Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

NinjaDebugger posted:

Eh, Black Ranger is static bonuses, too.

Invite sent.

I'll take an invite, my in game name is Mooselander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

MooselanderII posted:

I'll take an invite, my in game name is Mooselander.

Tried to invite you, said you're in a guild already. You have to leave it and wait 24 hours.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

NinjaDebugger posted:

Tried to invite you, said you're in a guild already. You have to leave it and wait 24 hours.

Ugh. That's ridiculous, okay I will do that, if you can save the spot until then.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Finally finished this month's ToD Hard and it is definitely easier than the previous months.

It is also the most rage inducing because all the difficult floors was due to bad rng. Spent 4 hours on the final floor just to get lucky enough where I have enough heroes to build Hellfire.

edit: Entire ToD cleared including all mirror stages. :toot:

Somefool fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 15, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

MooselanderII posted:

Ugh. That's ridiculous, okay I will do that, if you can save the spot until then.

If nothing else there's like four goons right now who are idle for 3+ days, some over a week, I'll boot one of them.

Somefool posted:

Finally finished this month's ToD Hard and it is definitely easier than the previous months.

It is also the most rage inducing because all the difficult floors was due to bad rng. Spent 4 hours on the final floor just to get lucky enough where I have enough heroes to build Hellfire.

edit: Entire ToD cleared including all mirror stages. :toot:

Lucky bastard. I'm still trying to beat 110. Right now using Lena, Elektra, Bearman, Chenny, and Gillan.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 15, 2016

MMania
May 7, 2008

NinjaDebugger posted:

If nothing else there's like four goons right now who are idle for 3+ days, some over a week, I'll boot one of them.

Throw me an invite if you don't run out of active players to throw out, character name is the same as my name here.

edit: yay, guild perks!

MMania fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 15, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

MMania posted:

Throw me an invite if you don't run out of active players to throw out, character name is the same as my name here.

Invite sent.

edit: The best goddamn thing is having a run end turn 1 when bearman counterattacks 4 times on a 13% counter chance, the last one killing a loving ghost, which then kills bearman.

double edit: This is ridiculous. I can't even get this thing below half HP. I may not be able to do it this month, after getting all the way to the end.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 15, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I assume you've already seen this guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9CVW3etwPA

I more or less follow his movement except I did a few modifications since I don't have a strong Rage so I subbed him with Serendi. I honestly prefer Serendi in the long run because you seriously cannot have Bearman die otherwise it gets way too hard managing the dragon's position.

The main difference between what I had to do and the video is that Lena does not get any of the invulnerability pots. Bearman should position himself in a way that he is ready to go for either of the left side pots before the buff ends. This is where Serendi is needed if you don't have stun immunity on Bearman and to remove the DoT debuff.

Lena can still immobilize the dragon but Bearman has to position himself where the dragon can't hit her with any of the wide area attacks although her main focus should be killing the ghost that spawns on the left side to build up lord gauge. Same deal for Chenny. Her purpose is to one shot the ghosts and build gauge.

Both Gillan and Serendi should constantly be spamming their heals to build lord gauge. I don't think it's necessary to use their 3rd skill once the dragon comes. All the ghosts should be running towards Bearman's aggro anyway which can be dealt with by Chenny if they bunch up around him or if Bearman is strong enough, his third skill should clear them out.

Main focus is to make sure at least Bearman and Chenny have access to the pots constantly. Serendi should also have priority over Gillan to help remove debuffs especially stun since that's a huge turn waster. Merc should be saved to tank one of the dragon's aoe skill if you don't have enough movement to reach a pot. Spam heals every chance you get and hope to god either Bearman or Chenny is the last one alive to quickly build Lord Guage. My run ended with Chenny being the last one standing and had to finish the gauge before the dragon could stun/disarm her.

gently caress this floor. :suicide:

edit: Here's how awful my Gillan is:

He wasn't very important besides heal spam.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 15, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

I assume you've already seen this guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9CVW3etwPA

I more or less follow his movement except I did a few modifications since I don't have a strong Rage so I subbed him with Serendi. I honestly prefer Serendi in the long run because you seriously cannot have Bearman die otherwise it gets way too hard managing the dragon's position.

