Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Busket Posket posted:

ONE WEIRD TRICK TO TASTE GARLIC WITHOUT EATING IT!
DMSOhacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Busket Posket posted:

I remembered hearing that rubbing garlic or onion on your feet can leech the aromatics and give you garlic/onion breath, but trying to find a primary resource for that has led to a lot of "STUDIES HAVE SHOWN! THEY SAY! ONE WEIRD TRICK TO TASTE GARLIC WITHOUT EATING IT!" It's on several mom blogs as proof that everything we put on our skin circulates so that's why deodorant is evil.

Guess it's time to buy some Vidalias for research purposes.

So if I put weed in my socks I can get high but they can't prove it (unless they check my socks)?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Hot drat, I'm buying a pair of galoshes and filling them with vodka

You absorb it through your feet, so you get wasted, plus the alcohol kills the bacteria, making your feet not smell. WALLA! #stankfoothax

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Hot drat, I'm buying a pair of galoshes and filling them with vodka

You absorb it through your feet, so you get wasted, plus the alcohol kills the bacteria, making your feet not smell. WALLA! #stankfoothax

Just cut up your bald head, smear Mobilat all over the wounds, and don a swimming cap, like the old pros used to.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Don't have enough bacteria to clean off your filthy body with onion & vodka!
Just loving jump in a medical waste bin...

Stay there.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

quote:

If you believe you have nerves and a nervous system, you believe you have meridians too, .

i'm not convinced

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Somebody tell me what the hell:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Palpek posted:

Somebody tell me what the hell:

I'm the reset buttom.

I thought it was going to be a hack of "change your text color from black to dark blue" or "here's how to inject ink into your cartridge" but amazingly it ends up being even more worthless.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Printers be shady as gently caress.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

This is known to be true to anyone that has had the misfortune to work in IT Support for any period of time. gently caress printers and most networking protocols.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
My friend the doctor tells me it it's not at all uncommon that printer manufacturers put heroin instead of ink into the cartridges, or so the smackheads believe, and then whole batches of smurfs come in for treatment.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My printer refuses to print anything when even one of the cartridges is empty, it's garbage and I hate it

Karate Bastard posted:

My friend the doctor tells me it it's not at all uncommon that printer manufacturers put heroin instead of ink into the cartridges, or so the smackheads believe, and then whole batches of smurfs come in for treatment.

Your doctor friend sounds like he's full of poo poo

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I don't know what state of the art is but I think its mixing up several inkjet print hacks. If your printer was printing just fine a page ago and your print management software pops up saying hey I'm empty, its based on a counter in the cartridge circuits that isn't perfect. There's been various ways to reset them including shorting across contacts or outright reset buttons, but I don't know if any of that is current.

If your prints look like that first picture, you might be truly running out, but the print head might also just be getting gummed up if you're anything like me and print stuff once a year. Sometimes you can fix it with rubbing alcohol and a qtip and a good scrub. Sometimes its gummed up further in the cartridge.

Inkjet cartridges are awful.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Wanamingo posted:

Your doctor friend sounds like he's full of poo poo

Doctors be shady as gently caress also yo

#wisdom #lifehack

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah hitting the reset button on your cartridge isn't going to fix lovely prints, you're just out of ink.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The ink thing is partially true. Starts at 3:10.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV_YeXBgWio

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 16:00 on Apr 19, 2016

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Have some other awesome hacks then.

Bulimia hack:

How to turn a paper plate into a swastika:

We've all been there:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Palpek posted:

We've all been there:

Won't stop the weight of all the dirt from crushing you to death. So I guess this is primo lifehack.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Want to die a bit longer? Try this weird trick, diers hate it! #jesus

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Are you in a situation where you're being buried alive, but don't have your hands bound together, and have the room to remove your shirt? You're in luck, then!

