Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
sometimes, you make a play. sometimes, you spaghetti everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hope they don't change Yorick's ult. It's... good.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
here's my meme:

tfw you flame horizon your mid opponent as mid sion :)

tfw you lose anyway because you are mid sion :(

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
farm advantage is not what you should be looking for as mid sion. once you hit six you should be running bot on cooldown to make life hell for the rest of the enemy team

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Anyone got any Fizz tips?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Arrgytehpirate posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46TFyH0EovQ

I have no real tips

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

DolphinCop posted:

farm advantage is not what you should be looking for as mid sion. once you hit six you should be running bot on cooldown to make life hell for the rest of the enemy team

Actually I think what you should be looking for as mid sion is to not be playing mid sion

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I LOVE YORICK!!

also does anyone feel that Muramana is kinda poo poo

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Sion mid actually seems like it would do okay vs most melee assassins

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Crystal Geometry posted:

Sion mid actually seems like it would do okay vs most melee assassins
Sion mid is very very good at not dying vs basically any mid laner. I will sometimes bust him out vs LeBlanc if I don't feel like dealing with her bullshit.

Tired Moritz posted:

I LOVE YORICK!!

also does anyone feel that Muramana is kinda poo poo

:stare:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Rushing ZZ'rot as Sion mid is a thing and it seems to be pretty okay. You just put a portal right behind your turret as soon as you get it then roam all over the map while your opponents are unable to take down your turret in the early game and because they can't get the portal.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Lc1Z2nZck here you go man

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

Rushing ZZ'rot as Sion mid is a thing and it seems to be pretty okay. You just put a portal right behind your turret as soon as you get it then roam all over the map while your opponents are unable to take down your turret in the early game and because they can't get the portal.

Does sions W passive work with zzrot? As in, do minions killed by the voidlings give him bonus hp?

Seems like a solid work around to the time you'd be spending outside of lane

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

That's a really good question I am curious about now. I am even more curious what the intended relationship is between Sion W and Zz'rot portal kills, because how it actually works might not be the same as how it's supposed to be.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Killed By Death posted:

Sion mid is very very good at not dying vs basically any mid laner. I will sometimes bust him out vs LeBlanc if I don't feel like dealing with her bullshit.

:stare:

This is the best, I gotta make a rune page this complicated now.

I also made a 6.7 Tier List after another long break. I've had a lot of poo poo going on lately and haven't really cranked out an article in awhile:
http://pryorability.blogspot.com/2016/04/league-of-legends-tier-list-patch-67.html

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
riot rune system is hosed. who even uses mana regen runes

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Tired Moritz posted:

This is one thing that I really don't like about this game. From what I can tell there's one optimized set of runes/masteries for each champ which defeats the purpose of it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I usually run 3 flat mp regen runes on caster ADCs. I used to run scaling but went back to flat with the removal of mana potions. You really don't need 9 mr blues and not every adc is worth running attack speed blues on and mana regen is actually pretty good for them

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

I'm bad but after mana potions got axed, I tossed 3 MP5 blues onto a page for the more spammy supports like nami and sona. It's probably not necessary but it feels nice to have a little bit more breathing room RE: mana usage

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think that it's pretty much always okay to only run 6 MR blues in bot lane even on a support, and three mana regen runes seems pretty legit to me. It's what I run on my support page. I can't even think of a third viable blue rune for supports other than MR, MP/5, and AP.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

I think that it's pretty much always okay to only run 6 MR blues in bot lane even on a support, and three mana regen runes seems pretty legit to me. It's what I run on my support page. I can't even think of a third viable blue rune for supports other than MR, MP/5, and AP.

CDR if you don't exactly hit the cap off your item build

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Crystal Geometry posted:

Since they made all the CDR items 10 or 20% now it's basically impossible not to round out evenly at the cap sans runs. I used to run CDR runes on almost every support last season and don't run them on anyone this season. I basically run AP on mage supports and MR on defense/engage/tank supports.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

I run 3 regen blues on most relic shield supports like Ali/Braum

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Crystal Geometry posted:

I believe 3 scaling and 6 flat cdr blues give you 10% cdr at level 18.

