Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I haven't played my Republic character much lately since I've decided to just wait for KotFE to finish before shotgunning the entire to see how it plays as one cohesive experience (since I've been playing chapters as they drop on my imperial character).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
I haven't logged in in about two weeks so my "TOR life" was just kind of a fog to me when I did yesterday. I'm an artificer who sells a lot of dye. So when I logged in and saw that I had sold something on the GTN I thought, "Oh, I must have put some dye up before I logged a couple of weeks ago."

"Someone has bought that frilly lightsaber you got out of a chance cube for 21,000,000 credits. Congratulations, you're rich, beeeeoch. Buy whatever you want."

That's a cool as gently caress thing to log back into btw. Now if only there was something I wanted to buy.

Solfrann
Dec 28, 2015

Empress Theonora posted:

I haven't played my Republic character much lately since I've decided to just wait for KotFE to finish before shotgunning the entire to see how it plays as one cohesive experience (since I've been playing chapters as they drop on my imperial character).

I downloaded the client to my new PC last week, but I've been delaying getting back in for this same reason. Is there a definite end to it?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Solfrann posted:

I downloaded the client to my new PC last week, but I've been delaying getting back in for this same reason. Is there a definite end to it?

This current "season" of KOTFE ends with its final chapter in August.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

JonathonSpectre posted:

I haven't logged in in about two weeks so my "TOR life" was just kind of a fog to me when I did yesterday. I'm an artificer who sells a lot of dye. So when I logged in and saw that I had sold something on the GTN I thought, "Oh, I must have put some dye up before I logged a couple of weeks ago."

"Someone has bought that frilly lightsaber you got out of a chance cube for 21,000,000 credits. Congratulations, you're rich, beeeeoch. Buy whatever you want."

That's a cool as gently caress thing to log back into btw. Now if only there was something I wanted to buy.

There is something you want to buy. cosmetic gear

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I threw a stack of 320 Exotic Elements up on the GTN for 20 million thinking no one would ever buy them.

They were gone in an hour. This is a weird game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

I threw a stack of 320 Exotic Elements up on the GTN for 20 million thinking no one would ever buy them.

They were gone in an hour. This is a weird game.

Did they have the lowest "per unit" price? I've made the mistake of sorting that tab and not paying attention to the total tab (which is how I bought 99 of one of the War Supplies once when I only needed 1 for an invasion force)

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Did they have the lowest "per unit" price? I've made the mistake of sorting that tab and not paying attention to the total tab (which is how I bought 99 of one of the War Supplies once when I only needed 1 for an invasion force)

They did. I did the math and sold them for about 63K/unit, which was roughly 150 credits lower than the next highest.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

JonathonSpectre posted:

Do what I did on my bounty hunter, and buy a full set of mandalore armor for yourself, and a full set of another mandalorian armor for your companion.

Or do what my crazy friend on Begeren Colony did, and outfit your Sith Warrior with Revan's full set, Vette with Mission's full set, Jaesa with Bastila's full set, Quinn with Carth's full set, and Lieutenant Pierce with Canderous' whole set.

These might be a lot more expensive nowadays.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hahaha so, in addition to the outrage of sub rewards being lackluster HK stuff, apparently a select group of people that had unsubscribed were offered 500 cartel coins to resubscribe.

Which would you, the loyal subscribers of the game, prefer? An HK ship droid customization, or 500cc?

Man I love defending this game to death but it's getting harder and harder when this kind of stuff constantly happens. :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I would prefer the nothing we got before KOTFE. Keep SWTOR pure.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

I would prefer the nothing we got before KOTFE. Keep SWTOR pure.

Yeah, well before KOTFE we got semi regular repeatable PvE content. :P

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They gave you like double the slots, all the content is repeatable now!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Coming next month--an in-game token that turns all NPCs into HK-55.

Nonentity please don't get sucked in; keep making us cool mounts and sabers :(

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Are there any dope vibroswords that I can farm up? I'm saving up for the last super expensive of the revan reborn piece I need(greaves... 30mil+.. I need the entire set to unlock the gear for my account correct?)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bob NewSCART posted:

Are there any dope vibroswords that I can farm up? I'm saving up for the last super expensive of the revan reborn piece I need(greaves... 30mil+.. I need the entire set to unlock the gear for my account correct?)

Yep, all pieces on the same character to unlock.