The main difference between what I had to do and the video is that Lena does not get any of the invulnerability pots. Bearman should position himself in a way that he is ready to go for either of the left side pots before the buff ends. This is where Serendi is needed if you don't have stun immunity on Bearman and to remove the DoT debuff.

Lena can still immobilize the dragon but Bearman has to position himself where the dragon can't hit her with any of the wide area attacks although her main focus should be killing the ghost that spawns on the left side to build up lord gauge. Same deal for Chenny. Her purpose is to one shot the ghosts and build gauge.

Both Gillan and Serendi should constantly be spamming their heals to build lord gauge. I don't think it's necessary to use their 3rd skill once the dragon comes. All the ghosts should be running towards Bearman's aggro anyway which can be dealt with by Chenny if they bunch up around him or if Bearman is strong enough, his third skill should clear them out.

Main focus is to make sure at least Bearman and Chenny have access to the pots constantly. Serendi should also have priority over Gillan to help remove debuffs especially stun since that's a huge turn waster. Merc should be saved to tank one of the dragon's aoe skill if you don't have enough movement to reach a pot. Spam heals every chance you get and hope to god either Bearman or Chenny is the last one alive to quickly build Lord Guage. My run ended with Chenny being the last one standing and had to finish the gauge before the dragon could stun/disarm her.

gently caress this floor. :suicide:

edit: Here's how awful my Gillan is:

He wasn't very important besides heal spam.

My gillan is considerably better than that, because I used him in PVP for a long time. My Serendi is pretty bad, though, I don't have any of her skills except her third maxed, even. I wish there was literally any other way to remove debuffs without killing your own dudes or also removing their buffs.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

MooselanderII posted:

Kicked MarcusSA, who's been idle for over a week. Invited you, it sent this time. Also suddenly we have a bunch of goons come back active, there's no more idles to boot, so you're the last slot until someone else gives it up.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

NinjaDebugger posted:

Kicked MarcusSA, who's been idle for over a week. Invited you, it sent this time. Also suddenly we have a bunch of goons come back active, there's no more idles to boot, so you're the last slot until someone else gives it up.

Thanks, I got it but I still need another half hour or so before I can take the invite.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah sorry I should have posted but I got kinda burned out on the game. I like it and all that but it just didn't grab me. I'll check in on it from time to time though.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So I went back and tried to beat 110 again. It is still RNG hell and it still took me several hours to beat it again. Christ...

Anyway I recorded a video of it this time to show how important positioning is. There is one problem with the video: it was recorded at 10 frames per second. I am so loving sorry for this slideshow. This is the last time I use built-in recorders on anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBAxOutM1Ao

My heroes are garbage except for Chenny. Everyone else is living on the edge when poo poo happens.

Merc doesn't matter but you want someone who is somewhat remotely tanky and can deal damage. Merc is really there to tank an entire hit from the dragon.

Anyway, if you follow my positioning, I believe everything should happen the same way as the video.

Turn 1: All the heal spam is to build gauge, so never stop spamming it. Do not do the co-op attack like I did unless your Bearman can't tank all 5 ghosts. If that self-destruct critted my Serendi, it would've been an instant restart on the very first turn.

Turn 3-4: Serendi has to be able to solo the ghost that spawns on the right side in 2 turns. Gillan's buff should be enough to guarantee a crit most of the time. Serendi also need to be strong enough to heal herself back to 80% to trigger her passive. She needs that extra movement.

Turn 7: Lena CANNOT be allowed to one shot the ghost with her 2nd skill. I would've had to use weaker weapons if she did. I also hosed up Gillan's position by putting him 1 space too close to the ghost's explosion. He should've been one more space away from the ghost.

Turn 11: Lena didn't crit the ghost. Don't be like me walking into this with 70% crit on Lena. If the ghost did die there, Serendi would need to heal herself assuming she didn't die from the blast.

Turn 12: Merc used on Bearman because his potion ran out and a ghost was blocking him.

Turn 16: Serendi didn't have to die there but mine have low HP so the crit killed her.

