Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Lewis will have one lovely year and then if Mercedes can keep the buxxx flowing in he'll get like 2 more WDCs, don't kid yourself. You'll be seeing so many more snapchats. So many more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Three quality races and lots of drama this year. Can people shut the gently caress up about F1 being dead?

LOL at the Super Seb going off in the drivers room.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
F1 is dead, long live F1.

Also, McLaren are going to develop their car so much Alonso is gonna get tired of winning.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

El Hefe posted:

Also, McLaren are going to develop their car so much Alonso is gonna get tired of winning.

Agreed. 2017 WDC will be Reichsberg versus the Spanish Samurai. I can't wait.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

mclaren will develop their car so much that it'll turn into an airplane and red bull will complain that they're dominating air race

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

be nice wicka posted:

mclaren will develop their car so much that it'll turn into an airplane and red bull will complain that they're dominating air race

Well last year it was pretty good in soap box derby.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
See RedBull does so many great things for the world. They deserve some tax breaks or something.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Their support of music events is unironically cool and good

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

My main issue with Rosberg is the way he cracks under the slightest pressure

The amount of corners he hosed up because lewis was catching him the last couple of seasons was crazy

Once the ham man remembers how to start again we'll be seeing those double front lockups return

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Has someone posted this one yet?

Jesus.

Imagine being on the same list, any list, as Rubens.

Now imagine topping that list.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I hadn't realized this but McLaren's only points from this season are from their backup driver. This also means their backup driver is ahead of drivers like Perez, Alonso, Button, and Gutierrez in the WDC. That being said, Esteban Gutierrez is no longer last in the WDC. Haryanto takes that spot. Daniel Ricciardo is 3rd in the championship, ahead of both Ferraris. Massa is ahead of Bottas in points (6th and 10th respectively).

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Remember when Pastor was relentlessly attacked by Alonso during the 2012 Spanish Grand Prix and he kept it cool and collected and won that spectacular race?

I do

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Formula E proves that their cars are so slow that you can literally step over them at full speed without getting hurt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF9bbY3-lQU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I can't wait for Nico to find another way to fluke into a Monaco win again.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
lol at Lauda wearing that lovely cap everywhere, can't he wear a hat more appropriate to the occasion?

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/722109497246924800

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Niki Lauda sucks

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Goetta posted:

Niki Lauda sucks

MOOOOOOOODDDDDDDSSSSSS

El Hefe posted:

lol at Lauda wearing that lovely cap everywhere, can't he wear a hat more appropriate to the occasion?

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/722109497246924800

He gets paid good money to wear that hat. I'd do the same thing. God bless him.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 18, 2016

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

El Hefe posted:

Remember when Pastor was relentlessly attacked by Alonso during the 2012 Spanish Grand Prix and he kept it cool and collected and won that spectacular race?

I do

People joke about pastor but if he was in the Mercedes instead of Nico i'm pretty sure Pastor wouldlve already won a WDC.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Formula E proves that their cars are so slow that you can literally step over them at full speed without getting hurt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF9bbY3-lQU

Backwards logic here; faster the car goes the less air-time needed to do the stunt.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

El Hefe posted:

Do you want to see what's under the cap? He's doing us a favour.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
naw he takes it off all the time and it's not really bad or anything, fire or no fire he would have gone bald by now and the marks just carry on up from the side of his face a bit. I think he just likes being paid lots of money to wear a hat.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Show some respect for Lauda, he's the greatest pay driver of all time, the original Max Chilton

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lauda is a national treasure of Austria. Him and Gerhard Berger.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

track day bro! posted:

People joke about pastor but if he was in the Mercedes instead of Nico i'm pretty sure Pastor wouldlve already won a WDC.

Pastor proved at Valencia 2012 that he was able to stand up to Lewis's brutish, bullying tactics.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is Pastor taking the year off why isn't he driving GT cars or something

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Who here in this thread can say they mimed a blowjob on live television while being paid €1.2m a year to wear a hat? The man is a treasure.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

learnincurve posted:

Who here in this thread can say they mimed a blowjob on live television while being paid €1.2m a year to wear a hat? The man is a treasure.

What?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

Pastor proved at Valencia 2012 that he was able to stand up to Lewis's brutish, bullying tactics.

Pastor wouldntve just let Lewis push his way past like he did at turn 1 at cota.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Lauda was also singing and waving his arms around joyously when RedBull won a race a year or two ago because he got to hear the Austrian national anthem. Gives no shits for Mercedeses.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

track day bro! posted:

Pastor wouldntve just let Lewis push his way past like he did at turn 1 at cota.

They would have taken each other out, and guess what, the race would have been even more exciting then. Pastor in.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lauda was also singing and waving his arms around joyously when RedBull won a race a year or two ago because he got to hear the Austrian national anthem. Gives no shits for Mercedeses.

The Austrian national anthem is the only upside to Red Bull winning. I can't blame him for that. Also Mercedes are bad and I wouldn't drive their cars.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

FOM were filming people inside the garages during a dull bit last year, (may have been one of the US sessions that got rained off) and presumably thought they had found a nice moment with everyone sitting around being jolly, it took them quite some time to realise what he was doing before cutting away.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

See RedBull does so many great things for the world. They deserve some tax breaks or something.

Their young driver program rapes kids like the Catholic Church too, so they probably qualify as tax exempt.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Goetta posted:

Is Pastor taking the year off why isn't he driving GT cars or something

I don't think he has any money.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Human Grand Prix posted:

I don't think he has any money.

I know he was a pay driver in F1 but I think he is probably good enough to get a non-paid seat somewhere if he really wants one.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

1500quidporsche posted:

The Austrian national anthem is the only upside to Red Bull winning. I can't blame him for that. Also Mercedes are bad and I wouldn't drive their cars.

Every time Mercedes wins they are playing the original Austrian anthem.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

El Hefe posted:

I do

You need to be put out to pastor.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Goetta posted:

I know he was a pay driver in F1 but I think he is probably good enough to get a non-paid seat somewhere if he really wants one.

You need some backing, tbh.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Riso posted:

Every time Mercedes wins they are playing the original Austrian anthem.

Germans are boring, annoying and uninteresting. See: Nico Rosberg.

Edit: it says alot that they needed two Austrians to get the German team winning.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'd assume Pastor is perfectly happy to be keeping his head down and living in relative obscurity in Monaco with his wife and child given the current situation in Venezuela and his political affiliations.

• Locked thread