Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
I have no idea where I heard this but wasn't the Foundation X plot originally intended to be a much bigger factor in all three shows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

John McClane posted:

I have no idea where I heard this but wasn't the Foundation X plot originally intended to be a much bigger factor in all three shows?

It definitely seemed like they were planning to make it a thing going forward from Double. They were involved in OOO, as well. I think that Toei was probably thinking they would make a new over-arching evil organization to be like a more modern take on Shocker. Then they realized that they could just capitalize on weird manufactured nostalgia for the original Shocker, instead, and did that.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Foundation X being dropped still really upsets me.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

It definitely seemed like they were planning to make it a thing going forward from Double. They were involved in OOO, as well. I think that Toei was probably thinking they would make a new over-arching evil organization to be like a more modern take on Shocker. Then they realized that they could just capitalize on weird manufactured nostalgia for the original Shocker, instead, and did that.

Which is weird because Shocker wasn't even that important to the Showa era, the Great Leader was. It was nice to see them bring back Badon from ZX in Heisei Vs Showa but it would be nice if they gave Shocker a rest after the Kamen Rider 1 movie and did something else for the villains next time.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's iconic and lets them keep using the Shocker grunt suits. Plus those actors worked very hard on their "eee!"s, you know?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Motto posted:

It's iconic and lets them keep using the Shocker grunt suits. Plus those actors worked very hard on their "eee!"s, you know?

Fair enough, though if they really want to be nostalgic I'd like to see them bring back the orginal Shocker grunts (guys in red and black leotards with berets and face paint).

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
According to JAKQ VS Goranger, both of those shows, Kamen Rider V3, Kamen Rider Amazon, and Kikaider are all active at the same time.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
If Toei wanted to be my bff, they'd bring back Foundation X as like a weird wildcard villain in the next series that regularly interrupts the regular villains' plots to change the stakes or shake down a kaijin for favors. Give them Shocker Minions that are wearing sweet 3-piece suits, like somewhere between a Masquerade Dopant and a Panther Claw Minion from Cutie Honey.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Well we only got a couple years till Double's 10th anniversary, if we get anything then I'd say the odds of Foundation X getting involved are pretty decent

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

drrockso20 posted:

a couple years till Double's 10th anniversary

Oh my god I'm old

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Huh. So that's Power Rangers Reboot Rita Repulsa. People are theorizing she's the "green ranger' thus the look.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ImpAtom posted:

Huh. So that's Power Rangers Reboot Rita Repulsa. People are theorizing she's the "green ranger' thus the look.

Well, by Power Rangers TV canon, she created the Green Ranger. It's not too much of a stretch to have a vain witch-queen make a minion in her own image.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Why is she covered in dirt?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Serious Frolicking posted:

I'm kinda hoping that this green suit is battle attire and she has something more space-witch-like as day wear.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

how do you think you'd look if you just got out of a garbage can.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Ghost was so full of feelings.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Am I the only one really liking Zyuohger? It feels way better than Ninnin and Toq, outside of the ridiculous looking mecha.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
No, you aren't. Zyuohger is good.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Am I the only one really liking Zyuohger? It feels way better than Ninnin and Toq, outside of the ridiculous looking mecha.

I still prefer ToQger...but Zyohger has been great so far. Loving the emphasis on the zyuman side of the team.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Most people seem to be enjoying Zyuohger, me included. It's such a great show after how terrible Ninninger was.

And Ghost is good too! And there's Amazons now which is great and different! And even a Garo show that's actually written well!

It's like a super toku era and I love it. I hope it never ends.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
GUIS has Flashman 8 and Changeman 9 up, whoop whoop

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Zyuogher is really good, yeah.

The Villains aren't toothless, the people who aren't the Red matter- and matter a lot-, the Mecha is honestly not that bad, and there's actual mysteries in the show that they're being very careful about not overdoing.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
I just want good toys to come back. Everything has been mostly poo poo since GoBusters. :negative:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Stallion Cabana posted:

Zyuogher is really good, yeah.

The Villains aren't toothless, the people who aren't the Red matter- and matter a lot-, the Mecha is honestly not that bad, and there's actual mysteries in the show that they're being very careful about not overdoing.

i dont like the mech all that much but it's not offensive i honestly like the cube animals better than the combo form they are cute.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ultraman Orb

July 9

Director of X

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's gratuitous explosion time for Ghost. Also a farewell to Cubi.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Xelkelvos posted:

It's gratuitous explosion time for Ghost. Also a farewell to Cubi.

Can't wait for Cubi and Maestro to show up with a squad of friendly Ganma to save the day later.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SpazmasterX posted:

I just want good toys to come back. Everything has been mostly poo poo since GoBusters. :negative:

Sentai has never produced a good robot toy except for the Akibaranger car.

When sentai mechs have elbows, knees, hips, AND shoulders at LEAST they might maybe be passable.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorWhat posted:

Sentai has never produced a good robot toy except for the Akibaranger car.

When sentai mechs have elbows, knees, hips, AND shoulders at LEAST they might maybe be passable.

Pretty sure the Jungle Fury Mecha has some words to say to you.

Hell, the DaiRanger Dragon Zord has all of that. He loses it when he becomes the MegaZord, but still. Combining is hard to engineer especially the way Zords combine.

And at the very least, they used to look better than minecraft knockoffs.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Burkion posted:

And at the very least, they used to look better than minecraft knockoffs.

The cube theme is part of the whole show though...Zyuland has cube pillars, they use cubes to transform, one of the villains is made of cubes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, it is basically a bunch of unrelated concepts kludged together. Death game aliens and cube robots have nothing to do with extra-dimensional animal people.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Well, it is basically a bunch of unrelated concepts kludged together.

toku.txt

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

jivjov posted:

The cube theme is part of the whole show though...Zyuland has cube pillars, they use cubes to transform, one of the villains is made of cubes.

Doesn't help the toy at all though sadly.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

jivjov posted:

They don't even stick to the theme, loving Cube Rhino is a vaguely rectangular set of pants on wheels with a trailer.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
in other news i heard a rumor that the local toys r us still magically has the legacy megazord and if you don't think i'm taking a trip over before work you are insane

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Literally The Worst posted:

in other news i heard a rumor that the local toys r us still magically has the legacy megazord and if you don't think i'm taking a trip over before work you are insane

Best of luck, those things get stupidly expensive online

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Burkion posted:

Best of luck, those things get stupidly expensive online

a hundred and fifty for the megazord, 350 for dragonzord, five hundred for titanus

no i didnt price out a bunch of toys after i realized diamond was going to be selling the communicators and still had the legacy morphers in stock, why do you ask

and no, i didn't order the communicator and morpher

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe I'm just really behind the times...but I just found out that Kakuranger comes out on DVD May 17th!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

jivjov posted:

Maybe I'm just really behind the times...but I just found out that Kakuranger comes out on DVD May 17th!

you are ins anely behind the times, it's even in the OP that it comes out next month

fingers crossed that we either get Ohranger or an older series after this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Literally The Worst posted:

you are ins anely behind the times, it's even in the OP that it comes out next month

fingers crossed that we either get Ohranger or an older series after this

Oh neat. Yeah; last I had seen, it was just "coming sometime later in the year".

Probably gonna see Ohranger next; I doubt they think they have a market for pre-Zyu season.

• Locked thread