Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

With the talk of Sansa subsuming Cat's role as vengeance incarnate, I wonder if she will have the hanging scene with Brienne. They already met in season 5, so that may have more payoff. Especially if Sansa is still bitter about Cat's death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Max posted:

With the talk of Sansa subsuming Cat's role as vengeance incarnate, I wonder if she will have the hanging scene with Brienne. They already met in season 5, so that may have more payoff. Especially if Sansa is still bitter about Cat's death.

Wouldn't make sense. It'd just make Sansa look petty. The Briene hanging scene has poignancy in the books because Cat swore her to an oath, and the only reason Cat threatens her with it is because she wants Jamie brought to her. Sansa obviously wouldn't want that unless she's in revenge mode, and even then I doubt she'd hate Jamie more than Cersei or whoever else.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

Wouldn't make sense. It'd just make Sansa look petty. The Briene hanging scene has poignancy in the books because Cat swore her to an oath, and the only reason Cat threatens her with it is because she wants Jamie brought to her. Sansa obviously wouldn't want that unless she's in revenge mode, and even then I doubt she'd hate Jamie more than Cersei or whoever else.

Was it Sansa or Arya that Brienne told she swore her mother she would protect her? That could be used as the "oath" she would hang her for breaking.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ginette Reno posted:

That hasn't stopped the show runners before.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sansa will be King in the North. There's a lot of very progressive gender issues coming this season.

:negative: This is far too plausible for comfort.

A longstanding complaint I have is that HBO's ~~progressiveness~~ with this show is totally rear end-backwards. e.g. the mandatory Gay Character Quotient dictating that Loras, who in the books is mostly notable for being a cool knight who is very skilled, doesn't do much other than suck dicks in the show. Then doubling down on that last season by turning the sparrows into a cross of westboro baptist church with the gestapo. It's loving obnoxious. It feels like HBO has a couple of stupid hobby horses that it can't let go of.

Not a new complaint I know but it still pisses me off.

Mortabis fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 19, 2016

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

This show that blew up for being kind of nuanced for fantasy genre work... we better not keep all the nuance.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

"After refusing to bow a knee to the new king, Robert Baratheon, all three were defeated by a small force led by Eddard Stark of Winterfell."

I hope they include all 3 of them, even if one's just a corpse on the ground. It doesn't matter really but m-my books :qq:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why would Sansa be mad at Brienne? She tried to warn Sansa and protect her at that inn but Sansa blew her off.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Hopefully they go back and digitally change it so it says Arthur Dayne had two swords, Dawn I and Dawn II.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why would Sansa be mad at Brienne? She tried to warn Sansa and protect her at that inn but Sansa blew her off.

And then she lit the fire but Brienne hosed off find and kill Stan the Man.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Brienne's probably gonna save her from Bolton hunters soon. I don't think she's gonna hang her, but I'm expecting her to send Brienne to Jaime with the order to kill him, or "convince him to betray the Freys and free my uncle, or kill him if he refuses."

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis

Mortabis posted:

:negative: This is far too plausible for comfort.

A longstanding complaint I have is that HBO's ~~progressiveness~~ with this show is totally rear end-backwards. e.g. the mandatory Gay Character Quotient dictating that Loras, who in the books is mostly notable for being a cool knight who is very skilled, doesn't do much other than suck dicks in the show. Then doubling down on that last season by turning the sparrows into a cross of westboro baptist church with the gestapo. It's loving obnoxious. It feels like HBO has a couple of stupid hobby horses that it can't let go of.

lmfao Asoiaf is legit at least 5x gayer than GoT

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Ague Proof posted:

"After refusing to bow a knee to the new king, Robert Baratheon, all three were defeated by a small force led by Eddard Stark of Winterfell."

I hope they include all 3 of them, even if one's just a corpse on the ground. It doesn't matter really but m-my books :qq:

Newest promo has a shot of two of them unsheathing their swords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfmt5y8jfeQ

And the person in the foreground looks like he's wearing the same armor and doesn't react by unsheathing, so it's probably Gerold Hightower or his stand-in telling his bros to ready up.

Also the person closing Jon's eyes at the beginning looks like he's wearing the same sleeves as Thoros of Myr.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

tin can made man posted:

lmfao Asoiaf is legit at least 5x gayer than GoT

still holding my breath for a Cersei lesbo scene...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Max posted:

And then she lit the fire but Brienne hosed off find and kill Stan the Man.

Yeah but she doesn't know that was Brienne.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK, I'm wrong.

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
I don't remember who it was but somebody was skeptical about Rickon getting mowed down by arrows per that guy's spoiler but that seems exactly like the kind of thing the guy would've actually been able to see since he obviously got the Bolton corpse pile part right. The Wun Wun part sounds like something an extra couldn't possibly see.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Love Crime posted:

I don't remember who it was but somebody was skeptical about Rickon getting mowed down by arrows per that guy's spoiler but that seems exactly like the kind of thing the guy would've actually been able to see since he obviously got the Bolton corpse pile part right. The Wun Wun part sounds like something an extra couldn't possibly see.

It could have been in the script they were acting from though. Or heard it from another extra. Or was an extra in the scene where it happened. If you saw a tennis ball on a stick that Jon Snow was talking and acting at, what would you guess it was?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Solice Kirsk posted:

It could have been in the script they were acting from though. Or heard it from another extra. Or was an extra in the scene where it happened. If you saw a tennis ball on a stick that Jon Snow was talking and acting at, what would you guess it was?

