Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Andrast posted:

You don't have to do it, it's just the fastest way.

I think you might need to win one of the invasions so you get the pale tongue also.

You can find a tongue in undead settlement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

BillmasterCozb posted:

The body that gives you the stretch out gesture..is that Gilligan?

It was, yeah.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Summary of fist weapons,

1. Slow as gently caress
2. No poise damage.
3. No block / parry.
4. Useless in pvp.

RIP fist weapon Shrek.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'll admit I kinda rushed through my NG+ run in order to get the secret ending so I feel like I missed some stuff. Why exactly was Horace hostile in Smouldering Lake? Why did Anri have to be assassinated, is this just a "there can be only one hollow heir" kinda deal? I saw people saying that the sable church worship Kaathe but I didn't see that mentioned, is it just in item descriptions?

I can answer two of these.

1. Horace most likely got separated from Anri and went hollow.

3. Regarding ol' K, you have to kill Yuria for her to mention him. She mentions his name in her death quote.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://www.gamefaqs.com

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

DrGreatJob posted:

So, any idea what the SL for end-game PvP is? And if it should be NG+? I'm around SL 100 hanging out in the end area, trying to decide if I should defeat the boss or keep knocking fools off the cliffs.

There are three metas currently, at SL 80, SL 100, and SL120/125. I imagine that in the end, the SL120 will be the primary one.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

But probably decide which of your damage stats to focus on, STR, DEX, INT or FTH (or some combination therein) and then start dumping points into that stat, and then infuse appropriately.

To further explain a bit for newbies:
Str weapons are usually big as gently caress and do big hits with slow windups
Dex weapons are quick but don't hit as much, letting you chain hits more easily
Int breaks the game because the game assumes you're a knight instead of an rear end in a top hat wizard who can blow stuff up from across the map
Faith is lightning spears for sunbro badassery and buffs and I think in this game there's some damaging faith stuff so it's not purely buffs and heals?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Is it just me or is the summoning range kinda bigger in this one in comparison to 2? I feel like I always find summons even at stupid high levels.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

Int breaks the game because the game assumes you're a knight instead of an rear end in a top hat wizard who can blow stuff up from across the map

Except that sorcery is garbage in this game and playing a wizard is harder than a normal playthrough.

Pyromancy is great though.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Azran posted:

Is it just me or is the summoning range kinda bigger in this one in comparison to 2? I feel like I always find summons even at stupid high levels.

there are literally hundreds of thousands of people on every platform (except bone) playing concurrently

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Microwaves Mom posted:

Summary of fist weapons,

1. Slow as gently caress
2. No poise damage.
3. No block / parry.
4. Useless in pvp.

RIP fist weapon Shrek.

That's a disappointment. Muscle wizard was on my list to try out soon. Even if you dual wield it and spam attacks? That seemed pretty drat fast, although I didn't actually go try it on any enemies when I picked them up, just punched the air a bit.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Microwaves Mom posted:

Summary of fist weapons,

1. Slow as gently caress
2. No poise damage.
3. No block / parry.
4. Useless in pvp.

RIP fist weapon Shrek.

But I just got the stats to equip this and it's supposed to be my sorcery nerf therapy...

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

Speaking of which, other than "every boss and NPC" what are some funny unintended ranged kills y'all have gotten?

I've got a few:
-The worm in the lake, stand up by the bonfire and it does it animation over and over. A few fireballs and it dies.
-The dragon on the wall, same thing
-The two dragons near the end zone before the dragonshield guy, same thing
-The giants in the chapel, they can't reach inside the building, just spam fireballs
-Any enemy you can get above

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

Does the area after the pontiff lead to a dead end other than anri's corpse or have I just not found the right place after killing all the silver knights?

The dead end is much further along. Keep going up.

There's a familiar-looking area where you have to deal with some archers, did you find that?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

BillmasterCozb posted:

Looks like it. :(

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!
I have ridden the Sandworm!

And by ridden I mean "used my sweet new Dragonrider bow to turn it in to a pincushion".

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Why did Anri have to be assassinated, is this just a "there can be only one hollow heir" kinda deal?

