Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Jon Do posted:

basically these people are human scum who have put an unstable man under such pressure that he gained 100 pounds and is overweight in a potentially fatal manner. Then made it difficult for him to stay on his diet.

the tragedy is somewhat lessened, in light of his shadow persona reveal

Maybe this is the only way he knows how to get out of the hell he is trapped in without destroying all that he loves. He's subconsciously martyring himself by taking on all of this hate so he can be fired with minimal harm to the project as a whole so he can be freed from his sugar-glazed cage. If he makes his removal look like his fault, then no one else could be blamed, least of all his idol Roberts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah, reading through some of his posts its obvious his family definitly loved him and showed it often and sincerely.

Imagine how disappointed his dad must be to see that it didn't equate to poo poo and his baby boy still turned out to be a pudgy scottish guy's pet sperg

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, reading through some of his posts its obvious his family definitly loved him and showed it often and sincerely.

Imagine how disappointed his dad must be to see that it didn't equate to poo poo and his baby boy still turned out to be a pudgy scottish guy's pet sperg

Let's not throw unfounded accusations like that around. Roberts is NOT Scottish.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

Let's not throw unfounded accusations like that around. Roberts is NOT Scottish.

He's Scammish.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Skoll posted:

He's Scammish.

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
Ham 2 slices? More like WHOLE HOG!

bc he's a fat

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Scamdinavian.

Sunswipe fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 19, 2016

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Isnt that just Ben with a wig

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol that autistic post on the last page

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Sunswipe posted:

Scamdinavian.

LOL

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i liked him better when he worked for giant bomb

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Booblord Zagats posted:

his dad is probably a shitizen like landos dad

Parallax Scroll posted:

i liked him better when he worked for giant bomb

davis would have probably beat the poo poo out of lesnick

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sunswipe posted:

Scamdinavian.
Ben's like the only person near the top of that dumpster fire who has no Gizmondo connections. Must miss a lot of in-jokes.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SelenicMartian posted:

Ben's like the only person near the top of that dumpster fire who has no Gizmondo connections. Must miss a lot of in-jokes.

Hopefully that means the Swedish mafia won't need to shoot him when this all crashes. We'll know if they're planning to when we hear of anti-tank weapons being stolen.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

8 track betamax posted:

have you considered a career with the Stimpire?

Yes. Unfortunately it's a don't call us we'll call you sitch

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm morbidly curious how :lesnick: and Mrs :lesnick: achieve coitus... Are cranes involved? Or a complicated pulley system?

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

ZenMaster posted:

Cross posting from the Star Citizen thread:

:siren:EFFORT POST::siren:

For the morning crew to chew on, if I am being a jerk let me know, I will delete this, I am not minimizing depression or what Ben went through.

Timeline from very weak googling:

Been reading a lot of information put other there by Ben after Benghazi dropped... something didn't add up... and I read more than a few conflicting statements...

He wrote two LJ updates, one of April 16th and April 18th, 2016 to explain himself.

Ben makes one apology in the April 16th LJ update:

He is sorry it's so boring! I guess we are all just dum dums! Actually, this is a dodge. No one cares about his LJs. They are not the true issue here, it is the IRC chats. They are full of racism, pedophilia-related content, and threats of murder and violence (some against children). No one is using the LJs to troll Ben, or at least, that would be worthless as they are boring. But, Ben can explain the chats:

Ben Lesnick, April 16, 2016:

So, he's blaming SA for his disgusting IRC chats, right? Cause it convenient to blame the ones calling you out, no?

Something Awful was founded in 1999. Ben Lesnick would have been 18 years old when it was founded. Depending on when he discovered it and how long it took to 'idolize' it, he could well have been 19-20. This is further proven with:

The #WINGNUT IRC chat was founded in 1997 (and WCNEWS in 1998) a full 2 years before SA existed. If SA is to blame, this this:

Ben Lesnick, April 18, 2016:

is bollocks.

Two things here: If Something Awful is to blame as he says in the first missive, then this is simply not true. He would have been 18-20 range, an adult. Secondly, no one ever teased him for thinking cartoon anime women are hot. Some rational people might tell you that THINKING CARTOON ANIME CHILDREN are hot is BAD....that is the issue.... and if he was 17, how is a 17 year old thinking a 10 year old is "hot" and describing sexual things ok anywhere? Ben admits in graphic detail what he would do to a ten year old "cartoon anime woman," er child...