Dragon. Drogon most likely.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jon ain't riding Drogon. Jon will warg into Ghost, who is also a warg, and they will double warg into Viserion creating GhoSnowerion™ (original creation, do not steal).

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Love Crime posted:

One caveat is that the corpse pile was one of the leaked set photos, so knowing about that doesn't necessarily mean they were actually there.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
On the Internet = made up, unless I know of and trust the source.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

One caveat is that the corpse pile was one of the leaked set photos, so knowing about that doesn't necessarily mean they were actually there.

Was it? I didnt see the corpse pile until quite recently and the story is over a month old

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I have ordered GhoSnowerion action figures from a Chinese toy company and they will ship before Christmas sucker! You stick Jon's corpse up the wolfs butt and cram the wolf up he dragons rear end to make the fire come out.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Lycus posted:

On the Internet = made up, unless I know of and trust the source.

Lying on 4chan is against the law.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I mean for the Stark kids

Oh, fair enough then I got the wrong end of the stick.

Anyway,

Mortabis posted:

e.g. the mandatory Gay Character Quotient dictating that Loras, who in the books is mostly notable for being a cool knight who is very skilled, doesn't do much other than suck dicks in the show. Then doubling down on that last season by turning the sparrows into a cross of westboro baptist church with the gestapo. It's loving obnoxious. It feels like HBO has a couple of stupid hobby horses that it can't let go of.

I agree they didn't do much to show off Loras's combat skills but your complaint about the Sparrows is way off. Its a very accurate portrayal of how religious police forces work when given free reign. If anything the shows being pretty fair by showing that religious militants often have positive sides like material austerity and a strong commitment to social care, in addition to being quite willing and proud to punish those who violate their doctrines.

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016

AFAIK the corpse pile and Boltons using heavy archers weren't part of the leaked set photos.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I lean towards it being true tbqh, it's just the right amount of plausible.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

TheRat posted:

Was it? I didnt see the corpse pile until quite recently and the story is over a month old

In seeing it again, this isn't really what I would call a "wall", so it might not be the same thing as seen in the trailer. It almost looks more like they're being stored for future use.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

In seeing it again, this isn't really what I would call a "wall", so it might not be the same thing as seen in the trailer. It almost looks more like they're being stored for future use.

they're Bolton's men so they're clearly not dead, they're napping after all the unstoppable winning they're going to do because gently caress you

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

It's a hastily-built replacement for the ice Wall after it collapsed. It's a brilliant plan.

Or the Others storing their zombies for later use.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 19, 2016

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Just a buncha tired out Bolton men and their horses, exhausted from a long day of plowing Sansa

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they're Bolton's men so they're clearly not dead, they're napping after all the unstoppable winning they're going to do because gently caress you

But theres more than 20 of them...

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

They weren't the good men.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's a little surprising to me to learn Rickon's going to eat it this season, I always assumed he was the Stark the story was keeping in reserve so someone could run Winterfell at the end of the story. With Bran on permanent Freaky Snow Wizard duty and probably fated to never see his family again that leaves just Sansa and Arya from Ned's actual offspring. Arya might survive but she wasn't suited to the noble life in the first place and she's seriously unlikely to go back to it now after everything she's been through. If Jon's ditching the Night's Watch he might be a Stark or a Targ but it's looking like his destiny will take him past Winterfell to either the Iron Throne, some crazy thing with the Others, or Eventual Heroic Death.

So that leaves... Sansa? Will she be the only one left to carry on the Stark line and run Winterfell? Who's even left alive to serve her? The Boltons murdered the last of the Stark-loyal servants. Would she be able to secure some kind of political marriage to rebuild her House, and somehow not end up a trophy to bolster someone else's claim on the North? The House and its people were dead before but they're looking extra dead now.

Was there any discussion about the possibility of Sansa being pregnant with Ramsay's kid? Because drat, if he dies this season but gets the last laugh through the "heir of Winterfell", that'd be quite the note for him to go out on.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If Sansa isn't being set up to be the leader of Winterfell, I don't know what her purpose is.

Rickon is barely above an extra.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I'm no expert at Westeros Feudal politics but do they do matrilineal marriages? Because otherwise even if Sansa takes charge of Winterfell her kid wouldn't be a Stark. This also brings up the weird fact how all of the Great Houses of Westeros seemingly only have one or two lines. There should be countless legitimate claimants to the title, even if its some distant cousin, but apparently when one or two main characters die the entire House is dead.

Lycus posted:

If Sansa isn't being set up to be the leader of Winterfell, I don't know what her purpose is.

To be the punching bag for the villain of the week.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Lycus posted:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The current Lannisters are descended from a Lannister woman whose husband took her name to become King of the Rock.

And lack of lines for 8000 year old dynasties is yet another example of GRRM not being good at scale. You just have to roll with it.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Apr 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm no expert at Westeros Feudal politics but do they do matrilineal marriages? Because otherwise even if Sansa takes charge of Winterfell her kid wouldn't be a Stark. This also brings up the weird fact how all of the Great Houses of Westeros seemingly only have one or two lines. There should be countless legitimate claimants to the title, even if its some distant cousin, but apparently when one or two main characters die the entire House is dead.

But then you have some crazy cousin with a claim and they raise an Adventurer army, and ever since they took out the "Assassinate" button it's a pain in the rear end to deal with them. You don't even get the almost-automatic 500 gold anymore for banishing them.

• Locked thread