Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
also what's the cool dread moros or swaglfar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Obviously it's the Phoenix

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Landsknecht posted:

Caldari supremacy of GTFO.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
While flying the Hel on Sisi I realized the most annoying thing to do against bombers is kill the squadron down to one or two units. If you kill them all the super gets to launch a new squadron with replenished bombs.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

frozenpussy posted:

While flying the Hel on Sisi I realized the most annoying thing to do against bombers is kill the squadron down to one or two units. If you kill them all the super gets to launch a new squadron with replenished bombs.

Don't you want fighter killmails?!?!

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Mederlock posted:

Obviously it's the Phoenix

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

frozenpussy posted:

The annoying thing is how small fighter bays are - if you jump in with a specific fighter setup ahead of time (anti-cap heavies for example), you get maybe 3 sets of 3 squadrons out. If you jump in with any sort of utility (combination of anti-subcap and cap heavies, anti-drone/cruiser lights, support fighters) you get like 1 group of squadrons for each.

Also high angle rev supremacy

Anyone know roundabouts what T2 capital guns are going to cost? About the same as current meta guns?

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

Wormhole alliances have really smaller player counts and if any massive nullsec block put in the time they could easily evict pretty much anyone.

Yeah, I highly, highly doubt this would ever happen.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

frozenpussy posted:

So its the World of Warships tactic and mechanic which is pretty in keeping with raising the skill cap for flying capitals. It also balances them nicely with dreads with dreads being easier to use but higher risk.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

RhoA posted:

Yeah, I highly, highly doubt this would ever happen.

Is that right mighty hole warrior :corsair:stoy

Cyaxares
Feb 4, 2010
Can someone explain to me the rationale behind mittens posting nothing but weird ~truegoon~ references that at least 3/4 of GoonWaffe members will not get? (not even talking about GSF or The Imperium at large)

Trying to garner the support of people who used to play EVE seven to ten years ago seems like a ... rather eccentric strategy for rebuilding The Imperium. Is there some kind of internal culture war going on that would explain his posting or what am I missing?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Cyaxares posted:

Can someone explain to me the rationale behind mittens posting nothing but weird ~truegoon~ references that at least 3/4 of GoonWaffe members will not get? (not even talking about GSF or The Imperium at large)

Trying to garner the support of people who used to play EVE seven to ten years ago seems like a ... rather eccentric strategy for rebuilding The Imperium. Is there some kind of internal culture war going on that would explain his posting or what am I missing?

How about you suck my drat balls instead?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Cyaxares posted:

Is there some kind of internal culture war going on

Yes, but not what you think

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

vyst posted:

:perfect:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Cyaxares posted:

You have cause and effect backwards. Old goons started coming out of the woodwork, and telling stories about the great war.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Landsknecht posted:

yeah it's me the worst cover spy

That was me laughing at you trying to get back into ISRAD irc the second there's something to smug about, not me implying you're a spy, doofus.

I wish you'd post more like the chill, non-evethread-posting Landsknecht. :(

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Are there any changes to the Phoenix at all in Citadel other then the basic EHP nerfs and ship hangers, like a missile version of the high angle guns?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Landsknecht posted:

Revelation :unsmigghh:

Goatman Sacks posted:

Also high angle rev supremacy

I think there's a good case for say 10% of even a structure / cap shooting cap fleet to be high angle fit for tackle clearing

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Krogort posted:

Except WH CFC can field hundreds of T3s plus cap support and are autistic enough to seed them during months when planing a big op. Good luck doing that with null grunts.

This, basically. Not that GSF couldn't field hundreds of T3s plus cap support, it's just that the WHCFC would actually have the desire to fight and convincing a thousand goons to go into wormholes (without having them getting stuck on the C3 site isk-grinding wheel on the way) is probably not going to happen.

It's not that living in wormholes is actually as hard as people talk about, especially with all the tools at hand. It's that it's MORE work than living in kspace and goons are fat and lazy. If we can't get 4 full fleets of anything formed up, interceptors or caracals (buy caracals on contract!), or megas, in saranen to go less than 10 jumps to fight MBC, I highly doubt you're going to get enough people to orchestrate a months long campaign in WH space to evict the entrenched forces of the WHCFC. I highly doubt you'd even get 4 full fleets worth of people that were even interested in such a campaign.

This is a fantasy and not a good one. GSF / Imperium is a null sec entity. I'd be interested in hearing what the actual plans are for the next few months other than "hellwar" and "sovwoxing".

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Foehammer007 posted:

Is that right mighty hole warrior :corsair:stoy

Sod off :baby:hammer.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Mederlock posted:

Are there any changes to the Phoenix at all in Citadel other then the basic EHP nerfs and ship hangers, like a missile version of the high angle guns?

Rapid Torp launchers.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I think there's a good case for say 10% of even a structure / cap shooting cap fleet to be high angle fit for tackle clearing

Two HAW scorch revs can neuter all 3 heavy fighter squadrons of a super before they even get into range - though they could always MJD past the point of highest range/tracking. I spend a few minutes on sisi pissing people off doing this, until they brought a Rag in to deal with me.