So, let's assume for the moment all of his gross rants and Hitler jokes and shooting up a classroom jokes are his to own, and not SA's fault... he was 17 and misguided.. he seriously was angry at the world? No friends, family, and nothing to live for? Losing your sight would be devastating, I am not minimized that at all... and maybe he did hide how he was feeling, but look at this.. is this the world of a anti-social, angsty teen who wrote those horrible things?

I get you were mad, depressed, and felt you wouldn't get out of life what you wanted... it would make anyone depressed. But it seems you had a tight family who loved you. Big parties, similar interests, and there are LJ after LJ of Ben buying things... every LJ is him buying a new toy or DVD series and enjoying it... he is passionate, and it shows... what doesn't show is the reason for the disturbing chats.

Who you are in secret is who you are in reality. That was exposed recently. I believe you have changed, but stop blaming everything and everyone else. Those things were inside you at one point, and you let them spill out onto the web in vibrant color, and people accepted you and you only got worse. Form 2002 and beyond you do some amazing things in your life, stuff even I have never done... I assume 1997-2002 was similar... your dad seems cool, did you go to Civil War reenactments with him? Museums with your mom, aquariums with your sister? I think you did...

But Ben, why do you never address: why did losing an eye make you joke about sex with kids? About shooting up a schoolroom of kids? How is the excuse that you felt you "had the world figure out" applicable? I would agree if it were embarrassing political posts or dumb ideas about society and its ill that were uncovered. If Sept 11th made you mad, why the racist rant against blacks, Chinese, etc? How do jokes about murdering kids fit into that narrative?

They don't. I do not deny you were very depressed. I do not claim to know how you felt during those dark times, and I am glad you found an outlet and friends to get through... but normal conversations between friends don't include these things. And if they do no one keeps a record of their awfulness. And then doubles down as to why they were kept.

If he truly did hate the world at one point and was just a dumb kid, it would have been in 1997-1999 time frame, and his chats would have started way before SA and any influence that would have had.

So by maybe, 24 you had mellowed?

Sorry, you were 27 when you wrote this stuff... lesson not learned?

DarkOff had a bit more to add, thanks Dark.

same

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Skoll posted:

I'm morbidly curious how :lesnick: and Mrs :lesnick: achieve coitus... Are cranes involved? Or a complicated pulley system?

No idea but I bet it smells loving awful

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Skoll posted:

Dickie-do syndrome is real

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ZenMaster posted:

For the morning crew to chew on, if I am being a jerk let me know, I will delete this, I am not minimizing depression or what Ben went through.

Been reading a lot of information put other there by Ben after Benghazi dropped... something didn't add up... and I read more than a few conflicting statements...

He wrote two LJ updates, one of April 16th and April 18th, 2016 to explain himself.

He is sorry it's so boring! I guess we are all just dum dums! Actually, this is a dodge. No one cares about his LJs. They are not the true issue here, it is the IRC chats. They are full of racism, pedophilia-related content, and threats of murder and violence (some against children). No one is using the LJs to troll Ben, or at least, that would be worthless as they are boring. But, Ben can explain the chats:

So, he's blaming SA for his disgusting IRC chats, right? Cause it convenient to blame the ones calling you out, no?

Something Awful was founded in 1999. Ben Lesnick would have been 18 years old when it was founded. Depending on when he discovered it and how long it took to 'idolize' it, he could well have been 19-20. This is further proven with:

The #WINGNUT IRC chat was founded in 1997 (and WCNEWS in 1998) a full 2 years before SA existed. If SA is to blame, this this:

is bollocks.

Two things here: If Something Awful is to blame as he says in the first missive, then this is simply not true. He would have been 18-20 range, an adult. Secondly, no one ever teased him for thinking cartoon anime women are hot. Some rational people might tell you that THINKING CARTOON ANIME CHILDREN are hot is BAD....that is the issue.... and if he was 17, how is a 17 year old thinking a 10 year old is "hot" and describing sexual things ok anywhere? Ben admits in graphic detail what he would do to a ten year old "cartoon anime woman," er child...