Go to Tor fashion and look at all the Vibroswords. I'm a fan of the CZ-198 one that looks like Cloud from FF7s Buster Sword.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Alter Ego posted:

And a Kowakian Monkey-Lizard in a Noid costume.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Good news--the June 1 subscriber reward is a word filter that filters every word to "HK-55". Isn't that HK-55? It's HK-55! HK-55 HK-55!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'm thinking about resubscribing for a month or two to catch up on the story with my characters, but what I'm hearing isn't the most encouraging.

Not that I'm particularly surprised. I loved Knights' general quality of life improvements but felt the Knights content itself was a trainwreck.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cythereal posted:

I'm thinking about resubscribing for a month or two to catch up on the story with my characters, but what I'm hearing isn't the most encouraging.

Not that I'm particularly surprised. I loved Knights' general quality of life improvements but felt the Knights content itself was a trainwreck.

Why would you resubscribe then? If you didn't like KOTFE story, then there's nothing else for you right now. Unless you're a die hard PvP fan and want to see the new Warzones and get in ranked season 7

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

Why would you resubscribe then? If you didn't like KOTFE story, then there's nothing else for you right now. Unless you're a die hard PvP fan and want to see the new Warzones and get in ranked season 7

Because I'm still vaguely interested and I'm suffering a case of severe game burn-out and looking for something to occupy my spare time after the FF14 free trial failed to grab my interest.

Eh. I could wait until August.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Cythereal posted:

For me the post-IX chapters have a few problems so far:

1) They focus on companions that the majority really doesn't care about (Kaliyo, Jorgan, Gault) while companions that people do seem to enjoy (Blizz, Talos, 4X) get shunted off into dry recruitment missions. Vette next month will hopefully help this.

2) With resolutions being nebulous and far away decisions (every chapter basically has one major one) seem arbitrary. Way more questions than answers and not in a good way.

3) No new faces. How awesome would it have been to have Satele and ghost Marr join your Alliance? Apparently their planet needs them though.

5) Kludgy solutions (granted just one chapter) for non-Force users.

6) No continuation of romances. I'm not asking for elaborate cutscenes, but the occasional [Flirt] line would be neat.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

1) They focus on companions that the majority really doesn't care about (Kaliyo, Jorgan, Gault)

This is the big thing that confuses me.

The only companion that people more vitrolicly hated than those three was Skadge, but jesus. I remember no matter how long past release it was, there was always a 'how do I kill kaliyo/jorgan/gault' thread in the class sections, or just a thread to bitch about them, on the official forums.

And it still continues to this day, with everyone wanting to kill Kaliyo and Jorgan in KotFE....

It honestly feels like whoever wrote those three got promoted and was pissy about everyone hating them.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

KittyEmpress posted:

This is the big thing that confuses me.

The only companion that people more vitrolicly hated than those three was Skadge, but jesus. I remember no matter how long past release it was, there was always a 'how do I kill kaliyo/jorgan/gault' thread in the class sections, or just a thread to bitch about them, on the official forums.

And it still continues to this day, with everyone wanting to kill Kaliyo and Jorgan in KotFE....

It honestly feels like whoever wrote those three got promoted and was pissy about everyone hating them.

People wanted to kill Jorgan and Gault?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alter Ego posted:

Some people are weird about their characters, and don't like that Gault tricked them so they want him dead for it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Aphrodite posted:

Some people are weird about their characters, and don't like that Gault tricked them so they want him dead for it.

Some people also have a homicidal grudge against Aric because he's a bit of a dick to the trooper on Ord Mantell.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

There are a lot of people who were apparently never able to get over Jorgan being bossy to you on Ord Mantell, which I don't really understand. I can kind of sympathize with Gault hate even though I personally like him since I think people were mostly annoyed that they were forced to go along with his scheme no matter what. It would conflict with someone who was playing a character who always killed their bounties and was a pure professional or something. Skadge had a similar problem.

I actually really like Kaliyo, Jorgan, and Gault. Quinn is another one I like that should probably be on the most hated list, not sure when he's supposed to come back though.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Turbl posted:

There are a lot of people who were apparently never able to get over Jorgan being bossy to you on Ord Mantell, which I don't really understand. I can kind of sympathize with Gault hate even though I personally like him since I think people were mostly annoyed that they were forced to go along with his scheme no matter what. It would conflict with someone who was playing a character who always killed their bounties and was a pure professional or something. Skadge had a similar problem.

There's a certain strain of RPG player who plays for the wish fulfillment and power fantasy, and hate with the fury of a thousand suns any NPC who doesn't respect their character, fools them, or otherwise doesn't treat their character as the unstoppable genius badass the player imagines them to be.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I love Gault, I've said it before but he reminds me of Lorne on Angel.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Cythereal posted:

Because I'm still vaguely interested and I'm suffering a case of severe game burn-out and looking for something to occupy my spare time after the FF14 free trial failed to grab my interest.

