Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Momotaros posted:

Should I get Harvest Moon GBC 3 on the DS or Friends of Mineral Town on the Wii U? I need something to tie me over while I my copy of either Story of Seasons/Rune Factory 4 ships to me (still on the fence with that decision as well).

Friends of Mineral Town. It's the best HM overall still imo.

EDIT: Get More Friends of Mineral Town if you want to play as a girl.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Momotaros posted:

Should I get Harvest Moon GBC 3 on the DS or Friends of Mineral Town on the Wii U? I need something to tie me over while I my copy of either Story of Seasons/Rune Factory 4 ships to me (still on the fence with that decision as well).

Friends of Mineral Town owns.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Momotaros posted:

Friends of Mineral Town. I still like Harvest Moon more than Stardew tbh.

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
Hm, I just noticed the Digital DL for Story of Seasons is pretty cheap at $29.99, but Friends of Mineral Town is only $6.99, too bad its for the Wii U. I need my farm itch scratched in a mobile fashion. I'll probably end up getting both...

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Seriously though,

less laughter posted:

get Stardew Valley

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I'd probably be more tempted by Friends of Mineral Town personally if I didn't still have a working cart of MFoMT. The bachelors are better than the bachelorettes, imo. It's also the one I'm nostalgic for since it was my first HM game.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
You are a piece of poo poo if you haven't bought Shovel Knight yet. What the gently caress is your problem? It's on sale now, buy it.

(This PSA brought to you by a guy that isn't a piece of poo poo)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i wont buy it because you were so rude

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

History will paint you in the same light as all the doctors who refused to wash their hands before surgery because the only advocate for hygiene was a real creepo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

I'll be very calm and nice and say that Shovel Knight is a good game, and the Plague Knight expansion is a straight up fantastic one.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

In Training posted:

I'll be very calm and nice and say that Shovel Knight is a good game, and the Plague Knight expansion is a straight up fantastic one.

And there are two more expansions in the works! (That will also probably be free? I don't know if they've specified.)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think they're all supposed to be free, yeah.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yup, all the stretch goal stuff from their Kickstarter (all three villain campaigns, gender swap mode, etc) is 100% freeeeee.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Fremry posted:

You are a piece of poo poo if you haven't bought Shovel Knight yet. What the gently caress is your problem? It's on sale now, buy it.

(This PSA brought to you by a guy that isn't a piece of poo poo)

I have it on Steam and PlayStation and also now an actual general-purpose computer tablet that isn't dirt trash garbage, which dramatically reduces my need to buy things that are not 3DS exclusives on 3DS.

But yes anyone who has not paid money for Shovel Knight should pay money for Shovel Knight.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

In Training posted:

In Training posted:

How do you access this part? Do you have to beat the regular Shovel Knight campaign?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

epsilon posted:

How do you access this part? Do you have to beat the regular Shovel Knight campaign?

Unlocking it normally requires beating the game as Shovel Knight, but there's a cheat code that will unlock it early. I think its a different button combo depending on what platform you're on; google should turn up results.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/708863-shovel-knight/cheats

Here's the link for the 3DS cheats on the 3DS.

I know I had to use it because even though I beat the game, it didn't count (I think the unlock is tied to the achievement for beating the game.)

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Anyone playing lost reavers? That game is so scratching my payday 2 itch. Hope latency is less of a problem in the full game though.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

numerrik posted:

Anyone playing lost reavers? That game is so scratching my payday 2 itch. Hope latency is less of a problem in the full game though.

