Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Encourage IBurnPinecones as a name heavily, just in time to change our gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

hey FightGoons, it is murder monday so stop powerleveling and get animal or snake hides por favor

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Made this a few weeks back and haven't really posted it because I am still experimenting with some basic DRM idea.

It plays an mp3 when the timer completes.

(APH is actions per hour)

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Chunjee posted:

Made this a few weeks back and haven't really posted it because I am still experimenting with some basic DRM idea.

ohhh nice, and my work VM is windows! woo

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Chunjee posted:

Addition request: group mode. Add a server integration that will store the data, we have the bot check timer, add location and task fields (either drop down or self type). So I could have 62 second, 56minutes left on my bot check and be in DF cutting wood.

Someone could check and go I have WG up, who is active? They check the program and see that I'm cutting wood they ask me if I want some free wild growth or just throw it on me.

I know a lot of people don't respond to "I have mana who wants buff" for a good 5-10 minutes due to the idle nature of the game. This means people are missing out, it also means people are sitting at max mana or start casting random stuff to dump their mana wasting valuable guild XP gains that someone else could be getting us.

in NO WAY should this program interact with the game, it should be a buff request system.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
I will give this a go! Toss an invite to Jaroslav please

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

pixaal posted:

Addition request: group mode. Add a server integration that will store the data, we have the bot check timer, add location and task fields (either drop down or self type). So I could have 62 second, 56minutes left on my bot check and be in DF cutting wood.

Someone could check and go I have WG up, who is active? They check the program and see that I'm cutting wood they ask me if I want some free wild growth or just throw it on me.

I know a lot of people don't respond to "I have mana who wants buff" for a good 5-10 minutes due to the idle nature of the game. This means people are missing out, it also means people are sitting at max mana or start casting random stuff to dump their mana wasting valuable guild XP gains that someone else could be getting us.

in NO WAY should this program interact with the game, it should be a buff request system.

Buff requests would be neat as gently caress. If we're adding a database to track poo poo, add the timer for the person's actions to the database. Clicking their name lets you see their current timer. Then, add a button that you can hit that tells the server "hey, I just buffed this guy X times for Y timer" so that others can who click him can see what his timer is with the buffs and how long he's got left on them.

So we have Joe Goon in DF cutting wood on a 60 second timer. Fullmana123 clicks on DF and sees Joe in the list, and sees he's got a 60 second timer. Fullmana then buffs Joe for -20 timer for 30 minutes in game, types in the buff strength and time in the utility, and clicks the "I buffed Joe Goon" button, which adds that info to the database. Now, Clueless Newbie comes along and has some mana to dump, and notes that Joe Goon has a 40 second timer for the next 30 minutes. Clueless does the same thing as Fullmana and now Joe Goon has 20 timer for the next half hour, without ever needing to do a thing.

EDIT:

Jaroslav posted:

I will give this a go! Toss an invite to Jaroslav please
Gotcha

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Developer me is crying tears of joy at these feature requests.

What are you writing this in Chunjee?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Finally. This took 11 months.

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
Game's good. Toss me an invite, playing as ottumon.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Congrats on your JOAT!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Ottumon posted:

Game's good. Toss me an invite, playing as ottumon.

Invite sent.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

neogeo0823 posted:

:words: about buffing

Until we have that super thing that i won't run at work and thus is useless there to me, can we just make the communication about buffs easier?
For example, if you offer buffs, tell people how many you can give and up to which level (burrowing, swift hammer etc.).
If you need buffs, tell people your timer. This avoids over-buffing and constantly asking the other party about numbers.
And it would be way easier to optimize timers. If i see someone offering 5 buffs, and someone replies with a 36 timer, i can just get in there and maybe do the other 3. I can only do that if i know what's happening.

So, please communicate your offers and needs better, thank you :)

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

:birdtoot:

e: Looks better on black.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I am now level 36 tailor. This means I can now make all the clothing items that our newbies need and dye them blue. We have a slow but steady supply of blue dye incoming now, so I need our gatherers to get me a bunch of flax that I can turn into linen for mittens and skirts and the like. Whatever we're low on. After I replenish our supply of mittens, I'll be making ice skates as well, since those are needed. Hopefully, this will help me get to 38 decently fast, so I can make kites and sails for us as well. For now though, I need flax, flax, and more flax!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The problem with flax is we're stuck waiting for it to grow in the extensions because hiking is a horribly unreliable source.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

It's only 500 wood to build a house for 3 extension slots. We should never have not enough extensions for our gatherers to farm.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

We should make the flax farm at mines or forge because ab is already a clusterfuck. That is if we want to do that.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
So with the new woodcutting update, most of our woodcutters have moved on to oak. Which is great! But we still need a bunch of pine, and pine handles.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

So with the new woodcutting update, most of our woodcutters have moved on to oak. Which is great! But we still need a bunch of pine, and pine handles.

