Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Epic High Five posted:

McConnell unironically excited to blow his party up just to install a candidate who called him stupid on the floor of the Senate and still refuses to withdraw that statement

11th dimension chess.

He gets to watch Cruz burn in the GE, then call people like him and trump goatfuckers, and return to the status quo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

blue squares posted:

You can't even post images correctly

It looks fine on my iPhone ?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
this vile guy certainly is a character i tell you what

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Blacks are easily manipulated by the media and shiny things now let me tell you how this nuanced argument about the Clinton betrayal of minorities will resonate with them over CNN blaring "why hasn't trump renounced kkk support??" 24/7

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
this thread traded nml for vile and it freakin owns

I still think he's wrong about many Trump-related things but there's an earnest insanity there you have to respect

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/722167828867117058

:getin:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

A bunch of links with a painful amount of ignorance of context and changing political norms.

Nixon was crazy conservative, for the time. That time is not this time. If he thought Cruz's path was a viable way to power, he would have double downed harder than an gambling addict playing blackjack. His work with the HUAC still makes him more of a reactionary than Cruz could ever dream of, even without any context.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

إن شاء

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I really want to see some Kasich/Sanders polls because theyt'd be a good way to see people's general feelings towards the two parties in abstract.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Thank God New York is coming up, this drought of coverage has been an agony to endure. At least when the Trump Train's rolling at full speed it's fun to watch.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

this thread traded nml for vile and it freakin owns

I still think he's wrong about many Trump-related things but there's an earnest insanity there you have to respect

not really no

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Warmest day in April history for Seattle :) ☀️

I love global warming (if it exists (it probably doesn't ))

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
that wsj/nbc poll keeps on giving

https://twitter.com/CarrieNBCNews/status/722169648666513408

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/alivitali/status/722104565672370178

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Vile posted:

Warmest day in April history for Seattle :) ☀️

It should be raining from now until June for us in the NW right now but instead it's 80º. It's hosed up.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/charlescwcooke/status/722168297366675458
thanks nat'l review, for setting the record straight

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

I wonder how the GOP establishment feels when they see polls like these and realize that the guy who's beating Hillary by 12 points is gonna lose to the guy who Hillary's beating by 11 points

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

So Hillary looks evil and has bad PR but was secretly the Hero the whole time while the ostensible "protagonists" poo poo all over her plans. A good post!

Or you've just never read Wicked.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

DaveWoo posted:

I wonder how the GOP establishment feels when they see polls like these and realize that the guy who's beating Hillary by 12 points is gonna lose to the guy who Hillary's beating by 11 points

They have analysts who explain to them polls like this are meaningless.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fox Ironic posted:

So Hillary looks evil and has bad PR but was secretly the Hero the whole time while the ostensible "protagonists" poo poo all over her plans. A good post!

Or you've just never read Wicked.

Look at this loving nerd

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

thethreeman posted:

https://twitter.com/charlescwcooke/status/722168297366675458
thanks nat'l review, for setting the record straight

"You have to admire a man who does his job so well" said the editor of the national review, just before one of Ted's slug troops pushed his head back under the bubbling soup with a wooden paddle

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Vile posted:

Look at this loving nerd

Glasshouses, Vile, you're arguing with basement dwelling Internet strangers on a basically defunct sub-forum on a basically defunct website. And losing. Badly I might add, if your Rap Sheet is anything to go by.

Or is that just part of the alleged "mod conspiracy" you keep bringing up?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lol not even bothering with even the formality of an ethnic minority coalition, Trump knows his people

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Vile posted:

Look at this loving nerd

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

someone who posts on sa

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

DaveWoo posted:

The same thing that you should think when you see GE polls 7 months out and without a pair of actual candidates.

Hint: it involves ignoring them because they don't have a whole bunch of meaning.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Schnorkles posted:

The same thing that you should think when you see GE polls 7 months out and without a pair of actual candidates.

Hint: it involves ignoring them because they don't have a whole bunch of meaning.

this is probably true but otoh trump has gotten so much media coverage im not sure if people's opinion of him will actually change >5% in the next 6 month

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
We're actually getting close to having meaningful GE polling at this point, like, historically

I guess it's possible that having both primaries still going strong at this point might invalidate that, but it's not really correct to say 'GE polling is traditionally meaningless this far out'

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

We're actually getting close to having meaningful GE polling at this point, like, historically

I guess it's possible that having both primaries still going strong at this point might invalidate that, but it's not really correct to say 'GE polling is traditionally meaningless this far out'

getting a good LV screen with the state of the primaries right now is probably impossible. If they're RV polls they're useless.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Typo posted:

this is probably true but otoh trump has gotten so much media coverage im not sure if people's opinion of him will actually change >5% in the next 6 month

Except you know the fact he moved his polls dramatically at the start of the primary. What makes you think a concerted effort by all the billions of dollars in GOPe coffers and oppo research won't move some numbers? When everyone eventually bends the knee and unites against Hillary and Obama in a geared up fully funded GE campaign it will be glorious in the name of TRUMP

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Vile posted:

Except you know the fact he moved his polls dramatically at the start of the primary. What makes you think a concerted effort by all the billions of dollars in GOPe coffers and oppo research won't move some numbers? When everyone eventually bends the knee and unites against Hillary and Obama in a geared up fully funded GE campaign it will be glorious in the name of TRUMP

because past a certain point of media saturation additional coverage don't affect people's opinion on candidates anymore

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Typo posted:

because past a certain point of media saturation additional coverage don't affect people's opinion on candidates anymore

Hillary is going to be indicted. You think she is immune because people know who she is? Sad

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/722164142300209152

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Vile posted:

Hillary is going to be indicted. You think she is immune because people know who she is? Sad

sure, just like the whitewater scandal broke the 1992 clinton campaign while the Lewinsky scandal broke his approval ratings

if you are depending on a scandal to sink the opposition your campaign is probably lovely to begin with and you need to do a better job

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Typo posted:

sure, just like the whitewater scandal broke the 1992 clinton campaign while the Lewinsky scandal broke his approval ratings

if you are depending on a scandal to sink the opposition your campaign is probably lovely to begin with and you need to do a better job

Don't forget like how Benghazi sunk Obama in 2012

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not depending on a scandal bro. I'm letting you know that a great communicator with an unpredictable Ability to influence public conversation has emerged. He is also willing to go totally nuclear on Hillary and destroy her relentlessly.

you can disagree with me and let's have fun itt but don't just be blind to the threat. It makes me think you are an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Typo posted:

Oh and to be fair - trumps numbers continue to decline among the GE even though he's been super saturated since February

But this makes you wrong also. Sorry not sorry

• Locked thread