I have, and while I know it's not that great, I'm having some fun with it. Latency tends to be spotty but outside of Mario Kart and Splatoon that's kind of what I expect from Wii U games at this point.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of April 21):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Star Fox Zero - €44.99 / £36.99 if you downloaded Star Fox Guard, standard price €49.99 / £39.99 (April 22)
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Star Fox Guard - €9.99 / £8.99 if you downloaded Star Fox Guard, standard price €14.99 / £12.99 (April 22)
    Queens - €6.99 / £5.49
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mario Party 2 (N64) - €9.99 / £8.99
    Mario Party DS (DS) - €9.99 / £8.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Steamworld Dig (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £4.49 until April 21
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.70 until April 28
    Runbow (Wii U eShop) - €10.49 / £8.24 until April 28
    Shovel Knight (Wii U eShop) - €9.99 / £8.66 until April 28
    Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) (Wii U eShop) - €3.74 / £3.34 until May 5

eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Pocket Card Jockey (demo)
    Langrisser Re:Incarnation ~TENSEI~ - €34.99 / £28.00 (April 19)
    Dan McFox: Head Hunter - €2.49 / £1.99
3DS MENU THEMES (April 22)
    Animal Crossing - Gardening Weather - €1.99 / £1.79
    Hatsune Miku Paper Craft - €1.79 / £1.59
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Steamworld Dig (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £4.49 until April 21
    Aeternoblade (3DS eShop) - €10.99 / £9.99 until April 28
    Shovel Knight (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.66 until April 28
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 from April 21-May 5

Pocket Card Jockey is Game Freak's hybrid solitaire/horse racing game; it's been out in Japan for years and was announced for NA release a couple months back but NOE hadn't mentioned it until now. The full game will be out on May 5.

In Europe, only first-print (steelbook) copies of Star Fox Zero include a physical copy of Guard; regular copies of Zero do not include Guard in physical or digital form, but they do look to be releasing Guard at retail as a code-in-a-box dealio.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Gonna grab that €10 Shovel Knight!

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I wish preloading was a thing here.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol that awful looking Langrisser game is £28

Also, what is Star Fox Guard?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Sakurazuka posted:

lol that awful looking Langrisser game is £28

It's like a Tower Defense game starring Slippy and his Uncle. Or something.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Star Fox Guard is a multi-camera tower defense game with action elements starring Slippy and new best SF character Uncle Grippy:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Yessss Mario Party 2 jumping over from the Wii. Literally the only reason I was considering getting another classic controller

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sudden Javelin posted:

Yessss Mario Party 2 jumping over from the Wii. Literally the only reason I was considering getting another classic controller

Personally I want Mario Party 3 for variety's sake. Can't go wrong with The Best Mario Party though.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Five Nights at Star Fox.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Szmitten posted:

Five Nights at Star Fox.

:eyepop:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
9 1/2 weeks of Star Fox

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Star Fox Zero - €44.99 / £36.99 if you downloaded Star Fox Guard, standard price €49.99 / £39.99 (April 22)
Star Fox Guard - €9.99 / £8.99 if you downloaded Star Fox [Zero], standard price €14.99 / £12.99 (April 22)
Either one of these is a mistake or you're saving an extra £1 if you buy Zero before Guard.
What, it is :v: Just less spooky more shooty.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Szmitten posted:

Five Nights at Star Fox.

I kind of want to see this now, complete with Slippy rushing the doors and screaming in your face

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Slur posted:

I kind of want to see this now, complete with Slippy rushing the doors and screaming in your face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq2CsDMwMqY

stick till the end tho

Szmitten fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 18, 2016

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Slur posted:

uncle grippy is waiting around the corner to run in the room and scare you

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
If your uncle is grippy, please tell someone you trust like your parents or a police officer.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So...is it basically a sure thing that NA's VC game this week will be Star Fox 64?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Patter Song posted:

So...is it basically a sure thing that NA's VC game this week will be Star Fox 64?

No, the game is called Star Fox Zero, but I can see how you'd make that mistake.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Patter Song posted:

I hope it's FFVGBA or Castlevania Bloodlines

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Patter Song posted:

If you really want it and it doesn't come out this week, you can already get it on the Wii U via the Wii VC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

In Training posted:

I hope it's FFVGBA or Castlevania Bloodlines

I too hope they add the first Genesis game to the Wii U VC