Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
How do I get more automatic summons from covenant members? Aside from being summoned a few times after joining the Watchdogs, I haven't had anything. I've tried the Blue Sentinels as well to no avail. I was hoping it would happen every now and then as I made my way through the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

RBA Starblade posted:

That's pretty cool! In fact it's as cool as Wolnir is lovely. What kind of boss fight was that? The first time I get him to a third health then he instant kills me, the second time he attacks twice then falls over dead.

Please don't speak ill of the King of Kings, The Game, Triple H.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Aldritch faithful best faction

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Please don't speak ill of the King of Kings, The Game, Triple H.

At least Black Serpent seems pretty cool.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Eonwe posted:

Aldritch faithful best faction

It seems like in NG the best range to get summoned is maybe 50-60? I'm at 95 now and can't get any action.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

voltcatfish posted:

Yhorm is the worst bossfight in the game because it's a such a loving waste

no i don't care about the callback

The callback makes it worse because despite being made 3 games later, Yohrm's fight is a pale imitation of Storm King. Storm King was badass and was actually something that felt like it had to be killed with the fights gimmick, because you would otherwise have no other way to fight it. It was something completely different from other foes, so you needed a completely different weapon. Yohrm is just a giant. You've fought tons of giants, there's no reason for him to inexplicably be immune to regular weapons.

I'm always gonna be bitter about this because I was looking forward to that fight so much :(

VVV Good lord please no vore levels

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
We got the DLC for Bloodborne so I'm kind of "good" on an aquatic-themed Souls section, but they could do something grandiose that might be fun. I'd be okay with:

-- A Ghost Ship
-- Being inside a Giant Monster

Less okay with be:

--Spooky Coastal Town
-- Watery Cave

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

For some reason It feels like if I summon for help on the second to last boss that I'm an utter failure because I've beaten the rest of the game by myself

do you guys feel that way sometimes

e: i'm not a bitch

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

We got the DLC for Bloodborne so I'm kind of "good" on an aquatic-themed Souls section, but they could do something grandiose that might be fun. I'd be okay with:

-- A Ghost Ship

Less okay with be:

--Spooky Coastal Town
-- Watery Cave

Ugh, I'd be so angry if they did No-Man's Wharf again. That zone sucked.

Edit: Except Gavlan. Gavlan is cool.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Still unreasonably excited from the Pontiff fight. It's the first one in this game where I felt like I really earned the win. Really drat good boss.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Welp, finally finished the game and don't have to worry about spoilers anymore! Played it almost entirely blind, the only thing I looked up was how to do Siegmeyer's quest and the motherfucker didn't show up at the end. I managed to find all the bosses and secret areas on my own, game was so drat satisfying. By far my favorite Dark Souls game. It's pretty loving sad this is supposedly the last one :smith:. Bloodborne was good, but wasn't nearly as satisfying for me as any of the Dark Souls games.

Edit: Also I was playing offline, so no spoilers on secret walls and whatnot.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 19, 2016

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

voltcatfish posted:

For some reason It feels like if I summon for help on the second to last boss that I'm an utter failure because I've beaten the rest of the game by myself

e: i'm not a bitch

You're a bitch

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

voltcatfish posted:

Summoning is cheating :colbert:

I just don't get satisfaction out of beating a boss unless I do it solo the first time. And furthermore, I barely ever use ranged attacks because kiting bosses for ages usually isn't hard and makes a lot of them trivial. They've gotten better about making bosses that can respond to ranged attacks though. I still find it a lot more fun to beat a boss by getting up in their face, dodging all their attacks, and hacking them to bits.

Which is why I felt is inadequate when I straight up could not learn how to dodge the Champion's second phase.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Yeah Pontiff was really good in a lot of ways

e: I'd have totally done that boss solo but it's getting late and I really want to finish this off instead of having to go all the way through work tomorrow beforehand. First time I walked in with three Estus charges and made it all the way through the first phase, I totally could have done it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://www.gamefaqs.com

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Your Computer posted:

Also I want to use this post to whine a bit because god drat are some items rare. I decided I want to use the Harpe on my new gimmick character so I started farming. It's been about 3 hours now and I still haven't gotten one :negative:

Well I finally got one. How many hours was that? Jeez.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

your avatar looks like this
https://zippy.gfycat.com/CorruptAltruisticAmericanratsnake.webm
X crotch tree

thought you'd like to know

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

guys this is the best game ever made. i might be drunk but im gonna start crying because of how good it is

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Any tip for Aldrich? This guy is wrecking me.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

what's that site

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I summon for most bosses because I tire quickly of being two- or three-shotted by screaming walls of meat.

