Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Huh, Guile sounds interesting and lame. Also he has a tactical crouch walk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I think I kind of gravitate towards boring, linear characters like Cammy and Balrog naturally

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Hopefully Guile's v-trigger allows for bullet hell booms, and not just restrict it to one projectile at a time.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Help Im Alive posted:

The rage quit solution thing is kind of disappointing, would it really be that hard to just change it so that disconnecting makes you lose points?

Like that's probably all it would take to stop people

Honestly, it wouldn't. There's people that still rage quit in Pokken. And you lose money in that one!

If it's a sliding scale of banishment (doing it more = longer bans) then I'm all for it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zaa Boogie posted:

Honestly, it wouldn't. There's people that still rage quit in Pokken. And you lose money in that one!

If it's a sliding scale of banishment (doing it more = longer bans) then I'm all for it.

I guess I just don't really have any faith in that system since when they started punishing players for it last month it was only people with a disconnect rate of at least 80%

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Help Im Alive posted:

I guess I just don't really have any faith in that system since when they started punishing players for it last month it was only people with a disconnect rate of at least 80%
a disconnect percentage higher than 10% should just cause your account to be deleted

welcome to thunderdome

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Help Im Alive posted:

Well, that was just them to reset points. An automatic system might have a lower threshold. *Might* :v:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Walk forward while holding charge?

IS THIS THE REAL LIFE?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Street Fighter V: Prepare for the Sonic Bloom

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Faultless Move That poo poo Down!

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Guile looks good, new stage looks good, d/c punish system is still laughably bad.

In happier news, though, I've pretty much completed the exterior of my hitbox:

Still got to get the PCB in, test connections, and drill internal (and external, for the USB) cable holes.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm baffled by the seventh button. :v:

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
ST Guile main here literally making GBS threads my pants for Guile. When. When is Guile time.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Sade posted:

ST Guile main here literally making GBS threads my pants for Guile. When. When is Guile time.
April. Just April.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm baffled by the seventh button. :v:

Taunt, probably

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ag Bengip posted:

Taunt, probably

You gotta keep the lag switch accessible, y'know.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Dias posted:

You gotta keep the lag switch accessible, y'know.

Taunt + Alt-Tab x2

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
7th button ragequits, of course

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Both right-side blue buttons are meant to be fierce punch, actually. It's usually easier to hit HP if it's on the top row, but I find it easier to hit v-trigger when the two buttons are horizontally aligned. So I have two HP buttons.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Choo gonna get bodied mang.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

teagone posted:

Choo gonna get bodied mang.

Locals are gonna blow even more

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol they gave guile a durandal's call

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

interrodactyl posted:

why would you want to remove one of the stages that doesn't have framedrops and can actually maintain 60fps

I have framedrops on exactly zero stages.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

A.o.D. posted:

I have framedrops on exactly zero stages.

tournaments run on ps4

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

interrodactyl posted:

tournaments run on steaming piles of poo poo

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

and they also explicitly ban playing on training stage for CPT

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Zand posted:

and they also explicitly ban playing on training stage for CPT

woah really? That's awesome.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Corbeau posted:

Both right-side blue buttons are meant to be fierce punch, actually. It's usually easier to hit HP if it's on the top row, but I find it easier to hit v-trigger when the two buttons are horizontally aligned. So I have two HP buttons.

why not put 8 and use macros for skill/throw and trigger like some people do?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
you're required to random select stage and training stage is not part of random select

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Booyah- posted:

The airforce stage looks real good

Wasn't the big guy with the camo shorts in the story mode trailer? I wonder if he's going to be some sort of dude

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

interrodactyl posted:

you're required to random select stage and training stage is not part of random select

That's pretty neat, actually.

Ag Bengip posted:

Wasn't the big guy with the camo shorts in the story mode trailer? I wonder if he's going to be some sort of dude

Yeah, I noticed that as well (he's not in the original SF2 stage, either).

I think I'm actually more hype for the stage than Guile himself, if only because I wasn't expecting it.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
If you main Ken and don't pick the Kevin Mashers' skin to piss everyone off you're not doing it right.:

Cool Guile looks decent at least.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Something just occurred to me: That F-15 is loving enormous

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wingspan of like 40 something feet in real life. how long is an sf stage to scale?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

wingspan of like 40 something feet in real life. how long is an sf stage to scale?

You can tell by the size of a cockpit. An F-16 is a cozy fit for a 6' tall man. That thing is probably 100% too big.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A.o.D. posted:

You can tell by the size of a cockpit. An F-16 is a cozy fit for a 6' tall man. That thing is probably 75% too big.

they have to be gief accessible in sf world

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The only bad thing about training stage is the music, I think it's dumb to celebrate not being able to play on a stable stage, instead risking framedrops at random.

By the way, no news on DirectInput support or character music in local versus, huh?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im glad we can all agree that skin is called kevin

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

That's an f15.

e: but it won the car crush bonus stage, so I guess that's SF related.