I re-subbed this week for this exact reason and was disappointed.

Cythereal posted:

There's a certain strain of RPG player who plays for the wish fulfillment and power fantasy, and hate with the fury of a thousand suns any NPC who doesn't respect their character, fools them, or otherwise doesn't treat their character as the unstoppable genius badass the player imagines them to be.

In fairness, the story treats the sith sorc this way all up until KOTFE so yeah it's a little annoying to go from most powerful sith on the council to just an average force-using goober. Making the story individualized was what made the game so awesome and having one general story for all classes is going to be a letdown now no matter how you slice it.

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 19, 2016

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Also "grey Jedi" or a completely light/dark balance thing are stupid, as is the Sith and Jedi working together.

I like elements of KOTFE, but the story is annoying and the execution leaves much to be desired.

Still, I get to do all 8 class stories now easily, which is what I really wanted.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I still don't have the little icon for doing all class stories. Some of them were just too painful to slog through.

I also haven't done like 90% of the Ops. Would it be worthwhile to server transfer over to the goon server and try to run through them?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

And on that note, I finsihed my BH, so I should be an Imperial Legend!

But, it didn't trigger.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8885419#edit8885419 posted:

Hey folks,

We have discovered what is causing the problem. There is a trigger that happens behind the scenes which grants Legendary Status. Some characters are missing this indicator, which is preventing you from having Legendary Status. We are working on addressing the issue, but unfortunately we can't resolve it until 4.4. In the meantime, you do not need to submit a ticket to CS as they will be unable to correct this issue. For those that qualify, your status will be corrected once the fix is in place.

Thank you for your patience.

-eric

Well, at least it'll be fixed in 4.4 then. :suicide:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I made Dorne the XO of Havoc Squad over Jorgan. Suffer no catpeople in command positions. :colbert:

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Lol at the thought of people not liking the best companion in the game, Gault. Kaliyo sucks though, out sucked only by Doc. Aric is meh.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
I'm on Jedi Covenant but there is no goon squad. Do we even have a republic guild anymore?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Edit: ^^ The guild exists, but I generally am the only one on, and I'm not playing right now.

Trast posted:

I made Dorne the XO of Havoc Squad over Jorgan. Suffer no catpeople in command positions. :colbert:

I dislike Kaliyo because she reveals she has been actively sabotaging you, goes out of the way to insult the empire, and generally gets in the way, constantly disobeying orders, while also doing poo poo like being all 'lol let's kill civilians because funny'. It's the same reason I hate Skadge, because they are basically the exact same character.

I actually dislike Aric because of the promotion scene. When you look at peoples service records, Dorne has been an impeccable asset to the republic, she has been fully loyal, she is intelligent, and despite being treated like dirt for originally being an imperial, never strikes other people.

So if you pick her, Aric throws a hissy fit. Calls you a terrible boss and says you make terrible choices. Threatens to break up with you if you're romancing him.

I have no problem with him being a hard rear end. I have a problem with him being a racist entitled manchild over that decision. Yeah he later apologizes, but Jesus. Do you think any job in the world would let someone explode like that over not getting s promotion, and keep their job? Not even military, just any job at all.

I honestly don't remember Gault at all from my bounty hunter play through. He was amazing compared to Skadge though. Because everyone was. Even Aric is.

But seriously the only companion I would throw out a spaceship would be Skadge. Demote Aric, send Quinn to work on Hoth for the rest of his life, maybe punch Zenith in the face.

I do fully think that in a better game, you'd be able to tell companions you don't agree with/get along with to get off your ship, during the stories.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 19, 2016

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

KittyEmpress posted:

Edit: ^^ The guild exists, but I generally am the only one on, and I'm not playing right now.

I'll be on more now! I just finished the last Imperial class (even if I didn't get credit yet).

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Alter Ego posted:

Wait.

Wait you DON'T Want an HK themed HK stronghold that has you as a player shrunk down so you can live inside HK?

And walk around as HK and use HK as your HK themed HK MOUNT?

HONEY I SHRUNK THE HK

AICH KAY!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Apparently there's a new exploit going around and people are buying up items on the GTN like crazy with exploited credits. SWTOR miner on Reddit days it's the worst one yet.

Knowing this, you have two options -

A) List everything you can for high prices and make some money from the exploiters.

B) Stay the hell away from the GTN for a bit because there's a history of them banning and suspending people who profit from exploits, intended or unaware.

Edit - my recommendation is B, better safe than sorry.

• Locked thread