Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That game will be bad like you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Big "Downer" Baal strikes again

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I expect better than this WEAK effort from you baal
Idk what the standards are in Neo Eurasia, but they seem quite insane

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hace posted:

Big "Downer" Baal strikes again

I didn't want Nier to join my list of games I will make fun of to rile people up like P5, but here we are

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

drat, well at least I know for certain now. I hadn't heard of Fightcade before, I'll check that out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Persona Aureo will be absolutely, positively not good

The best video games are ones that feature Claire "Lightning" Farron.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The best video games are ones that feature Claire "Lightning" Farron.

Oh wow, Aurain, that hurt to read. maybe it's because I don't have my glasses on, wait a second--
nope. Still painful to read.

This reminds me, on saturday, I was at a friends place and he had ASB, and I recalled watching Baal's Kakyoin video for his HftF LP. As soon as I learned what the taunt button was, I won every game.

Well, "won" in the metaphorical sense, anyways.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

bman in 2288 posted:

Oh wow, Aurain, that hurt to read. maybe it's because I don't have my glasses on, wait a second--
nope. Still painful to read.

This reminds me, on saturday, I was at a friends place and he had ASB, and I recalled watching Baal's Kakyoin video for his HftF LP. As soon as I learned what the taunt button was, I won every game.

Well, "won" in the metaphorical sense, anyways.

Do NOT insult Lightning!!!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I have never played her games, but Lightning is an extremely cool fashion model and I respect her a great deal

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I have a soft spot for All Star Battle even though I've only played the demo... I'd only seen the anime and thought "Wow, what if this game turns out to be really good and I want to play it, I won't get any of the references post part 3" and that's why I stopped being anime only and read all the jojo manga

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Lightning is cool, just like Jojo. Especially part 4.

But yeah I'm absolute rear end at and know nothing about actual fighting games and even then I could tell from the demo of ASB that it wasn't super good.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Sometimes I dream that Capcom had made ASB, but then I wake up and shed a single tear because life isn't fair.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

no they will not posted:

I have a soft spot for All Star Battle even though I've only played the demo... I'd only seen the anime and thought "Wow, what if this game turns out to be really good and I want to play it, I won't get any of the references post part 3" and that's why I stopped being anime only and read all the jojo manga

At least ASB did something right

You read the manga

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I can't believe Koichi is loving dead

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Sinners Sandwich posted:

https://vine.co/v/itwDtOBhTVh

Poor Koichi.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

He used to be a side-character like us, but then he took an arrow to the throat.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

This is why u dont need to remember.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Koichi really dies? No dignity.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Baal posted:

At least ASB did something right

You read the manga

Yeah I mean no need to buy it now. It looks pretty bad

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

A note to people that want to own it and get the most out of it.

Of course the game covers and will spoil every part of Jojo so thats up to you if you have not read the manga if you want that, the majority of characters are from parts the anime has adapted though.

2, the online mode was very experimental and contributed in the games low sales in japan. It's pretty much a mobile game kind of set up where you fight random battles until the RNG gives you a boss fight, defeating the boss will make his health go down, and when defeated will drop loot. The loot are Poses and Costumes which there are a great deal and is very time consuming to unlcok. There is also an energy meter.

3, The dlc is about pricey, the base game has 32 character but 9 dlc characters. The DLC roster includes Lisa Lisa, Part 3 Joseph , Iggy and Vanilla Ice so people might feel ripped off some important characters were left out. Each charecter goes for 2.99 and the base game is 29.99 when it's not on sale.

So yeah, I own all of it and love it, don't play it. Jojo Eyes on Heaven will be another matter which comes out this summer, the important thing is the base game will be a complete experience sans a Preorder bonus of Part 4 Jotaro.

What were we talking about?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Sinners Sandwich posted:

a Preorder bonus of Part 4 Jotaro.

Have they confirmed if this will be a separate purchase after the fact?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I do not know, it was a preorder bonus for the Japanese version. The US release of All Star Battle was very generous in that regard releasing a costume for the Part 7 Jojo that you could only get for winning a tournament or something so I think Part 4 Jotaro will be easily available, espcially since they don't have to follow a dlc release schedule which they totally botched for All Star Battle

Edit: Eyes Over Heaven did not give a gently caress about lip sync
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dohltTycHKo

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

The Sandman posted:

He used to be a side-character like us, but then he took an arrow to the throat.

Man, gently caress you.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

jivjov posted:

Have they confirmed if this will be a separate purchase after the fact?

CC2 confirmed all of the DLC is free and made Jotaro a separate character for free download a month after the fact.

That being said all of the DLC is just Part 4 Jotaro.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I wish CC2 would just die

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I wish it were somehow possible to take the foundation of an amazingly well put together Platinum game and then ship it over to CC2 for a coat of paint because if there's such a thing as a perfect game that would probably come drat close.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Yeah, I mean, CC2 seems to really love Jojo, but they are mediocre game makers.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

TriffTshngo posted:

I wish it were somehow possible to take the foundation of an amazingly well put together Platinum game and then ship it over to CC2 for a coat of paint because if there's such a thing as a perfect game that would probably come drat close.

Kamiya has said he likes JoJo, and I'm sure there's no shortage of die-hard fans at (star) Platinum Games, so I don't know if you even need to bother.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bandai-Namco have the licenses and publishing rights to the games so it's up to them what devs they do and don't hand their anime ips to. Considering that before ASB there existed an even worse Phantom Blood game by an obscure dev it does not make me believe they care about giving the games to anyone good.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Baal posted:

Bandai-Namco have the licenses and publishing rights to the games so it's up to them what devs they do and don't hand their anime ips to. Considering that before ASB there existed an even worse Phantom Blood game by an obscure dev it does not make me believe they care about giving the games to anyone good.

Baal, why you gotta crush everyone's dreams?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I kinda want Bandai to gaze longingly at Korra/Transformers/TMNT and decides to get Platinum to make light-licensed games for them: JoJo/Gundam/Boruto.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

hoobajoo posted:

Baal, why you gotta crush everyone's dreams?

I don't want to but I will not let you live with hopes of a reality that will never come.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I kinda want Bandai to gaze longingly at Korra/Transformers/TMNT and decides to get Platinum to make light-licensed games for them: JoJo/Gundam/Boruto.

The Transformers game was super fun

Kirbychwan
Mar 19, 2009

Nuclear fusion causes confusion!
Late to the party but I love how calmly Josuke decided that he was just going to strangle an already unconscious person a little.

Great episode in general.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Just a little!!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://youtu.be/OECU_ajVuUc

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OECU_ajVuUc
Episode 4 trailer is out, apparently.

Script:
JOSUKE: Okuyasu Nijimura, I'm gonna fix you up with Crazy Diamond right now! Dorarararara!
OKUYASU: H-How is it? Am I better now?
JOSUKE: Nope, not even Crazy Diamond can help you here. You were born stupid; there's nothing I can do for you.
OKUYASU: Wha!?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Since Crazy Diamond returns things to "original" or "previous" states, do you think he could de-age people if he tried? He definitely has shown the ability to "pick" between previous states, especially later with the tar trick so do you think it's a matter of not being able to do it because he never tried like Jotaro and his secondary ability, or do you think that it wouldn't work?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I don't think aging counts as being broken and whatever Crazy D's ability is when you get to the technical nitty-gritty I would suppose some kind of "brokenness" is required

Then again cooking pasta isn't really breaking it either so what do I know

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Jotaro's hat wasn't broken either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

He doesn't just fix broken things, he returns them to a previous state. Didn't he do something like return concrete to a liquid state or am I misremembering that?

• Locked thread