So, let's assume for the moment all of his gross rants and Hitler jokes and shooting up a classroom jokes are his to own, and not SA's fault... he was 17 and misguided.. he seriously was angry at the world? No friends, family, and nothing to live for? Losing your sight would be devastating, I am not minimized that at all... and maybe he did hide how he was feeling, but look at this.. is this the world of a anti-social, angsty teen who wrote those horrible things?

I get you were mad, depressed, and felt you wouldn't get out of life what you wanted... it would make anyone depressed. But it seems you had a tight family who loved you. Big parties, similar interests, and there are LJ after LJ of Ben buying things... every LJ is him buying a new toy or DVD series and enjoying it... he is passionate, and it shows... what doesn't show is the reason for the disturbing chats.

Who you are in secret is who you are in reality. That was exposed recently. I believe you have changed, but stop blaming everything and everyone else. Those things were inside you at one point, and you let them spill out onto the web in vibrant color, and people accepted you and you only got worse. Form 2002 and beyond you do some amazing things in your life, stuff even I have never done... I assume 1997-2002 was similar... your dad seems cool, did you go to Civil War reenactments with him? Museums with your mom, aquariums with your sister? I think you did...

But Ben, why do you never address: why did losing an eye make you joke about sex with kids? About shooting up a schoolroom of kids? How is the excuse that you felt you "had the world figure out" applicable? I would agree if it were embarrassing political posts or dumb ideas about society and its ill that were uncovered. If Sept 11th made you mad, why the racist rant against blacks, Chinese, etc? How do jokes about murdering kids fit into that narrative?

They don't. I do not deny you were very depressed. I do not claim to know how you felt during those dark times, and I am glad you found an outlet and friends to get through... but normal conversations between friends don't include these things. And if they do no one keeps a record of their awfulness. And then doubles down as to why they were kept.

If he truly did hate the world at one point and was just a dumb kid, it would have been in 1997-1999 time frame, and his chats would have started way before SA and any influence that would have had.

if i had the power i would round up every person who cared about this and destroy all their anime in front of them before murdering them with a hammer

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i imagine that if i was doxxed and my employer found out i said that she would nod sagely

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ZenMaster posted:

is bollocks.

loving laffo that one of you sick sad neckbeards put the effort into all this. laffo and kinda disturbing as gently caress.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

i imagine that if i was doxxed and my employer found out i said that she would nod sagely

You work for Sandi Gardiner?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

You work for Sandi Gardiner?
i'm sorry i'm not autistic enough to know who that is

edit: and :laffo: if you think i'm going to waste any of my life looking it up

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Skoll posted:

If you're as morbidly curious as they are obese, I suggest you lay off Star Citizen discussions for a while.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So the million pages a day that get added to the star citizen thread in games wasn't enough and you had to cram 22 of them in gbs as well huh. Well I'm not sure how to feel about that

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

ZenMaster posted:

is bollocks.

me too thanks

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Skoll posted:

hi congratulations you've won "the grossest post in the thread" prize

here's your trophy:

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Aesop Poprock posted:

So the million pages a day that get added to the star citizen thread in games wasn't enough and you had to cram 22 of them in gbs as well huh. Well I'm not sure how to feel about that

good, because it's much easier to go through this thread's 22 pages to extract the comedy than try and keep up with the 22 pages a second that gets posted in Games?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

ZenMaster posted:

is bollocks.

jesus christ dude take your meds

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

That is one huge bitch. gently caress.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Aesop Poprock posted:

People have to know! I'm melting down about this here!!

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

this thread was better when it was also about hot dogs

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
why are there 22 pages about a fat weirdo

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sir_Charles posted:

this thread was better when it was also about hot dogs

You ever throw a hot dog down a hallway

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

good, because it's much easier to go through this thread's 22 pages to extract the comedy than try and keep up with the 22 pages a second that gets posted in Games?

22 pages is still a lot of pages for making fun of a sad fat man who will be dead in less than a year

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

does anyone have a link to the original :lesnick: vid tucked away? tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

vols bitch posted:

why are there 22 pages about a fat weirdo

It gets better when you look at post history.

SunSwipe has posted literally nothing but starcitizen for the past two months.

Should we call social services? Is Games truly like this?

• Locked thread