and reload on a hair trigger. Use Ghost to slide Broly one turn back if you need to (e.g., to ensure your striker+Pikkon pair is on the non-attacking turn).

In the turn Broly attacks, soak the damage with your Blazing Battle characters. For the attack-all, the character Broly is on top of take the most damage so if possible, put R AGL Trunks as the soaker. On this turn, you shouldn't worry about the attack damage at all. The purpose of gather orbs is to arrange them so that enough is available for your striker on the next turn to super.

With this strategy, I was able to beat Broly around 80% of the time without using a stone. It's reliable enough that I'd rather waste the 40 STA than use a stone.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 17, 2016

kag3man3
Jan 25, 2004

If I have AGL golden Freiza. Should I have him as lead or Pikkon for Broly? I also have kaioken goku and gt ss Goku.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Pikkon, definitely. You need a second Frieza and a much bigger hitter than GT Goku to reliably break Broly with a nuke. However, Golden Frieza is an amazing defensive card for Broly.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, you're gonna need a friend SSG Goku or Kaioken Goku. SSGSS is gonna have a harder time.

Well, I made a run of it, and blazing battle doesn't really tank his damage huh? I was getting wrecked every time he attacked! The other thing I realized, I don't have a Agi Kaioken Goku friend, or at least they aren't running him :(

I thought there was only Kaioken Goku, turns out there is a PHY one as well that was useless to me :(

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Well, I made a run of it, and blazing battle doesn't really tank his damage huh? I was getting wrecked every time he attacked! The other thing I realized, I don't have a Agi Kaioken Goku friend, or at least they aren't running him :(

I thought there was only Kaioken Goku, turns out there is a PHY one as well that was useless to me :(

Oh, it does. You'd be dying in one hit without it.

Here, check this strategy out, it's basically what you're running. ChronoReverse makes a good point as well.

Maybe PHY Kaioken could do the job? He's going to take like four times as long as AGL Kaioken, though.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 17, 2016

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

Oh, it does. You'd be dying in one hit without it.

Here, check this strategy out, it's basically what you're running. ChronoReverse makes a good point as well.

Maybe PHY Kaioken could do the job? He's going to take like four times as long as AGL Kaioken, though.

He eventually hit me so god drat hard I died out right, it won't work. I'll check that post though.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Drowning Rabbit posted:

He eventually hit me so god drat hard I died out right, it won't work. I'll check that post though.

I think we're friends? So I put up AGL SSJ Gohan, who is pro as heck for Broly.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://imgur.com/a/rmCZy

I just hit Level 100 (Did some grinding of Mecha Frieza today and got to 102, but it's not a huge difference.) I'm pretty happy with my progress in the game so far. I'm sitting on, I think, 18 cards that are UR or can be UR with a bit more grinding and Dokkan Awakening.

Solus fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 17, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Well damage soak just means you don't die in one hit. Use the Ox King to absorb supers and that will help a lot.

One more thing, SSJ2 AGL Goku is the weakpoint in your team. I cannot over-emphasize how important an AGL Blazing Battle character is, even R AGL Trunks.

When I said I had 80% success, that's with R AGL Trunks (my team is identical to yours except I don't have SSJ2 AGL Goku, I put in Angel Goku before I got R AGL Trunks). Before I got R AGL Trunks, I needed a dragon stone every time. You simply take too much damage even with Blazing Battle.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

ChronoReverse posted:

That's just running out of friends. You can only use them once every 24 hours.

Oh, so that's why it happened? I guess I was probably around 70 runs with the stamina with the rank up and dragon stone use.

So I assume the time you're supposed to try and raise a SSR Goku's Super Attack by using TEQ Goku is before the SSR is awakened? Because trying to raise an UR"s percentage is only 5% with the Teq Goku awakened.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

I think we're friends? So I put up AGL SSJ Gohan, who is pro as heck for Broly.

Didn't get to try again till this afternoon, and I didn't get a all SSj Gohan after resetting twice, went with Agi ssg Goku, got to the last bar before I died, but I spent my 5 stones on a pull. Got my third Teq kid trunks :( at least it's SR.

