Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I too, wonder what vermin think about our societal rules.

Insignia..flag, same thing, says man who draws it on the belly of the airplane. Also, Obama was personally on the phone at that moment, ordering the ship to cowardly hold fire at 2 aircraft not attacking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

TheTatteredKing posted:

Probably. The older they are the more likely they have no idea how it works.

These people don't even understand how the drat Pill works, let alone gender reassignment surgery.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

colonel_korn posted:

4 In fairness they should have anticipated this given how they named the ship
Weaky McWeakface

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

colonel_korn posted:

Let me guess, Branco thinks we should have shot down those Russian planes and started WW3?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The union is just happy that hopefully you have enough to share, since it mauled the owner into giving it to you. AGC.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

there wolf posted:

That's still not much of an excuse considering how common jokes about women athletes taking testosterone were and still are. It's far more likely that they think just having a penis means being capable of rape, so of course perverts could just go through hormone therapy, walk into a ladies room unchallenged, and then proceed to terrorize all the little girls there with their functional dicks.

Huh. I wonder if they just think about dicks in the same way as guns.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
One of those planes appears to be Serbian, good to see Branco acknowledge the Pan-Slavic menace imo.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Fojar38 posted:

Serious competitor in a potentially new "most contemptuous misunderstanding of the United States Constitution" gay abortion category
Area cartoonist earnestly defends what he imagines the constitution to be.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 18, 2016

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

fade5 posted:

Let me guess, Branco thinks we should have shot down those Russian planes and started WW3?

Only because Obama's in charge. If a Republican had been president, the message would have been "Now that we have a man's man in the White House, those Ruskies got one whiff of our arsenal and went NOPE and flew home pooping their pants."

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Daniel Bryan posted:

Both candidates want to use taxpayer money to fund programs that would help people. AGC.

"But if we just let big business control everything with no regulation, I'm sure we'd have this at a fraction of the cost with six different choices. Unless you're talking about the military, in which case you hate freedom if you don't do your part!"

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Obama 2012 posted:

Please show me again where in the Constitution it says that private political parties are bound to selecting their nominee based on the popular vote.

No, it's okay, I'll wait...

I remember years ago the hot topic of conversation was religious fundamentalists who had never bothered to read the bible. Such people were experts at telling you all the rules about homosexuality and marriage and everything, but had little actual knowledge of the content of their own holy book. The tea party movement and this election in particular have really given rise to the constitutional fundamentalist who has never bothered to actually read the constitution.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Simplex posted:

I remember years ago the hot topic of conversation was religious fundamentalists who had never bothered to read the bible.
Probably not. Much more likely, they never read the bible without someone to "guide and interpret" it for them. Protestantism went wayward in a lot of ways during the transition to America.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Xander77 posted:

Probably not. Much more likely, they never read the bible without someone to "guide and interpret" it for them. Protestantism went wayward in a lot of ways during the transition to America.

I mean much more recent history, like in the last 20 years or so. Think of Mac in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is based on that type of person.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

itskage posted:

Well I was responding to you so gently caress me.

Well poo poo, if it makes you feel better I agree with your assessment.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

colonel_korn posted:

an actual Navy captain posted:

You don’t get to kill people just because they’re being annoying.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sandpuppy posted:

I too, wonder what vermin think about our societal rules.

You should, in large swathes of America they're deciding what they are.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
My man Chuck Schumer looking like a poorly drawn Vincent Price character

CarterUSM
Mar 17, 2004
Cornfield aviator

Pakled posted:

An Actual Navy Captain posted:

You don’t get to kill people just because they’re being annoying.

Branco knows jack poo poo about the way actual military operate under rules of engagement, big surprise. You can do pretty much anything in international waters with maneuvering, and as long as you're not proving to be a material danger (which admitted, these pilots were getting a bit closer than would be wise; collision danger constitutes a material danger), it's international waters/airspace, you have as much right to be there as the next person. It's typically flight profile in conjunction with particular emissions (targeting radar, etc.) and visible weapons stores that would constitute an act of aggression or engagement that would be responded to.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet that if the Donald Cook had lit them up with SAM targeting radars (much less actually launched on them), that would have been a more unfriendly act than the flybys that the Russian planes did. One is showboating, the other is indicating being prepared to fire a weapon.

Admitted, I was a submariner a long time ago, so we have our own sets of rules, and the RoE has no doubt changed since then, but it's galling that OHHHHH PUTIN-SAN conservative shits like Branco characterize a destroyer basically being imperturbable in the face of provocation as indicative of weakness.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CarterUSM posted:

Branco knows jack poo poo about the way actual military operate under rules of engagement, big surprise. You can do pretty much anything in international waters with maneuvering, and as long as you're not proving to be a material danger (which admitted, these pilots were getting a bit closer than would be wise; collision danger constitutes a material danger), it's international waters/airspace, you have as much right to be there as the next person. It's typically flight profile in conjunction with particular emissions (targeting radar, etc.) and visible weapons stores that would constitute an act of aggression or engagement that would be responded to.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet that if the Donald Cook had lit them up with SAM targeting radars (much less actually launched on them), that would have been a more unfriendly act than the flybys that the Russian planes did. One is showboating, the other is indicating being prepared to fire a weapon.

Admitted, I was a submariner a long time ago, so we have our own sets of rules, and the RoE has no doubt changed since then, but it's galling that OHHHHH PUTIN-SAN conservative shits like Branco characterize a destroyer basically being imperturbable in the face of provocation as indicative of weakness.

This almost certainly violates the INCSEA treaty about aggressive and unsafe maneuvers, but in international waters, not at war, and wings clean no of course they're not going to fire.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think Ramirez might suffer from prosopagnosia. It is the only explanation for his crap caricatures.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I sincerely don't get that Ramirez.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Hostile V posted:

Evil liberals are from New York, so Ted Cruz's crack about New York values is right.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
Clearly the smart and strong answer for our navy in response to Putin-senpai's planes would have been to immediately panic and shoot all our weapons the moment they started trolling.

Hostile V posted:

Same. Like, besides Ramirez being all "I HATE THESE PEOPLE", it's not immediately clear what the Cruz phrase at the bottom has to do with it.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
They're all wearing their campaign buttons so it's just some "all New York liberals care about is being elected" horseshit. Ramirez didn't spend too much time plotting a grand metaphor there.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

"I'm not in charge of spending, why are you asking me, kid?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
First Dog on the Moon:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Well we once again have an entry for "worst caricature" in the Gay Abortions.

Seriously why is Ramirez so goddamn bad at caricatures? I think stick figures would legitimately be an improvement at this point.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

As a New Yorker I'm laughing at the loving hammer and sickle in de Blasio's pin

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/TedRall/status/722200667713060864
https://twitter.com/TedRall/status/722200918914154496
https://twitter.com/TedRall/status/722201359550976003

:sad:

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

That emote was destined for those tweets. Horrible. I'd love to see the cover, however.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Never change, Todd :allears:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

With the hit single, Debt Inc. Featuring Any De Now Soul

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Hostile V posted:

Well first you have to remember NY values are the worst values of America, second only to Hollywood values.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

duz posted:

Well first you have to remember NY values are the worst values of America, second only to Hollywood values.

Just look at that ridiculous unamerican statue they put on that island.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

more like :perfect:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Manuel Calavera posted:

With the hit single, Debt Inc. Featuring Any De Now Soul

"Clint Eastwood" isn't on Demon Days but it seems appropriate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

xthetenth posted:

Just look at that ridiculous unamerican statue they put on that island.

Not only is that statue pro-immigration (i.e pro-terrorism!), but it came from FRANCE! :argh:

• Locked thread