Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Raids should never have been added in the first place but I guess are fine if they're kept to the minimum focus they are now, apparently they have what, 6 people working on them?

tbh if you compared the bonus to playerbase from six devs working on raids with the devs working on WvW you'd reach the very uncomfortable conclusion that the former is better at retention than the latter

edit - I don't mean this too seriously I just want to sass you

Kessel fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Apr 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kessel posted:

tbh if you compared the bonus to playerbase from six devs working on raids with the devs working on WvW you'd reach the very uncomfortable conclusion that the former is better at retention than the latter

edit - I don't mean this too seriously I just want to sass you

sass this *points 2 dilz*

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

could you point more accurately, I can't find it under the fat rolls

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I can't remember if I've posted this, but whatever

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kessel posted:

I'm concerned about map chat also missed your many map chat posts.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

knowonecanknow posted:

This Saturday April 23rd after missions I'll be running a HoT HP train.

cool, I'm down for that and thank you

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kessel posted:

which reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VP3uvWtLKU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Is there a way to cheese Tyria mastery points? I'm not doing all those asperger cheevos, gently caress that.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm concerned about map chat also missed your many map chat posts.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Reminder that this never came out.

lol I forgot about this one

Lonk fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Apr 19, 2016

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

which reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9iJKLEPtrY

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

So I'm interested in getting back into this game with a friend of mine who hasn't really played MMOs before. I stopped playing the game back when my experience boiled down to logging in to buy/sell mats on the AH if the margins were right, grinding chars to max level from crafting alone and stopping only for the occasional jumping puzzle. This was when Tequatl was a brand new thing, so I've been... two years away now?

Has there been anything significant that has changed in that time that I should bear in mind diving back in? Are there useful plugins or new design elements I should be aware of?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Too many to list, just dive in.

As for plug in type things, there's a few http://samhurne.github.io/gw2pao/ and http://gw2taco.blogspot.com.au/ SFD's own fro does a cool site for wvw info http://wvwintel.com/ it has robots that talk.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

these two links are going to do some unkind things to my recommended videos

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Game's getting existential.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Happy patch day, thread :buddy:

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

:toot:

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
I really hope thief pistol finally gets that overhaul that was promised over a year ago. It probably won't but I can dream. :smith:

Will quote this after patch drops if it pistol gets changed and apologize to anet for my frequently rude tone and also take responsibility for many things that aren't even my fault, like them indefinitely suspending development of new legendaries.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Well, ranger sword change is happening so...

What other huge changes, if only to class weapons/abilities also is in need of changing? Ranger traps had the aoe option removed a while back so that needs fixed.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

Patch Day isn't even a good holiday or anything, not like Wookiee Life Day.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Can't load the forums to get the patch notes, but there is this front page article: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-spring-quarterly-update/

That Article posted:

In addition to all the things I’ve talked about here, this update includes a large series of improvements to Fractals and PvP, plus a full balance update for skills, a new legendary short bow, the long-awaited final tier of the legendary backpack, new daily achievements, LFG improvements, a new raid lobby, and more. It’s more than I could hope to cover in a blog post. We have thirty pages of release notes for you to read today, but better yet, come join us in the game and check out all these changes for yourself.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
A free max level character of your choice AND a shard inventory slot?

quote:

With this quarterly update, we’re giving all existing and new Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns purchasers a max-level character boost, so you can immediately get one of your characters to the new jungle and Living World content.

This new max-level boost item will be delivered to you in a new, free shared inventory slot, which is yours to keep even after you use the character boost. Another thing I love about this boost item is that you can test it on as many different characters as you want before consuming it.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
30 pages, holy poo poo.

30 pages of sab item, collection, and in-game data deletion notes.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

J3ng4 posted:

A free max level character of your choice AND a shard inventory slot?

I expect you to post patch notes ASAP.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

forums are overloaded but i got a screenshot of the patch notes

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

quote:

We’re bringing more rewards back to dungeons, doubling the dungeon tokens from daily bonus chests, and introducing a new repeatable achievement that awards 5 gold and 150 dungeon tokens for every eight unique dungeon paths you complete.

Hmm...

