Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Count Uvula posted:

Jesus! Congratulations I guess! Why didn't you stop at 36?

Honestly, for anyone with a bit of currency to burn getting 40/40 was pretty easy this league. Overall the challenges were the easiest they have ever been. I normally only go for whatever the MTX are or just the easy challenges, but this league I finished all 40 without too much extra work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I really wish this game had more graphics settings I could turn down. Hearing my fan kick into overdrive every time a Perandus pack appears onscreen is getting super old.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

resting bort face posted:

I really wish this game had more graphics settings I could turn down. Hearing my fan kick into overdrive every time a Perandus pack appears onscreen is getting super old.

guide/how to: ULTRA LOW settings for weak systems

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/177500

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

It's funny that, now that my Lightning Arrow Ranger can kill stuff faster, my FPS is worse than 20 levels ago when coming across Perandus mobs. Probably because of all the special effects that have to be displayed when the monsters respawn at a quicker rate.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Nezkar posted:

guide/how to: ULTRA LOW settings for weak systems

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/177500

Sick, I'll give this a try. Thanks.

This game is insanely good by the way.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
36/40, im off to some DS3 until next league.

Wish i played standard, all the currency from the last 4 leagues would pile up nicely.
Maybe i try HC next league, lets see.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4f7wl8/the_goddess_unleashed_voice_lines_merciless/d26u8ha

quote:

For a while GGG contracted famed mod maker BrotherLaz to make the uniques no supporter ever would. The boring low level stuff. Some of his designs became legendary but most just fill the ranks. Still, it is essential that the game eventually has as many redbeaks and Karui wards as it does Mjolners and Skyforths.

Plenty of people like to compare TGU with Varunastra. Ignoring the level difference, what separates my work from Varunastra is I'm honest about the design. The reason Varunastra in Hindu mythology could destroy its wielder outright if they were not worthy. Instead of designing this balancing factor in, NickK, the dev behind Varunastra, just put all the power in and none of the cost. Sure, power players love that but it leaves the item bland and unfaithful to its very cool source imo. The real Varunastra, and my sword, embody a common and ancient theme when it comes to divine weaponry: the unworthy will be punished for daring to wield it. NickK's half baked Varunastra panders to a crowd that expects easy, costless power. Idiots like him are a big reason why the players can't appreciate fair and equitable unique design. I'm glad I'm done designing items because frankly that moron has made interesting, balanced design pointless.

DanGGG posted:

Hey, the personal attacks are completely uncalled for.

Charan Jaydeymyyyrrrr at his best

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
"Chris wanted to push TGU as a 'very powerful item' when my gut told me it was never, ever meant to be perceived at that." lol

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Alright guys, I'm approaching enough currency to buy a Skyforth, and would like to use my race reward Whispering Ice. What is the best possible way to make a WI character?

Coming up with my own build based on the more popular WI builds out there, I'm wondering if this could be any good. Notes from this particular tree:

-My WI gems would be Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus + Spell Echo + Life Leech + Cold Penetration + Faster Casting. It relies on Vaal Pact with 4% leech.
-The tree gets just barely over 50% increased aura effectiveness. I would use a 4L of Blood Magic - Purity of _____ - Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark in my something. With 34% reduced mana on the tree and Skyforth, I can then use lvl 20 Clarity, Arctic Armor, 2 other Purities, and Discipline comfortably. This means I should have 3 Endurance charges, 5% phys reduction from my Ascendancy, AA, and a little bit of armor as a way to deal with phys damage. Hopefully with that much and Taste of Hate and maybe a Basalt/Granite of Iron Skin/Rumi's, phys damage should be really easy to mitigate. 81 base all resists with elemental flasks should be enough for Ele damage.
-Lvl 20 Disc gives about 450 ES with the aura effectiveness nodes, Skyforth is like 80, Shav's is around 400, and I would probably be wearing a 350 ES Vertex. With a good ES glove, I believe I can end up at 12k ES, though I'm not entirely sure.

How does this build compare with the typical Scion Berserker + ______ CI Avatar of Fire build? Is my damage just way too low with that build?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Another build to mock.

Ice Trapper/SAB

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...g7uFe968NX79f66

This is what I'm looking to get once I'm 70ish. Any changes recommended? Where to go next? Life, Damage etc.

