Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Hmmm the car pack trailer got taken down from Youtube for containing BBC content, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Meh. Supercars are boring, "The all new XXX" is boring, the XJS is the only car i care about on that list.

I want the honda fit and chevy spark back, I'm becoming a cubavore-esque forza 4 fan now.

Forza 4 remains my favorite for the community features, not really the car list. Forza 6 has the best car list of any game of this kind to date as far as I'm concerned. Although I really, really miss my beloved Tesla Roadster and my not-beloved Spada Codatronca.

Also this new car pack is poo.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 5, 2016

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Sorry you hate cool and fast cars

I'm so jazzed for the Jag and the FXX K

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Forza 6 would be perfect for me if it had the fictional tracks from Forza 4.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I want my MG, Fiero, and Roadster

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Meh. Supercars are boring,
Pfft, says you. I like them as long as there's room for creativity in tuning them up to 900.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just a heads up, this pack is not apart of the Season Pass. I thought it would be, I was clearly not paying attention. It cost $7.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

Forza 4 remains my favorite for the community features, not really the car list. Forza 6 has the best car list of any game of this kind to date as far as I'm concerned. Although I really, really miss my beloved Tesla Roadster and my not-beloved Spada Codatronca.

Also this new car pack is poo.

I dont get why they straight up dropped car clubs, in 4 and horizon you rarely saw a gamertag that wasnt a member of one. Same goes for having a storefront that you know, works.

The one track I miss though is suzuka :qq:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

holocaust bloopers posted:

Sorry you hate cool and fast cars

I'm so jazzed for the Jag and the FXX K

Modern supercars just hold zero appeal to me. I really can't even force myself to like their styling at all. Factor in that they are so reliant on computerized things that Forza does not model at all, and yeah, no thanks. Give me an F40 over any supercar made in the last twenty years.

The Jag is cool though.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Just a heads up, this pack is not apart of the Season Pass. I thought it would be, I was clearly not paying attention. It cost $7.
Yeah I found this out too. The FXX is P class and that's basically a catch-all for so many disparate cars (I swear the difference between 930 and 970 an 999 is exponential). Not sure I'll buy this one.

Cubey posted:

Modern supercars just hold zero appeal to me. I really can't even force myself to like their styling at all. Factor in that they are so reliant on computerized things that Forza does not model at all, and yeah, no thanks. Give me an F40 over any supercar made in the last twenty years.
The F40 was actually the go-to car last time I raced S Early Supercars even though I alternated between the F1 and F1 GT. R and P are still entirely driveable with nothing but TCS since controller steering is adding a lot of those supercar assists back in.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 5, 2016

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Cubey posted:

The Jag is cool though.

I mean I'll take an F40 over literally everything. It's a goddamn F40.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Cubey posted:

The Jag is cool though.

I dont care about cars in that class because if i'm looking for that level of performance the question of "sound system" "exclusivity" and "Protection from the weather" are not a concern. YMMV. I lust after a Caterham with a hot engine, but i wouldnt take any Audi R8 for free.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

The reason I'm not jazzed about modern supercars is because they rely so heavily on their assists (even with they're turned 'off'), you can pretty much guarantee that it's not going to feel like the car would actually drive.

So it's just another cockpit.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I have yet to find any car that feels like how driving with an Xbox One controller stick feels, you're correct.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I maxed out my Hennesey affinity and started messing around with the other hypercars (TCS only) and they all feel very different. Oddly enough my favourite was probably the Veneno even though I still made a mistake at the very end of Seabring that cost me the podium. Maybe it's because my tune was still fast while being a world easier to control than a 9.9/6.4/9.4/6.3 Venom. The Lambo AWD also helps keep the end from fishing out like the Lykan and Huayra.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
The Veneno was the first Lambo I ever drove (this was FM5 or FH2) that I felt actually could be easily tuned to both brake and turn while still being very fast.
I absolutely love that car.

I think I put a lot of effort into recreating the stripes so I could use it in another color, probably in FH2.

