Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

This is amazing work. As a student of religion I can say that i've seen hundreds of paintings like this, and have shown little to no emotion. The paintings were just windows to a past i've never lived in, people who I never knew or would ever know. But this picture made me stop and evaluate. Putting Sonic in made me actually look at what was really happening. Putting something that everyone is familiar with in a situation that no one knows, and to make people feel those emotions well, that takes amazing talent. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Just a steel town girl on
a Saturday night, looking
for the fight of her life

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

This is amazing work. As a student of religion I can say that i've seen hundreds of paintings like this, and have shown little to no emotion. The paintings were just windows to a past i've never lived in, people who I never knew or would ever know. But this picture made me stop and evaluate. Putting Sonic in made me actually look at what was really happening. Putting something that everyone is familiar with in a situation that no one knows, and to make people feel those emotions well, that takes amazing talent. Thank you.

So you a theologian is saying, in order to actually feel emotion for the victim of the greatest religious hate crime in history by now, you had first to see a cartoon hedgehog you feel sympathy for smirking on the mount of Golgotha.
… You are one of those people who will only feel sad about the Crusades when someone puts in Tails who sings Onward, Christians Soldiers into the mix, aren’t you?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Kruxy posted:

So you a theologian is saying, in order to actually feel emotion for the victim of the greatest religious hate crime in history by now, you had first to see a cartoon hedgehog you feel sympathy for smirking on the mount of Golgotha.
… You are one of those people who will only feel sad about the Crusades when someone puts in Tails who sings Onward, Christians Soldiers into the mix, aren’t you?

*whoosh*

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
*whoosh* indeed.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kruxy posted:

you boob

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

you two didn't know about the rest of the copypasta did you

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So we're chaining copypasta now? Great. Just plug the forums right into the deviantart servers why don'tcha

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

So we're chaining copypasta now? Great. Just plug the forums right into the deviantart servers why don'tcha

you'd be happy if we did that then you could get undertale fanart piped directly from the source

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Swedish Horror has a new favorite as of 20:00 on Apr 19, 2016

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Invictus posted:

Get ready for a whole bunch more Classy Purple Flaming Skeleton Guy fanart popping up soon, I bet. Mystery Skulls and that dude wot animates the songs just did another collabo like two years after the last one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUYM5WNdNGc&hd=1

Hmmm whaaaaaaa? Is this, like, a real collab between the two? I really enjoy Mystery Skulls, but I know that the animated video for his song GHOST was way more popular for whatever reason. I thought it was just a fan made project to begin with, but if the guy wanted to team up with the team that made the cartoon I can't blame him. That version of the song has 14 million plus views and the original GHOST video has about 700 thousand. The more fans the better, however you can get them.

By the way if anyone hasn't seen the original video of Mystery Skulls "Ghost" go check it out. I think its hilarious.

ANYWAY heres some bullshit fanart?

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

ANYWAY heres some bullshit fanart?

I think you will find this is in fact Not Bullshit.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Hmmm whaaaaaaa? Is this, like, a real collab between the two? I really enjoy Mystery Skulls, but I know that the animated video for his song GHOST was way more popular for whatever reason. I thought it was just a fan made project to begin with, but if the guy wanted to team up with the team that made the cartoon I can't blame him. That version of the song has 14 million plus views and the original GHOST video has about 700 thousand. The more fans the better, however you can get them.

By the way if anyone hasn't seen the original video of Mystery Skulls "Ghost" go check it out. I think its hilarious.

The Ghost video was also an official collaboration. Mystery Skulls saw The Truntable Turnabout and commissioned the Ghost thing as a second official music video for their song.

It worked out pretty well for them.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Josuke has dumb hair please give some fanart of him reacting appropriately

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Neurion posted:

I think you will find this is in fact Not Bullshit.

:O !

Terrorforge posted:

The Ghost video was also an official collaboration. Mystery Skulls saw The Truntable Turnabout and commissioned the Ghost thing as a second official music video for their song.

It worked out pretty well for them.