I'm starting to take a few beatings now but I figured that is mostly due to poo poo gear and not enough life passives yet.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Ultima66 posted:

Alright guys, I'm approaching enough currency to buy a Skyforth, and would like to use my race reward Whispering Ice. What is the best possible way to make a WI character?

Coming up with my own build based on the more popular WI builds out there, I'm wondering if this could be any good. Notes from this particular tree:

-My WI gems would be Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus + Spell Echo + Life Leech + Cold Penetration + Faster Casting. It relies on Vaal Pact with 4% leech.
-The tree gets just barely over 50% increased aura effectiveness. I would use a 4L of Blood Magic - Purity of _____ - Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark in my something. With 34% reduced mana on the tree and Skyforth, I can then use lvl 20 Clarity, Arctic Armor, 2 other Purities, and Discipline comfortably. This means I should have 3 Endurance charges, 5% phys reduction from my Ascendancy, AA, and a little bit of armor as a way to deal with phys damage. Hopefully with that much and Taste of Hate and maybe a Basalt/Granite of Iron Skin/Rumi's, phys damage should be really easy to mitigate. 81 base all resists with elemental flasks should be enough for Ele damage.
-Lvl 20 Disc gives about 450 ES with the aura effectiveness nodes, Skyforth is like 80, Shav's is around 400, and I would probably be wearing a 350 ES Vertex. With a good ES glove, I believe I can end up at 12k ES, though I'm not entirely sure.

How does this build compare with the typical Scion Berserker + ______ CI Avatar of Fire build? Is my damage just way too low with that build?

I'd certainly drop Faster Casting for something like Added Cold or Added Chaos. With spell echo and some duration nodes, I don't think it'll be the speed of casting that limits you.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

megalodong posted:

reddit weapon design bickering

What ever happened to BrotherLaz? Last thing I heard, he was going to work at GGG, but couldn't get a New Zealand visa or something?

Haerc fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 18, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Haerc posted:

What ever happened to BrotherLaz? Last thing I heard, he was going to work at GGG, but couldn't get a New Zealand visa or something?

He went to do skyrim mods or some poo poo. He realized everyone that wants skyrim mods are weird/children making it so all the mods are nude mods or other weird poo poo and then came back to Median.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

So after some help from dudes in the guild (Mez/Funman?PBK) I've spent the past week almost completely re-gearing my Poisonquake juggernaut. A week or two ago I posted a video of me running Atziri. Here is a the new Jeb! killing the Atziri bosses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XobZf0K2VTs

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
GGG caved and made TGU's recipe easier: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/504429/page/1#p4477421

Hilarious that charan thinks farming up 3 tabula rasas before merciless is a sane and reasonable thing to do:

quote:

The rarest ingredient, divine orbs, can be obtained by farming Humility divination cards in any Aqueduct (I found 6 humility cards casually running the area for about half a day). 9 of these cards can be exchanged with Tasuni for a Tabula Rasa, which can then in turn be vended for a Divine Orb. You will need 27 cards total, assuming you don't find a Tabula Rasa along the way.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

lol
"The Gemcutters Prisms required to raise the quality of your three supports can be obtained by farming The Union divination cards in Cruel Fellshrine -- incidentally, this card was created by a fellow guild member of mine to commemorate his marriage, NotACuckroach."

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Budgie posted:

Hilarious that charan thinks farming up 3 tabula rasas before merciless is a sane and reasonable thing to do:

Hasnt he specifically said its supposed to be a twink sword?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I thought it was supposed to be something obtainable when you play, like minimum farming or something.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

TheRat posted:

Hasnt he specifically said its supposed to be a twink sword?

He said multiple times he intends it to be something you can farm up early on to have through Merciless as an "easy" six link. Nevermind you have to farm three Tabulas to do it, and probably selling all that stuff can just straight up buy a decent six link body armor.

fake edit: Yeah, you can just buy a corrupted six link body armor with perfectly good stats for mapping until 10-11ish for around 20-30c. Tabulas sell for about 14c. One or two Tabulas worth of cards and you can easily make enough.

actual edit: Looked up currency rates. This thing literally takes about 4ex to make. Ridiculous.

