Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

axleblaze posted:

Between platting Ratchet and Clank and finally getting to Dark souls III, I decided to boot up Risk of Rain which also got a PS4/Vita release this week and holy poo poo I forgot how much this game rules.

okay so what business does risk of rain have not being on ps3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I think that after a while it wasn't the bad writing of Skyrim that got me sick of it; it was the bad gameplay. I think I've gotten bored of New Vegas (which had really good writing) and I don't think I want to play through Morrowind after playing it for an hour. Which reminds me to get Dark Souls working on my laptop because I loved actually playing that game. I liked exploring in New Vegas and Morrowind a little, but walking around and finding stuff did get a little boring after a while.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

was borderlands the pre sequel enjoyable at all

I feel like I'd enjoy it since I enjoy borderlands and will probably enjoy borderlands 2 and if it's just more mindless shooting with random guns as random wacky characters then I'd probably like it, but I'm not sure how it and its dlc have been received

I thought Pre Sequel was pretty good for what it was. Has more verticality compared to 2 and I really like that the character you play as speaks this time. Gives them more of a role in the world.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Lizard Wizard posted:

okay so what business does risk of rain have not being on ps3

It's a pretty old console that gets minimal support and mostly just stripped down versions of AAA shooter and sports games as releases. Occasional Japanese releases?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Really it's not as simple as just making a PS3 version. Sure it's a simple game but the PS3 is still a butch to program for and while they could get it to work it would also mean extra development time for something very few people care that much about. I mean it's already $10 for two versions of a great game. I don't feel the need to complain all that much.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Skeezy posted:

I thought Pre Sequel was pretty good for what it was. Has more verticality compared to 2 and I really like that the character you play as speaks this time. Gives them more of a role in the world.

I heard the handsome jack doppelganger class doesn't even have anthony burch's voice which is like "what the gently caress"

Total missed opportunity imo

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The only annoying thing in pre-sequel is the breathing mechanic. It's not a big deal really because there's enough time to fight and get to the next breathing spot but I heard some people hate it in a way they hate Dead Rising's time limits - it's something that adds a stress factor that not everybody likes. You can always play as Claptrap who doesn't need oxygen though.

Overall if you liked Borderlands 2 - pre-sequel is just more of it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Getting kind of bored with Dank Nugz 3, I can see why people like the genre but in many ways it feels like DDR except with a sword + monster interface instead of arrow inputs. Maybe I'll start over with a new char, I feel like I missed pretty much every secret area.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Morning games thread.

I saw Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas over the weekend. It was really good.
Played more Dark Souls 3 and killed a tree dude. All other players are stuck in a standing pose sliding about and it's pretty funny.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw3OcsXewxk

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This might be the most graphically impressive title of 2012 so far.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

gently caress Gears of War, where's my Bulletstorm 2?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Palpek posted:

gently caress Gears of War, where's my Bulletstorm 2?
IIRC there's a complete design document somewhere at People Can Fly, but it's apparently not the kind of game a small independent studio can make anymore...

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

This might be the most graphically impressive title of 2012 so far.

There sure are a bunch of boxes of various sizes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skeezy posted:

Also there's a lot more NPC reaction to what character you're playing. There's a DLC for it where you go inside Claptrap and on the whole it's pretty neat, except for the very end where the final boss is just a complete slog of way too much health and too many stages.

As for WWII shooters, part of the problem with them was that nobody was innovating at all. Everybody would just put out the same handful of battles and never actually try anything new gameplay-wise.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's an enormously muscular man in Bravely Second who just got killed by a cat

I don't even know with this game

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Baal posted:

There's an enormously muscular man in Bravely Second who just got killed by a cat

I don't even know with this game

Bravely Second is super silly almost all the time and it's purrfect.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They traded the GREATER GOOD Bad Guy squad from the first game for a Squad of Saturday Morning Cartoon villains and it's the best choice they could've made, holy poo poo.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

You better be filling out and reading bestiary cause it's chock full of good banter between characters.

Also there's tons of food chat and my god I have to keep playing that game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I honestly think they made DS3 a bit too hard, I'm having more trouble with Irithyll than I did with the defiled chalice dungeons in BB.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Sakurazuka posted:

I honestly think they made DS3 a bit too hard
:shittypop:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I honestly think they made DS3 a bit too hard, I'm having more trouble with Irithyll than I did with the defiled chalice dungeons in BB.

Try asking for help in the DS3 thread, i'm sure they'll help out.

Or at least they'll call you a baby and to "git gud".

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Alright, I'll play Bravely Default.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is this the same composer as BD because this soundtrack is still really good, even if the new asterisk theme isn't as good as He of the Name it's still great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InF2pjfvqOk

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Baal posted:

Is this the same composer as BD because this soundtrack is still really good, even if the new asterisk theme isn't as good as He of the Name it's still great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InF2pjfvqOk

I believe it is not REVO this time but instead it is Ryo from Supercell.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nice

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's not the same but it's still pretty loving adequate

I bought Bravely Second on Friday and it has been such a blast. I only have the first two jobs but they're such good takes on old standby jobs

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

BS key note about it's first job:
Spellcraft can apply to any magic! It's ridiculous.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
hey scooter

whats up

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

You can't kill Scooter

Only Telltale can kill him and erase his poo poo from that game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

You can't kill Scooter

Only Telltale can kill him and erase his poo poo from that game.

I look forward to seeing him in borderlands 3

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I really wish Telltale took over the writing for Borderlands.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The Kins posted:

IIRC there's a complete design document somewhere at People Can Fly, but it's apparently not the kind of game a small independent studio can make anymore...
I'm dead. You killed me. I'm preparing my noose now.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm kinda eh on the writing, it's not great but it makes me go "heh" in between bouts of blasting people with my alien shotgun and explosive sniper rifle and double anarchy.

haven't played BL2 but I've heard the writing gets worse because it's mostly just references to internet memes and stuff, and considering how BL1 already had a bunch of stuff like that, I'm not surprised that people don't like BL2 if it really is just a bunch of memes

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I don't think the writing in BL2 is horrendous or anything, I just really liked the writing in Tales from the Borderlands and want more of that in the main game.

BL2 does have some good moments, even with Claptrap.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Bulletstorm's design is the most brilliant loving thing. Slides own, skillshots own, shooting with pals who make funny jokes about being stranded on a resort planet owns.

edit: The fact that Borderlands got two sequels and Bulletstorm got none is a travesty.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm kinda eh on the writing, it's not great but it makes me go "heh" in between bouts of blasting people with my alien shotgun and explosive sniper rifle and double anarchy.

haven't played BL2 but I've heard the writing gets worse because it's mostly just references to internet memes and stuff, and considering how BL1 already had a bunch of stuff like that, I'm not surprised that people don't like BL2 if it really is just a bunch of memes

when I tried Battleborn it felt more or less like "borderlands but as MOBA" which is like a match made in shithell for me because the guns still felt wonky. But the worst was just the godawful "humor" in the first story mission because holy poo poo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What is the max for Estus usage and bonfire level and can you get to it in NG?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

What is the max for Estus usage and bonfire level and can you get to it in NG?

You probably wanted to ask this in the DS3 thread but anyway:
11 shards in game so about 15 charges I think.
10 bone shards so +10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ffffffuck the thread tags look the same on the iOS app. :(

Thanks though.

• Locked thread