Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
so battleborn's single player is just a worse version of borderlands?

thats p lame

gearbox seems kinda lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sega paid gearbox to make an alien game and used all the money to make borderlands 2 instead

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FirstAidKite posted:

gearbox seems kinda lame

They published the new Homeworld game which was good. That's literally the extent of my experience with Gearbox Software, thanks for reading.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

oddium posted:

sega paid gearbox to make an alien game and used all the money to make borderlands 2 instead

How did they not get ruined in court for that anyway?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

I bet it's still pending

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

lmao

is that actually confirmed or just speculation, i believe it either way but still lmao

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sometimes I think I forget how to have fun playing first person shooters but then I play Doom and remember that people who make the shooters forgot.

Black Mirror discussion on the last page, the thing with that show is that everyone seems to have their own favorites and episodes they just can't stand, cause yeah its an anthology series and does a bunch of things. I think everyone should at least watch White Bear though because that episode is just brilliant and harrowing.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

PBS Newshour posted:

Sometimes I think I forget how to have fun playing first person shooters but then I play Doom and remember that people who make the shooters forgot.

Black Mirror discussion on the last page, the thing with that show is that everyone seems to have their own favorites and episodes they just can't stand, cause yeah its an anthology series and does a bunch of things. I think everyone should at least watch White Bear though because that episode is just brilliant and harrowing.

I literally didn't like White Bear at all until the scenes that were peppered into the end credits. Still not sure it made it worth watching.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Lurdiak posted:

they settled out of court

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ly_bCQ2dY

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

Everyone loves Rumiko Takahashi.

If that were the reason, why aren't there some Shampoo avatars in there as well!?!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

axleblaze posted:

If that were the reason, why aren't there some Shampoo avatars in there as well!?!
Because Shampoo ruined Ranma 1/2.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

axleblaze posted:

everyone always forgets maison ikkoku

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
http://www.gamesradar.com/divisions...ign=buffer_grfb

my favorite gamesite decided to decent into the Moral clickbate bullshit.

because shooting violent criminals/psychopaths/ wannabee fascists in time of "everything is hosed" is bad m'kay. they never did nothing wrong. we are the real badguys.

Honestly I think the game is somewhat tonedef. but acting like its magic murder simulator is bullshit.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My only real criticism of the Division is that we couldn't ally with Joe Ferro, a True Patriot and Great American.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I thought the story in the division was that you shoot a bunch of guys

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

oddium posted:

That's what happened to the homestuck game.

edit: Probably.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Dapper_Swindler posted:

http://www.gamesradar.com/divisions...ign=buffer_grfb

my favorite gamesite decided to decent into the Moral clickbate bullshit.

because shooting violent criminals/psychopaths/ wannabee fascists in time of "everything is hosed" is bad m'kay. they never did nothing wrong. we are the real badguys.

Honestly I think the game is somewhat tonedef. but acting like its magic murder simulator is bullshit.
Dude, he's talking about a game where a boss straight up goes all #blacklivesmatter on you as you shoot her to death. I think we could use some articles about it without going Raaaargh Morality Police Clickbait Raaaargh

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Cardboard Box A posted:

Dude, he's talking about a game where a boss straight up goes all #blacklivesmatter on you as you shoot her to death. I think we could use some articles about it without going Raaaargh Morality Police Clickbait Raaaargh

I said i thought it was tone def. even though i think the boss is just using to justify all the horrors the rikers do. Its more that gamesradar is doing it, I expect it from the verge or polygon/killscreen/vice/gawker. I go to gameradar for bland news and maybe some leaks and reviews. Not wannabee media criticism. The article makes it out that every enemies in the game is some misunderstood innocent that is totaly unarmed and that you then ruthlessly execute. I can easily understand people critisims about the "rioters" but really the rikers. they are all armed and shooting at you or other people.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 18, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

How dare this games site talk about the content of a game.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Borderlands 2 was pretty crap imo

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

im happy to discover that even after so long battlezone is still extremely my jam

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lurdiak posted:

Gearbox delivered the game in time and it technically worked so unless there was a clause in the contract about the game getting a certain metacritic score there's nothing SEGA can sue Gearbox for unless they have solid proof of them using Alien money for other projects and that's some risky poo poo to take to court. If SEGA didn't like Gearbox's vision of the game they also had all the time in the world to voice that and stop its development so in a potential court's view they'd be as guilty of Colonial Marines' quality as the devs. They can't just go: yeah we knew how the game was shaping up every step of the way but but but there is some anonymous gossip that they could have made it even better.