Seriously gently caress this floor. If you have stun immunity on anyone, you could probably beat it easily with 1 hero left. The dragon's breath only stuns if it hits 1 target only, so being stun immune would let you continue doing whatever.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Looks like my Lena and Serendi are weaker than yours (good in Lena's case, she's JUST good enough to oneshot a ghost with her third skill consistently), but everything else is significantly better. I bit the bullet and swapped some pvp gear over to Serendi and now I'm doing significantly better, so I may get lucky today. Did pretty well on this last run, got within 2 hellfires, but missed a couple heals early on. Thanks for the video.

edit: 2 hours and surprisingly little frustration later, the deed is done, and it's all thanks to somefool.

Edit 2: Hahaha, and I pulled the newly buffed (but still not great) unbeatable warlord set. I have way too many sets at 3 stars.

Edit 3: In retrospect, it was quite a bit easier for me than I expected once I gave in and started moving gear. My Serendi with pvp gear was oneshotting that first ghost, which snowballed over time and let me get something like 5 or 6 bars ahead of you by the end.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 16, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Welcome to the Yeka club. :getin:

Once again I will say this month's ToD is by far easier than the previous 2 months I attempted that crap.

You need a strong Jack and Lena maxed 3rd, but that should be a given since %HP damage is needed to make things far far easier.

Serendi, Gillan, Mu, and Raboff are needed for this month since you need a lot of CC for several floors.

Bearman for his aggro to manipulate the ai.

These recent events seriously helped get good gear and heroes needed for this stuff.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I've been having a lot of fun with this game so far. I unlocked the vampire lady in the last event, and she is a real heavy lifter for me. However, I wasn't able to max all her skills and get her set. How difficult are perfect genes to get?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

WAR FOOT posted:

I've been having a lot of fun with this game so far. I unlocked the vampire lady in the last event, and she is a real heavy lifter for me. However, I wasn't able to max all her skills and get her set. How difficult are perfect genes to get?

You get 500 for clearing Tower of Dawn normal and another 500 for clearing hard mode.

ToD normal is pretty easy to clear once you have a full 5* team with decent gear. Problem is that's only 500 pgenes and ToD resets monthly. Rask takes 1800 genes total to max all of her abilities and I would say it's a bit wasteful to spend pgenes on her.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Somefool posted:

You get 500 for clearing Tower of Dawn normal and another 500 for clearing hard mode.

ToD normal is pretty easy to clear once you have a full 5* team with decent gear. Problem is that's only 500 pgenes and ToD resets monthly. Rask takes 1800 genes total to max all of her abilities and I would say it's a bit wasteful to spend pgenes on her.

Why is it a waste to spend them on her? I thought, with her event over, she couldn't get more.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

WAR FOOT posted:

Why is it a waste to spend them on her? I thought, with her event over, she couldn't get more.

That is true that you can no longer get her genes but she doesn't seem to scale that well in my opinion because there are way too many problems with her skill set.

The biggest problem is that while you can spend pgenes on her, you'll run into difficult to unlock heroes that are much better to spend pgenes on. 500 pgenes is not a lot and if you want to get the other 500, you'll need heroes that will also use those pgenes. You won't be able to max most hero's third skill with it.

You should be able to replace Rask as you move further into the story and level previous heroes.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Apr 18, 2016

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

I've been thinking of making a Nox counter build with the new platinum gear but drat is skilling him up an honor point sink...

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I wouldn't bother trying a counter build on Nox unless you have lucked into a full OUTER SPACE! set. He's almost certainly not going to counter enough without it, or do enough damage without the massive +50% from the set.

My Yekaterina is up to 4* now, rocking Ketarh Apprentice 3pc (24 MP, 8 mp regen), Daso Mass Production 3pc (because I didn't have anybody else I wanted it on), Tiger Claw Tribe Guardian 3pc (+1500 defense/dodge while HP is >50%), and 2pc Ketarh Secret (+28 MP). She is going to be a goddamn sleeping, disarming, healing MONSTER once I get some perfect genes and maybe get through TOD Hard again.

Somefool posted:

Welcome to the Yeka club. :getin:

Once again I will say this month's ToD is by far easier than the previous 2 months I attempted that crap.

You need a strong Jack and Lena maxed 3rd, but that should be a given since %HP damage is needed to make things far far easier.

Serendi, Gillan, Mu, and Raboff are needed for this month since you need a lot of CC for several floors.

Bearman for his aggro to manipulate the ai.

These recent events seriously helped get good gear and heroes needed for this stuff.

