Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.
drat, honeymoon period ended quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think it'd be cool if they had an expensive cracked orb that let you invade games with only a host, and then stopped them from summoning... that's probably too cruel to new players though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Vulich the Subtle posted:

drat, honeymoon period ended quickly.

i love this game just bizarre that if you just want 1 on 1 duels all day you literally dont have the option, when the previous bad game had several avenues for this lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Hot Dog. Just discovered that the lovely ring that gives you a tiny heal if you get a 5-hit combo gives you an instant full heal if you get a truly mighty combo going (I.e. using the winged twin axes' infinite spin attack)

If you're skilled at grouping enemies together and use a fast weapon or one with a lot of reach (or both) you literally don't need estus outside of boss fights

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i love this game just bizarre that if you just want 1 on 1 duels all day you literally dont have the option, when the previous bad game had several avenues for this lol

the red sign works great

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

scary ghost dog posted:

the red sign works great

I haven't actually ever used it but can't people just summon two co-op phantoms and then hit your red sign and gangbang you ? Either way I don't care because there's basically zero consequences for failing invasions and the full red eye orb is so early to get and you don't have to be kindled or anything to invade so whatever. If it worked like DS2 where you were stuck with cracked orbs & they were limited/expensive then I would feel way differently

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Can you use the password system with red signs or is that for co op only ? I want to 1v1 the next poster who flames me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

half the time you get summoned by gankers lol. and when im summoning ppl for duels i still get invaded by orb users and darkmoons and poo poo. like ??? why not make it so that you can only see red summon signs if you have no phantoms and it blocks others from coming in? would b an easy fix

you even spawn with full hp if youre summoned w/ the sign so it was clearly designed with duels in mind

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
If they would make it so if you get summoned via red soapstone it blocks host from summoning more friends or summoning blues to help him out, it would be great.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

you even spawn with full hp if youre summoned w/ the sign so it was clearly designed with duels in mind

same with using the red orb tho (unless you mean the max HP penalty? either way you get a full heal when you're summoned)

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

In Training posted:

So I saw that the PS4k is real and is coming out in October. Every game released by September of this year has to be compatible with it, and it will have stuff like better framerate or higher res stuff. also sounds like developers can revisit older titles and patch in support. If Bloodborne/DS3 get 60fps support id probably buy a new system.

It's me, I'm also a sucker

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

same with using the red orb tho (unless you mean the max HP penalty? either way you get a full heal when you're summoned)

meant the max hp penalty

being able to invade topped out is such a good change though lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the more people invade as Purples and kill white phantoms, the fewer ganks there will be. Im doing my part, are you?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

the more people invade as Purples and kill white phantoms, the fewer ganks there will be. Im doing my part, are you?

HolePisser1982 posted:

I really want to be in the purples. Next character...

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

I really want to be in the purples. Next character...

same. i think i locked myself out of that covenant early on and missed a ton of npc events.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Happened in both playthroughs, regarding the end of anris quest line: the stupid pilgrim never appeared in the church as a statue, so I couldn't save anri and he died, again. Annoying. Finished that part then went and murdered the cainhurst lady

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

There should be a dragon eye. But if you want to 1v1 just summon other people's signs, you can see them while unembered can't you.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
lothric castle is not loving around

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Er... it seems that the entire Dark Souls 3 wiki has vanished

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Dancer has me dangerously close to twisting my controller in half

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
dancer on ng++ was absurd lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdq9MIkyCYk :smug:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao i love it

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lol

Soral
May 30, 2009

anyone else having troubles with the pc version tonight? game was running more or less perfectly until earlier today and since then it's crashed on me 6 times + 2 blue screens

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

chug all your estus b4 a duel so u know its real

Soral
May 30, 2009

goferchan posted:

which one is that??

i dont remember the name but its the dark tome that you can buy from a vendor that doesnt show up except under very specific circumstances and after a point in the story will never be obtainable if you havent already got her

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I got no plans tomorrow, so I made a fresh pot of coffee and plan on playing some DS3 after the basketball is done tonight. I'm coming for you, Pontiff!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Benny D posted:

Dancer has me dangerously close to twisting my controller in half

she was pretty tough. i've tried to beat as many bosses as possible unembered, but she was an exception.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I beat dancer 2nd try.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

I beat dancer 2nd try.

This game is so easy I'll beat him on my first try.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I probably won't. I died 3 or 4 times to Pontiff but I got him to about half health. That guys got like 20 different moves

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if they actually listed the poise damage on weapons it would be super hosed up i bet because spear pokes make me flinch in heavy armor and its really pissing me off lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

Okay well I beat it why having sex.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Got up to Pontiff and I'm calling it a night. Love dis game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
My friend, who is trying to get into the series, just texted me to say how much he hated Farron Woods. I told him it doesn't really get better but that I believed in him. Encourage and lift up your fellow Souls gamers.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ng+ spoiler: found a ring of favor +1..just there. unguarded. the gently caress considering how loving hard it is to get the normal ring what the hell from lmao

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Ah man, he just got to Abyss Watchers, and now I'm thinking of putting my soul sign by them just so I can fight them some more...I love that fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love how different the difficulty of bosses is between builds. I beat Dragonslayer Armour first time but Dancer drove me prodromal. I thought I'd never beat Nameless King and the last boss until I gave it a good long break and beat them both this morning over coffee.... but I know someone completely unexpected is gonna kick my rear end next time. Its great.

• Locked thread