Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Took my barriss/lum/JC/ahsoka/qgj squad all the way through GW today on auto with manual targeting without losing a toon. Started taking limited control at node 6 to generally ice the first dude. Retreated and started over on a couple. One dooku led squad with sid gave me some issues due to impotently flopping my light saber dicks in front of sid. Took about 30 mins. I am 74 with barriss skills maxed and all G8 with only the 50 stack gear remaining.

doogle posted:

(I also have IG86 and Yoda at 7* but they are level 1)

I've been playing since day 1 but basically just chose characters to level that I liked instead of who was good. I use Phasma(L)/Lumi/Sid/QGJ/Ahsoka as my main team, but plan on replacing Ahsoka with Kylo after I get his skills higher and using my cantina energy to get dooku to 7* after Kylo. I am using the tokens to get IG88 shards (6* right now), daka (4*), and poggle (5*). I'm having problems with GW usually on the last two battles, and usually stay sub-200 on arena.

Is Kylo the only dude that can get gear 9 right now without unobtainable pieces? I'm about half way to have the Mk5 stun gun to get him to gear 9.
Yoda is probably the easiest to get to G9. GS is also commonly G9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Sucks having to blow all my credits on leveling toons again. I have 7* upgrades waiting for savage, ahsoka and dooku and 5* upgrades waiting for biggs and Resistance pilot.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

doogle posted:

(I also have IG86 and Yoda at 7* but they are level 1)

I've been playing since day 1 but basically just chose characters to level that I liked instead of who was good. I use Phasma(L)/Lumi/Sid/QGJ/Ahsoka as my main team, but plan on replacing Ahsoka with Kylo after I get his skills higher and using my cantina energy to get dooku to 7* after Kylo. I am using the tokens to get IG88 shards (6* right now), daka (4*), and poggle (5*). I'm having problems with GW usually on the last two battles, and usually stay sub-200 on arena.

Is Kylo the only dude that can get gear 9 right now without unobtainable pieces? I'm about half way to have the Mk5 stun gun to get him to gear 9.

Fives can also reach Gear 9, in addition to the ones the guy above me mentioned.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
If you had the purple dildo mk5 precrafted, Mace Windu is able to reach gear X at 78.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Old Greedo could get to gear9 at level 70, I'm like 25 handcuffs from gear10 on him but getting rg gear first. If I understand correctly you can't fill his gear9 page now but when they changed gear requirements you got credit for filled slots.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

Old Greedo could get to gear9 at level 70, I'm like 25 handcuffs from gear10 on him but getting rg gear first. If I understand correctly you can't fill his gear9 page now but when they changed gear requirements you got credit for filled slots.

But enough about your sex life

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Plo Koon was able to hit Gear 9 before the level update also. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a person or two who can hit 10.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

Nope, still trash. Maybe for that arena stall team, but now that they increased animation speed, it's probably killable in 5 minutes.

Figures. One thing I will say is I ran into a jkg, lumi, rg, 5's squad led by dooku and between the heals and rg/jkg passives working together it was a loving nightmare. I think if I see another rg/jkg combo I am just going to pass on that team.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

:smuggo:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I love it when a Yoda comes together. Lately I've been having him share Foresight early in the battle rather than waiting to accumulate more buffs, because a whole round of whiffs from the opponent is fun to watch.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So is it just me or is targeting when doing auto completely hosed? My dudes will stay on target for like one round then totally go off the rails so I have to keep selecting the dude I want dead.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Purple dildos are really hard to come by. I've been spending all my energy for like the last four days trying to get a stack of 20.

MarcusSA posted:

So is it just me or is targeting when doing auto completely hosed? My dudes will stay on target for like one round then totally go off the rails so I have to keep selecting the dude I want dead.
QGJ will swap to a target with a buff when he uses his dispel skill. I imagine other toons do the same.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
There's a recurring bug with target switching which seems to have snuck back in in the latest patch. Hopefully they'll fix it (again) soon.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I was finally able to Auto GW almost to the end. gently caress it its close enough for me I'm not wasting my time trying to get it perfect. Maybe they will fix it one day to be more fun.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes - Maybe they will fix it one day to be more fun

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Syrinxx posted:

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes - Maybe they will fix it one day to be more fun

Mods?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Guilds patch coming out this Sunday.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

Guilds patch coming out this Sunday.