It definitely was easier this month. My big problem previously was actually that I didn't raise the right heroes, because I didn't like their designs. Now that I've got Bearman, Serendi, and now Raboff post-nerf, and have unlocked Lena and got her 1 and 3 maxed, TOD Hard is a hell of a lot more doable.

As far as TOD Easy goes, you should be able to do it with a high 4* team plus a good merc jack. If you don't have a maxed out merc jack available, say so here and I'll open a friend slot for you, since I keep mine perpetually set to him.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Apr 18, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm slowly making progress on ToD Hard 60, I can clear all the non-boss guys, but the damage limit with the 15 turn time limit (and taking out all the healers and instagib guards is mandatory) is a real nightmare.

I'm pretty limited on heroes with five stars currently: Mas, Jack, Chris, Alfred, and Sonic Boom, which probably doesn't help.

Speaking of Sonic Boom: Is it just me or is there something REALLY strange about his damage? I've beefed up his crit, crit damage, attack, and his skills, but even with a full Globe Trot and third skill crit he still manages to do less damage than Chris. Really bizarre.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

I'm slowly making progress on ToD Hard 60, I can clear all the non-boss guys, but the damage limit with the 15 turn time limit (and taking out all the healers and instagib guards is mandatory) is a real nightmare.

I'm pretty limited on heroes with five stars currently: Mas, Jack, Chris, Alfred, and Sonic Boom, which probably doesn't help.

Speaking of Sonic Boom: Is it just me or is there something REALLY strange about his damage? I've beefed up his crit, crit damage, attack, and his skills, but even with a full Globe Trot and third skill crit he still manages to do less damage than Chris. Really bizarre.

Sonic Boom is kind of garbage, sadly, even post-buff. He's a gigantic glass cannon, at best, and he's kind of iffy on the cannon part.

I'm honestly not sure if you'll be able to reasonably beat TOD 60 with that team. You really need more offense. I'd spend your energy trying to get more characters to 5* (by doing double XP boss levels under the current event)

The easiest way I found to get past that particular stage was to circumvent his damage-per-attack limit through massive doses of DOT and damage auras (Muzaka and Elektra, both of whom also have dots), assuming I'm thinking of the right guy. The Lance-like who pulls people to him and can't take more than ~38k/attack.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 18, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

NinjaDebugger posted:

Sonic Boom is kind of garbage, sadly, even post-buff. He's a gigantic glass cannon, at best, and he's kind of iffy on the cannon part.

Yeah, I figured as much, but I love his gimmick so much (even tried to 10x roll Ghost Step) that I decided to buff him anyways. It just feels like something is really off with his damage, even with the most advantageous possible conditions.

quote:

The easiest way I found to get past that particular stage was to circumvent his damage-per-attack limit through massive doses of DOT and damage auras (Muzaka and Elektra, both of whom also have dots), assuming I'm thinking of the right guy. The Lance-like who pulls people to him and can't take more than ~38k/attack.

Yeah, I'l probably try that before the month is over. I have Jack and Raskreia maxed out so I'l probably try them. Does Mas' hp drain reduce max HP? I figure that could help as well.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

NinjaDebugger posted:

I'm honestly not sure if you'll be able to reasonably beat TOD 60 with that team. You really need more offense. I'd spend your energy trying to get more characters to 5* (by doing double XP boss levels under the current event)

See I thought SonicBoom was one of the damage dealers. I've just unlocked Bearman. What would be damage dealers to focus on? My current 5 stars are Jack, SonicBoom, Raskreia, Muzaka, Serendi, Mu, Chris, Deborah. I mostly cycle through those. I chose Rage for my blue gene bonus, almost got him 5*, but all his skills are lvl 1. I have nothing special for gear.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Yeah, I'l probably try that before the month is over. I have Jack and Raskreia maxed out so I'l probably try them. Does Mas' hp drain reduce max HP? I figure that could help as well.

It does not. It makes people heal off attacking the target. That's what HP Drain means on Tao, too, that she heals off damaging enemies. Why they didn't use that for Jack, Nox, and Unknown, I'll never loving know.