I made a page with it for fizz/karthus jungle, but I've actually been running it on the grasp meta off-tank tops lately (fizz, Diana, karma, etc). Since you are getting iceborne and probably a visage for your mr item it guarantees your 40% cdr

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah running 10% is pretty standard, 20% is good on some champs that dont buy another cdr item like kayle/vlad so you can skip getting cdr boots

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Well yeah CDR blues are viable on champs, but we were talking about supports. Unless you're talking about Vlad support, I really hope you aren't.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Libertine posted:

I also made a 6.7 Tier List after another long break. I've had a lot of poo poo going on lately and haven't really cranked out an article in awhile:
http://pryorability.blogspot.com/2016/04/league-of-legends-tier-list-patch-67.html

Very nice, thanks.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
SOON TARIC, SOON.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y91qo99osLI

TheBuckmister
Oct 18, 2008

Libertine posted:

I haven't played in a year and I'm just getting back into it so this is awesome timing. I used to follow your rankings regularly since there's a surprising lack of (good) lol analysis out there.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Some of these Phreak puns ruby me the wrong way.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
3/10

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Libertine posted:

Since they made all the CDR items 10 or 20% now it's basically impossible not to round out evenly at the cap sans runs. I used to run CDR runes on almost every support last season and don't run them on anyone this season. I basically run AP on mage supports and MR on defense/engage/tank supports.

Hence the if statement. There are some edge cases as a support where you don't want to build 40% cdr. You can also think about it in terms of power spikes; runes let you cap cdr faster than just items.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

Some of these Phreak puns ruby me the wrong way.

yeah but there were a few diamonds in the rough

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Crystal Geometry posted:

Hence the if statement. There are some edge cases as a support where you don't want to build 40% cdr. You can also think about it in terms of power spikes; runes let you cap cdr faster than just items.

The only support I don't want to max CDR on every game is Kennen and that's because he's capped by his energy and doesn't really benefit from maxing it out.

Every other support's entire power is tied to the up-time of their abilities. If you aren't making it a goal to max CDR every game with your item builds you are doing something wrong.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Libertine posted:

The only support I don't want to max CDR on every game is Kennen and that's because he's capped by his energy and doesn't really benefit from maxing it out.

Every other support's entire power is tied to the up-time of their abilities. If you aren't making it a goal to max CDR every game with your item builds you are doing something wrong.

I agree but if I'm against an all AD team I'm running CDR runes to max CDR with 2 items and then stacking armor, not running mana regen or whatever. The point is that CDR runes can be really good in a lot of situations, not that CDR is bad on supports lol.

edit: for clarity I meant build as in buy with gold in-game, not just not have CDR with is bad and dumb

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I'd like to take this moment to say that rageblade is stupid and I hope it gets nerfed.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I run 10% so that I can cap out on heavy AP supports, a la Brand/Zyra/Vel'koz, but otherwise it does end up being excessive. On those champs I'd generally rather build more AP than the last 10% of cdr, although even in those edge cases straight AP is definitely reasonable. Sometimes on Morg I'll go CDR runes if I think that I'm going to rush Zhonyas, but if the game goes past the FQC/Locket/Zhonyas core it gets awkward.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

foutre posted:

I run 10% so that I can cap out on heavy AP supports, a la Brand/Zyra/Vel'koz, but otherwise it does end up being excessive. On those champs I'd generally rather build more AP than the last 10% of cdr, although even in those edge cases straight AP is definitely reasonable. Sometimes on Morg I'll go CDR runes if I think that I'm going to rush Zhonyas, but if the game goes past the FQC/Locket/Zhonyas core it gets awkward.

It seems like it would be easy to do the math to try and determine whether or not 10% CDR from runes or AP from runes is more gold efficient.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Different champions scale differently off of different stats though, so even if you were to get more gold-value in AP it could still be better to run CDR runes (if you were playing, say, most of the tank supports).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

rabidsquid posted:

It seems like it would be easy to do the math to try and determine whether or not 10% CDR from runes or AP from runes is more gold efficient.

Flat CDR is slightly more gold efficient than AP, and scaling cdr is definitely more gold efficient than flat AP (at least as of season 5, maybe it's changed since then). As mentioned above, that different champs scale better off different stats (although imo 40% cdr is probably optimal for almost all supports atm) which can make things trickier. Scaling AP blues are actually some of the most gold efficient post 6 in the game, and it looks like some pros are switching to that on AP supports, but I haven't tried it out yet.

The problem is more that a lot of the good defensive itemization for AP supports is tied to items with CDR, so sometimes it makes sense to sacrifice a small amount of gold efficiency in runes in order to allow for those build paths.

• Locked thread