Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Guavanaut posted:

Europol poster.

Oof, steady on there mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Different Opinion Haver

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Different opinions are fine so long as they are not wrong, avoid having wrong opinions.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

Different Opinion Haver

Wow, let's not get too virulent here.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
no one talks about twat as a gendered insult because the oval office controversy is imported wholesale from america

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

XMNN posted:

no one talks about twat as a gendered insult because the oval office controversy is imported wholesale from america

Also, Americans can't pronounce twat properly.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The body has formally been identified as the junior doctor who left a suicide note blaming Jeremy Hunt.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

I don't see the benefit in lying to people in this thread about this. She didn't blame Jeremy Hunt in her suicide note.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

feedmegin posted:

Liberal.
Roast Beef Monster Munch Guzzler.
Stephen Fry.

Borgie
Landlord
Redditor

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

I don't see the benefit in lying to people in this thread about this. She didn't blame Jeremy Hunt in her suicide note.

Given that we don't know what was in her suicide note, claiming she didn't blame Hunt is lying about things just as much as anything Tesseraction claimed.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Given that we don't know what was in her suicide note, claiming she didn't blame Hunt is lying about things just as much as anything Tesseraction claimed.

We don't have the text but this

quote:

The BBC has previously reported that it understood she had left a note to loved ones. The broadcaster said it believed the contents of the note “were mainly related to personal issues, but there was a passing reference to health secretary Jeremy Hunt”. At the time, a spokesman for Devon and Cornwall police said: “We would not speculate on any contents of any note.”

From the last time this story was posted gives no impression that she 'blamed' Hunt for committing suicide.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

It was probably "word to my man J Hunt" or something

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I thought it was at least 'mentioned' in the note? *
This opens the possibility that she was depressed that the contract was being rejected by her peers, and she wished JH all the best with his efforts. Or maybe the highlight of her career had been when she once was in the same room as Jeremy (whom she loved from afar), and nothing in life could compare to that now he was hiding from junior doctors such as she...
Or, just maybe, the extra pressures on her due to that fuckwit meant she no longer felt able to cope? Nah, that would just be silly.

* I am usually wrong about these things though.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

We don't have the text but this

From the last time this story was posted gives no impression that she 'blamed' Hunt for committing suicide.

Right, I worded it badly but what I was getting at was that speculating on the contents of a suicide note based on, at best, second hand hearsay is never a good look either way.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pissflaps posted:

I wouldn't blame him either. He should probably try something less drastic like retiring first though.

Oh dear clone
Apr 8, 2016

Pissflaps posted:

It does give that impression (because why else would you mention Jeremy Hunt in a suicide note?), we just don't know for sure.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Right, I worded it badly but what I was getting at was that speculating on the contents of a suicide note based on, at best, second hand hearsay is never a good look either way.

Yet you're taking issue with me, who didn't, rather than Tesseraction, who did?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Gove and Hunt should swap first names. That'd be good for a laugh or two.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

Yet you're taking issue with me, who didn't, rather than Tesseraction, who did?

No, but I'm phone posting and quoting two posts in one reply is a huge pain, so I just quoted yours. I should have made it clearer.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Pork Pie Hat posted:

No, but I'm phone posting and quoting two posts in one reply is a huge pain, so I just quoted yours. I should have made it clearer.

You should have made it clearer by quoting the post you had a problem with, not the one you don't.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

McDragon posted:

Gove and Hunt should swap first names. That'd be good for a laugh or two.

What's funny about Jeremy Gove?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Pissflaps posted:

You should have made it clearer by quoting the post you had a problem with, not the one you don't.

Do you have to have a drawn out pedantic spat off the back of a woman's death?

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

You'll see from my first post that I had an issue with both posts hence

quote:

... is lying about things just as much as anything Tesseraction claimed.

which actually seems pretty clear.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

You do know suicide notes don't actually get written with poo poo like "My name's Rose and Cunty Hunty is why I'm gonna breathe water." The passing reference was probably along the lines of "and with the new contract being brought in I won't even have time to cope."

She was obviously depressed, hence the suicide. It's not like she was completely happy with everything in her life then heard about Jeremy Hunt's new contract and went "all right, time to get in the sea!" while smiling psychopathically as she submerged beneath the waves.

AKA

OzyMandrill posted:

This opens the possibility that she was depressed that the contract was being rejected by her peers, and she wished JH all the best with his efforts. Or maybe the highlight of her career had been when she once was in the same room as Jeremy (whom she loved from afar), and nothing in life could compare to that now he was hiding from junior doctors such as she...
Or, just maybe, the extra pressures on her due to that fuckwit meant she no longer felt able to cope? Nah, that would just be silly.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Puntification posted:

How rich was she?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Puntification posted:

Do you even need to ask?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Puntification posted:

*adjusts fedora* um logically she would only have mentioned jeremy hunt in a completely unrelated context in a suicide note

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

*adjusts fedora* um logically she would only have mentioned jeremy hunt in a completely unrelated context in a suicide note

Don't get me wrong, if Hunt is mentioned in her note then it's highly probable that she laid some blame at his door. After all, she was a doctor.

It's just that personally, I think it's a bit grim to speculate about the contents of a suicide note that we only know the contents of second hand.

That isn't to say that I think her family should release the contents of the note either.

There are many other ways of attacking Jeremy Hunt's callous ineptitude that don't involve a tragic suicide.

e: loving hell, I'm Prince John, aren't I?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

It's pretty crass to suggest someone's suicide could be reduced to one single cause. Really it won't be that simplistic.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Puntification posted:

If refusing to nod along while people fabricate stories is pedantic then i'm comfortable with that.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It was more the ambiguity of my words than an intentional claim on my part that Hunt was the sole cause - she was probably in a bad enough place that something else would have been the cause had this contract dispute not taken place. If he was the straw that broke the camel's back he may have merely been one of several potential straws.

Heisenberg1276
Apr 13, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq-pDjrs-FA

I could see this changing the mayor race...

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Heisenberg1276 posted:

:stare:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
Another punishment shooting by dissident Republicans, this time in Derry http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/19/new-ira-blamed-man-shot-in-legs-in-creggan-Derry it strikes me that they are fully trying to reclaim the control the Provos had over there communities and its disgusting we should be past this.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Heisenberg1276 posted:

The lyrics are terrifyingly bad. It's also way past pandering and moved into racist. 'oh we can never convince these people so let's throw together a song about what a great guy Zac is in their language so they understand'

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Simon Danczuck has been ordered to repay nearly £12,000 he falsely claimed for living expenses.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/722101052007452673

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/722100438947012609

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/722100130543968257

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfsWoNpHg2s

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
This is bad for Corbyn

Adbot