Charles Bukowski posted:

See I thought SonicBoom was one of the damage dealers. I've just unlocked Bearman. What would be damage dealers to focus on? My current 5 stars are Jack, SonicBoom, Raskreia, Muzaka, Serendi, Mu, Chris, Deborah. I mostly cycle through those. I chose Rage for my blue gene bonus, almost got him 5*, but all his skills are lvl 1. I have nothing special for gear.

I like Dominique, Jack, Muzaka, Unknown, Lena, Chenny, and Tao as damage dealers. Rage is also fuckoff fantastic. If you don't care about unlocking stories, blow this month's blue genes on raising his skills, and finish him with perfects if necessary, he is kinda bullshit. I have been concentrating on unlocking all the blue gene heroes first, though, and Tao was my first (when it was random) and ate a bunch of perfect genes, so my Rage is still worthless and 3 stars.

You should probably start raising tanks, though, rather than fishing for damage dealers. Keep raising Rage, grab Chenny and max her out when she comes up again, but concentrate on raising Bearman and Raboff, both of whom are high quality for beating Tower, and even decent A-rank pulls off Tower can be all stars.

Also, be sure you're doing PVP and DB every day. Lena is amazing, Persona is niche but useful, and is a better choice than Nox, and Fruel is a fantastic damage dealer for wrecking papers forever.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Speaking of DB; if you have difficulty clearing every stage, you can cheese it by turning Airplane Mode on your phone (after loading the stage), play it like normal, close the app when it has trouble showing the fight over screen, disable Airplane Mode, and don't choose to continue the unfinished fight. Your heroes will have the same stats as before the fight, but the enemies will still have all the damage.

It's kind of made the 4* Dimension Conqueror set I pulled rather useless (at least until this gets fixed). I wasn't sure who to drop it on anyways; I was considering Alfred, then realized he has a full Ketarh's Secret set from a ToD pull.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Speaking of DB; if you have difficulty clearing every stage, you can cheese it by turning Airplane Mode on your phone (after loading the stage), play it like normal, close the app when it has trouble showing the fight over screen, disable Airplane Mode, and don't choose to continue the unfinished fight. Your heroes will have the same stats as before the fight, but the enemies will still have all the damage.

It's kind of made the 4* Dimension Conqueror set I pulled rather useless (at least until this gets fixed). I wasn't sure who to drop it on anyways; I was considering Alfred, then realized he has a full Ketarh's Secret set from a ToD pull.

And if you don't want to do that, there's the old hellfire trick, which is tedious as gently caress, but gets the job done. Enter with a single dude (one of your lovely ones), pop hellfire, and then die. The damage will stay.

Better, though, is to learn to manipulate the AI, and learn the DB maps. Once you learn how to do that, not only does PVP get easier, but you can manage dimensional battle with nothing but Grace and occasionally skipping out to refill your Grace meter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zgmdaKukj0

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

I notice you have both Muzaka and Rage with all their skills maxed. You should get both of them to 5* first and replace Chris and Sonic with them, that should increase your damage output significantly.

ToD 60 really depends on how many heroes you can keep alive by the time you clear everything besides the boss. Also are you spamming Hellfire every chance you get? I don't know how low you can drop the boss to before time runs out, but try to focus on building the lord gauge while killing everything (directional, coop, heals, advantages).

DonnyTrump
Apr 24, 2010
What is the secret to easy ToD final level? I have a team of all 5*'s, they aren''t anything special but I thought I would at least have a shot at it. I can't get anywhere near the boss without getting obliterated by his attacks.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

DonnyTrump posted:

What is the secret to easy ToD final level? I have a team of all 5*'s, they aren''t anything special but I thought I would at least have a shot at it. I can't get anywhere near the boss without getting obliterated by his attacks.

Get your a tank to 60%+ defense, pop a grace, rush in. Pop a level 70 jack merc, and fire off double jack action for the win while it can't hurt you.
Reddit suggests that you have Jack basically solo the boss while the rest of your team goes left and right to grab defense tiles. Jack will heal himself to full every turn he uses his 3, so as long as he doesn't die, you're good. You can probably do it just by splitting your team to take defense tiles left and right, with Jack running in under grace to get in range, 3, 3, merc 3, merc 3, and by that point you should have won.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The boss also wont attack you while you're on either side of the bottom groups of enemies, and the time limit is lenient enough that you can organize a plan of attack. I teleported in with Chris and Alfred, then had Chris turn into a Jack ally to work on the boss while everyone else picked up the other tiles and got Real Jack to the boss.

