Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Bobnumerotres posted:

ng+ spoiler: found a ring of favor +1..just there. unguarded. the gently caress considering how loving hard it is to get the normal ring what the hell from lmao

they changed the location of almost all the + versions of rings. some in random places, some in places that make sense lore-wise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

also, this game is basically perfect and it's still settling in how amazing it is. This is the first game since, hell, DS1, where I've felt like this was made just for me. the DLC is probably going to be so good I poo poo myself and die if I thikn about it too much.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

(late secret quest spoiler) well i guess that was the dark souls of marriages :stare:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

they changed the location of almost all the + versions of rings. some in random places, some in places that make sense lore-wise

ah alright. thats still rly lame tho..should have to beat those things on NG+ for it!!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think the pvp is some of the most fun i've had in souls games period because i always found the 1v1 dueling to be laggy and boring as poo poo

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

meant the max hp penalty

being able to invade topped out is such a good change though lol

I once used a red eye to get rid of a toxic status effect

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

I once used a red eye to get rid of a toxic status effect

ballin

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

(irithyll boss) aldrich is really easy once youve seen his moves once lol. that arrow rain can be a loving bitch though

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

ahhhh lmao https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf3Wj_d-aOE

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game is so good. i bitched about the pvp and i guess it sucks that theres no ~official arena~ like dks2, but you CAN be non-cindered and use invasion signs for straight 1v1 like net cafe mentioned. and NG+ is full of hot spots for that, many of the first bonfires in areas are perfect arenas lol

just sucks that if youre the one leaving invasion signs you might not get someone as nice as me ;)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

(irithyll boss) aldrich is really easy once youve seen his moves once lol. that arrow rain can be a loving bitch though

i don't understand how to avoid the second phase versh of that move. it's loving terrible

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hahahahaha

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so uh, is password dueling a thing? i wanna compare muscles with some Pimpz

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

guys this is the best game ever made.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Bobnumerotres posted:

so uh, is password dueling a thing? i wanna compare muscles with some Pimpz

hmm idk thats a good question. if youre on ps4 we can try

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i really want to make a strength character but i havent beaten the game yet.. im at the bridge wit the fire at lothric castle and i feel like im really close to the end but i want to make a greatsword guy right now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im on PC ng+, and incredibly handsome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

i really want to make a strength character but i havent beaten the game yet.. im at the bridge wit the fire at lothric castle and i feel like im really close to the end but i want to make a greatsword guy right now

you can respec at a hidden NPC in the cathedral, it involves a drop after an optional elevator

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

you can respec at a hidden NPC in the cathedral, it involves a drop after an optional elevator

yea i know about that but the main thing is i wanna play from the beginning.. thinking strength/faith.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

gently caress it im doing it. lothric castle can wait

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

yea i know about that but the main thing is i wanna play from the beginning.. thinking strength/faith.

this is the true path..

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the patches guy blocking the door, is me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

for those who havent been following my livejournal my first char was str+fth, i made a second char and he is ALSO str+fth, but w/ an expanded world view

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is still my fave pvp video lets see if dark souls 3 trumps it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MatBCZ47wOY

Soral
May 30, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i don't understand how to avoid the second phase versh of that move. it's loving terrible

just run around. that's all there is to it. after the first time i let it hit me it never happened again in all the like 20 times i fought that boss

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

chugging all your estus until you do the "oops all out" animation is a common practice in duels and i LOVE it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no pussy poo poo. lets duke it out motherfucker

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

helpful gamefaqs tip here..until they buff spell damage which may or may not happen, dont inc faith past 30 theres rly no point

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Death 23: Curse Rotted Greatwood

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lol sick

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

a Loving Dog posted:

hmm idk thats a good question. if youre on ps4 we can try

I'm on PS4 and very down to try to see if this works. You're talking a combination of red soapstone sign/password matching right? I'm mattnotgeorge on PS4 if you want to shoot me an add and coordinate this. Based on your posting you are way ahead of me in the game but apparently when you password co-op your level gets scaled to match the host's and Im also curious to see if the same happens with password'd red sign PVP as well (if that's even a thing?) -- so yeah add me up and let's figure this poo poo out

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Where do I get Kirk's Armor and the slavsquat?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I beat the curse rotted Greatwood. drat what a rush. What a RUSSSHHH. My insane pace

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Me and mad spirit Mark Rutzou

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Me and mad spirit Mark Rutzou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Where do I get Kirk's Armor and the slavsquat?

For the former have you finished Cathedral of the Deep yet? If you did it might be too late but if you're embered up in that central bottom floor basin area covered in water right between the two giants he'll invade toy. Not sure if he'll do so after you've beaten the Deacons but it's worth a shot. If by "slavsquat" you mean Patches' squat animations I have no idea how I got it but I have it and I assume it was via some combination of talking to him in Firelink/buying poo poo from him. For what it's worth I'm not super far in the game, only just made my way through the cathedral and barely explored both Boreal Valley and Smouldering lake

edit: oh ok I double checked the wiki. Assuming you killed Kurt already he doesn't directly drop his armor but if you warp to Rosaria's covenant area you'll find it on the ground there after he's dead. I guess that's where I grabbed it because I didn't figure out how to get to Rosaria's chambers until long after I had accomplished (I'm assuming) everything else there is to do in Cathedral of the Deep

goferchan fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Apr 19, 2016

• Locked thread