Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I guess it is pretty ridiculous they had multiple updates of SF4 and never fixed that issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

what the gently caress is this garbagé

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I finally beat survival with Laura

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Bloodly posted:

I think I'm missing one...

SVC Chaos?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Wasn't SVC Chaos the game where you had to walk backwards with Guile if you wanted to throw a boom

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Lemon-Lime posted:

Actually, it's extremely good.
"people really like guile's theme! it's iconic and great! how do we re-arrange it for sfv?"
"how about we gently caress it all up and make it sound like a maroon 5 track and then strip away the core melody?"
"sounds good, book it"

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Goodpart posted:

"people really like guile's theme! it's iconic and great! how do we re-arrange it for sfv?"
"how about we gently caress it all up and make it sound like a maroon 5 track and then strip away the core melody?"
"sounds good, book it"

shouldve just used the song it was stolen from instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1vwlTZ5EGQ

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

the most important thing to know if sf5 is truly, truly irredeemable or not is if guile has eyebrows though

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
He does not.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Cat Machine posted:

Wasn't SVC Chaos the game where you had to walk backwards with Guile if you wanted to throw a boom

N-no

Rrrret's batterl

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Goodpart posted:

"sounds good, book it"

Terrible idea UNTIL you consider that they might sell classic themes later down the line.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Logged on, bought some costumes with my fight money, logged off. Nothing else to do. Game is still incomplete and bad.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm playing exclusively Casual just because I don't want people ragequitting on me...WHY ARE THERE STILL A WHOLE BUNCH OF MOTHERFUCKERS THAT RAGEQUIT IN CASUAL OF ALL PLACES?!
It pisses me off so much. Come the gently caress on Capcom, do something about it.

RanKizama posted:

Logged on, bought some costumes with my fight money, logged off. Nothing else to do. Game is still incomplete and bad.

The game itself is great. It's just that everything surrounding it, the netcode, servers, matchmaking, ragequitting, etc. is total garbage.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Apr 19, 2016

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

I'm playing exclusively Casual just because I don't want people ragequitting on me...WHY ARE THERE STILL A WHOLE BUNCH OF MOTHERFUCKERS THAT RAGEQUIT IN CASUAL OF ALL PLACES?!
It pisses me off so much. Come the gently caress on Capcom, do something about it.

Why do you let it get to you? If people rage quit you won, not only have you won but won in such a way you have made your opponent angry enough to rage quit. Revel in it.

RanKizama posted:

I get the lack of modes was dumb from a sales point of view but cmon, no one who takes these games even remotely seriously cares about anything but training mode and online.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Apr 19, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

RanKizama posted:

Did you consider fighting some people online

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

Why do you let it get to you? If people rage quit you won, not only have you won but won in such a way you have made your opponent angry enough to rage quit. Revel in it.

I guess it's because I don't get the victroly screen and my autism makes me feel like I didn't get the actual win cause the numbers don't go up. You're totally correct though.
I guess I need a street fighter therapist.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Help Im Alive posted:

Did you consider fighting some people online

Yeah. Bad servers and lovely rage quitters abound. At least in MKX if someone ditches you the get a Quittality. SFV is already pretty sub-par. The fact that the community is pretty terrible as well only made it that much worse. Think I might just trade it in even though I spent money on the game and season pass because I had hoped for better. Oh well.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
drat it, I was so hyped for Guile then they had to go and gently caress up his theme. The one thing you gotta get right.

Oh, Capcom!

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

RanKizama posted:

I bought KOFXIII for a fraction of SFVs price and it has modes out the rear end, you should try that

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Historically there's some good evidence that you should not get preemptively excited about anything SFV promises you.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Play Killer Instinct, it's a good game!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Well, at least they gave us a decent version of Jazzy NYC.

This is what Guile's theme should have been (minus the vocals):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2w-eVRnxsI

Basically 80s as gently caress. Like, it has to be Guile's theme mixed with Step into the Danger Zone and I am a Real American.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

StabMasterArson posted:

I bought KOFXIII for a fraction of SFVs price and it has modes out the rear end, you should try that
KOF has always felt like Street Fighter's slow, retarded cousin to me but I also haven't played it in years. Maybe I'll rent it through Gamefly or something.

Baal posted:

Play Killer Instinct, it's a good game!
If they port it to PS4, then sure.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

KOF is significantly faster and better

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Kof13 with all of its flaws is much better than SF5 will ever be

Play 98989898 it's the real god kof thanks

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
what did they do to guile's theme

why

capcom this will not stand

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
The only good character theme from Street Fighter 2 is Sagat's. Like half of them sound the same, anyway

EDIT: Cammy's is also fine, I guess

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ag Bengip posted:

The only good character theme from Street Fighter 2 is Sagat's. Like half of them sound the same, anyway

Wtf

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ag Bengip posted:

You can argue with me if you want. I think they should add El Fuerte

Ag Bengip posted:

You're terrible and your opinions are terrible, next strike is third strike and that's the worst strike.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

For at least Ryu, Ken, Boxer, Cammy and Guile she went "That was dope, I'm going to write that tune again"

Dias posted:

You're terrible and your opinions are terrible, next strike is third strike and that's the worst strike.

That's not nice :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dumping on Shimomura's music has to be about one of the dumbest opinions I've seen

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Baal posted:

Dumping on Shimomura's music has to be about one of the dumbest opinions I've seen

This seems to be the one thing the thread can agree upon mostly

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Ag Bengip posted:

Street Fighters 2's music is really highly regarded and seen as some of the best of the entire genre, hell even that entire generation.

Ag Bengip posted:

For at least Ryu, Ken, Boxer, Cammy and Guile she went "That was dope, I'm going to write that tune again"

WTF? Do you even have ears?

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I mean, it's not awful. To me it's all passable, but not much more than that. Sagat's theme is great.

Street Fighter EX had the best music.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Booyah- posted:

i mean its easier to enjoy the game when you have a mental block about the severe problems that exist with it. im sure ignorance is bliss but when you are playing a variety of fighting games on fightcade, the sfv input lag and netcode (with friends) are too big to overlook. its fine to love the game if you don't notice these things, but expressing dislike about them is just as valid if not moreso

Not saying that view isn't valid - quite the opposite, as I've been making that qualifier every time I talk about this, but using this thread as a measure of SFV's popularity can be a little misleading; it's still the most intensely-negative place I've seen the game discussed.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0l1GUzJRj4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYqyJiizxwY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9X2GN87F18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hoDLFKoqyk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuu3w1H0jMg

"The same theme" - Some loving scrub on the internet

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Now that I listen to them, the SNES arrangements are admittedly slightly more varied than the arcade ST ones I'm used to hearing. I still find those five compositions quite interchangeable, though.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Sakura's EX theme is really good.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
At least no one is making GBS threads on the 3rd strike soundtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

beats in my head