Seemingly, the ceremonial "transfer" that occurs requires the source to be dead? :shrug:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think my favorite host kill so far was the elevator at the Stray Demon. Someone tried to run from me in it, I rolled in, and they had no room to estus chug. Surprise!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Could they have possibly been stingier with the twinkling titanite in this one?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

NESguerilla posted:

Considering you can just buy it at the end of the game, yeah, they could have.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

NESguerilla posted:

I had 25 by the end and no weapons to use it on.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

HnK416 posted:

I have ridden the Sandworm!

And by ridden I mean "used my sweet new Dragonrider bow to turn it in to a pincushion".

If you can attack from range you can just hide behind a boulder on one of the slopes going up near it, the one opposite from the bonfire route, and he can't hit you and the bowman can't either. It's pretty easy.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

So did today's patch make great swords great again?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

NESguerilla posted:

Stuff in archdragon peak was dropping plenty of it, as I recall. Probably just clear through there a few times. Especially the fat rock lizard things.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Emalde posted:

Considering you can just buy it at the end of the game, yeah, they could have.

Oh cool the end of the game that's super useful.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

BillmasterCozb posted:

It totally is. It made me sad. I left a message of "If only I had a ladder..." by him. :(

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

TheTrend posted:

So did today's patch make great swords great again?

They seem pretty decent. I've been having a good time with my Astora Greatsword even before the patch though. Unless the patch did stuff for regular greatswords and not ultra greatswords.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

NESguerilla posted:

You can trade something really common to the crows for it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

We should talk about the soundtrack more by the way because it's real good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0LdIZ8TWYo

FIrelink Shrine's track is also great.

e: Where do you get DS3's title armor like in that image for the video and what is it called?

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods

Genocyber posted:

There are three metas currently, at SL 80, SL 100, and SL120/125. I imagine that in the end, the SL120 will be the primary one.

Thanks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Yeah. But that's only for a total of 2 right? It's not a big deal. I just can't believe I'm probably 3/4 of the way through and I'm having trouble getting my sword of choice up to +4.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ Don't you usually not get max upgraded weapons til a good ways into the game? It's just the way it works. Usually I have more than enough twinkling; I maxed out my Grass Crest Shield basically on a whim around the point I finished the Profaned Capital.

RBA Starblade posted:

I stuck the CD in my car and now I have epic gothic music playing as I drive over the mountains. It's rainy and snowy today so the soundtrack works nicely.

It's not quite as good as Bloodborne's soundtrack overall, but few things really can top Ludwig's boss theme, or the boss fight with the (mostly) last boss of that game.

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 18, 2016

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Crow trade is a one-time deal, unless they changed something.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

NESguerilla posted:

It's pretty common, dude. I had ~45 by the end which is enough to get three things to +4. You get enough throughout the game that you can keep at least one at the same level as a main standard weapon.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How is the damage for the Soul Spear and Crystal Soul Spear? I'm getting kind of disenfranchised by magic in this one since the return is really underwhelming. How do miracles compare? I really enjoyed slinging lightning bolts and sunlight bolts at evildoers in the first game.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Am I banned? I see summoning signs but no matter which one I use I immediately get an "unable to summon phantom" error. It started at Dancer and I'm at the King of the Storm.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Asehujiko posted:

Am I banned? I see summoning signs but no matter which one I use I immediately get an "unable to summon phantom" error. It started at Dancer and I'm at the King of the Storm.

Not banned, everybody just gets picked up ASAP. Hope a sign spawns under you, it make take about five minutes to get a clear signal.

For funsies, count how long it takes you to get summoned yourself. If it's longer than a minute, your connection is slow!

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

RBA Starblade posted:

e: Where do you get DS3's title armor like in that image for the video and what is it called?

Endgame Spoiler: it's the Firelink armor and you can buy it from the handmaiden after beating the final boss.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I was worried I had hosed up the Siegward quest line, since I never encountered the P-man, but he turns up in upper firelink shrine anyway after you've killed the Deacons and Abyss Watchers + visited the tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

RBA Starblade posted:

Beat the last boss.
:v: