Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

DolphinCop posted:

a lot of people mistakenly buy mortal reminder against soraka because they never read the patch note that grievous wounds doesn't reduce external healing anymore

I am that mistake. What the gently caress Riot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Zhonyas and Abyssal becoming CDR items (plus the new dash item) is probably going to obsolete CDR runes on solo laners

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
The one other point to keep in mind with cdr is how it's exponential. The move from 30%-40% gives you a lot more casts then a move from 0%-10%.

It just makes it really hard to 1. Get a good gold value for cdr and 2. Means having cdr runes as your only cdr source is much less efficient than using it to go from 30% to 40%

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

Zhonyas and Abyssal becoming CDR items (plus the new dash item) is probably going to obsolete CDR runes on solo laners

what the gently caress

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
In the early game supports need things more than CDR and support items come with it so it's not worth it

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

In the early game supports need things more than CDR and support items come with it so it's not worth it

If I'm support playing into caitlyn soraka what blue rune serves better than CDR?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

the primary issue with soraka is that when she is strong her heals are stifling and you can not win a fight unless she is not there or dead and when she is weak soraka does absolutely nothing at any stage of the game so in order to help solidify her unique identity they removed all counterplay to soraka from the game

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

the problem is that almost every tooltip says "applies grievous wounds" rather than "applies grievous wounds, which does X" so anybody who wasnt here for the preseason or just forgot the change it received is out of luck for that tiny little completely essential difference

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

the primary issue with soraka is that when she is strong her heals are stifling and you can not win a fight unless she is not there or dead and when she is weak soraka does absolutely nothing at any stage of the game so in order to help solidify her unique identity they removed all counterplay to soraka from the game

the counterplay was to focus soraka. she wasn't a problem until riot increased the range on her primary heal, which made it nearly impossible to target her without flanking/tp shenanigans. walking back that range increase would instantly make her balanced again like she was in mid season 5 after the rework happened but before anybody was picking her or complaining about her

e: she already didn't care about grievous wounds in season 5 because her ult would remove it from all allies before healing

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Crystal Geometry posted:

If I'm support playing into caitlyn soraka what blue rune serves better than CDR?

What support?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

DolphinCop posted:

the counterplay was to focus soraka. she wasn't a problem until riot increased the range on her primary heal, which made it nearly impossible to target her without flanking/tp shenanigans. walking back that range increase would instantly make her balanced again like she was in mid season 5 after the rework happened but before anybody was picking her or complaining about her

that was kind of what i was getting at with "removed all counterplay from the game"

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/gameplay/dev-blog-classes-subclasses

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if you watch the video at the start of that article you can see vlad's new E

vv nah someone from riot said it was his new E

Radical fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 18, 2016

colbamf
Jan 10, 2011

Radical posted:

if you watch the video at the start of that article you can see vlad's new E

I thought that was one of his emotes?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

I think that it's pretty much always okay to only run 6 MR blues in bot lane even on a support, and three mana regen runes seems pretty legit to me. It's what I run on my support page. I can't even think of a third viable blue rune for supports other than MR, MP/5, and AP.

I run flat CDR on Leona and thresh if I'm not against a poke support

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Isn't everyone a diver after 25 minutes

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
https://www.twitch.tv/grossie_gore

gross gore dropping the post-LCS drama about Febiven and Rekkles loving fangirls

tune in while it's hot!!!!!

poo poo is hilarious

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
basically gross gore got an all-expenses paid trip to EU LCS finals for his friend and 2 girls probably expecting them to gently caress him and his friend because he paid a lot of money

then febiven and rekkel tag teamed them in a hotel room

basically he got c.u.c.k.e.d. to the max

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

who cares.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Hah, you said "cuck"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Class: Marksman Subclass: Marksman

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
oh wait this isn't the pro thread

anyways it's hilarious to see a guy who basically expects sex get owned

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

AHH FUGH posted:

oh wait this isn't the pro thread

anyways it's hilarious to see a guy who basically expects sex get owned

This is why we need men's right

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
A bad post

TheBuckmister
Oct 18, 2008
"We thought these categories were becoming too bloated and cumbersome so we added 12 new labels within them."

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
"We thought things were a little complicated so we added some sub-classes to provide needed clarity for all of the various members of the roster."

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I can't tell if they're being disingenuous or are just plain stupid when they say that ADCs are more or less all the same. Ignoring that they're pretty clearly delineated in a "duelist" and "utility" fashion

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Can't wait for the casters to be forced to use these new terms. Was there really a reason to verbally differentiate between certain types of mages or fighters? All I've ever heard that made sense were "Juggernauts" and "Control Mages" because those are a distinct playstyle.

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

Libertine posted:

"We thought things were a little complicated so we added some sub-classes to provide needed clarity for all of the various members of the roster."

"Gypsy"

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Blue mage. Monk. Chaos plumber. Union rep.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I like how for marksman they put ashe and vayne side by side and are like "These two play the same"

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah, like in theory I guess it's kinda sorta interesting to see them create better generic labels for different playstyles, but tossing every ADC into the same basket and calling it a day is absurdly lazy. That's just embarassing

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So I finally got enough keys to open two chests:

Mecha Zero Sion and Spirit Guard Udyr.

Except they both require so much essence that I'll need another 10 chests with disposable skin shards to afford them.

Or I guess I could feed one to the other.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The most useless thought exercise imaginable: What does an ideal complete Urgot item build look like?

I've been loving around with a few things and I don't actually know which specific items give him the most power. Obviously you want CDR, Armor Pen, some mix of tankiness for his ultimate. I just can't decide what to stick with.

I've built Manamune, Iceborn, LW, Ghostblade, Maw, Black Cleaver, Death's Dance, Sterak's Gage, and QSS/Mercurial. I think the ideal combination is in some pool of those items. But I don't know what it is. Even looking on CGG or PB there's not really a specific rhyme or reason that most people follow, and it depends on where people play him as well.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

The most useless thought exercise imaginable: What does an ideal complete Urgot item build look like?

I've been loving around with a few things and I don't actually know which specific items give him the most power. Obviously you want CDR, Armor Pen, some mix of tankiness for his ultimate. I just can't decide what to stick with.

I've built Manamune, Iceborn, LW, Ghostblade, Maw, Black Cleaver, Death's Dance, Sterak's Gage, and QSS/Mercurial. I think the ideal combination is in some pool of those items. But I don't know what it is. Even looking on CGG or PB there's not really a specific rhyme or reason that most people follow, and it depends on where people play him as well.

Tbh I usually go manamune, maw, steraks, cleaver, and some other tank item. Sometime ice born, sometimes frozen heart, sometimes mercurial. I exclusively play him top

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Libertine posted:

My go-to has been Manamune > boots of choice (lucidity) > FH (I guess iceborne now) > Death's Dance > Maw > ??? (sterak's or maybe Cleaver)

Manamune and FH give you the bonus mana to synergize with W as well as bonus damage and armor. Death's Dance, FH, and lucidity gives you the CDR cap. Maw gets the bonus armor pen and the shield for AP burst. Only thing I don't know is the last item. The LW items aren't great due to the bonus armor thing. Sterak's is decent, but is mostly there for the shield. And BC gives the phage passive, but you're wasting the CDR.

The problem is he wants a little bit out of all of those items, but he's wasting something on almost all of them. He doesn't really auto so sheen effects are wasted, non-DD life steal is similarly wasted, mana is cool but doesn't provide much combat use. As a result, he's great when he's pretty far ahead, but with similar amounts of gold his opponents get much more efficient builds.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Hey I didn't see what champ you're asking about but have you considered iceborn, sunfire, mercs, and three tank items completely at random

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Kashuno posted:

I like how for marksman they put ashe and vayne side by side and are like "These two play the same"

But they do? Their play style is "go 0/15/0, call teammates noobs."

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Ashe must be the least likely adc to be toxic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

Ashe must be the least likely adc to be toxic

I feel like that's Corki. I've seen plenty of toxic Ashes but never a toxic Corki.

• Locked thread