Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Safety Factor posted:

:siren: Apocalypse caused Katrina :siren:

Apocalypse doesn't care about black people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

computer parts posted:

Apocalypse doesn't care about black people.

Not true, Storm is one of his Four Horsemen. :colbert:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Equeen posted:

Not true, Storm is one of his Four Horsemen. :colbert:

One of the good ones.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Why isn't En Sabah Nur a black guy anyway /s

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Gyges posted:

I do like rear end in a top hat Appocalypse though.

EN SABAH NUR: Oh, I assure you, Christopher, that everyone else is wrong. Your estimates that the Earth is 9,300 miles shorter in circumstance are accurate, I totally double checked your math.

EN SABAH NUR: *Chugs the last of the beer on the Mayflower* Now what will you do, Christopher Jones? [to one of his horsemen]Am I doomed to struggle with Christophers until the end of time?
It kind of makes him seem incompetent though. He's been up to this poo poo for thousands of years. Grow up bro. Achieve your goals on earth already and go terrorize outer space like the real big blue boys do
Or is this a League of Shadows sitch where his goal is to just show up every once in a while and cull populations

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Having the first mutant show up in ancient Egypt seems very recent relative to mankind's entire history. Is mutancy a by-product of major civilizations (like cancer caused by exposure to chemicals)?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

hiddenriverninja posted:

Having the first mutant show up in ancient Egypt seems very recent relative to mankind's entire history. Is mutancy a by-product of major civilizations (like cancer caused by exposure to chemicals)?

Originally it was the atomic age that brought about mutations. You could probably argue that increased population from agrarian societies made it more likely for someone to show up with mutant genes though.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

broken clock opsec posted:

Probably cause Egyptians aren't black

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

broken clock opsec posted:

Because ancient Egyptians weren't black.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Wolverine and Sabertooth are older than atomic weapons by a fair stretch. The writers just make whoever however old, mutants really started coming to prominence around the 60's because that's when stan lee started writing the books

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick
Apocalypse is the one who messed with Milli Vanilli's tape backstage.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Apocalypse slightly degraded my enthusiasm for this movie with a lovely PR sidequest

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Apparently Dutch supermodel Doutzen Kroes was cast in an unspecified role in Wonder Woman. Seen mingling with Gal Gadot and Connie Nielsen here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEWwmq4rWYp/ and here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEWuTj0ObUD

I'm guessing she's Artemis? I hope she's Artemis. Can she act? I've never seen her in a movie. She sure is pretty though :allears:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/EuphoricFailingAnemoneshrimp.webm

teagone fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 19, 2016

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ posted:

Remake The Big Short but with Apocalypse as the real villain. The movie already have actors playing The 4 Horsemen.

Speaking of money, it's US Tax Day!

Holmes is way overpaying for kitty litter, he needs to comparison shop better.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

teagone posted:

Apparently Dutch supermodel Doutzen Kroes was cast in an unspecified role in Wonder Woman. Seen mingling with Gal Gadot and Connie Nielsen here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEWwmq4rWYp/ and here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEWuTj0ObUD

I'm guessing she's Artemis? I hope she's Artemis. Can she act? I've never seen her in a movie. She sure is pretty though :allears:

She has a minor role in a Dutch movie called Nova Zembla as the token girlfriend, so the jury is still out on that one.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

After the two Avengers movies, Marvel is not even trying to hide it anymore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC0tTI8QhQU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Oh cool an 80 second ad for a car manufacturer.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I'd say there were mutants before Apocalypse, but they probably had powers like having a second face under their armpit, and they probably weren't immortal. Apocalypse is just the first actually powerful mutant, and also the first mutant with an interest in PR.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Did Apocalypse make the Jews build the pyramids?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

greatn posted:

Did Apocalypse make the Jews build the pyramids?

Of course not. The Jews didn't build the pyramids. He hired Egyptian laborers and artisans like any sane despotic ruler looking to have giant stone buildings that don't fall over.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I mean...they showed him single-handedly building the pyramids with his mutant powers at the end of Days of Future Past.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The MSJ posted:

After the two Avengers movies, Marvel is not even trying to hide it anymore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC0tTI8QhQU

Jesus Christ woman, pay attention to the loving road and pull over for a squad of black cars running their police lights. You almost got your family killed in a superhuman throw down.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
How did they not get the bird hair guy from the History channel to do an Apocalypse ad?

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Apocalypse stuff
George Takei as Stan Lee/Uatu confirmed.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Gyges posted:

Of course not. The Jews didn't build the pyramids. He hired Egyptian laborers and artisans like any sane despotic ruler looking to have giant stone buildings that don't fall over.

I know that's what happened in real life but this is comics

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

greatn posted:

I know that's what happened in real life but this is comics

He impregnanted a Jewish girl who would later turn out to be Magneto's ancestor.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Proposition Joe posted:

Because ancient Egyptians weren't black.

I don't want to start anything...but come on. Race is a stupid way to view things but if Africans have a set of similar characteristics, its something that is definitely shared by ancient Egyptians.

Anyvaaaaay, the poo poo? See Elizabeth Banks Morph Into Rita Repulsa For ‘Power Rangers’ Reboot

This is a thing?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh.

So that's

What she looks like in the movie

Great

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Shageletic posted:

I don't want to start anything...but come on. Race is a stupid way to view things but if Africans have a set of similar characteristics, its something that is definitely shared by ancient Egyptians.

Egyptians typically weren't black. There were a bunch of different races in Africa back then. The Nubians to the south were black Africans but Egyptians were closer to Mesopotamians in their features.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Phylodox posted:

I mean...they showed him single-handedly building the pyramids with his mutant powers at the end of Days of Future Past.

You know, the guy may have a reputation for destroying civilizations, but anyone who singlehandedly built massive grain storage buildings to help his people survive famines can't be all bad.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shageletic posted:

Anyvaaaaay, the poo poo? See Elizabeth Banks Morph Into Rita Repulsa For ‘Power Rangers’ Reboot

This is a thing?

looks like poison Ivy

Rita Repulsa should look like Miss Cleo with a costume budget. like a low rent astrologist got a big tax return and spent it on a cape/hat combo:colbert:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Shageletic posted:

This is a thing?

I really dig her design. It doesn't remind me of Rita in anyway but I like it. Movie is probably going to be bad, but I'll watch it for Banks.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Shageletic posted:

This is a thing?

You can't fool me, that's just her from the Hunger Games!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just keep thinking about the fact that the lovely parody gritty Power/Rangers fanfilm had a better looking Rita costume than that.

Squinty
Aug 12, 2007

Shageletic posted:

This is a thing?

Is this going to be the third "Asian character played by a white actress" story this month?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Squinty posted:

Is this going to be the third "Asian character played by a white actress" story this month?

Give me a break, Repulsa is clearly an Italian surname.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Squinty posted:

No, her casting was already bitched about much earlier.

What does make it hilarious is that Rita has been played by two different people in Power Rangers, neither of them were white but what can you do.

At this point I'm just happy the Ranger team has actual diversity

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

I just keep thinking about the fact that the lovely parody gritty Power/Rangers fanfilm had a better looking Rita costume than that.

lol no

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Burkion posted:

The first Power Rangers movie had a better looking Rita than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I kinda dig the Rita costume. She looks like a dragon.

• Locked thread