Come on guys, we need to handle this situation :smugdog:

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan
Just got started with this, could I get an invite for Mayfly?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

flavor effigy posted:

Just got started with this, could I get an invite for Mayfly?

Invite sent, check Guild.

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe
Throwing my hat into this ring, In as Behotti

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Behotti posted:

Throwing my hat into this ring, In as Behotti

You're in.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Does anyone have a calculation to figure out about how many actions you can get out of an item before it breaks? I know it won't be 100% accurate but I'd like to use the formula on some armor.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Virigoth posted:

Does anyone have a calculation to figure out about how many actions you can get out of an item before it breaks? I know it won't be 100% accurate but I'd like to use the formula on some armor.

Convert break chance from percent to decimal form first (1% -> .01):

Expected actions per item: 1/(break chance)
If break chance is .1%, this is 1000.

Chance item doesn't break in N tries: (1 - break chance)^N
If break chance is .1% and you use it 1000 times, your chances of still having it at the end are .368, or just under 37%.

The more items in your stack you have, the more strongly the average number of actions per break approaches the expectation.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Horking Delight posted:

Convert break chance from percent to decimal form first (1% -> .01):

Expected actions per item: 1/(break chance)
If break chance is .1%, this is 1000.

Chance item doesn't break in N tries: (1 - break chance)^N
If break chance is .1% and you use it 1000 times, your chances of still having it at the end are .368, or just under 37%.

The more items in your stack you have, the more strongly the average number of actions per break approaches the expectation.

is this the math threa??D?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

the lucifer project with te nuclear space probe sent to bomb saturn into a seond sun

-Webbit, 04/20/2016

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

This is the kind of stuff that gets me killed.

I hope the eventual combat changes make it a little more idle-able.

quote:

The Ghoul dealt 31 damage to you.
The Banshee attempted to hit you but missed.
The Wraith dealt 18 damage to you.
The Banshee dealt 24 damage to you.
You attempted to hit the Banshee but missed.
The Banshee dealt 18 damage to you.
The Wraith dealt 23 damage to you.
The Banshee dealt 26 damage to you.
The Ghoul dealt 36 damage to you.
The Wraith dealt 20 damage to you.
The Banshee dealt 13 damage to you.
The Banshee dealt 24 damage to you.
The Ghoul dealt 25 damage to you.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Chunjee posted:

This is the kind of stuff that gets me killed.

I hope the eventual combat changes make it a little more idle-able.

Put on some of the Elinvar armor I brought over and see if that helps?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

One thing I really like about this is how every item has a link to its page in the manual, listing all its sources and uses.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I also added this to the OP, but here's a map showing how the islands are connected by boat routes:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
In as Asterism.

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008
Oh, gently caress it. In as Piebald Sloth.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Reiterpallasch posted:

In as Asterism.

Piebald Hell posted:

Oh, gently caress it. In as Piebald Sloth.

Invites have been sent!

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Reminder: pubbies are still awful, remember to poke them.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Grumpy just pissed a bunch of old guard off. He revamped cooking entirely.

http://amar.bornofsnails.net/man/skills/cooking#enhancements

All food will now be generic -Timer -Min Timer instead of skill specific in short Cherries and pie crust are critical to -timer food.

All old food can no longer be produced on the 30th. This is going to simplify things, for us as we don't have deep production chains this is a great thing. This makes things easier for us to make and keep in stock.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
It really looks like he just pissed off one particular old guard. Other than that, we're going to need to redo the cooking project stuff and that's about it.

Other big stuff is that Trout and Halfmoon/Sunfish have been switched in fishing.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Coffeehitler posted:

It really looks like he just pissed off one particular old guard. Other than that, we're going to need to redo the cooking project stuff and that's about it.

Other big stuff is that Trout and Halfmoon/Sunfish have been switched in fishing.

Trout 3, Halfmoon, etc 6 and Shellfish 12. Not sure what the higher ones looked like but those are all pretty big changes. Trout Tim just got weirder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Shellfish were a little higher and I don't think anything else has changed in Fishing.