I do all my dungeon spelunking solo, though.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Ha ha! Got the Nameless King. Had a SUnbro with me until the end, but they died and it was one hit, me or him. I had no stamina and sloooowly wound up just as he was about to stab down and cut him in two with my katana.

gently caress. Wow. That was a rush. gently caress that boss.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

NESguerilla posted:

Hey me too! I can't figure out how to avoid the hail of arrows mid-fight, and his big sweeping attacks are deceptively hard to dodge, because they don't seem like they come at you when you would expect. At least for me!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

RBA Starblade posted:

That's pretty cool! In fact it's as cool as Wolnir is lovely. What kind of boss fight was that? The first time I get him to a third health then he instant kills me, the second time he attacks twice then falls over dead.

Location-wise I'm pretty sure it's just Izalith even though it does evoke other areas. You even find the corpses of some old friends, like how you find the corpses of certain dark souls NPCs and enemies in Farron Keep, implying it's the forest area from DS1

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So just adapt the whole sea god chapter from berserk? I'd be okay with that.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Here's where I'm at:

I'm a pyro ninja using Warden Twinblades. I make heavy use of Carthus Flame Arc to enchant my weapons but what I want to know is if I can infuse them with either Sharp, Raw, Crystal or Bleed and still be able to enchant them with CFA. I've also been using Carthus Rouge to great effect, but if I can boost the bleeding natively and then also enchant it with fire damage I think I can become a whirling death machine.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

guys this is the best game ever made. i might be drunk but im gonna start crying because of how good it is

same, and I'm not even drunk :colbert:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Ha ha! Got the Nameless King. Had a SUnbro with me until the end, but they died and it was one hit, me or him. I had no stamina and sloooowly wound up just as he was about to stab down and cut him in two with my katana.

gently caress. Wow. That was a rush. gently caress that boss.

nameless king is the best souls boss ever .

NESguerilla posted:

summon and pray he doesnt do the arrow rain move in his second phase because it's poo poo and you'll die. he's poo poo. aldrich is poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NESguerilla posted:

I wouldn't mind some advice either, got stuck there last night and decided to take a break rather than bashing my head against the wall.

I can handle the first phase fine, it's just a matter of staying close enough so she uses melee instead of homing/ranged attacks, and the arrow storm can be avoided by standing in front of her and then rolling behind after she's opened fire since they spread out forward in the direction you were standing when she opened fire. But in the second phase I'm really struggling because if I stay too close I get hit by her flames, but if I keep my distance she opens up with ranged attacks again that I really struggle to avoid.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

So what are those freaky looking skeletal dragon things floating in the air in Lothric Castle? The things that shoot at you while fighting the Dragonslayer Armor. I beat the game and haven't found any indication of what they are or what they're doing.

Also why is the sun black?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
He's fun. His patterns aren't too bad, but I don't see why they had to attach the dragon part beforehand. The "fly up and spray fire down" attack is just absolute horse poo poo and I've never seen anybody dodge it.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
How the gently caress are these Irithyll Knights in any way shape or form fair? At one point the first one swung at me 10 times in a row. That's loving dumb. Guess I'll have to learn how to parry them w/o taking damage, because even that is hard to do against this stupid poo poo.

Git gud etc.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Okay nevermind I beat Lothric and Lorian by myself!

Amazingly fun fight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fister Roboto posted:

It comes up surprisingly little in the game, but the entire Dark Souls franchise is meant to be narratively bookended by the reveal that it's a dream Chris Cornell was having before writing Black Hole Sun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Farron GS or Wolf Knight's GS? (for a knight character that hasn't committed to either str or dex yet so that's not an issue)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Stokes posted:

How the gently caress are these Irithyll Knights in any way shape or form fair? At one point the first one swung at me 10 times in a row. That's loving dumb. Guess I'll have to learn how to parry them w/o taking damage, because even that is hard to do against this stupid poo poo.

Git gud etc.

Dodge behind them. They're extremely committed to their swings and leave themselves very open for a backstab. It's good to pick them off at range with a bow because fighting more than one at a time is sure death. Once you get past them the rest of the stage gets more manageable.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

So what are those freaky looking skeletal dragon things floating in the air in Lothric Castle? The things that shoot at you while fighting the Dragonslayer Armor. I beat the game and haven't found any indication of what they are or what they're doing.

Those are possibly the Angels Gertrude worshipped and her family imprisoned her over.

The sun is black because it's the dark sign.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Pilgrim butterflies.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

summon and pray he doesnt do the arrow rain move in his second phase because it's poo poo and you'll die. he's poo poo. aldrich is poo poo

Looking at his model, I'm pretty sure that's what he is. Like literally. He is literally poo poo (wearing a dress). gently caress Aldrich.

Also god damnit From Software, I finally get the Harpe and it uses the moveset of a regular dagger. It's a sickle which, according to the description has "the sharp edge on the inside".. and you stab with it. The curved, blunt end.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Do any weapons in this game have a native faith scaling of A at +10?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Nameless King phase one is the shittiest boss fight in the loving world, it's so awful

Aldrich is insanely trivial; when he does the arrow rain, dodge in squares, you'll take very little damage