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

quote:

We're fixing some other issues from the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns launch. We’re bringing more rewards back to dungeons, doubling the dungeon tokens from daily bonus chests, and introducing a new repeatable achievement that awards 5 gold and 150 dungeon tokens for every eight unique dungeon paths you complete. We’re also substantially reducing scribing costs—both by reducing the material requirements on recipes and by increasing the supply of key materials—so that scribing can be for everyone, not only for players with a guild supporting them.

Oh man, this is starting to look really good.

E;fb

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

I really hope thief pistol finally gets that overhaul that was promised over a year ago. It probably won't but I can dream. :smith:

Will quote this after patch drops if it pistol gets changed and apologize to anet for my frequently rude tone and also take responsibility for many things that aren't even my fault, like them indefinitely suspending development of new legendaries.

I can't tell yet if there was any changing to damage coefficients, but unload now gives you 8 seconds of might for every hit, so that's 8 stacks every time you do unload.

Dear arenanet,

I am sorry for my harsh tones. That was uncalled for and overly critical.
I am sorry that I could not deliver the legendary weapons in an orderly fashion and I accept the consequences.
I am sorry that spider path TA got bugged, totally my fault too. I am also responsible for not fixing it.

THAT SAID this isn't really an overhaul so if you could see to it to change body shot into a good skill and up the range to 1200 I will officially take the blame for Scarlet being such a turd of a character.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-19-2016

they really are 30 pages. there's no loving way to copy them here

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Posting these patch notes would take 6 posts, so things changed basically.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Patch is up.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Here is a link to an overview of the patch. It doesn't talk about the exact notes entirely, but the author has comments from multiple devs on the update.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kessel posted:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-19-2016

they really are 30 pages. there's no loving way to copy them here

gently caress, I'll have to read these later.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Here's a pastebin, via GOON guild chat.

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004
I wish they removed Auric Basin, and Tangled Depths from timers, and made them like Silverwastes that when the map meta is done it triggers the boss event. But still hopefully the changes are a step in the right direction.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

gently caress, I'll have to read these later.

all you need to know is that LFG now has a roleplay section (and so far all the listings in it have been joke listings)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

quote:

Dragon’s Stand
Events
Increased the timer after victory from 15 to 25 minutes.

Thank god

quote:

We overhauled daily achievements, adding new, specific Heart of Thorns dailies for those who own the expansion, plus new jumping puzzle, minidungeon, and dungeon path dailies to the regular rotation. These changes—plus the addition of a new flat gold reward for completing the Daily Completionist achievement—should encourage players to explore a wider variety of content.

More good poo poo

quote:

Each day there will be 3 recommended islands given to players, with each island having daily achievements for completing it at or above scale 1, at or above scale 26, at or above scale 51, and at or above scale 76. Players will be awarded the daily achievement for that recommended island when completing it at that scale or higher. As an example, if one of the recommended islands is Uncategorized, players can complete Uncategorized at scale 62 to attain the achievements for completing it at or above scale 1, 26, and 51 in a single run. The achievement for scale 76 or above will remain locked unless players complete Uncategorized at either scale 79 or 91. The following changes were made to fractal achievements:

This is goddamned beautiful and will hopefully cut down on having to run Swamp literally 5-6 times a day to do dailies. That said, good loving luck on Cliffside Day

quote:

Retired the existing Core Fractal Hero and Casual Fractal Hero achievements for scales 1 – 20 and 21 – 50.
Created new Fractal Initiate and Fractal Adept achievements for scales 1 – 25 and 26 – 50.

Lmao that the 1-20 and 21-50 achievements didn't really go anywhere

quote:

At higher fractal scales, players suffer from Mistlock Instabilities—effects that increase the challenge of a given fractal. Unfortunately, many of the current instabilities are frustrating rather than fun, so we’re making several balance changes to remove the biggest pain points when playing with these instabilities.
Boon Fumbler: This instability has been replaced with Lethargic, which reduces endurance regeneration by 50%.
No Pain, No Gain: This instability now grants a specific set of boons when enemies are hit, and it has a 20-second cooldown. The boons applied are protection, 3 stacks of stability, and 10 stacks of might, each with a duration of 20 seconds.
Last Laugh: Improved the visibility of the warning circle that appears before the explosion.
Afflicted: This instability now only applies damaging conditions (bleeding, burning, torment, confusion, and poison). The duration of the applied conditions has been adjusted for balance.
Boon Thieves: Enemies now steal up to 5 boons at once. This instability has a 20-second cooldown.
Social Awkwardness: This instability is now only active while in combat.

