Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Was the 1.04 patch supposed to come out on consoles today? Because I'm not seeing an update on the PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Hamsterlady posted:

Another idea for how to fix Darkmoons: give you an ear any time you kill a red phantom while in the Darkmoon covenant. Even if they invade you or summon with a red sign.

There's a lot of easy ways to fix Blue covenants, but given that these exact same problems existed in DS2 and they never did poo poo about it and learned nothing from their mistakes (and actively made it worse no less) means there's little point in hoping for it to ever get fixed here either.

Nothing to be done for it :shrug:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Why is there a duplicate Firelink Shrine behind the Garden? What the gently caress. It gave me the Chaos Blade though, which is cool.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Captain Oblivious posted:

There's a lot of easy ways to fix Blue covenants, but given that these exact same problems existed in DS2 and they never did poo poo about it and learned nothing from their mistakes (and actively made it worse no less) means there's little point in hoping for it to ever get fixed here either.

Nothing to be done for it :shrug:

Here's hoping for an item dupe bug

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Digital_Jesus posted:

So since this seems to be a common "gotcha" for people.

After you kill your third lord of cinder and get insta-ported to the next fight, you can homeward bone out before you talk to and/or kill the NPC and start the boss.

Who would think to do that though unless they read about it in advance? it's ripe bullshit.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

NESguerilla posted:

Who would think to do that though unless they read about it in advance? it's ripe bullshit.

i did it, actually. I didn't know the boss was gonna show up, lady died and i was like welp, nothings happening yet and i didn't wanna run to the bonfire at vordt so i just homeward bone'd outa there.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

NESguerilla posted:

I used a homeward bone after the boss showed up.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Digital_Jesus posted:

Wait.. deacons have a second form? I just walked in with a sunbro and we double lightning stormed and they all just fell over. The whole fight took like 10 seconds.

The red light stops jumping from deacon to deacon and one of them becomes super pope that you have to attack to damage the life bar. They can do a tandem attack that shoots a dark magic ball and fog will start showing up that builds up the curse meter. They're so easy to beat up that you almost have to try to let them do it though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fashion Souls coming along nicely.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hamsterlady posted:

I used a homeward bone after the boss showed up.

I tried but I accidentally went to equip instead of inventory, fumbled around and got killed in one hit. I should probably put them on the quick use bar but I rarely use them.

I'm not one to cry over spilled souls but I felt kind of robbed of some hard earned $$$ there and 60k isn't anything to sneeze at in NG.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 19, 2016

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
Is Curved Storm Sword upgradable?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Weird how I want a bow of some sort now. All I could find was a Composite bow from the handmaiden, but I remember Geirat had a short bow i could buy. I just sent him to Ithyrill to pillage. He'll come back after a few boss kills, i'm sure.

thanks to spoilers, I know i got the short end of the stick here. Best part of all, I still sent him to Ithyill after knowing what would happen.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Your Computer posted:

Looking at his model, I'm pretty sure that's what he is. Like literally. He is literally poo poo (wearing a dress). gently caress Aldrich.

Consider for a moment that Aldrich is called the God Eater. Now think back to what past Souls characters wore a girly dress and did bullshit with a bow. :allears:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

NESguerilla posted:

Who indeed would think to return to level up after acquiring a large amount of souls.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Hamsterlady posted:

Here's hoping for an item dupe bug

Go offline and use cheat engine.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

voltcatfish posted:

Why is there a duplicate Firelink Shrine behind the Garden? What the gently caress. It gave me the Chaos Blade though, which is cool.

Optional boss (didn't know that at the time), vendor with some gear, that blade, a few other items. But I've got no idea why it's there either.

I got most of my 30 Sunlight Medals at that boss though.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
So tonight I had Way of the Blue on and instead of a Blue Sentinel it summoned a Blade of Darkmoon. The red ate them in about 10 seconds flat.

I also had a boss fight where me and one phantom entered, the other two phantoms outside fought and defeated two reds that did not de-summon when I entered the boss, and in fact one of them showed up after I had entered the boss due to dried fingers funny business and also because this game is totally bonked on PC.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Grinding for the Wolfbro covenant items is a pain in the rear end. I really want that poise ring.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

Who indeed would think to return to level up after acquiring a large amount of souls.

Oh give me a break. It shoots you right from one cutscene to the next and then to a boss. Something that has never happened in the series ever. There is no reason whatsoever to assume you have to homeward bone out of there within seconds. Don't act like a snob because you read about it before it happened.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
poise doesn't seem to do much so you may be disappointed.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
So what the heck is up with Sharp giving such weak DEX scaling? There's some DEX type weapons that scale better for STR with Heavy than they do with DEX on Sharp

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

Oh give me a break. It shoots you right from one cutscene to the next and then to a boss. Something that has never happened in the series ever. There is no reason whatsoever to assume you have to homeward bone out of there within seconds. Don't act like a snob because you read about it before it happened.

It doesn't shoot you to a boss if you're smart and decide to prepare before progressing further. There's every reason to assume that after getting a new item that is going to lead to the next big challenge, that you should be prepared for it.

