Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Wanamingo posted:

I'm saying that once you get to a certain level of quality, jams even out and become pretty indistinguishable from each other. Your grandma's lingonberry jam is a far sight better than any old random poo poo, but there's not much it can do to edge out that overpriced jar of all natural, organic jam you can get at your local healthfood store.

Just because I can Politician Jam-Taster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

Skippy (February 19, 1929)

Peanuts (April 22, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

As someone who just dumped eight bins of books to a seller and didn't even break the century mark when they cut the check, this story is beginning to piss me off.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (February 13-14, 1929)

Thimble Theater (November 6, 1929)

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Shugojin posted:

Except for cost waaaaaaaaaay less, of course.

Well, sure, but the conversation was on taste

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (November 6, 1929)

Catchphrase sighted!

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Early Popeye might need some serious therapy.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

As someone who just dumped eight bins of books to a seller and didn't even break the century mark when they cut the check, this story is beginning to piss me off.

This is just putting me in mind of all those independent "book shops" that are just hoarder dens with price tags.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I'm very down for several decades of Popeye just beating the poo poo out of cops.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail Meets a Rut

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mercury Hat posted:

This is just putting me in mind of all those independent "book shops" that are just hoarder dens with price tags.

There's a general second hand shop near me that looks like a hoarder's den of random furniture, household appliances and knick-knacks. It is the least appealing shop I have ever seen. Local second hand bookshop is much nicer. The stacks on the floor are waiting to be sorted rather than permanent fixtures.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

This is funny. What happened?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

1. I hope her house acts as some kind of temporary cat shelter or else yikes

2. Heh, only 4 genders? Looks like someone's got a thing or two to learn from tumblr (but seriously that's cool)

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Zanzibar Ham posted:

2. Heh, only 4 genders? Looks like someone's got a thing or two to learn from tumblr (but seriously that's cool)

If you didn't want to go through the rites that would make you a man in that tribe, then they'd stuff you in a dress, keep you with the women, and then marry you off to some guy.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Aztec posted:

If you didn't want to go through the rites that would make you a man in that tribe, then they'd stuff you in a dress, keep you with the women, and then marry you off to some guy.

Yeah, I'll need some evidence of this please.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (March 27, 1951)

Barnaby (September 1, 1942)

Nancy (May 11, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (January 22, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (February 20, 1923)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Brotherly Love Comix

Pooch Café

Okay, show of hands, is there anybody who didn't want to do sleepovers at that one kid's house just because his family ate better?

Ballard Street

Come on, guys, you can put more effort into it than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZaSnGwD2qM

Lost Side of Suburbia

Heckbender always seemed like a design Kory Merritt came up with way before this comic, and he just decided to stick him in there because he fit in pretty well.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SuperKlaus posted:

This is funny. What happened?

modern Dilbert seems to be almost entirely about how smart and calm Dilbert (and by extension You, the white male tech savvy reader) is compared to his eccentric and idiotic boss, coworkers, and dates. early on it seemed like Dilbert's nerdiness was the joke (but not in a mean-spirited way), now it just seems bitter and angry.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Early Dilbert was written when Adams was not long out of the cube farm himself. It's decades since then, he's got no idea how to do the modern generic nerd thing.

Which is fine, it would probably end up looking like Family Guy nerd and his nerd friend, and nerd love obsession, and nerd stalker, and nerd other one, and the affable if somewhat 1970's sports guy.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

RandomFerret posted:

Okay, show of hands, is there anybody who didn't want to do sleepovers at that one kid's house just because his family ate better?
I was the kid with the pantry full of snack foods and sodas. What I wanted to go to friend's houses for was Nintendo.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Wait, are you telling me we were just s step away from a parkour storyline in Mary Worth?

Rex Morgan MD

"Kelly! Around the family it's 'Dr. Morgan,' remember?"

Secret Agent X-9

Complicated combinations of flares to signal things again. Someone invent portable radio, quick. I assume we have to wait for WWII for that though.

Apartment 3-G

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is into the art of the deal.

Working Daze hits a new terrible low.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix looks under the surface.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts: Year Four (September 6-8, 1954)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Yeah, I'll need some evidence of this please.
"keep you with the women"

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Wait, are you telling me we were just s step away from a parkour storyline in Mary Worth?

I thought I wanted to see Mary Worth depict yoga, but that desire is may as well be disdain compared to how much I want to see Mary Worth depict parkour.

Luann

It's 10:30 and she's that groggy. Those two went to bed at 9, didn't they?

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Julet Esqu posted:

Phantom Classic
:roflolmao:

I don't know if Moy is being crueller to us, by teasing the possibility of seeing those two doing parkour, or to Giella by threatening to make him try to draw it.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Once again, another warning sign of the horrors that were yet to come.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

It's 10:30 and she's that groggy. Those two went to bed at 9, didn't they?

These two idiots are rapidly becoming even more boring and insufferable than Gunther.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze hits a new terrible low.

Speaking as the nerdiest goon and the gooniest nerd I want to give Zakour and Roberts an atomic wedgie and stuff them in a locker so bad right now.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Aardmania posted:

Once again, another warning sign of the horrors that were yet to come.
It's because the crosshatched-up snail shell is straight out of Uzumaki.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder what Todd the Dinosaur's up to.

Huh

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

The gently caress is this poo poo?

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Johnny Walker posted:

Secret Agent X-9

Complicated combinations of flares to signal things again. Someone invent portable radio, quick. I assume we have to wait for WWII for that though.

Agent H-14 doesn't even know what signals he's sending (although I suppose he doesn't technically need to know)

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Allegro vaffanculo, Brooke.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Berke slept in again today. :shrug:

Skippy (February 20, 1929)

Peanuts (April 23, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

The punchline: FARTS! :downsrim:

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (February 18-19, 1929)

BoyzengurlzenMOMZendorgs!

Thimble Theater (November 7, 1929)

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis

Jam is made with bits of the fruit in it. So, it's a thicker, chunkier, jelly.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange
That seems like a legitimate question to me. :shrug:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Perhaps it's a two-sided joke. Non-medical people think "haha, why would you wake him up to give him sleeping pills", medical people think "haha, only a student doctor would ask whether they should give the patient their scheduled medication".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

goatface posted:

Perhaps it's a two-sided joke. Non-medical people think "haha, why would you wake him up to give him sleeping pills", medical people think "haha, only a student doctor would ask whether they should give the patient their scheduled medication".

I'm gonna use a fancy medical person word here and say that sleeping pills would be PRN

• Locked thread