Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Golem II posted:

Any good videos on how to to use charge characters?

Like, in general? Anything's probably gonna be aimed a specific character. Some people are scared of charge characters but all it really comes down to is "always be holding downback, except when you're not".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

attackmole posted:

Like, in general? Anything's probably gonna be aimed a specific character. Some people are scared of charge characters but all it really comes down to is "always be holding downback, except when you're not".

Also "always be hiding your downback, except when you want your opponent to know you've got it"

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
No need to worry about charging anymore, upcoming Guile's sonic boom is now vskill.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

proof or gtfo

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Well they have to free up qcf for grappling moves.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Hmm, I don't remember this ever being posted here though I'm sure it was. SFV originally having realistic graphics (and better character design from the one image): http://kotaku.com/street-fighter-v-was-going-to-look-realistic-1762111925?utm_source=taboola

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

couldn't mario just fire flower

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Fireflower is only available in V-trigger and mario obviously doesn't have the meter.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

A.o.D. posted:

Also "always be hiding your downback, except when you want your opponent to know you've got it"

I've won my last matches with bison

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/SD_MamaDao/status/721945172326547457

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I think I ran into brian_ in casual yesterday and he owned me w/ Alex. Dunno if that was brian from sa but ggs

My excuse is that I was playing while being yelled at by a woman and hadn't played in a week.

I'm also very bad.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

nah i'd rather be shot in the crotch and covered in hornets than play this game again don't worry ggs

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Last friday at the arcade a couple guys were like "dude you have a good cammy" and I was like "lol what? nope. If you think that, please enter in tournaments so I have a chance of not going 0-2"

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

brian posted:

nah i'd rather be shot in the crotch and covered in hornets than play this game again don't worry ggs

friend of mine was like "combos are much easier than sf4, jump in"

we play a bit, he has absolutely poo poo reflexes and I win most exchanges but whenever he does win them it's the typical "unleash the 12 hit phoenix skull death combo on his face" fighting game bullshit so I keep losing matches. it's like fighting games always need to have the most difficult execution otherwise non-nerds who only like footsies, zoning, mind-games, reaction to mini-animations etc might someday have a chance and boy we can't have that.

the following question is: do I want to be a good nerd and do the 3 frame combos hundreds of times in training, hours a day, like he does?

the answer, surprisingly, is yes! game is amazing, and the disappearance of the "you must be a virgin" 1 frame link stupid retarded bullshit might just have won me over.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Kawabata posted:

we play a bit, he has absolutely poo poo reflexes and I win most exchanges but whenever he does win them it's the typical "unleash the 12 hit phoenix skull death combo on his face" fighting game bullshit so I keep losing matches. it's like fighting games always need to have the most difficult execution otherwise non-nerds who only like footsies, zoning, mind-games, reaction to mini-animations etc might someday have a chance and boy we can't have that.

the following question is: do I want to be a good nerd and do the 3 frame combos hundreds of times in training, hours a day, like he does?

the answer, surprisingly, is yes! game is amazing, and the disappearance of the "you must be a virgin" 1 frame link stupid retarded bullshit might just have won me over.

lmao

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Kawabata posted:

Look at this postttttttttttttt good gravy

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Move over microwalk. Mini-animations

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Kawabata posted:

can you explain the phoenix skull death combo a little more please

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
If this was any other game maybe I'd give you a break but this game really does have 100x easier execution than almost anything else.

Also keep in mind that it's very hard to build easy execution into a game. Smash melee was designed to have no execution barrier but it has mvc2 level execution basically, especially if you play a space animal.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Kawabata posted:

Source your quotes

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Phoenix Skull Death is easy to execute, just do the pretzel motion twice and unhook your controller

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Kawabata posted:

finger puzzzzleesssssssss :argh:

the only way the execution could get any easier in this game is if it were like, a turn based rpg. maybe you should play something like that which requires zero skill or practice instead

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Kawabata posted:

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Kawabata posted:

Same

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Kawabata posted:

replace the op with this

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

It looks like Guile is getting his old stage back, very cool.

Although it looks like he got promoted to a desk job, which seems like a waste to me.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Kawabata posted:

It's gonna be another good day in the ol' Street Fighter V thread.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Man hes the best looking character so far

Also the stage is rad

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Sarchasm posted:

It's gonna be another good day in the ol' Street Fighter V thread.

Shhhh guile can save us

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Gammatron 64 posted:

Although it looks like he got promoted to a desk job, which seems like a waste to me.

Yessss I knew in my heart that stripper Guile was coming.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Gammatron 64 posted:

IT ME

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Guile looks loving awesome.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

this thread has a pretty bad vibe most of the time, but man I am pretty hyped for the gwee-lay

I really hope they do a bitchin' remix of his theme that sounds like it's straight out of Top Gun

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

full set of screenshots

http://gamegeekz.eu/2016/04/18/sfv-guile-screenshots/

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I was playing SF2HD the other day and finally realised why your avatar seemed familiar.

Guile looks great, though I'm struggling to figure out what food he has on his head, and this pretty much confirms the DLC character release order, which means no Juri until July. :(

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 18, 2016

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

guile got a big potato head

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/TheKeits/status/722074537924435968

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

You can be my wingman anytime.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Capcom link with his V-system stuff, whenever capcom-unity unfucks itself: http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2016/04/18/guile-joins-street-fighter-v-and-april-update-news

quote:

He also now has the ability to enter a crouch walk state called Faultless Move which allows him to keep his charge while moving forward, giving him even more options in his kit to keep his opponents in line.

Finally, Third Echelon's advanced waddling technology has trickled down to the US armed forces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Col. William F. Guile has brought joy and happiness to the bleak, icy cold darkness of this thread's heart. Feels good, man.

USA #1

AMERICA FREEDOM AND JUSTICE

SUCK IT TERRISTS