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 19, 2016

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Vasudus posted:

I thought it was supposed to be something obtainable when you play, like minimum farming or something.

Pretty sure he said it would take a lot of farming.

Honestly, the recipe seems fine now.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
The recipe is far more reasonable now (or as of the patch Wednesday) but it's not like you're going to be able to accidentally pick up the first sword and craft the other 2 as you level, you'd be lucky to craft the second one by the time you hit merc tbh, gcps aren't that common.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Budgie posted:

The recipe is far more reasonable now (or as of the patch Wednesday) but it's not like you're going to be able to accidentally pick up the first sword and craft the other 2 as you level, you'd be lucky to craft the second one by the time you hit merc tbh, gcps aren't that common.

you should be able to find a single gcp by cruel let alone merc.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

If you're that desperate for a gcp, just roll a gemcutters box for some random quality and vendor them. Its not particularly economical but if youre insisting on some sort of selffound setup its not that difficult.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Kild posted:

Yeah, but you need 3x 20% gems to make it in cruel, 13% level 20 gems or something in between later. That's another ex on the price.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Apr 19, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

Yeah, but you need 3x 20% gems to make it in cruel, 13% level 20 gems or something in between later. That's another ex on the price.

I was referring to the second sword which he was also referring to...

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

TheRat posted:

If you're that desperate for a gcp, just roll a gemcutters box for some random quality and vendor them. Its not particularly economical but if youre insisting on some sort of selffound setup its not that difficult.

If you insist on some selffound setup, just use the other melee weapon crafting recipes every 10 levels instead because that works just fine.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Just found a unique map for the Hall of Grandmasters, and it's the dumbest poo poo imaginable.

BannedNewbie
Apr 22, 2003

HOW ARE YOU? -> YOSHI?
FINE, THANK YOU. -> YOSHI.
A while back a donation incentive was to put your character into that map. Hence some of the "Grandmasters" are designed to be obnoxious as possible.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah all of those enemies in that map are characters created by people with I think it was at least $500 to burn on associated supporter pack, and some of them sperged out hard to create some of the most ridiculous characters they could.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Haha well whatever keeps them in business. As long as I never have to play that map again.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Good luck killing the guy who regens 4k ES per second.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Kild posted:

I didn't find a single GCP until maps, this league.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Magus42 posted:

I didn't find a single GCP until maps, this league.

didn't find any quality gems either?

either way very surprising considering there's a perandus box that shits the cards out

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
What kind of stats do you guys think I would need to run Atziri. I'm running a CI Caustic Arrow build and have about 11k ES. I know that's enough for someone that knows what they're doing but I've never run Atziri before and this is on HC so I'm likely to get hit with attacks I have no experience with dodging. Am I still going to get one shot if I eat one of the flameblasts or lightning attacks?

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Xequecal posted:

What kind of stats do you guys think I would need to run Atziri. I'm running a CI Caustic Arrow build and have about 11k ES. I know that's enough for someone that knows what they're doing but I've never run Atziri before and this is on HC so I'm likely to get hit with attacks I have no experience with dodging. Am I still going to get one shot if I eat one of the flameblasts or lightning attacks?

Having run Atziri with an ES firestorm witch, you will probably die unless you have a lot of other mitigation, like purity of fire/lightning+flasks

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Welp.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
That's all you're going to wear until you can equip all those items, right? :v:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Kild posted:

didn't find any quality gems either?

either way very surprising considering there's a perandus box that shits the cards out

I have found quality gems but I don't normally vendor those. I guess I should with skills I'm not looking to use, if they're a low number...

I've never seen a div card perandus either.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Mince Pieface posted:

Having run Atziri with an ES firestorm witch, you will probably die unless you have a lot of other mitigation, like purity of fire/lightning+flasks

Ah, I see. I normally run Grace + Discipline + Blasphemy when mapping, if I swapped those to Purity of Fire + Purity of Lightning + Discipline, would that be enough to survive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Magus42 posted:

I have found quality gems but I don't normally vendor those. I guess I should with skills I'm not looking to use, if they're a low number...

I've never seen a div card perandus either.

There's one called a Perandus Catalogue that dumps a ton of divination cards. It's rare as hell though. I've only seen one so far.

• Locked thread