Here it is. I loved the Veneno but I wanted one that didn't look stock. Those stripes were a pain:

Here's another older Lambo that i thought handled well, it was a DLC car and I forget what it was called:

Also, while looking for it I think I found the closest Rivals loss I maybe have have ever seen:

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 7, 2016

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The Veneno is a good car for R class and has a poo poo-load of grip. Don't be a chump; swap out that 4WD for RWD so the thing actually turns. Don't worry, it's still driveable.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

L_Harrison posted:

The Veneno is a good car for R class and has a poo poo-load of grip. Don't be a chump; swap out that 4WD for RWD so the thing actually turns. Don't worry, it's still driveable.
Good idea. I left it AWD in FH2 for the silly offroad stuff. I think in FH2 every car I tuned was AWD for the cross-country crap.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

See? Forza is to realistic
http://i.imgur.com/MfH8sAF.webm

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
What in the serious gently caress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FJ1_nX7IM

(Its cool but when classics like the Chevy Spark, the FC RX-7 and the 00's GTO are omitted, tie-in marketing from a wildly successful months-old game seems kinda wasteful. Also Jay Leno's real-life turbine car would have done the same thing)

New assist option: Manual fuel-rod cooling control

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 18, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Give me the Fiero

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

MattD1zzl3 posted:

What in the serious gently caress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FJ1_nX7IM

(Its cool but when classics like the Chevy Spark, the FC RX-7 and the 00's GTO are omitted, tie-in marketing from a wildly successful months-old game seems kinda wasteful. Also Jay Leno's real-life turbine car would have done the same thing)

New assist option: Manual fuel-rod cooling control

I believe that was announced along with the truck back when Fallout came out, I guess they didn't get around to finishing it until now.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It's also a fairly pointless car. Insane speed for S class but you basically need to run Old Mulsanne in order to hit it. Not much in the way of tuning options aside from weight and tires and the racing weight reduction alone puts it into low-end R.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Undoubtedly in the fallout future of 2070 they would be racing on massive 5 mile maglev ovals hitting 500

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The Venom is only 40km/h slower than the fastest ship in the original F-Zero (unboosted of course).

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

Has anyone had problems joining JUST Forza MP?

It usually bombs out on the whole "Generating an Exemplary Connection" screen, but every once in a while I get to "Unable to join lobby". This persists after reboots, and rebooting my modem. The Xbone's online tests all come back OK. I also get all of my rewards.

I can join MP matches in other games just fine.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

PhancyPants posted:

Has anyone had problems joining JUST Forza MP?

It usually bombs out on the whole "Generating an Exemplary Connection" screen, but every once in a while I get to "Unable to join lobby". This persists after reboots, and rebooting my modem. The Xbone's online tests all come back OK. I also get all of my rewards.

I can join MP matches in other games just fine.

Forza 6 is the only game I have multiplayer problems with.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Cross posting from the GTCC thead, we recently moved our night to thursday from wednesday, join if you are cool with emotional baggage handling and occasional bentron. (call your doctor if your erection lasts more than 4 hours)

MattD1zzl3 posted:

This Thursday night!!!

Car list:

1967 Brabham BT24 1,200,000 CR S 774
1967 Lotus Type 49 1,200,000 CR S 775
1967 Honda RA300 FREE S 767
1966 McLaren M2B 1,200,000 CR S 748
1968 Eagle T1G 1,200,000 CR S 766

Modify to S-780, Vintage-looking original liveries encouraged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33w2hPO7t1g

Thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3767041

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 22, 2016

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

GutBomb posted:

Forza 6 is the only game I have multiplayer problems with.

Thanks to forum favourite Geeves for the solution, it turns out you just need to physically unplug your xbox for a couple minutes to make Forza MP work.

...this fuckin' game...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Forza MP is stuck in old person mode. It expects you to unplug it every time a storm comes through. All the crossbone needs is a flashing "12:00" on the front.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

PhancyPants posted:

Thanks to forum favourite Geeves for the solution, it turns out you just need to physically unplug your xbox for a couple minutes to make Forza MP work.

...this fuckin' game...

Yeah I do it before every gtcc night and it works for me.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
When you own an xbox, you accept little things like having to hard reset it before every race, voice chat not working, and the DVD drive no longer reading discs. its like being a rotary owner.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

MattD1zzl3 posted:

When you own an xbox, you accept little things like having to hard reset it before every race, voice chat not working, and the DVD drive no longer reading discs. its like being a rotary owner.

I'd agree with this guy but he did say a Chevy Spark and a 00's GTO were "classics" at one point so

(Mine does the same poo poo but also include 'won't turn on with the controller/the controller won't connect to a turned-on xbox without a hard reset every 3 times you power it up'.) More like owning an MG.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MattD1zzl3 posted:

My rotary was much less of a headache than my Xbox One. It's more like, say a Maserati Biturbo.

