Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Perplx posted:

the macbook was updated to skylake and is now avaiable in rose gold

still no thunderbolt 3 or even usb 3.1 rev 2
still has a 480p camera lol

and still only a single usb port

they also made 8GB RAM standard on the 13" mba, no option for anything else. 11" still has 4 standard, option for 8.

lol if apple doesn't ditch the air this year and release a redesigned macbook, ultra-lol if they eventually just ditch the air and keep the macbook with its current gimped design. their hardware lineup is getting increasingly hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Amethyst posted:

I'm sure your phone is fine, and suits your needs, but it's worse, and will continue to get worse, for completely avoidable reasons

no, but how is it worse?

i mean you say it's worse, so there's some quantifiable way to show that right? this isn't just your gut feeling or something you read in an article, right?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

infernal machines posted:

no, but how is it worse?

i mean you say it's worse, so there's some quantifiable way to show that right? not like your nu'hu xp was perfect and good in every way thing.

not sure why you're pretending to not know what I've been saying for several pages. is this some badass rhetoric you learned at the university of esteemed retards?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
i have a 5c and an ipad mini 2 with current OSes on them that i use for my business and they're very needs suiting. i can think of a dozen or so people off the top of my heads that have iphones and have zero complaints about anything from updates.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Amethyst posted:

not sure why you're pretending to not know what I've been saying for several pages. is this some badass rhetoric you learned at the university of esteemed retards?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
also the only thing im finding regarding a class action suit about performance on 4s phones which are almost 5 years old.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

wow thanks for the story. you, personally, love your lovely iPhone. definitely has a huge bearing on the broad discussion were having about consumer law and profit driven corporate rationalism

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Amethyst posted:

wow thanks for the story. you, personally, love your lovely iPhone. definitely has a huge bearing on the broad discussion were having about consumer law and profit driven corporate rationalism

no one is having that discussion because you keep making things up, refusing to support your claims, and calling people retards.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

all the performance issues I've seen on my 5 are due to increased load as apps get more bloated because the average iphone they're targeting is more powerful so make sure you never update your apps and put up an http proxy in front of your phone to capture a copy of the world exactly as it is right now so you can build your magical bullshit bubble where time doesn't advance and nothing ever changes

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

y

no one is having that discussion because you keep making things up, refusing to support your claims, and calling people retards.

I've supported all of my claims, and specifically cut down all of your bullshit arguments. you, on the other hand, selectively edit my posts before quoting and respond with emoticons. because you are bad, and dumb, and mad

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

iPhone good

Amethyst dumb

:wave:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
blue stymie mad

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

a cyberpunk goose posted:

iPhone good

Amethyst dumb

:wave:

this is what a burn looks like in yospos. a sullen affirmation of the dominant mindset, written in actual baby speak. you're a cool bunch of guys

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

blue stymie mad

and another one. baying herd of deadshits

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Amethyst posted:

I've supported all of my claims, and specifically cut down all of my bullshit arguments.

this is a step in the right direction

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

whoops. time for bed.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
how the hell do you melt donw in this lovely thread? can we bring back rule 36 just to kick out hte poors?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
maybe it was ambien related.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it was ios related

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Amethyst posted:

also, paying 900 bucks for something should entitle you to more than a year or two of real support, not bullshit support that screws you over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpc-zAbL2Uw

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I still use my old ipad (I think it's a 3??? it has a retina screen but not much ram)

Most newer apps are real lovely on it but Safari and crappy looking apps (awful.ipa lol) seem to work as well as they ever did. I blame UX designers

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

blue stymie is a liar

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Amethyst single handedly owned all the incredible low T depressed apple thread regulars lol

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

he had to take a break from lying about iphones because his mummy sent him to bed

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

compare to other computers
does people's MacBook Pro run slower on 10.10 than 10.8 or even 10.6? because something like the 2011 mba or even 2009 mbp seem to be running faster than before and more responsive than ever on 10.10 especially with memory compression and whatnot

the main reason older iOS devices seems slow is because older arm chips are insanely slow, but we are almost getting to the point where speed will be decent for quite a while

even today something like the 5s with 64bit a7 is still decent come compare to the status of the 4s when 5s came out

also blame ads and the miloion JavaScript ad tracking you load when you click on a page with the latest cat pictures

Encrypted fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 19, 2016

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

born on a buy you posted:

how the hell do you melt donw in this lovely thread? can we bring back rule 36 just to kick out hte poors?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Encrypted posted:

also blame ads and the miloion JavaScript ad tracking you load when you click on a page with the latest cat pictures
reminder that iOS Safari now supports free, effective Adblock

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

really? how do you do that?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

sure, but you'd have to upgrade to get it, that's how they get you. then your phone will run worse in some unspecified way

on purpose. but not really, it just happens.

except when it doesn't like with microsoft.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

sure, but you'd have to upgrade to get it, that's how they get you. then your phone will run worse in some unspecified way

on purpose. but not really, it just happens.

except when it doesn't like with microsoft.

lol @ the increasing desperation of your denial.

everyone on the planet knows that iphones get laggier as you update them. the keyboard gets slower, often missing inputs. simple things like loading the home screen and unlocking the phone are slower.

i don't give a poo poo if you think it's fine that this happens but straight up denying it is a heinously pathetic act of fandom

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

lol this av is cool

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

**~Hello Boys~**

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Amethyst posted:

i don't give a poo poo if you think it's fine that this happens but straight up denying it is a heinously pathetic act of fandom

your phone is broken or you have apps that are loving things up. wipe it and see how it works.

i have a 5s running 9.3.1 and i do not have these issues. no yospos bullshit, i have a 32gb iphone 5s running ios 9.3.1 and it does not do that

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
apple supports devices for years longer than any other manufacturer, but that's just part of their planned obsolescence plan!

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

your phone is broken or you have apps that are loving things up. wipe it and see how it works.

i have a 5s running 9.3.1 and i do not have these issues. no yospos bullshit, i have a 32gb iphone 5s running ios 9.3.1 and it does not do that

I actually did mess around with my clean state 5c for a while before selling it yesterday. it was a laggy piece of junk that would drop inputs, just like it dos with all my apps and poo poo on it

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

The Management posted:

apple supports devices for years longer than any other manufacturer, but that's just part of their planned obsolescence plan!

The Management posted:

the fact that this is an industry wide problem doesn't excuse one particular brand

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i've had this 5s since launch in 2013. other than a few builds in the late ios8 days that somehow broke pushmail, it works the same as the day i got it. they fixed the pushmail bug, so it's all good.

if there's a significant difference between that and a phone running a 32bit proc, idk, but the phone is the same age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Amethyst posted:

the fact that this is an industry wide problem doesn't excuse one particular brand

so tell me, how long should a device be supported by its manufacturer?

• Locked thread