Basically HAW revs will be the anti-support legions of capital fleets.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Dr. Pangloss posted:

This, basically. Not that GSF couldn't field hundreds of T3s plus cap support, it's just that the WHCFC would actually have the desire to fight and convincing a thousand goons to go into wormholes (without having them getting stuck on the C3 site isk-grinding wheel on the way) is probably not going to happen.

It's not that living in wormholes is actually as hard as people talk about, especially with all the tools at hand. It's that it's MORE work than living in kspace and goons are fat and lazy. If we can't get 4 full fleets of anything formed up, interceptors or caracals (buy caracals on contract!), or megas, in saranen to go less than 10 jumps to fight MBC, I highly doubt you're going to get enough people to orchestrate a months long campaign in WH space to evict the entrenched forces of the WHCFC. I highly doubt you'd even get 4 full fleets worth of people that were even interested in such a campaign.

This is a fantasy and not a good one. GSF / Imperium is a null sec entity. I'd be interested in hearing what the actual plans are for the next few months other than "hellwar" and "sovwoxing".

So much this. We could barely get people to scan in Hole Squad, a squad for people in the Imperium who are supposedly interested in living and pvping in wormholes (laffo). So this idea that we could somehow muster up enough null-based goons to rage roll holes and then scan them out to bring enough people into a hole and then maintain control of a hole to evict any of the WHCFC entities is a pipe dream.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Dr. Pangloss posted:

I'd be interested in hearing what the actual plans are for the next few months other than "hellwar" and "sovwoxing".

Sovwar and hellwoxing.

I think the plan is to play spaceships and have fun.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Dr. Pangloss posted:

The plan is to mainly harass/be annoying until the blob breaks up then go all in on one of the alliances squatting in the north.

All of the people involved are highly invested in a Balkanized nullsec, which means when it's all over were still the equivalent of a 2000 pound gorilla. Bonus fact is even if they do form voltron to a lesser degree, they will learn the coalition lesson in regards to defending.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Goatman Sacks posted:

Two HAW scorch revs can neuter all 3 heavy fighter squadrons of a super before they even get into range - though they could always MJD past the point of highest range/tracking. I spend a few minutes on sisi pissing people off doing this, until they brought a Rag in to deal with me.

Basically HAW revs will be the anti-support legions of capital fleets.

could HAW nag or moros achieve the same thing?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

http://i.imgur.com/wp1jEBo.webm

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Xachariah posted:

Sovwar and hellwoxing.

I think the plan is to play spaceships and have fun.

Ha, yeah. Speaking of playing spaceships and having fun, I actually shocked myself by going on an interceptor fleet led by Boat and then was more surprised when I had a really good time with it. Instawarp and bubble immunity are stupidly overpowered, but it was fun.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

And then when you go to work it gets mad and pees on your pillow.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Hobold posted:

Rapid Torp launchers.

You know, we got Rapid Light Missile launchers and Rapid Heavy Missile launchers, so why not Rapid Cruise Missile launchers?

Rapid Torps are like Rapid Rockets or Rapid Assault Missile launchers. Far too awesome to exist. (Also I love the idea of rapid firing missiles across several hundred km so please give me Rapid Cruise launchers)

Libluini fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 19, 2016

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Dr. Pangloss posted:

And then when you go to work it gets mad and pees on your pillow.

So pessimistic :colbert:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only way to prevent it from doing that is by asserting your dominance.

http://i.imgur.com/ZKBYvGG.webm

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Libluini posted:

You know, we got Rapid Light Missile launchers and Rapid Heavy Missile launchers, so why not Rapid Cruise Missile launchers?

Rapid Torps are like Rapid Rockets or Rapid Assault Missile launchers. Far too awesome to exist. (Also I love the idea of rapid firing missiles across several hundred km so please give me Rapid Cruise launchers)

Not sure if Rapid Cruises are a thing or not, is why I didn't mention them. I haven't looked at the new guns on sisi in a couple weeks.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Libluini posted:

Don't forget to command destroyer the missiles back to the thing shooting them for double the alpha on the second volley

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Altran posted:

A Naglfar might work, I haven't checked to see how well they do with barrage (I could only skill inject one capital turret 5). Blasters are probably too short of range, the sweet spot is about 100km in terms of range and tracking, at least with lasers. I imagine any heavy fighters that get into blaster range will just be nuked by a carrier fleet carrying anti-drone fighters setting up a close range fighter screen. Or maybe I'm giving too much organizational credit to our capfleet.

Rhymenoserous posted:

highly invested in a Balkanized nullsec,

Ironically, our first target will be to go full Tito on the Serbians.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Altran posted:

If the capital versions of the T2 guns behave like those on subcaps, no not as well. Scorch has disproportionately good tracking for its range bonus.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

:stonk:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I'm the cat pissing itself while flipping over the chair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Dr. Pangloss posted:

I know you were in holesquad, and I don't remember who, but I can tell you, holesquad was always essentially a goon counterculture with poor leadership. If the core leadership of GSF and the core tryhards of GSF decided to do the wormhole "thing" the outcome would be very different in my opinion.

Actually I'd like to amend that statement, the hole violence leadership was good. Up until that point it was pretty bad.

pseudanonymous fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 19, 2016

• Locked thread