No Pain, No Gain no longer means "enemies will all have max stacks of every boon in the game" and hopefully they unfucked Last Laugh's circles

quote:

Cliffside
Cliffside has long been one of the more lengthy fractals, so a prime focus of this update was to rework it to have better pacing while also changing some of the mechanics to be more engaging or less unfair at higher scales. With this release, Cliffside should be less tedious and include improvements on the things that make it unique.
Pacing Changes
One of the more notable changes is that we have removed the boss fight at the beginning—because why fight the Archdiviner twice? We have also changed the layout of the map so that players can ascend to the top faster. In addition, the wind and explosive traps can now be disabled, much like the traps in the Aetherblade fractal, and the checkpoints are more forgiving. The various seal events will also progress faster now?—particularly the arm seal event, which was notoriously difficult at higher scales. We made the following changes to Cliffside’s pacing:
Replaced the first Archdiviner fight with a simple kill event.
Created new, shorter paths through the fractal.
Reduced the number of hits required for the chest seal to 5 and changed the mechanics to promote movement.
Added the ability to disable wind and explosive traps.
Added another hammer-giving NPC after the wind traps.
Reworked checkpoints to reduce the time players spent running after defeats.
Removed the superfluous fifth strike from the last seal.
Made a change so that there are always 5 chanters for the arms event instead of scaling with the fractal scale.
The hammer now inflicts 40% damage to seal health instead of 35% for the arms event.
Made a change so that falling off of a trap does 75% health damage instead of 100%.
Missing with the hammer’s Seal Breaker skill no longer consumes the skill.
Archdiviner Boss Rework
Before now, as players increased in fractal scale, the combat mechanics for the Archdiviner remained about the same. Enemies gain more health and do more damage, but fundamentally fighting the boss at scale 7 was no different from fighting him at scale 94 if we ignore instabilities. This kind of difficulty progression is rather dull and is not what we envision for fractals.
For this reason, the final fight with the Archdiviner has received a major rework. He has had his health greatly reduced, and he now has new abilities that enable or increase in difficulty at higher scales. For instance, he has a new cone area-of-effect attack that can be broken, which gives players less time to stun him as the scale increases. We also improved some of his old abilities, such as changing his cage ability to be a delayed area-of-effect attack that increases in radius with scale. This makes the fight much more engaging and requires both melee and ranged players to pay attention and dodge effectively, particularly at the highest scales. The Archdiviner is merely the first boss to receive a rework, and we plan to extend this sort of difficulty scaling to more fractal bosses in the future. We’ve made the following change to the Archdiviner boss fight:
Greatly reduced the Archdiviner’s health.
Difficulty now increases at higher scales via harder mechanics.
Added a conic hammer slam attack that scales in speed at higher difficulties.
Made the defiance bar only active during the conic attack and Corrupted Ground area-of-effect attack.
Added a rush/teleport attack at scales 25 – 100 that is active throughout the fight.
Added a projectile-blocking wall (which reflects at scales 51 – 100) that is active for the first 50% of health.
At scales 51 – 100, the Backbreaker heavy attack replaces the basic attack for the last 50% of health.
At or above scale 76, the Archdiver turns into a demon avatar at 25% health, an alternate form of the revenant’s Embrace the Darkness legendary demon stance.
Added a permanent protection effect at 50% health to partially compensate for his reduced health.
Added a permanent swiftness effect at 25% heath.
Reduced the seal stun time from 5 seconds to 1 second.
Reduced the difficulty of the second cultist wave after missing with the cultist’s hammer.
The Archdiviner now also joins the fight if players attack the initial four cultists.
Changed the cage attack to create an area-of-effect circle that can be dodged so players can avoid being caged.
Removed the Nova bright area blast attack that applied reflect.
Increased the pull attack’s projectile damage.
The cages now apply torment.

CLIFFSIDE REWORK THANK YOU GOD

I take back what I said before about Cliffside day being guaranteed to be awful

Magres fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 19, 2016

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

oh my god

Everything about this patch....fractals (cliffside hahaha), the HoT zones, scribing, dungeon rewards, WvW tracks,

Except for dragonhunter nerfs =\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
good game continues to be good

• Locked thread