My favorite recent Xbox One feature has been any time someone adds me as a friend, it tells me for weeks. Every time I sign on, new notification telling me the same person added me as a friend, and it'll happen 4 or 5 times throughout a single session of gaming. Real good stuff.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Heh, I'm the opposite. Never tells me when people add me. But it tells me every time I turn the fucker on that I have a 2TB drive attached and that's where my games are!!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

MattD1zzl3 posted:

...the DVD drive no longer reading discs.
I started having this problem a long time ago. I was switching between physical copies of FM5 and SoM.

I found that if I went into apps and completely uninstalled the BluRay Player app, unplugged the console for a bit, then booted and reinstalled it, that would sometimes fix the problem for awhile. I told M$ about it and asked them to fix it and they told me to pay them or gently caress off.

I explained that the problem began before I was out of warranty (I had even called them about it then) and I was only three weeks out of warranty. As a good company, they should take care of this for me for free, especially considering how I would have to reinstall hundreds of GBs of digital games.

I poo poo you not, the response to this was, "Fixing your XBox for free would be unfair to everyone who is still under warranty."

I have maybe had more fun with the XBox One than any other console (debatable, sure) but poo poo like that and Voice Chat angries up my Old Man blood.

Luckily I am back at work and kicking rear end, so I barely have any time for gaming anymore.

I really did want the XBox Forza Edition :( but instead I followed GutBomb's lead and bought a big external SSD to install to. And yes, now my first message every time I log on is "Your External Storage is Ready." FFFFFFFFFF

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
So once your DVD drive starts to be awful, there's no other recourse but to buddy up with someone*, share passwords, make each other's xbox your 'home' xbox, buy only digital games and then get double the games for your money since both accounts now can share digitally purchased games.

*you need to be able to trust this person or y'know, post about the results if you don't and go ahead with this anyway

Even though this console is objectively worse in 97 ways than the one they based it on, I still think it's great and I enjoy the xbox one, the third xbox they called it the one. PS: have you seen how much RAM lol

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The fix for the dvd drive is to hold onto the disc for a second when the drive "catches" it.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Also if you spit when you blow into the nintendo cartridge it actually helps because that moisture helps conduct the electrodes to the cartridgidutdeinal lines on the bank of RAM that is contained in your average NES cartridge (not Zelda though)

The fix for mine is to try it from 1-300 times until it works, altering the angle, holding it, yelling 'gently caress you xbox one', etc.

I did say it was like an MG

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
As much as it pains and upsets me (I miss my ultimate editions with extra books and swag and stuff), I went digital-only after only buying two physical XBox One (the third XBox) games (Shadows of Mordor, which I enjoyed from start to finish, and FM5, which grew as the console itself grew).
I went to digital because of the flaky BluRay drive only. Although load times have improved with the SSD. On the other hand, I miss the digital-version discounts.

I have this long-ish list of digital games that I have barely even touched:

GTAV (I nearly finished it on the 360, so I'm not sure I'll ever get around to starting over... someone at work convinced me to buy this),
Batman Arkham Knight with a bunch of DLC addons and expansions,
Alien: Isolation,
FM6,
FH2 + Fast & Furious,
The Witcher 3, which might be my favorite, but I'm right near the end and I'm afraid of loving it up and getting a downer ending,
Rory McIlory PGA Tour - what a disappointment, but it's improved some since launch and I have had fun with it,
some free Games with Gold like Tomb Raider:Defiinitive Edition that I'll probably never play,
Star Wars Battlefront, just for the visuals and sounds really... I love flying X-Wings around (the multiplayer may be awful but it really does capture the SW experience well),
Project Cars (almost never played it at all),
and a few things I forgot were there like DOOM, Super Time Force, and Crimson Dragon.

I leave FM5 in the drive since it's still reading the disc and I can go there to nab my rewards and import designs to FM6.

I'm eager to see where they go with FH3 and I really need to finish The Witcher, but all I do with my XBox is build and race cars in the leagues late at night when I have time. I suppose I should launch a bunch of these games and let them update.

holocaust bloopers posted:

The fix for the dvd drive is to hold onto the disc for a second when the drive "catches" it.
Has that worked for anyone else? I'd hate to go buy something and not be able to launch it.

Great post, EF.

Edit to say I just launched PGA Tour to see if it had an update. It does. 7.8GB. :suicide: I hope it's new courses or something nice.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 24, 2016

• Locked thread