I didn't read about it before it happened, either, luckily, I defeated Dancer on my first try. Right snobbish of me, that.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I think all I have left to do in the game now is beat the Nameless King

Is he the superboss I am expecting?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Tabletops posted:

i did it, actually. I didn't know the boss was gonna show up, lady died and i was like welp, nothings happening yet and i didn't wanna run to the bonfire at vordt so i just homeward bone'd outa there.

I died the first time then ran back in, grabbed my souls and boned out. FWIW the boss doesn't seem to start moving much until you hit it a few times so its pretty easy to cast the bone assuming you have some in your quick select

slev
Apr 6, 2009

This game is lacking a lot of tails getting chopped off

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Five respecs per game is bullshit because I keep coming up with dumb gimmick builds every five minutes

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Sunlight Straight sword owns so hard. It even appears to have Sacred Oath as its weapon art.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

He's one of the more challenging bosses, yes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

It doesn't shoot you to a boss if you're smart and decide to prepare before progressing further. There's every reason to assume that after getting a new item that is going to lead to the next big challenge, that you should be prepared for it.

I didn't read about it before it happened, either, luckily, I defeated Dancer on my first try. Right snobbish of me, that.

:lol: yeah it was super intuitive.

I'm impressed by your e peen though brah.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Nuebot posted:

Go offline and use cheat engine.

No cheat engine on PS4

voltcatfish posted:

The boss in the Untended Graves is harder, I think. The boss you're heading for is a fun one with a really lovely and annoying first phase.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Fuuuuck heavy broadsword makes this so easy. I can just stunlock everything... I blew through Irythill in like 20 minutes... maybe less... I did not have an optimal first playthrough, I realize now

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Hamsterlady posted:

The boss in the Untended Graves is harder, I think.

Ultimately, it all depends on your build. I had a breeze with Champ Gundyr but definitely struggled the first few times I fought Nameless King/King of Storms.

NESguerilla posted:

:lol: yeah it was super intuitive.

I'm impressed by your e peen though brah.

It is. When you need to prepare or level up, you're meant to not proceed, and go back to a bonfire/Firelink/Majula. This isn't some super new twist on the formula, it's the basic ebb and flow of how Dark Souls' gameplay has always been structured, and the entire risk/reward proposition the game is founded on.

I'm really sorry that you're too stupid to have grasped it three (five, really) games deep and I apologize profusely for being better at this videogame, smarter and more handsome than you.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Hamsterlady posted:

No cheat engine on PS4

That's exactly why the grinding in bloodborne was so awful.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Weird how I want a bow of some sort now. All I could find was a Composite bow from the handmaiden, but I remember Geirat had a short bow i could buy. I just sent him to Ithyrill to pillage. He'll come back after a few boss kills, i'm sure.

thanks to spoilers, I know i got the short end of the stick here. Best part of all, I still sent him to Ithyill after knowing what would happen.

It doesn't really matter - you can find his ashes and all the items he had before and would have if he survived can be purchased from the shrine maiden.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

It is. When you need to prepare, you're meant to not proceed, and go back to a bonfire/Firelink/Majula. This isn't some super new twist on the formula, it's the basic ebb and flow of how Dark Souls' gameplay has always been structured.

I'm really sorry that you're too stupid to have grasped it three (five, really) games deep and I apologize profusely for being better at this videogame, smarter and more handsome than you.

What are you even talking about with "being prepared" you loving idiot. You can't go back to a bonfire that's the whole point.

I don't even think that part of the game is that horrible, you are constantly just such an insufferable loving moron it's unreal.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I don't know whether I'm just good at Souls games now or whether the bosses in this game are particularly easy but the only bosses I died to more than twice were Twin Princes and Nameless King, and the former I wrecked on my first try in NG+ with a build that wasn't just two-handing a greatsword.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game and it's fantastic, but it really seems something on the short and easy side.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

What are you even talking about with "being prepared" you loving idiot. You can't go back to a bonfire that's the whole point.

Yes, you can. You do not need to fight Dancer without first going back to a bonfire. Or are you terrified of talking to old, dying women?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I'm the best at Dark Souls.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I'm the best at Dark Souls.

You...monster!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

FutonForensic posted:

Fuuuuck heavy broadsword makes this so easy. I can just stunlock everything... I blew through Irythill in like 20 minutes... maybe less... I did not have an optimal first playthrough, I realize now

I had to eventually make myself stop using the Broadsword because it makes a lot of fights kinda boring. All you do is wait for the first opening, run in, and spam R1 to stunlock pretty much every single enemy in the game to death. It's unarguably one of the best weapons in the game for just tearing through stuff, but it stops being fun pretty quickly when there's no reason to use a single other part of its moveset.

I have a lot more fun with GS / UGS, katanas, axes, and halberds. A lot of the GS movesets are very samey, which is a little disappointing, but there are tons of cool movesets hidden in the pile and the game gives you enough easy access to upgrade mats to let you mess around with a whole bunch of them.