I'll keep doing pulls trying to get R Trunks though, wish I didn't burn him. :(

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cozz posted:

Oh, so that's why it happened? I guess I was probably around 70 runs with the stamina with the rank up and dragon stone use.

So I assume the time you're supposed to try and raise a SSR Goku's Super Attack by using TEQ Goku is before the SSR is awakened? Because trying to raise an UR"s percentage is only 5% with the Teq Goku awakened.

The percentage is based on the base rarity of the card you're training and the current rarity of the card you're using as training fodder.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 18, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Two multis on the new set and the only new thing I have to show for it is Supreme Kai. Remind me why I bother..

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Used my 5 free stones on the new gacha, got up to SSJ2 goku, figured it would just be another crappy sr... Turned out to be the new PHY SSJ2 Goku, nice surprise (even if I probably would have preferred any of the other new saiyans).

Is there any rhyme or reason behind the ssj/2/3 animations now?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I got dupe AGL SSJ Goku from my pulls, no other SSRs. Did get a Bojack and a Cooler, though. Need a fee more of each and an event repeat to finish those off.

I can't figure out a pattern to the pull animations anymore, no.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

I got dupe AGL SSJ Goku from my pulls, no other SSRs. Did get a Bojack and a Cooler, though. Need a fee more of each and an event repeat to finish those off.

I can't figure out a pattern to the pull animations anymore, no.

Confirmation bias, but 3+ Saiyan pods usually gives me SSj hair and a SR at least.

Would have loved to get that AGL SSJ Goku instead of my teq Kid Trunks though >_> I did a YOLO pull instead of a multi though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I did get the SR STR SSJ Kid Trunks, which is cool. Goes well with my various SSJ Gotens.

I really want that new Bardock..

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Losing Ox King is not worth 5 DS imo. Tragic that we no longer have the ultimate support item.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

ChronoReverse posted:

Losing Ox King is not worth 5 DS imo. Tragic that we no longer have the ultimate support item.

Even worse, the pull that I took as a consolation gave me Rare Int Tora ( One of Bardocks crew )

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm digging the spirit of this event even if I'm really feeling hobbled by it yet. I'd love more and more restrictions on some things, like no Super Saiyans, or only Z-Fighters, or something like that. My team is still mostly God-tier powerhouses.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

New Leaf posted:

I'm digging the spirit of this event even if I'm really feeling hobbled by it yet. I'd love more and more restrictions on some things, like no Super Saiyans, or only Z-Fighters, or something like that. My team is still mostly God-tier powerhouses.

It quite quickly is illustrating holes I have in my roster, for example my STR cards are REALLY lacking!

A great guide that was put together on Reddit for the event that I've been referencing:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3xtnrq/indepth_guide_to_heroes_extermination_plan/

E: A good amount of DS from this event, trying to stop myself from doing 2x pulls right now, instead wait it out and hopefully get enough for a multi within the month.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 18, 2016

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Is this event supposed to be hard, or just tedious?

I do love this gimmick though.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've heard the last stage is a bit rough, but so far it doesn't seem too bad. Can't really use my Prepared for Battle team, since it leans on Turles, but Shocking Speed/Over in a Flash works just fine with the occasional tweak.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm intentionally using B-listers just to level them up, but even then it's not a struggle so far.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Feels like it's only really difficult for players that weren't lucky enough to draw top tiered cards of every category. For instance, my main has to rely on Great Saiyaman to fill out the AGL position.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I can't remember, what's the verdict on that Goku? Should I be disappointed?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Good support but not overly powerful.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

the_steve posted:

I can't remember, what's the verdict on that Goku? Should I be disappointed?

Not a striker. However of all things, that damned R Agi Trunks I'm jealous of! So frustrated that I tossed all mine.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
The event is rad as Hell and I got the SR Gohan on my first try. Fingers crossed the other two are acquired as easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
You get the drop for free the first time you beat the correct stage. Afterward, it's like a Strike event to get to SA 10.