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

Palpek posted:

We've all been there:

Can confirm. I do this daily.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
Tired of all that space donuts take up???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WJina4N8r0

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Seems like a neat gimmick project to do once and never again for a kid just graduating to stove privileges.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Edminster posted:

My favorite part is how they didn't put anything underneath the rack and got chocolate all over their counter.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Edminster posted:

A problem I can solve by just eating the donuts.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I feel bad for the poor fool who only has access to donuts so stale that you're able to cut them in half without destroying them :smith:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Maybe they're not a loving pig so they didn't eat them all at once, y'think about that huh? #lifehack

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Karate Bastard posted:

Maybe they're not a loving pig so they didn't eat them all at once, y'think about that huh? #lifehack

Who eats half a donut?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
No wait they bought like two crates of them to begin with didn't they. Yeah of course they did they're lifehackers they bought a fuckpile of them what was I thinking.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Rebuttal: This was discovered when someone ate too much vanilla ice cream and vomited, so all the vomit was gallons of vanilla ice cream, like a terrible soft-serve machine.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It would be all foamy and half curdled from the stomach acid, too. :ohdear:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

dirksteadfast posted:

Rebuttal: This was discovered when someone ate too much vanilla ice cream and vomited, so all the vomit was gallons of vanilla ice cream, like a terrible soft-serve machine.

whiteyfats posted:

It would be all foamy and half curdled from the stomach acid, too. :ohdear:

One of my earliest memories is of a time I went on a day trip to the city with my parents. Had a fancy dinner in Chinatown, probably did some other touristy things, gently caress if I know. My most vivid memory of the entire night was taking a bath when I got home and vomiting strawberry ice cream into a trashcan. I don't even remember getting ice cream.. just it coming back up, and thinking it tasted exactly the same as it did going down.

Lifehack: build lasting memories by being violently ill! :sigh:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Bees on Wheat posted:

One of my earliest memories is of a time I went on a day trip to the city with my parents. Had a fancy dinner in Chinatown, probably did some other touristy things, gently caress if I know. My most vivid memory of the entire night was taking a bath when I got home and vomiting strawberry ice cream into a trashcan. I don't even remember getting ice cream.. just it coming back up, and thinking it tasted exactly the same as it did going down.

Lifehack: build lasting memories by being violently ill! :sigh:

What up, early childhood vomit trauma buddy.

When I was 3-4, my parents took me to Olive Garden (we were hella broke back then so Olive Garden was a big deal) and let me have all the breadsticks my tiny fists could jam into my mouth. Needless to say I ate way to goddamn many, self control isn't really like a thing for toddlers, and made it to the parking lot before launching and absolute cannon of pink vomit (breadsitcks + marinara) onto myself, the side of the car, inside of the car, and my poor mother. I was wearing a blue dress, black shoes, and white socks. It is one of my earliest memories and to this day I can't go back to Olive Garden, I think I'll have some kind of Pavlov's dog response if I eat anything.

13Pandora13 has a new favorite as of 02:26 on Apr 21, 2016

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

dirksteadfast posted:

Use this one weird trick to give yourself a food aversion to vanilla ice cream that'll last for years!

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
when I was very young, I threw up exactly one mushroom. I vividly remember this to the point that I decided I must have imagined it as a reason for hating mushrooms, because nobody that young remembers anything that clearly, right?

I was having dinner with my mother recently and I declined to eat something with mushrooms. she then tells the table about the time I threw up exactly one mushroom.

mind blown

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Karate Bastard posted:

LMAO like that would ever happen.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Adix posted:

when I was very young, I threw up exactly one mushroom. I vividly remember this to the point that I decided I must have imagined it as a reason for hating mushrooms, because nobody that young remembers anything that clearly, right?

I was having dinner with my mother recently and I declined to eat something with mushrooms. she then tells the table about the time I threw up exactly one mushroom.

mind blown

Wait, did you throw up a whole, untarnished mushroom? Or did you throw up after eating one mushroom?

Cause one of them I owe you a beer, and the other I'm throwing you in the locker for.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Wait, did you throw up a whole, untarnished mushroom? Or did you throw up after eating one mushroom?

Cause one of them I owe you a beer, and the other I'm throwing you in the locker for.

I ate a sliced mushroom in something; like the kind you'd see on a cartoon pizza. Later, it came back up intact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Palpek posted:

but also the phosphoric acid (the substance from onions that makes you cry when you cut them open)
Aside from everything else, this is clearly bullshit. Onions produce syn-propanethiol-S-oxide, not phosphoric acid.

Interestingly, if I try to find out whether they actually have phosphoric acid, all I find is sites touting the same bullshit remedy. So one person got it wrong and then it spread like gospel.