Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

goferchan posted:

Is there any quest trigger stuff I can gently caress up by continuing into Boreal Valley before Smouldering Lake? Or vice versa? Not sure where to hit first

Finish exploring smoldering lake if you want to do yuria's thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

i have what feels like a pretty modest investment in health (my vit is at 20), and my cindered healthbar feels insanely long. i think i'll probably put a lot less into health next time.

you get tons of health per point at the beginning, relative to your health bar. but diminishing returns are native to the stat from point 1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

you get tons of health per point at the beginning, relative to your health bar. but diminishing returns are native to the stat from point 1

i didnt put any points in until hour like 15 but just two points boosted the bar like crazy. which is nice, it seems like health isnt something you really need to worry about stat wise.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Man those stabbing weapons really gently caress you up in PVP. I need a lance pronto

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Health gains are huge up to 20 vig which is the first softcap. I might be comfortable keeping my health that low going into postgame pvp.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I just realized that the second phase of the abyss watchers fight has the same bell toll motif as Artorias in DS1. Sweet

Soral
May 30, 2009

the only thing that frustrates me in dark souls games anymore is when i see a host use the separation crystal to thanklessly boot out his co-op phantom friends after he summons them explicitly to gang up on me, the invader. no class. at least drop the thank you stone.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
To anyone who has beaten the game, Did you think the last boss was too easy? The princes was a way more interesting fight to me.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Proud Rat Mom posted:

To anyone who has beaten the game, Did you think the last boss was too easy? The princes was a way more interesting fight to me.

its true of every souls game. even bloodborne

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Soral posted:

its true of every souls game. even bloodborne

yeah I can sort of see that, I guess I can look forward to dlc's for the real nasty ones lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i thought the last boss was really rough lol and its prob my favorite fight in the game. it does depend on what he does though. sometimes he goes wizard and goes down like a bitch, but sometimes he goes super aggressive pyromancer

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Proud Rat Mom posted:

i thought the princes were a billion times easier. i dont summon though. and i havent parried any bosses

Soral
May 30, 2009

it was nice to have a final boss that actually tested you on your ability to play the game though

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I thought Crystal Sage was harder than Abyss Watchers.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

I thought Crystal Sage was harder than Abyss Watchers.

same, I got abyss watchers on my first try but crystal sage I died once or twice

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The final boss is really fun. I felt annoyed losing to aldrich constantly but enjoyed getting brutalized by the final boss. Kinda like Laurence vs Kos

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Soral posted:

it was nice to have a final boss that actually tested you on your ability to play the game though

wow....this post makes me feel really good about totally owning that boss my first try and using only two flasks. next time no flasks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have probably lost upwards of 120k souls in the last hour of playing smh.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I am completely loving lost in irihyll dungeon and I keep gettin keys but none of the locked doors I've found use the keys I've found. This is maddening

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

I am completely loving lost in irihyll dungeon and I keep gettin keys but none of the locked doors I've found use the keys I've found. This is maddening

that level is a lot simpler than it seems but i always get confused about which side im on

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bedlamdan posted:

Finish exploring smoldering lake if you want to do yuria's thing

tyvm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

that level is a lot simpler than it seems but i always get confused about which side im on

Good thing I went back and poked around some more paths in the previous area because I found out I missed a boss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It turns out I missed a wicked sick epic boss.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

It turns out I missed a wicked sick epic boss.

which one?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

it's a really fun level. i wished it was bigger once i was done.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
do u guys think it would work if someone came into my world and dropped me the covenant items? i realllllly dont wanna have to farm silver knights for 5 hours in hopes of getting the ultra rare drops

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The higher level I go the fewer Blue Sentinel summons I get.. Beware..

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pablo Gigante posted:

It was the least objectionable poison swamp area in the series by far

i got mad because the basilisks cursed me but then i accepted the bitter truth: i made a mistake, and deserved my fate

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

The higher level I go the fewer Blue Sentinel summons I get.. Beware..

high level is darkmoon blades

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is there a renewable source of titanite scales at any point in this game?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

high level is darkmoon blades

What's the diff?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

What's the diff?

i think its just the higher level one. the have the same rewards/covenant items you have to turn in

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

pontiff sul something. I only tried it once and took a break but it looks awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nobody designs a good church like from

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love that this game has not 1 but 3 huge, imposing cathedrals that you can see for miles

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

pontiff sul something. I only tried it once and took a break but it looks awesome

oh, yeah, he's really fun. i think he's maybe the toughest fight i've found so far.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Is there a renewable source of titanite scales at any point in this game?

The old lady at the firelink shrine sells them after a certain point.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

AHungryRobot posted:

The old lady at the firelink shrine sells them after a certain point.

She is so based.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've found like only 1 or 2 miracle tomes for the priestess, which leads me to believe i'm missing a shitload

• Locked thread