Oh wow! No idea! Worked out very well for him I gotta say.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

It all started when that animation guy made a Phoenix Wright music fan video for one of their songs and it turned out to be very popular, so the band decided to commission him to make an official animated music video for GHOST. He failed to deliver in time, so they had to film their own music video on a short notice.

E: should have updated the page.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Who What Now posted:

"Aw, gently caress, I think I just shot Antoine in the face."

They'd have gotten a loving Emmy if that happened.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Small Frozen Thing posted:

you two didn't know about the rest of the copypasta did you

:doh: Well serves me right for not having some stupid meme image memorized, I guess.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

HGH posted:

I remember hearing about how dark that thing got. Like, the Elite Four weren't some trainer elite, they were a group of eco-terrorists who wanted Pokemon to rule the world. So for example Lance was a maniac who wanted to burn down everything to make a paradise for dragons and such? And you had people and pokemon actually dying like the image above, and team Rocket wasn't a harmless joke, and so on.

Sounds bad.

I know that it's Not Good because I read it and it's basically every bad "What if Mario had a gun" idea that you came up with as a teenager but with preteen titties hanging out everywhere.

E: Artz

Improbable Lobster has a new favorite as of 23:01 on Apr 19, 2016

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

At first glance I thought this was a Metroid Prime/Prey crossover for some reason.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'm the Chozo Daisy Dukes

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Nark, nark

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

if that's supposed to be sneezy then this artist is a hack.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

What are these even referencing?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Who What Now posted:

What are these even referencing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFfLCuHSZ-U

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Crimson Typhoon cosplay by https://brooklynrobotworks

quote:

Construction time: 550 hours

Parts Acquisition: 10 months

Weight: 152 lbs.

Some of his more interesting parts…
2 rat traps, 7 mousetraps (2 types), 53 toy truck wheels, 2 business card holders, hockey helmet,
2 plungers, rotating lawn sprinkler, 4 egg slicers, 4 ice scrapers, 4 ladles, 4 slotted spoons, camping thermos,
toilet flush valve, 8 ice skate blade guards (2 types), 2 baseball throat guards, trashcan foot pedal,
2 spoon draincups, 2 blender bases, 4 hair cutter spacers, 2 kneepads, thermos base, ski goggles,
football shoulder pads, 6 shinguards (3 types), 2 hockey leg guards, wall outlet plate, 3 vitamin cases
(2 types), 3 manicure bowls, 3 doorknob wall guards, hand towel holder, 4 bicycle splashguards
(2 types), 25 turnbuckles, corner paint applicator, slotted ladle, 2 faucet strainers, paper towel holder,
3 screen door latches, handheld spotlight, 2 flashlights, closet pole mounts, lots of bottlecaps,
lots of knobs & pull handles, lots and lots of plastic from trashcans, buckets & food containers

Concordat has a new favorite as of 02:55 on Jan 28, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

Sounds bad.

I know that it's Not Good because I read it and it's basically every bad "What if Mario had a gun" idea that you came up with as a teenager but with preteen titties hanging out everywhere.

As someone else mentioned I conflated that and Pokemon Special, the actual series that's been going for years.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 00:48 on Apr 20, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

HGH posted:

As someone else mentioned I conflated that and Pokemon Special, the actual series that's been going for years.

I think I did the same thing! I remember reading both irregularly when I was young.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

i guess i'd pay a dollar to escape love with in app purchases
nobody quote this I have to fix the grammar this is saying things I didn't intend

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Yeah, welcome to the club pal.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Not fan art but too good not to share anyway.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Dunno how a loss.jpg discussion happened in the ios games thread, but this was a great one posted there.

Helical Nightmares posted:

Courtesy of /tg/ and Ravenloft a couple days ago.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Pardon the derail but I don't know where else to ask. I know what Homestuck is but why is it so universally reviled on this forum? The fanbase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Pardon the derail but I don't know where else to ask. I know what Homestuck is but why is it so universally reviled on this forum? The fanbase?

Pretty much. I mean, it had a really strong following here for a while and many practitioners still honor it in secret, but once the angsty alien teens had spewed out more words than War & Peace, I think lots of people just got tired of it. And yeah the stereotypical fan usually comes off as equal or worse than a brony in terms of crazy.

• Locked thread