Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

He's back!

I dunno how Tumblrs messaging system works but a while ago I messaged you about the bigass dead forest on the other road that goes through that park, not sure if you saw it/replied but I forgot about it till just now, did you go there? I didn't have a camera when I went and it was a really cool area, when I saw your Koscisuko pics on flickr I was hoping you'd got something? It was just past dead horse gap.

I'd go back now but it's a 3200km round trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

SMERSH Mouth posted:

What was your light source here? Looks kind of magenta/blue. I've been doing DSLR 'scanning' for a minute now and am starting to recognize some of the issues that come with it, like camera color bias, and the fact that, with slide film especially, backlight color is hard to correct for. My velvia shot above was very blue when I looked at the .cr2 and I tried to correct it, but I think the final effect is a little unnatural, even for velvia.

I just had light coming in through the window but it does seem quite blue. What is your setup for dslr scanning?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Good to see you're back.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

He's back!

I dunno how Tumblrs messaging system works but a while ago I messaged you about the bigass dead forest on the other road that goes through that park, not sure if you saw it/replied but I forgot about it till just now, did you go there? I didn't have a camera when I went and it was a really cool area, when I saw your Koscisuko pics on flickr I was hoping you'd got something? It was just past dead horse gap.

I'd go back now but it's a 3200km round trip.

I got your message and did reply - Tumblr's messaging system when you use "ask" is terrible, the new messaging feature is a bit more useful.

We did drive through there, it was amazing but it was the middle of the day with harsh sun so I only took one photo and it was kinda meh. I wish I had more time but that's the problem with road trips, sometimes you just have to keep moving.

Spedman posted:

Good to see you're back.

Thanks!

deaders fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Apr 18, 2016

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

233 NE 60th, 1969 by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

I also am glad you're back!

MrBlandAverage fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 19, 2016

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
What the heck's that vertical line?

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

BANME.sh posted:

What the heck's that vertical line?

Telephone/cable line.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Hanley Swan

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

deaders and the mavica, these are the glory days of the landscape thread :dance:

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Going traveling for 6 months, so I picked up a Lumix G7, trying to teach myself how to be a slightly better than terrible photographer.

Still need a lot of work at the point of taking the photo so I'm not destroying it in the post process.

PushingKingston
Feb 25, 2005

What a BEARtiful face I have found in this place that is circling all round the sun.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

ddiddles posted:

Going traveling for 6 months, so I picked up a Lumix G7, trying to teach myself how to be a slightly better than terrible photographer.

Still need a lot of work at the point of taking the photo so I'm not destroying it in the post process.

Few steps to the right and it wouldn't be a horrible photo.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

Nice.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Crisp.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
tasman pano 1 by alex gard, on Flickr

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Peakhurst by Michael Garbutt, on Flickr

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

gently caress yeah

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

2828-2846 NE Irving, 1972 by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 19, 2016

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

me, me, me, me etc. by Enver Hoxha, on Flickr
my posting station!!

Connect the Glocks by Enver Hoxha, on Flickr

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Bellahoj gas pressure regulator, Copenhagen

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

crap nerd fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 19, 2016

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

nice

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Went for a walk in the lovely part of town that's being gentrified.

Kyiv_April-13.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Kyiv_April-1.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Kyiv_April-10.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Kyiv_April-60.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Marman1209
Jun 14, 2005
NonSequar got me this account for no damned reason.

Boats by Narmmm, on Flickr

Boat by Narmmm, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

That sky colour... really nice.

This was in NSW just before the New Year.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

deaders posted:

I got your message and did reply - Tumblr's messaging system when you use "ask" is terrible, the new messaging feature is a bit more useful.

We did drive through there, it was amazing but it was the middle of the day with harsh sun so I only took one photo and it was kinda meh. I wish I had more time but that's the problem with road trips, sometimes you just have to keep moving.

Thanks!

I was there for a week, and my friend that did have a camera didn't shoot it at all.It's such an eerie spot, I hope a fire or something doesn't destroy it before i go back there

Heres a v bad photo of the type of thing we are talking about for the rest of you guys. Imagine a green luscious forest turning into that almost instantly on a windy mountain road

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

They made a sequel to God's Not Dead?

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Untitled by Tom Olson, on Flickr

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Wafflecopper posted:

gently caress yeah

Honest question and simply because I am trying to improve my eye. What is it that draws you to your conclusion for that photo?

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

These are just lovely, especially the second one.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Honest question and simply because I am trying to improve my eye. What is it that draws you to your conclusion for that photo?

The palette first and foremost, but I dig the balanced composition and symmetry too. The square crop is a good choice for the shot. It's subjective though, just because I like a shot doesn't mean you have to as well, I'm just a dude on a forum.

e: Just in case you're not following it already, you should definitely have a look at the Photo a Day thread. It unfortunately moves quite slowly but it's a great thread for serious discussion and critique about photos and what makes them good/bad, whereas as much as I love this thread, it's more high-fiving and less discussion.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 21, 2016

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I wouldn't call PAD a great thread for serious discussion.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

ansel autisms posted:

I wouldn't call PAD a great thread

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Well. Well then. Lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

I'm pretty sure that thread is counter productive because the critiques are even worse than the photos.