There's also no healers, so you can keep chipping him with Hellfire during all of this.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
I'd be down for an invite, in as Lolwhaaat

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

puschel posted:

I'd be down for an invite, in as Lolwhaaat

Expelled t3hRogg (5 days gone), invited you.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

http://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/5363-%5BFourth-Week-of-April,-Black-Coocoo-Capsules-Announcements%5D

Crap, next week's high chance are also looking pretty crappy. 2 of the high chance sets only work in ToD. :suicide:

I don't even know if I should roll this week's or next.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 19, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

http://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/5363-%5BFourth-Week-of-April,-Black-Coocoo-Capsules-Announcements%5D

Crap, next week's high chance are also looking pretty crappy. 2 of the high chance sets only work in ToD. :suicide:

I don't even know if I should roll this week's or next.

On the up side, the 5 star S is actually -really good- for people you only really use in Tower. Even just two pieces is a hell of a boost, and you can stack it.

On the down side, the A ranks are almost universally garbage, EXCEPT that if you do not already have a bunch of parts of White Knight's Oath at 5 stars, it is a loving invaluable sword/armor/ring in two pieces, pick which ones you like. The 31% aggro boost gives aggro to defenders who lack it naturally (everybody but Chris and Bearman), and that aggro does all sorts of wonderful things, especially in PVP, where opponent AI will often ignore excellent shots in favor of pounding on your tank.

If I didn't have enough pieces to outfit 3 tanks already, I'd actually be splurging on five star draws this month, in hopes of lucking into a second Klein piece, and second/third shadow ruler pieces.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
Hi guys, just started playing the game and seems like a lot of fun. Read the guides and progressing as recommended!

I can see the guild is full but I've added everyone in the guild to friends (Feldyn) so if you could accept my request if you have a space that'd be greatly appreciated.

Working on grinding Ancient Coins for Mu as of now and using all red gems to upgrade expeditions.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Foppington posted:

Hi guys, just started playing the game and seems like a lot of fun. Read the guides and progressing as recommended!

I can see the guild is full but I've added everyone in the guild to friends (Feldyn) so if you could accept my request if you have a space that'd be greatly appreciated.

Working on grinding Ancient Coins for Mu as of now and using all red gems to upgrade expeditions.

Accepted. Dershiva's two days inactive at this point, if he hits 4, I'll boot him and shoot you an invite.

Once you've got your expeditions to level 10, start pumping gems into battle mastery, starting with Hellfire and Grace. Once you have those two maxed, you'll have access to the best tier, do Armor, HP, and Attack, in that order, then crit rate on the next tier.

If you buy Coocoo's Gift and do all your dailies, you'll get about 90 crystals per day just from those. Spend it all on expeditions and lord mastery (attack first, then support).

In the current strange potion event, you want to buy all your dailies, especially as a new player, the Coocoos, which will let you rocket your dudes way faster than we could back in the day. Feel free to use the energy potion to help you get more strange potions. If you can get enough potions in the 3 days left, I'd recommend grabbing the Magician Girl Lord costume, because it may not ever be available again. If you can't get that high, and have potions left on the last day, use them to grab the Devil's Soul items, which you normally only get 1 of per month of each type, at best, or to buy perfect genes, which you will never have nearly enough of.

If you decide to skimp on anything in the dailies, make it the golden coocoos (you'll frequently get poo poo you can't use for quite a while), the mana stones, and the gold. You'll get plenty of mana stones and gold for your needs in the early game.

For spending your coocoos, you want to use them to level your core team as high as you can, as fast as you can. You can use that core team to SS the coocoo dungeons in Nepthys, and once you've leveled that up, getting your other heroes up to 3 stars is much easier.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 20, 2016

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
drat.

I took a gamble in hopes of getting my hands on the Space set for Unknown (just 2 pieces).

After 4 10x pulls, I ended up with:

2 Mad Guitarist set weapons
4 Mad Guitarist set armors
1 Space set weapon

So much for that :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyWarTactics/comments/4fmzk0/april_21st_update_patch_note_korean/

So it looks like Kitty is actually worth leveling now. All 3 of her skills help in farming coocoos surprisingly.

• Locked thread