Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i would pay money to add a blacklist option for game tags in steam

when i'm looking for something new i get like 2000 loving anime games or games with ~zany retro pixel art~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
VOXELS

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

sorry I only play AAA games so I don't know what you're on about

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Would be nice to be able to ban tags like 'anime'

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Welp I'm loving terrible at Doom. Pretty sweet when you kick a dude's head off, though.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Arrath posted:

Welp I'm loving terrible at Doom. Pretty sweet when you kick a dude's head off, though.

Samesies. My team has yet to win a single game.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ok so I dont care if it has some concessions to modern gameplay, because quite honestly if I wanted to play an old school doom I could play...doom. Does it at least get the atmosphere of Doom down, or is this beta MP only?

durr of course its MP its a beta not a demo

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

ded posted:

Would be nice to be able to ban tags like 'anime'

Add rogue like to that

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

ok so I dont care if it has some concessions to modern gameplay, because quite honestly if I wanted to play an old school doom I could play...doom. Does it at least get the atmosphere of Doom down, or is this beta MP only?

durr of course its MP its a beta not a demo

none of these things are actually betas, theyre glorified stress tests and hype builders

gently caress filtering tags on the steam store, i want tag filters for my loving library

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

none of these things are actually betas, theyre glorified stress tests and hype builders

gently caress filtering tags on the steam store, i want tag filters for my loving library

Yeah the current system for library sorting loving fucks. I had "organized" my games by genre long ago, then quit so everything else was just chilling in the main list. I wanted to play a game I KNEW I had but couldn't find it because it was in some loving genre list that wasn't even the right one (I was real bad at organizing). To remove them from their lists I had to select each one and uncheck all categories. It was super poo poo and I hated it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qcjCnkbROY

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Big band is the only cool thing about skullgirls

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got Farcry 4, which I somehow managed to not play when it came out for whatever reason. It's good.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Vasudus posted:

I got Farcry 4, which I somehow managed to not play when it came out for whatever reason. It's good.

The best ending is the one where you just have dinner with your uncle and go home.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Steezo posted:

The best ending is the one where you just have dinner with your uncle and go home.

Yeah I watched that on Youtube. You can beat the game by just staying in the room you were eating in at the beginning when your uncle says "Stay right here, I'll be back."

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Yeah I watched that on Youtube. You can beat the game by just staying in the room you were eating in at the beginning when your uncle says "Stay right here, I'll be back."

That guy is your uncle!? How did I not catch that?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Fart Sandwiches posted:

That guy is your uncle!? How did I not catch that?

When you sit down at the table he tells you that iirc

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Reverand maynard posted:

When you sit down at the table he tells you that iirc

Neat.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Played doom and while it's not bad it's not really gonna push the fps envelope either. I don't dislike the idea of loadouts but an arena shooter where you're not fighting to dominate weapons spawns seems like it's trying to make it easier to approach while missing the point of an arena shooter in the first place.

I mean it's doom without carmack.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ded posted:

Would be nice to be able to ban 'anime'

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Reverand maynard posted:

Played doom and while it's not bad it's not really gonna push the fps envelope either. I don't dislike the idea of loadouts but an arena shooter where you're not fighting to dominate weapons spawns seems like it's trying to make it easier to approach while missing the point of an arena shooter in the first place.

is it a twitch shooter at least

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Reverand maynard posted:

doom without carmack

blasphemy

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
The guys who made the Borderlands series has a new game coming out in a couple weeks called Battleborn. It is an FPS kind of like Borderlands with some kind of MOBA style versus modes. They had an open beta that just ended today, but I managed to catch the tail end of it and play over the weekend. My impression was that it was really fun, well balanced, and had a good selection of characters with their own unique play styles.

For the beta they had two story missions which were solo or coop Borderlands style missions and two pvp maps.

The PVP maps they had were both 5v5 maps with a 30 minute time limit and each team has waves of minions that spawn like in a MOBA. The first map you are fighting to destroy two large enemy robots (tower equivalent) in a single lane while defending your own robots. The other map you are trying to lead your minions down two lanes to points within enemy territory until you get so many to the point. The battles tended to be fast paced and probably lasted on average 15 minutes.

I was a bit skeptical going in since I'm not a big MOBA fan and a friend of mine had told me that he didn't think the game was fun and that it was really unbalanced. It turned out that he was just really bad at the game.

Overall I enjoyed it and ended up preordering it (GMG has a 25% discount for it and Amazon Prime has a 20% atm) and it releases in about two weeks. If I had known the beta was ending so quickly I would have posted in here sooner, so sorry about the late notice.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah, I tried it with a friend. We both thought it was like TF2 had a baby with Call of Duty and then it got taken away by CPS and it was raised by the Borderlands prequel

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, I tried it with a friend. We both thought it was like TF2 had a baby with Call of Duty and then it got taken away by CPS and it was raised by the Borderlands prequel

I don't know if this is pro or con

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That sounds awful.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

is it a twitch shooter at least

TBH it feels like a really stripped down version of Team Fortress, where you can customize your load out and there's no real movement tricks. The Unreal Tournament alpha is much better imho

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vasudus posted:

I don't know if this is pro or con

Neither, just how it felt.

If anything it's just kinda "there" nothing too special, but not awful

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Bolow posted:

TBH it feels like a really stripped down version of Team Fortress, where you can customize your load out and there's no real movement tricks. The Unreal Tournament alpha is much better imho

There's a new Unreal? :staredog:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Teflon Don posted:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Doom is fun. Not as twitchy as the originals, but that's OK because I can't do that kind of twichy anymore.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

It's not complete trash but it very much feels like The Standard Obligatory Multiplayer Mode that used to be way more of a thing with console-focused FPS games. What worries me is that they're pushing the multiplayer so hard in all the marketing instead of the singleplayer.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I don't really know what a MOBA is outside of their community being atrocious.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 19, 2016

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
E sports are real sports!!! *has diabetes*

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

the best players are scrawny Asian kids tho

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Teflon Don posted:

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7RPJj7djg8

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

imagine a multiplayer rts where you control a single unit and you play on the same map for hundreds of hours

• Locked thread