Also a reminder that Gearbox stole the distinictive art concept and also the general concept for Borderlands from a short called CodeHunters (watch it if you haven't, it's pretty cool) - they even met with the artist but never hired him and built the look and many main ideas behind their game on his work not giving him a dime for it. The opening of Borderlands even outright uses some of the same shots. But before you say that all art is inspired by other art - it really goes beyond that point in this case considering that they talked to the author and that Borderlands had a completely different look before that. What I'm saying is that Gearbox sucks and Pitchford is a fraud.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 18, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Remember when clickbait refer to a type of article headline and not just "article about social/political stuff in something"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tonedef

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

PBS Newshour posted:

Remember when clickbait refer to a type of article headline and not just "article about social/political stuff in something"

It still does if the person using it isn't dumb.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"These seven busty babes all go to a pool party... you won't believe what happens next!"

"Ugh. More clickbate."

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Oh lol

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I can't wait to pull off some sick kickflips in this Tony Hawk's version of WW2.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Palpek posted:

Gearbox delivered the game in time and it technically worked so unless there was a clause in the contract about the game getting a certain metacritic score there's nothing SEGA can sue Gearbox for unless they have solid proof of them using Alien money for other projects and that's some risky poo poo to take to court. If SEGA didn't like Gearbox's vision of the game they also had all the time in the world to voice that and stop its development so in a potential court's view they'd be as guilty of Colonial Marines' quality as the devs. They can't just go: yeah we knew how the game was shaping up every step of the way but but but there is some anonymous gossip that they could have made it even better.

Also a reminder that Gearbox stole the distinictive art concept and also the general concept for Borderlands from a short called CodeHunters (watch it if you haven't, it's pretty cool) - they even met with the artist but never hired him and built the look and many main ideas behind their game on his work not giving him a dime for it. The opening of Borderlands even outright uses some of the same shots. But before you say that all art is inspired by other art - it really goes beyond that point in this case considering that they talked to the author and that Borderlands had a completely different look before that. What I'm saying is that Gearbox sucks and Pitchford is a fraud.

Good post. Yeah I am honestly curious why 2k and other publishers keep giving gearbox money? Its clear that they only had 2 good ip's. one has been run into the ground the other is probably dead or outsourced.

The darkness games kicked rear end. One was clunky as gently caress(espcialy playing it now a days) and 2 is a little short, but the combat and art style were cool. I hope 3 comes out someday.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I never even played the first 3 :confused:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sad thing is i liked the brothers and arms series. Allegedly they making the battle of the buldge game which the series has been building too. but after aliens, I am not sure i want it :(

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Palpek posted:

There's an optional mission in BL2 where the evil corporation does this exact thing.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

FactsAreUseless posted:

"These seven busty babes all go to a pool party... you won't believe what happens next!"

"Ugh. More clickbate."

Don't clickbate, you'll go blind and grow hair on your mouse.

While Borderlands1/2 are just ok games and I got bored of the second one and didn't finish it, I find the common goon hatred of them complete with gossip about the writer's personal life and how it got funded and oh the art style was stolen (but everyone liked it much better than the original) to be far more insufferable than the actual games.

the memes

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Instead of Norse mythology, the next God of War should feature Kratos going around and killing all the memes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

There's an optional mission in BL2 where the evil corporation does this exact thing.

thats hilarious

I think the same thing happened to tk baha in the first game but idk

I am glad tk baha is still around. it's weird tho how the starting area only has a few npcs but they all have their character intros and stuff and then you get to new haven and it's almost all just the same 2 or 3 npcs over and over with a single stock phrase and the questgiver npcs there don't even have the intro splash thing like zed and tk had. it's just strange, like they ran out of budget or forgot to do it or something idk

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Broseph Brostar posted:

Instead of Norse mythology, the next God of War should feature Kratos going around and killing all the memes

Business cat and Get out frog would make a good "two bosses at the same time" fight imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

bloodychill posted:

Don't clickbate, you'll go blind and grow hair on your mouse.

While Borderlands1/2 are just ok games and I got bored of the second one and didn't finish it, I find the common goon hatred of them complete with gossip about the writer's personal life and how it got funded and oh the art style was stolen (but everyone liked it much better than the original) to be far more insufferable than the actual games.

the memes

My problem with two was mainly the gunplay and the eniemie reactions. every gun felt like a pea shooter and baddies just stood their and didnt flinch. it was weird.

Broseph Brostar posted:

I never got into god of war. I just never found kratos to be a "likable"/interesting character. I get that he isnt supposed to be and that the gods are bigger dicks then him. but it never got into it. He is just an angery stupid rear end in a top hat who hates himself for killing his family and thats it.

• Locked thread