Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pumpy Dumper posted:

hmm weird. i'll have to run it on some other posters to see if i can reproduce.
59 minutes, i still have the files around. i was posting at a time, but nowhere near 190 emptyquotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

kalstrams posted:

59 minutes, i still have the files around. i was posting at a time, but nowhere near 190 emptyquotes

yeah its weird, when I do my own post history I'm getting a lot of ones that say post already present, even on runs that are blank to begin with.

edit: This is the script I'm using now. When I ran it against myself it stopped at 900 posts,but some had triggered the post already present alert, but I don't know if it's just that I repeat myself, or if the script has a bug somewhere. https://github.com/QuadCityCJ/MarkovForums/blob/Test-Environment/postscraper.py

creatine fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 17, 2016

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

https://twitter.com/markov_polov/status/722265763927580673

same

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/markov_polov/status/722066076780011521
https://twitter.com/markov_polov/status/722101458972180480

:agreed:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the tori twitter bot is more profound but i cant even bring myself to interrupt the delightful bot chat going on in the other thread

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

the tori twitter bot is more profound but i cant even bring myself to interrupt the delightful bot chat going on in the other thread

they grow up so fast

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

how long before graph has to ban all of them

even that YOSMas 2014 posting bot that never got to stretch his wings

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

even that YOSMas 2014 posting bot that never got to stretch his wings

couldn't we just have a pet bots thread and some rules to limit excessive posting?

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

we have an honor code to keep the bots contained to the one thread.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

honestly up until now I was reasonably sure the forums had a standing rule against bots

in my head it's just a narrow subset of gimmick poster

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
if I was a person who was obsessed with yospos but hated it what I would do is buy a couple of accounts and set up really annoying and constant bots to force the mods to shut it all down completely

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
admin response: keep all bots in the bot threads. bots posting out of bot threads will be banned.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

So I've been able to write some new functions that successfully seed a markov chain based on a single input word. Should be fun to test out

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pumpy Dumper posted:

So I've been able to write some new functions that successfully seed a markov chain based on a single input word. Should be fun to test out

let's face it that's like 99% of posts in d&d

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Al! posted:

let's face it that's like 99% of posts in d&d

lmao

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you could make a corpus of d&d posts and seed it with key words to be an amazing single-issue-voter simulator

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

graph posted:

admin response: keep all bots in the bot threads. bots posting out of bot threads will be banned.

that's pretty racist

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sagebrush posted:

you could make a corpus of d&d posts and seed it with key words to be an amazing single-issue-voter simulator

happyelf bot

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

happyelf bot

under no circumstances should this be done

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

too late

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:q:

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

I'll use that to test my new posting algorithms

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/toricmos/status/722783267817144320

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

same

also I am getting close, I think, to being able to feed the generator a single word and it builds a response based on that.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

so I've successfully dumped the corpus generated by markovify to a json file. on to searching that file for a word and then returning the entire tuple it is part of

edit: although at this point it may just be easier to implement my own Markov chain generator

creatine fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 20, 2016

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
yo thats a really neat idea. you might also want to run the corpus through nlkt stopwords to easily get rid of all the "and, but, to"'s etc and be left with words that might produce something interesting.

I'd love to try making GBS threads up the new thread since I already made a lovely twitter bot but I'm really busy this week and on holiday next week, by which time I expect you yospos geniuses to have made a tori bot that is actually indistinguishable from the real thing.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

vodkat posted:

yo thats a really neat idea. you might also want to run the corpus through nlkt stopwords to easily get rid of all the "and, but, to"'s etc and be left with words that might produce something interesting.

I'd love to try making GBS threads up the new thread since I already made a lovely twitter bot but I'm really busy this week and on holiday next week, by which time I expect you yospos geniuses to have made a tori bot that is actually indistinguishable from the real thing.

*makes jerking off motion* eventually!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

fun with wildcards, i'm guessing?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

dodoman is the eyore of yostwitter :allears:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the bots have been absolutely killing it today, any modifications?

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Al! posted:

the bots have been absolutely killing it today, any modifications?

I manually trigger mine with seed words.

I'm working on my own markov generator. I'd say it's like 75% complete. I can currently generate randomized text based off a seed word. I need to refine how the next word is chosen based on weighting

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

training rnn on a huge enterprisey java codebase, going to take like 8 hours but the output from early checkpoints is p good

Java code:
 * Soggin the Software.
 * THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIND "SALITYARY PLPIED, INC NOT LIMITED TO WEE WICL NUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,

public String getValue() {
		return new TitleAPI();
	}
	protected static void loadCadendContent(String userId, PortletConfig(String groupId) throws DotDataException {
		String parentId = InodeUtils.iterator(url);

if (identifier.indexOf(0)) {
			throw new EmailAddress(APILocator.getUserAPI().getSystemUserCopiesComparator(), req.getAttribute(c));
		}
		return name;
	}

protected abstract void removeContentletAPI() f, role, true, StringPool extend) throws DotDataException, DotStateException;

/**
	 * @return a copy
	 * @param parent the Language to thoe file savelo, sortal using with to a null if the old to show inode of conditions:
	 * @throws DotDataException
	 */
	public String getQuestionId() {
		return conn;
	}

public void run() {
		return users.add(permissions);
	}

protected void _setChildStructureName(String parent, File password) {
		List<PortletMode>ContentletVariable> file = APILocator.getHostComparison(parameters);
		if (!results.size() > 200) {
				DotConnect dc = new Exception(e.getMessage());
		}
		return _getInstance();
	}

Westie
May 30, 2013

Baboon Simulator
bloody outsourcing

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

the code is writing itself!!!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Westie posted:

bloody outsourcing

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pumpy Dumper posted:

the code is writing itself!!!
it passes markov test

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
markov skynet

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

its the singularity! once you have computers that can build other computers, were doomed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

its the singularity! once you have computers that can build other computers, were doomed!

BEEP BOOP CHECK OUT MY SWEET NITRO RIG