Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Countblanc posted:

it's basically a 60% chance to OHKO before rocks

I know, but kill them anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.
Battle of the Garys, I feel a little bad about this win: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-360709858

It started with Focus Miss, and then it was all downhill for the guy.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Immer posted:

Battle of the Garys, I feel a little bad about this win: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-360709858

It started with Focus Miss, and then it was all downhill for the guy.
i'm seething that his gyarados didnt dragon dance on the turn crawdaunt would have died from poison

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

Yeah he doesn't gain anything from Earthquake there; not like I'd be switching Crawdaunt out. He was probably tilted from the Serperior misplay vs. Bisharp. The Focus Miss was crucial anyhow since it gave me the second Spore later on.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm confused on why he tried to focus blast a smeargle in the first place tbh

also did you have your reading glasses on and predict zoroark turn 1 or did you forget that serperior is immune to spore

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ruggington posted:

also did you have your reading glasses on and predict zoroark turn 1 or did you forget that serperior is immune to spore

yeah I noticed that too lol, wasn't sure if it was the Big Boy Play or just a serendipitous mistake

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Honestly, I really do feel like having Stealth Rocks benefit from type matchups did a lot of damage to competitive play, and should not have happened. It should have been an entry hazard that could also hit flying types and nothing more. Having a weakness to a single type should not render that many Pokemon at that much of a competitive disadvantage.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Immer posted:

edit: Does anyone have a HA Corphish that they can trade me? Tryna get in on that Crabhammer action
Let me know if you don't get one by this evening. Pretty sure I still have some Adamant 31/31/31/xx/31/31 Adaptability Corphish with Superpower/Dragon Dance/Aqua Jet/Switcheroo (for some reason).

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

^^^ I actually ended up finding one yesterday off the GTS and have my murder crab ready to go. Thanks for offering though :)

Ruggington posted:

I usually assume Zoroark is leading if I see it in team preview. If I was wrong, that was a mistake I was willing to live with haha.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Immer posted:

I usually assume Zoroark is leading if I see it in team preview. If I was wrong, that was a mistake I was willing to live with haha.

Very admirable

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dexie posted:

Stealth Rock is dumb.

The crippling weaknesses of Ice types are also dumb.

Stealth Rock is such utter bullshit

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Stealth Rock should just be current Spikes that can hit flying types, and Spikes should do damage based on weight.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
Make Stealth Rock untyped damaged so no one can resist or get quad hosed by it. I am King game idea man.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Ask Me For Warez posted:

Make Stealth Rock untyped damaged so no one can resist or get quad hosed by it. I am King game idea man.

Anything would be better than the current implementation.

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

Stealth Rock only lasting for one switch in, or maybe lasting for 5 turns would be better I think, while changing it so it's not just a straight better Spikes.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

pokemon yellow

I need a ground type: sandslash, Nidoking or digtrio

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i definitely, definitely want to play in a meta where mega zard and talonflame are a lot stronger

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Countblanc posted:

i definitely, definitely want to play in a meta where mega zard and talonflame are a lot stronger

VGC '14 :v:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Jelly Omelettle posted:

Stealth Rock only lasting for one switch in, or maybe lasting for 5 turns would be better I think, while changing it so it's not just a straight better Spikes.

Make it last for 5 switch ins

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ostentatious posted:

pokemon yellow

I heartily recommend Nidoking, though he can't even get a ground attack until you get the Earthquake TM. If you want a Pokemon that can actually learn a ground attack, Dugtrio.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what TMs should i put on my nidoqueen in pokes yellow

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Ostentatious posted:

pokemon yellow

Nidoqueen.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Super No Vacancy posted:

what TMs should i put on my nidoqueen in pokes yellow

fissure / horn drill / sheer cold / guillotine

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

are those all ohko moves

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oddium posted:

fissure / horn drill / sheer cold / guillotine

sheer cold didn't exist yet you maroon!!!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Super No Vacancy posted:

are those all ohko moves

Yeah but Nidoqueen can learn only two of them, Fissure and Horn Drill.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

are those all ohko moves

You have to ask? :facepalm:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Ruggington posted:

sheer cold didn't exist yet you maroon!!!

sheer cold / sheer cold / sheer cold / sheer cold

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

less laughter posted:

Yeah but Nidoqueen can learn only two of them, Fissure and Horn Drill.

Sweet, unresisted coverage in only two moves

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zoran posted:

Sweet, unresisted coverage in only two moves

Drifblim and Shedinja are immune to both.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

gengar too i think

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Dugtrio. Trivializing like half of the game leaders with a dugtrio never gets old.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

gengar too i think

As well as Rotom.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i raise my fist in Ghost solidarity

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

less laughter posted:

Drifblim and Shedinja are immune to both.

Not in Gen 1!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

less laughter posted:

As well as Rotom.

And Misdreavous.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i think Levitate should be a trait inherent to pokemon what should have it, rather than their ability...

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

oddium posted:

i think Levitate should be a trait inherent to pokemon what should have it, rather than their ability...

http://www.ascii-middle-finger.com/

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

oddium posted:

Hmm, yes a bunch of pokemon should get a free immunity and immunity to spikes with no drawbacks and also get another ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oddium posted:

Make mega manectric float

• Locked thread