Cool.

Do we have a guild name thought out yet?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

E: Well, nevermind. After 10 minutes of loving around with things, google just decided to give me everything back. I don't understand how this works. It was repeatedly logging me in with my Google Play ID but with a level 2 account instead of my level 61 account.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Apr 19, 2016

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

I was finally able to Auto GW almost to the end. gently caress it its close enough for me I'm not wasting my time trying to get it perfect. Maybe they will fix it one day to be more fun.

Just love the whole concept of, "The most fun I can have is to not play it, soon I hope that will be possible!" Really tells you something about how badly they hosed up the combat.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I wonder how much it will cost to make a guild, millions of credits?

I'd vote for a name involving ewoks or Kylo Ren weirdness.

Endor/Ewok Self-Defence Force
First Order: Poop Break
Chewbacca Defence
Luke Lando Jabba Kylo
Something Awakens
Darth Vader Idolization Support Group
Cantina Band Jizzers
Ima-Gun Die
Sand Persons of Interest

First Order: Poop Break currently my favorite

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 19, 2016

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I Have An Awful Feeling About This

...probably won't fit and isn't funny.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
If the guild name isn't "The Goongans" I'm not joining. :colbert:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

iGestalt posted:

Do we have a guild name thought out yet?

Lightsaber Emoji

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

That's no goon

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Vulgar posted:

That's no goon

I'd settle for this.

Other acceptable options:

"Weesa da Goongans"
"Ima Goon Di"

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 19, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

"Ima Goon Di"

I like this one. That, or something involving Whales.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Yeah Ima-Goon Di is p good

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

What was the point of changing how the health bars appear? I really don't get why making it harder to understand how much health any given character has is an improvement.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

tadashi posted:

What was the point of changing how the health bars appear? I really don't get why making it harder to understand how much health any given character has is an improvement.
I assume it's to nerf healers slightly, move 20% of the health out in to a non-healable shield.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

tadashi posted:

Is it harder? For me, it's been easier to prioritize targets in GW now that I can say "Okay, this guy's got 2 bars of protection and 4 bars of health, he's squishier than this guy with 3 bars of protection and 5 bars of health, so I'll go for the first one" rather than trying to eyeball two dozen scrunched bars versus three dozen scrunched bars

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

cowofwar posted:

I assume it's to nerf healers slightly, move 20% of the health out in to a non-healable shield.
He was just asking about the graphical change I think, but in any case it's closer to 50% if swgoh.gg's stats are real it's closer to 50%. They give a value higher than I have for Greedo but I haven't seen Gear10 yet so maybe there's 2k more protection in there; in any case he has about 75% as much protection as health.

If you're not playing on a big tablet or bluestacks the little health ticks ran together and were worthless. I think it's more clear at a glance now even if you can't as precisely say "RG is between 3/32 and 4/32 of health left, only one more full round of attacks and he'll probably die"

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Vulgar posted:

That's no goon

I like this one.

Or maybe "forest goon of endor"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SWTOR already uses That's No Goon. Gotta mix it up.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

The Goon Strikes Back.

Revenge of the Goon.

Wait, no

The Goon Awakens

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Qui Goon Jin's chest hole

Kai Adi Goondi and the Moons of Meebzorp

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 19, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
They see me Whalin'
They hatin'

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

They see me Whalin'
They hatin'

Something about Whale's would be good but I don't know how we'd Star Warifiy it.

Star Whales?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

iGestalt posted:

Something about Whale's would be good but I don't know how we'd Star Warifiy it.

Star Whales?

Whale Squadron

X-Whales, B-Whales, Y-Whales, A-Whales, E-Whales

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Imperial class dick butt

• Locked thread